Forum Settings
Forums
BECK
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 28, 2009 6:18 AM

Aug 2007
THIS IS AN MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
The last chapter has been scanned. It's been a great run. I've been reading this since I was 14. I'll miss this series. Yet, I'm surprised Harold hasn't came out with another manga.
Apr 28, 2009 4:18 PM
Jun 2007
that was great esp the extra on eddie ...i hv some closure now !
Apr 28, 2009 6:23 PM

Mar 2008
was a amazing series was kinda hoping to see maybe a page off where they are in a couples year and i liked that extra on eddie
You Know You Want To Click Them :D
Apr 28, 2009 9:34 PM

Oct 2008
It was a great manga I'll miss...what a journey!!
May 5, 2009 5:40 AM

Nov 2008
I'm actually quite disappointed in this manga. It had so much potential but the mangaka wasted it by repeating the same pattern of "Oh no, you might not be sponsored -> you are sponsored but let's create drama between Maho and Yukio -> Eddie/Chiba drama -> somehow manage to make it concert -> "awesome" concert -> everyone's weird respect for Yukio.

I believe it's suspension of disbelief. The mangaka failed to suspend mine and I am quite let down by the story.

Story - 7/10
Art - 9/10
Overall - 8/10
May 10, 2009 3:15 AM

Aug 2007
It's the friggin' awesomenest anime/manga story I've ever experienced.!!

Harold Sakuishi is very talented both in drawing and plot. Every chapter was great, had a lot of feeling in it. Especially the final ones.

Great journey, great end. I'll miss it!!... *sniff*
May 21, 2009 4:12 AM

Mar 2008
I think it ended ok, what more could have happened xD, the series left a deep influenc in me, I can play every song which was in the show, but I wuld like to see Eddie playing whit them xD.
May 25, 2009 12:29 PM

Jul 2007
It was a nice ending, loved reading this series.
Jun 12, 2009 8:22 PM
Nov 2007
This ending was beautiful.. simply beautiful. I listened to slip out for the last 10-15 pages.

Such an incredible and interesting journey.
Jul 23, 2009 2:27 PM

Dec 2008
LMFAO I was re-reading the series and just noticed...Hiro Nakamura is a BECK fan? xD

(From ch. 102, pg. 24)

(reference image here)
AeternaJul 23, 2009 5:08 PM
Jul 23, 2009 6:07 PM
Aug 2008
this was a freakin good manga series ! i really want them to make it into an anime !!
Jul 23, 2009 6:08 PM
Dec 2008
pinayloserr said:
this was a freakin good manga series ! i really want them to make it into an anime !!

same. one of the best ive read.
Aug 26, 2009 1:55 PM

Oct 2007
Great ending. Wasn't a fan of the art sometimes and I felt it moved too slow in certain parts but very touching and very moving. Some of the best character development I've seen in awhile. Great journey.

"I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees." By Emiliano Zapata
Sep 15, 2009 3:26 PM

Nov 2008
pinayloserr said:

There already is an anime series. It only covers the first arc though.
Dec 8, 2009 2:42 AM

Nov 2007
What an AMAZING series, it just blew me away, read it all in 2 days really happy all of it had been released by this point omg wouldn't minded some more Maho x Koyuki but still that series was epic! Loved every panel of it.
Dec 8, 2009 10:50 AM

Nov 2008
Anyone who thinks Maho and Koyuki will last must be kidding themselves.
Jan 30, 2010 3:56 AM

Aug 2009
LOL. I'm a Heroes fan, and I didn't even notice Hiro there, probaly because I was focusing everything on BECK.

But maan, this really was an amazing series and I've decided to put both the manga and the anime on my favourites. I haven't loved a series this much for a long time. I was so into it that I finished the manga in around 2 days too. :P

I'm definitely going to be re-reading this one after awhile.

Signature made by PresSiT. (:
Feb 3, 2010 6:06 PM
Jan 2010
I really enjoyed the emotional journey this series took me on. I haven't been this "into" a story in years! I am glad the story ended how and where it did. Any longer and it would have felt dragged on I think.

I really enjoyed the Eddie extra, it really seemed to fill in some of the blanks of Ryuuske.
Jun 23, 2010 3:37 PM

Dec 2007
What a perfect ending. The series had a great feeling throughout, but I think watching the anime beforehand really helped set the atmosphere of it.
Jul 1, 2010 3:34 PM
Sep 2009
arimakenshin said:
I'm actually quite disappointed in this manga. It had so much potential but the mangaka wasted it by repeating the same pattern of "Oh no, you might not be sponsored -> you are sponsored but let's create drama between Maho and Yukio -> Eddie/Chiba drama -> somehow manage to make it concert -> "awesome" concert -> everyone's weird respect for Yukio.

I believe it's suspension of disbelief. The mangaka failed to suspend mine and I am quite let down by the story.

Story - 7/10
Art - 9/10
Overall - 8/10
I don't quite see how that contributes to a pattern since most of the things that you mentioned happened either once or twice besides the whole drama with Maho and Koyuki thing. Which was mainly a side story since in every coming-of-age type of story it's somehow mandatory for there to be a constantly conflicting love interest. Anyways, noone's going to change your mind about what you thought of it. At least you still gave it a decent score.

One manga series can't please everyone so I guess you're one of the few that were disappointed.
Aug 22, 2010 2:34 AM

Jul 2009
Nice 9/10
And i must say Maho x Koyuki is one of the best couple out there
Aug 26, 2010 9:10 AM

Aug 2010
im kinda disappointed at the end. i mean they could have ended this with like 10 years after or what happened after they finished all their tours, just a quick summarize would be amazing.

well, Overall i give this series a 9/10
if i wasn't interested in Music
i would have given this an 8/10.

but 9 out of 10 for me =D
Feb 1, 2011 10:15 PM

Apr 2009
Marthoned this series in a day. Loved it.
May 16, 2011 2:57 PM
Apr 2011
It was good I really like it but the end not so much I wanted to see ending with Maho x Koyuki and what hapens with them but I sow memories of the pass i hate when the autors do that.
Jun 5, 2011 1:11 PM

Aug 2010
It's a wonderful ending, not just the plot but also the way the mangaka presented it. Though of course there are still questions about Maho and Koyuki's relationship and other stuff, i think the ending being quite an abstract shows how their journey and lives are still ongoing.
Jun 26, 2011 11:14 PM

Jan 2010
blue-y said:
It's a wonderful ending, not just the plot but also the way the mangaka presented it. Though of course there are still questions about Maho and Koyuki's relationship and other stuff, i think the ending being quite an abstract shows how their journey and lives are still ongoing.

Yeah, I agree. I don't think an epilogue or time skip would have befitted this manga very well, though that's my opinion. Only thing that somewhat bothers me, is the fact that characters like Izumi or Hyodou weren't mentioned again after their "part" in Koyuki's development in music. I think FVE should have appeared a second time, I thought the American Tour arc was done very well. Lastly, I kind of think Sayaka should have appeared again, even if it was only a page or so. Kind of seemed odd. the last scene she was in with Koyuki, then cutting out. Didn't really mention what happened with Victor either after Leon and his gang surprised him on his turf. Guess he's dead though. Other than that, this series was damn good. My favorite arcs were probably American Tour and Avalon fest.

On a side note: I think it must have been a running gag to have all the females in the manga look ugly if they were side characters or friend's of the band, lol.
VitaXJun 26, 2011 11:45 PM
Jun 14, 2012 10:41 PM

Dec 2008
gah wanted more Maho at the end =\ but at least momo chan ended up happy at the end

jeez so good i havent been sucked into a series like this in quite awhile
Aug 4, 2012 6:15 PM

Jul 2012
That was a really good read but to be completely honest the author should have expanded a bit on maho and koyuki's relationship because to be honest i felt really disappointed in the end. I mean even in the very last conflict they had where they met each other it didn't exactly feel resolved i mean they were going through some serious shit and then suddenly a hug fixes that? what? I dont want to be sounding like i hated the series it was a brilliant story overall just needed to explore maho and koyuki a little bit more because their relationship started extremely strong in the beginning but they concluded the story without any progress in their relationship
Sep 1, 2012 2:21 PM

Aug 2010
Great series but just as some others said I was a bit disappointed with how they concluded Koyuki and Maho's relationship. Maho became too much of a side character in the second half and it felt like their relationship wasn't concluded properly.

Anyways besides that the final concert was amazing, I even played the Devil's way soundtrack while reading it. I really liked this series I was hooked since the first episode of the anime. Overall I give it a 9/10.

I'm going to definitely watch the Live action movie for beck.
Jul 4, 2014 12:58 PM

Aug 2012
That was very enjoyable. I really love the band, they have become like a family to me. I wish I could see them live... I'm not into music so much, but I felt the music in this manga. The band's development, characters, hardships, their energy - it all spoke to me. The same as Beck's music, this manga has a soul. I could feel that the mangaka put his heart into it. Very interesting.

VitaX said:

Only thing that somewhat bothers me, is the fact that characters like Izumi or Hyodou weren't mentioned again after their "part" in Koyuki's development in music. I think FVE should have appeared a second time, I thought the American Tour arc was done very well. Lastly, I kind of think Sayaka should have appeared again, even if it was only a page or so. Kind of seemed odd. the last scene she was in with Koyuki, then cutting out. Didn't really mention what happened with Victor either after Leon and his gang surprised him on his turf. Guess he's dead though. Other than that, this series was damn good.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.
Oct 3, 2014 11:49 AM

Oct 2012
I wasn't let down. Really liked that it culminated into a giant celebration of music. There were waaaay too many cheesy moments, and I still think that the whole "the dreams were sending a message from the beyond" was contrived as hell. Overall, clunky, true, but brutally honest with its love affair with music. And with a solid roster of characters, this manga still comes out triumphant.

I'm just glad the anime didn't get this far. It would've been unbearable to hear a subpar singer get complemented on an international level.
Oct 13, 2014 3:22 AM

Jul 2013
Read in 2009. One of all time fav manga
Nov 7, 2014 7:58 PM

Aug 2014
Just finished read it and it was really awesome. Great series and really enjoyable!
Dec 18, 2014 1:49 AM

May 2013
Oh man, I'm not much a fan of the music genre but this manga is so good. I just got completely immersed in this manga. 2 words for this, SO GOOD.
Dec 22, 2014 12:33 AM

Dec 2010
Ducat_Revel said:
I wasn't let down. Really liked that it culminated into a giant celebration of music. There were waaaay too many cheesy moments, and I still think that the whole "the dreams were sending a message from the beyond" was contrived as hell. Overall, clunky, true, but brutally honest with its love affair with music. And with a solid roster of characters, this manga still comes out triumphant.

I'm just glad the anime didn't get this far. It would've been unbearable to hear a subpar singer get complemented on an international level.
Basically my thoughts here. I thought the singer's voice was interesting and decent enough for the anime, but yeah, with the singer's voice in my mind, it felt weird in the manga how everyone kept getting blown away by his voice.

Overall - The storytelling was wonderful, but I do think the manga got caught up in some contrived plots in making it more dramatic/exciting. Nonetheless, it was an exciting and pretty inspiring read. I also think the artwork was AWESOME. So, 9/10 from me.
Jan 11, 2015 7:30 PM

Apr 2011
Fucking love for this manga. One of my favorites now.
Jul 14, 2015 4:13 PM
Jan 2011
I still find Eddie's death to be one of the most meaningless moments of this manga. However I've accepted it and moved on. Overall I give this manga 10/10 because the characters, drawing, and conclusion was very satisfactory for me. Sure the story had repetitive moments and way too many antagonists who hate Beck and it was a relief once all of them went away. I can't find it in my heart to give Beck a 9/10 for those flaws and I love the characters way too much to give it anything less than 10/10.
Sep 6, 2015 9:01 AM

Oct 2011
Read this manga again, it's overall impact is so astounding that I didn't really bother with the flaws it had. There are some subplots that could've been expanded a bit further but the ending was satisfying enough

10/10
Sep 6, 2015 6:47 PM

Nov 2011
Great manga overall and storytelling. I really liked how they emphasized on Eddie, the music, performances, and goals to follow a dream. A few of the subplots few a bit rushed and predictable imo but was still fun to see. I am slightly disappointed by Koyuki and Maho's relationship in some of the final few chapters though. Wish they expanded more on that slightly. Still, a good read overall.

8/10. Might check out some of the author's other works!
Oct 30, 2015 4:29 PM

Jun 2012
what a manga, finished in 2 days after watching the anime in one day. The only thing i'm disappointed in is the same as most people, that there wasn't some kind of epilogue or a bit more to close out Maho x koyuki, gotta say they are the best couple and i really enjoyed their relationship throughout they had some really great moments that i loved. I knew they would never really be unfaithful but it still kept me really on edge :D just a bit of closure would have been nice.

But all in all it's a 10 from me, i can't give it anything less it was too amazing for me.

Where's this damn 100 episode anime at? lmao, i wish, a man can dream xD
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Apr 12, 2017 3:41 PM
Jan 2017
Shitty ending, 99 chapters of them passing through all that sht and for the end we saw nothing about their fame or lifes as rockstars...
WatermelonnableApr 12, 2017 4:23 PM
Feb 26, 2018 2:27 PM

Nov 2016
Thoroughly enjoyed this manga besides a few things that bothered. The art at times was somewhat off-putting for me. But the ending was okay. I did feel Maho x Koyuki was missing out from the ending. Especially after the whole chasing each other down in UK. Personally didn't like Maho becoming a side character for the second half but it's what it's. To me it was weird but I get that music is the main focus.
Aug 1, 2019 7:55 PM

Dec 2013
Just finished reading this. Tfw you'll never have a gf like Maho.
9/10.

May 1, 2020 1:21 PM

Aug 2015
Who killed Eddie?
Jun 22, 2020 12:43 PM
Apr 2018
That was a satisfying end.

THANK YOU :)
Aug 2, 2020 11:29 AM

Jun 2013
Just finished reading this in a day.
I watched the anime years ago, and I absolutely loved it. Found myself with some time and nothing to watch/read so I decided to give it a shot.

Absolutely amazing. It really is a shame we didn't get an anime of the whole manga, but it really stands fantastically on its own.
It was inspiring, emotional, funny and everything else you could want from a manga.

Perfect. 10/10
Apr 16, 2021 7:24 PM
Apr 2021
VitaX said:

Only thing that somewhat bothers me, is the fact that characters like Izumi or Hyodou weren't mentioned again after their "part" in Koyuki's development in music. I think FVE should have appeared a second time, I thought the American Tour arc was done very well. Lastly, I kind of think Sayaka should have appeared again, even if it was only a page or so. Kind of seemed odd. the last scene she was in with Koyuki, then cutting out. Didn't really mention what happened with Victor either after Leon and his gang surprised him on his turf. Guess he's dead though. Other than that, this series was damn good.

Oh man, I do agree with this statement. The ending (for the band, not Eddie's bonus chapter) is a mixed bag for me. It feels a bit rushed, isn't it? Like many of the characters is not ended properly. Their last performance on Grateful Sound could've been shortened and be used to show more character's conclusions. Like, Izumi's role is very important to Koyuki's arc since she pretty much kickstarts the whole story by introducing Koyuki to DB, but they weirdly just forget about her and swept it under the rug. Maho also completely disappears after Avalon. Leon Sykes never explored more either (and also disappear after Avalon, same as Maho), he is pretty much the same character all the way to the end. Too bad because I LOVE him and wish he had a redemption arc or something. I still love the whole manga, though. Probably 8/10 for me.
May 7, 2021 1:09 AM

May 2020
This manga was pretty good but I wasn't super impressed by it. The characters were serviceable and likable for the most part but the story didn't impress me very much. I'm not a huge fan of music, which I'm guessing played a part in why I couldn't really get attached to this manga. 5/10.
TitanInsaneJun 14, 2021 9:08 AM
Mar 2, 2022 11:55 AM
Jul 2017
Finished reading it today and it is one of the best manga I ever read! I will never forget the journey that was reading Beck! I loved it!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» What are your opinions about Koyuki x Maho at the end of the manga?

removed-user - Apr 17, 2021

9 by Euroqean »»
Jan 13, 2023 3:12 PM

Poll: » Beck Chapter 103 Discussion

TheGenkiGuy - Nov 8, 2020

1 by MyAntiList »»
Dec 20, 2022 8:38 PM

Poll: » Beck Chapter 80 Discussion

removed-user - Feb 1, 2009

2 by ugo333 »»
Dec 8, 2022 4:35 AM

Poll: » Beck Chapter 87 Discussion

removed-user - Feb 1, 2009

5 by Yadava98 »»
Dec 1, 2022 9:23 AM

» Physical English Versions?

sk8head - Aug 30, 2020

4 by dreihk »»
Nov 12, 2021 10:25 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.