Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
May 11, 2009 12:02 PM

Feb 2009
The episode was comprehensive, I feel it covered most things which were nessecary. I like how Al has some sort of relationship which is more than friendship with Winry lol. He is a stubborn character lol isn't he?! Overall the episode was good, nothing mediocre about it at all, so it is smooth sailing so far. Looks promising next episode.
May 11, 2009 12:28 PM

Sep 2008
this winry`s seiyu is like an idol of akiba, i love her voice
next is the library
is funny how we alll care so much for something we have already watched, but its fun to remember such a maserpiece series
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
May 11, 2009 1:02 PM

Jul 2008
winry <3 not really exciting epi but at least winry was there <3
shes by far the only one where i could recognize that she got a different seiyuu, i forgot the other ones already~~
not really bad and so, but i prefer the old one since i still know it.

May 11, 2009 1:05 PM

Jul 2007
Sami092 said:
I like how Al has some sort of relationship which is more than friendship with Winry lol.

I am sorry, but are we watching the same series? Get such crazy thoughts out of your mind, kid. Winry is made for Ed and only for Ed as this episode has proved :3

Zero_r2 said:

is funny how we alll care so much for something we have already watched

If you failed to notice the differences as of now, then you should stop watching anime ASAP IMO...
May 11, 2009 1:14 PM

Apr 2009
Fai said:
Sami092 said:
I like how Al has some sort of relationship which is more than friendship with Winry lol.

I am sorry, but are we watching the same series? Get such crazy thoughts out of your mind, kid. Winry is made for Ed and only for Ed as this episode has proved :3

Shippers will see what they want to see. XD
They'll realize it's Ed/Win later on when it becomes more and more obvious. I love the scene where
May 11, 2009 1:21 PM
Oct 2008
Really with the pairings....lets not go there. Though Ed/Win is pretty much a given in this series I don't think it would be unfair to say that Al might have small feelings for Winry. Didn't they mention fighting over her when they where younger at one point?

Though that's just my opinion and how I observed it.
May 11, 2009 1:21 PM

Jul 2007
magelet said:

They'll realize it's Ed/Win later on when it becomes more and more obvious. I love the scene where

The "i know whats inside it" moment and the thoughts Winry think after getting onto the train after THAT event are my favourite EdWin moments so far, along with the "height scene".
May 11, 2009 2:15 PM

Oct 2007
Good episode. Just a few more episodes where it changes. I'm waiting on the Greed arc.
May 11, 2009 2:53 PM

Aug 2008
This episode finally allowed me to finally notice whats making this series so bad...

Its not that it is rushed, however it is a direct consequence... Lack of flow. Simple as that.
May 11, 2009 3:00 PM

Apr 2009
llamaben said:
This episode finally allowed me to finally notice what's making this series so good...

fix'd

On a more serious note, though, the flow feels fine to me. The last episode led right into this one, and I think the little side introduction of Marco was fairly well fit into the episode.
May 11, 2009 3:51 PM

Feb 2008
I thought that was a brilliant episode. Winry's new voice is fitting, I don't think it's really that off from the first one. That home scene really got me this time around even more so than last time, I think the directing at that part of the episode was spot on.

Like the user above me said, I don't see any pacing or flow problems whatsoever. Infact this episode proved that they've managed to fit a hell of alot into one episode without it being rushed.

Whatever, I loved it. Winry ♥
May 11, 2009 4:10 PM

Aug 2008
Al travelling with the sheep was really priceless!!!:)

And that screw!! Wiiiinry!!
CelloMay 11, 2009 4:15 PM
May 11, 2009 4:14 PM

Oct 2008
I think discussion forums should just not be made. Too many people complain.

Episode was great. Lot of dialogue was taken out, but more was added along with other scenes. So I'm fine.
SnuffyMay 11, 2009 4:17 PM
May 11, 2009 4:26 PM

Apr 2007
Nice episode. I like Winry's new voice, she sounds really cute :3
May 11, 2009 5:04 PM

May 2007
This actually felt to me like kind of a slow paced episode, but still it was great :)
Winryyyy~ <3 I hope we see more of her soon. Her new voice really fits her imo.

Mhm~ I also hope we get to see more of the Homunculus soon~

May 11, 2009 5:14 PM

Jan 2008
having read the manga and watched the original anime and now watching this anime, is starting to make all the facts mush in my head x.x
May 11, 2009 8:58 PM

Jun 2007
Average episode. It was good but not much really happened.

Cello said:

yay
May 11, 2009 9:26 PM

Jan 2009
Very nice change of pace from the action packed eps of the past. Good to see Ed reflect on his childhood. Too bad they left out the part of Armstrong joining in Ed and Al's training. I always found that part hilarious.

BTW, the music during the train scene in the begining of this ep was incredible!

May 11, 2009 10:58 PM
Oct 2007
Haven't read the manga but after this episode, I'm starting to see the differences between this version and the original anime. Have to say this adaptation is growing on me more and more, minus the weird first episode. I can feel the direction it's going, which is the manga's I suppose, is not the same as the original anime and I like this progress. However, at this pace, I'll be sad that Hughes will *** sooner. =(

And Winry's voice was fine.
May 11, 2009 11:57 PM

Apr 2009
Annisa said:
Haven't read the manga but after this episode, I'm starting to see the differences between this version and the original anime. Have to say this adaptation is growing on me more and more, minus the weird first episode. I can feel the direction it's going, which is the manga's I suppose, is not the same as the original anime and I like this progress. However, at this pace, I'll be sad that Hughes will *** sooner. =(

Yeah. That particular... *ahem* event took place in volume 4 of the manga. Compared to ep 25 of the first anime.
May 12, 2009 1:43 AM

Jul 2008
cyruz said:
Good episode, Winry seems awesome.
yeah great episode, really enjoyed it^^
May 12, 2009 1:54 AM

Mar 2008
Snuffy said:
I think discussion forums should just not be made. Too many people complain.

It's only natural for negative opinions to be posted, tends to help with the discussion aspect of discussion forums.
May 12, 2009 2:31 AM

Mar 2009
I enjoyed this episode and it's fun to see teenage Winry. She looks awesome. I though this was a good build up episode for what's coming next.
May 12, 2009 3:50 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
nice ep i guess

i feel like when they connected his nerves in the first FMA it was more dramatic.
p r o f i l e 👀
May 12, 2009 4:07 AM

Jan 2008
Naruleach said:
i feel like when they connected his nerves in the first FMA it was more dramatic.
This.

Also I can't help but noticing, where's the great soundtrack? FMA 1 is regarded by me anyway, as having the greatest OST of all time. FMA 2, where is it?
May 12, 2009 4:25 AM

Jul 2007
aero said:
Also I can't help but noticing, where's the great soundtrack? FMA 1 is regarded by me anyway, as having the greatest OST of all time. FMA 2, where is it?

I don't remember a track from FMA1,nor ever bothered to look up on who composed it, but I am already in love with Akira Senju's soundtrack for FMA2. That says it all.
May 12, 2009 4:35 AM

Feb 2008
Naruleach said:

Yeah, to be honest, that's my only gripe. I was waiting for that bit but they didn't put it in. Personally, I thought it was a great little bit of character development right there, that Ed wouldn't cry even though grown men would. I hope they fit it in somewhere although I doubt they will.

About the soundtrack, I'm not one to notice soundtracks at all and I honestly hated all of the OP's and EDs (except the first one) but the BGM was actually something wonderful and really built up the tension or eased the comedy. It's still early days though, we're only at the 6th episode, I think people are expecting too much too quick.
May 12, 2009 7:15 AM

Sep 2007
Needs more ALEX LOUIS ARMSTRONG!

Other than that, it was just awesome.
May 12, 2009 8:40 AM

Dec 2008
On my first time through the series it has been great so far. This episode was a nice change of pace.
May 12, 2009 3:07 PM

Oct 2008
LolitaDecay said:
Naruleach said:

Yeah, to be honest, that's my only gripe. I was waiting for that bit but they didn't put it in. Personally, I thought it was a great little bit of character development right there, that Ed wouldn't cry even though grown men would. I hope they fit it in somewhere although I doubt they will.

IIRC, it was in the beginning of the chapter in the manga and they completely skipped that part in the anime.

M_A said:
It's only natural for negative opinions to be posted, tends to help with the discussion aspect of discussion forums.

Yeah I agree with that, but too much people keep commenting on pacing and how the stories seem "similar." These comments seemed to have died down a lot compared to previous episodes however, so I guess it's fine.
May 12, 2009 6:00 PM

Jan 2008
This show is really fast paced. In the previous series this episode was like on ep 10 or something. But it's still cool.
May 12, 2009 7:05 PM

Aug 2008
NoyaChan said:

Winryyyy~ <3 I hope we see more of her soon. Her new voice really fits her imo.

This is the only reason of why I like this episode.

As usual, the pacing is still fast as ever.

May 12, 2009 7:48 PM

Dec 2008
yatsushiro said:
Really? Or is that the bias speaking? I also thought the pace was fast in the beginning, but there was clearly a noticeable difference in pace (slower pace) for atleast the past two episodes...atleast for me..
May 12, 2009 9:04 PM
Oct 2008
robbydesu said:
yatsushiro said:
Really? Or is that the bias speaking? I also thought the pace was fast in the beginning, but there was clearly a noticeable difference in pace (slower pace) for atleast the past two episodes...atleast for me..

The pace has slowed down since the first 3 episodes and the episodes have started to flow a lot better then previous episodes. It is fast in a way but it's not nearly as fast as the other episodes.
May 13, 2009 1:13 AM

Jul 2007
robbydesu said:
yatsushiro said:

Just forget it.

"Paciing" or "Rushiiing it" will be a meme ignorant people will use through entire series.
May 13, 2009 2:43 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
Fai said:
aero said:
Naruleach said:
This.
I don't remember a track from FMA1,nor ever bothered to look up on who composed it, but I am already in love with Akira Senju's soundtrack for FMA2. That says it all.
Are you serious Fai? the FMA soundtrack is seriously one of the best composed out there. You should really give it a chance instead of replying in such a "humph" way. I feel like you are so against any negative comments towards FMA2 that you'll just write anything as a response to "protect" it or whatever.
p r o f i l e 👀
May 13, 2009 4:29 AM

Feb 2008
Lighthearted episode and I agree that this episode would just be an average if Armstrong wasn't there... XD

Too many things happening in each episode, there's no so much filler and I love it...

And I think FMA2 is getting creepier, I don't know. Hahaha! That's just how I feel.

Anyways, loved to see Winry again. :3
May 13, 2009 4:48 AM

Jul 2007
Naruleach said:
the FMA soundtrack is seriously one of the best composed out there. You should really give it a chance instead of replying in such a "humph" way.

Its really the most overrated sound track for sure, because, except for OP songs, there's nothing overly good there in FMA1. ;]
May 13, 2009 4:52 AM

Dec 2008
Fai said:
robbydesu said:
yatsushiro said:

Just forget it.

"Paciing" or "Rushiiing it" will be a meme ignorant people will use through entire series.
Hahaha I try I try XD I'm stubborn like that hahaha~ :P
May 13, 2009 5:45 AM

Aug 2008
To be honest with you guys, I don't intend to bash this show and the people around here. In fact, I like this version versus the first season.

If you did watch the first season, you will feel the same way like I do. However, I don't say that it's a bad thing though.

I am not one of those people who rants about how this show is inferior to the first adaptation.

I'm more particular into the story part since the first adaptation failed to cover it.

May 13, 2009 9:47 AM

Apr 2009
Woah, it's getting heated in here... XD

About the OSTs:
I like the soundtrack from FMA1 just about as much as the next fan, but I have to say I agree with Fai that it is kind of overrated. I mean, someone on here said it was (in their opinion) the greatest of all time. When you compare it to all the amazing soundtracks out there (Cowboy Bebop's, for example) that statement seems kind of ridiculous. But then, I always hate making "best ever" statements about ANYTHING.
Anyway, I'm loving the new soundtrack so far. Can't we just stfu about the first series all together, and just focus on this series?
May 13, 2009 10:08 AM
Oct 2007
^
As much as I agree with you magelet (about the focusing on this series), I don't think that's gonna happen, at least not until we get to content the 1st anime didn't cover, and even then a few people will still make comparisons. =x Just leave it be, lol. As long as you yourself enjoy the show, that's all that matters. =]
May 13, 2009 10:25 AM

Aug 2008
I'm sorry, am I the only person who doesn't find anything notable about either soundtracks? I feel like this is yet another facet in the FMA vs. FMA:B argument (previously over overall pacing and episode comparisons), where the argument is based more on what bias you have for which show than it is the actual debate at hand. So far, I don't feel like any scene in Brotherhood has been heightened because the music. And maybe I need to go and rewatch the first FMA (which, more and more I feel like I need to do), but I don't ever remember thinking any way about any of the music (op and ed included...I don't get the hype over those songs) there either.
May 13, 2009 11:33 AM

Aug 2008
I find it hard to believe that mentioning the word "rush" or "pacing" will blow people's minds.

I take it back on what I said earlier. I can live with this show's pacing. I just don't want to startle anyone here or cause any trouble.

May 13, 2009 7:35 PM

Feb 2009
Haha unlike many, I do like the voice of Winry. Was a good episode, it's kinda like rewatching the old show as of now.

But I really like the ending song for some reason..
May 14, 2009 3:07 AM

Feb 2009
Fai said:
Sami092 said:

Zero_r2 said:

is funny how we alll care so much for something we have already watched

If you failed to notice the differences as of now, then you should stop watching anime ASAP IMO...

Sorry I meant, Ed. I always get the names mixed up.
May 14, 2009 3:23 PM

Aug 2008
cyruz said:
Good episode, Winry seems is awesome.

Fixed dude.

Seriously, what more could you want than Armstrong. Him throwing Al in the box. Him offering "My embrace". Him standing outside the door shedding manly tears.

Ed was especially cute when approaching Winry during her work.

A good episode.
May 14, 2009 6:18 PM
Mar 2009
armstrong's manly tears of gold and shinyness... awesome... still funny how they give him pain thru both limbs at same time

True or False
Anime + Manga = Chuck Norris / Chuck Norris
May 15, 2009 8:27 AM

Jun 2008
I don't have much to say about this episode...all the events were in the previous series, but it was a good episode. ^_^
Note: I decided not to accept random friend requests. Most of the ones I accept will be people I know from other sites unless I get to know some people here. (=^_^=)
May 15, 2009 6:49 PM
Jun 2008
Ah! Winry~ XD I'm happy to see her again

Good episode.Alsom I'm laughing more in this season ^-^
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Aug 9, 2009

359 by _Abdullah_ »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 64 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 4, 2010

970 by Prumpin »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 63 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jun 27, 2010

376 by wretuo »»
May 12, 10:38 AM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Veronin - Apr 5, 2009

620 by guikenshin »»
May 11, 9:41 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Ahenshihael - Aug 2, 2009

211 by TheBrokenBoyy »»
May 9, 5:24 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.