Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 26, 2009 8:53 AM

Jan 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Good episode. Finally intro to Maximilian and Gregor. Alicia....VERY MOE! (in this episode). What I liked: the good fan service for girls, but which chest they like....Welkins or Faldios? The meeting with Maximilian/Gregor/Radi/Selvaria. Selvaria, Selvaria and Selvaria's breasts are *boing, boing*. Alicia walking in when Faldio was chest naked and her blushing made her MOE. Alicia/Welkin meeting that fat commander Kitsune (think is his name) and Alicia being surprised by his touching her. Serious character of Gregor. Faldio helping Alicia in laundry but takes her underwear and anothr MOE moment of Alicia. The battle of Kitsune's forces VS Gregor's forces (looks like they used a similar tactic to Blitzkrieg because their attack destroy fast and with precision). When Welkin's team was about to go fight and Faldio's team joins them (that was pure heat relief that they have help...Gregor looks nasty in military tactics). Of course the slap of Alicia on Faldio but Faldio dodges and Welkin gets it.
What I did not like:

Going to like those breasts of Selvaria if they keep swinging like in here....

Many MOE of Alicia, very appealing and many friends want that body pillow of her after seeing her like this in this episode.

Maximilian reminds of Caesar a lot! This is good because I like Roman times things.

Gregor reminds me of nasty SS Nazis officers.

Apr 27, 2009 5:30 AM

Jan 2008

the emperor has arrived !! :p
TheUniqueReaperApr 27, 2009 6:48 AM
Apr 27, 2009 5:51 AM

Jan 2009
reaper_unique said:

the emperor has arrived !! :p

Going to have fun to see if he is going to be as good as real Cesar! Wonder about that too.....

Soulstrider said:

For some reason he reminds me of Reinhard.

Which anime is that from?
Somehow me find myself liking the breasts and form of Selvaria.
japanme32Apr 27, 2009 7:40 AM
Apr 27, 2009 7:31 AM

May 2008

For some reason he reminds me of Reinhard.
Apr 27, 2009 9:39 AM

Feb 2009
Reminds me of Lohengramm much more
Apr 27, 2009 7:31 PM
Jul 2018
i had to lol at Jaegar and Gregor's conversation. idk, Jaegar should use honorifics to his own father right? lawl

well, i still dont like selvaria's drawing style, she just looks... too old. but other than that, everything else looks great. I love that they included untold episodes fromt he game, such as the Damon's force getting annihilated, direct conflict b/w Damon and Welkin (game never really had this. there was something about the regulars looking down upon militia, but most of the conflict was b/w Damon and Varrot... and i think anime is going to have it as a huge part). But the best thing wsa that anime actually gave Gregor more personality (for those of u who have played the game... u know what i mean probably). I love how they are trying to portray him as a ruthless commander. I was overall satisfied with the episode, and felt that it was a great comeback from somewhat disappointing ep 3

ps. idk, but why is welkin using Susie... she goes humanitarian, BAM! u r screwed. i'd rather see ramona...
Apr 28, 2009 3:31 PM

Aug 2008
Where the fudge are the subs dammit!!

(Will edit back with opinion on episode once I obtain subs.)
Apr 28, 2009 11:46 PM
Apr 2008
Overall, this episode was just okay and not as action-oriented as the past few. It's basically a day in the life of Squad 7 in the barracks, I guess. But man, Alicia is so moe! It was nice to see the introductions of Maximillian, Selvaria and Gregor. Some highlights were Alicia's many scenes of moe, like with the pantsu and whatnot, and when we finally got to see some more members of Squad 7, particularly Edy and Marina.

The next episode looks promising. Largo finally ends up using the lancer-rocket-thing like he's supposed to. I do hope that each character follows their corresponding class unlike the last episode when everyone just had a carbine like a scout.
Apr 29, 2009 12:45 AM

Nov 2006
KYA~* *~FALDIO~*
Apr 29, 2009 2:53 AM

Nov 2007
Awww only got a brief glimpse of Maximillian but he definitely reminds me of Lelouch =D! Faldio is a pretty awesome guy though xD but I'm really looking forward to the next episode.
Apr 29, 2009 5:20 AM

Aug 2008
Crimsonwill said:
Awww only got a brief glimpse of Maximillian but he definitely reminds me of Lelouch =D!

That's because he's played by the same person. Actually...I don't like his voice as Maximillian!!!
:( . Everytime he talks Lelouch comes into my mind, and the age difference is just too much for me to handle lol.

Alicia...MOE!
Apr 29, 2009 5:28 AM

Oct 2007
oh finally get to see Lelouch *cough* i mean Maximilian XD
it was a good episode and was funny with Faldio teasing Alicia
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 29, 2009 6:27 AM

Mar 2009
Nice ep, The slap at the end was priceless, and Alicia rose to a new level of Moe this episode. New characters...Damon is a lil bitch, just leavin his troops to die like that, but not as bad as Gregor, just throwin troops out to get slaughtered, And Faldio is Hilarious!! Urahara Out!!
Apr 29, 2009 6:50 AM

Apr 2008
HappyPear said:
..It was nice to see the introductions of Maximillian, Selvaria and Gregor...
It was, especially Maximilian. But Selvaria fanservice was just sad, I really hope she's not going to be draw/animated like that everytime. -_-
FiiFO said:
..it was a good episode and was funny with Faldio teasing Alicia
Faldio is shaping up to be a a fun character, and I'm glad his group will be joining up with Welkin's!!! Alicia during the teasing was indeed cute, but my favourite part would be Welkin's reaction when Faldio's subordinate glared at him, poor guy.. only then to get slapped later! XD

Actually wasn't sure what to make of Welkin at first but I really enjoy his scenes, maybe since he's pretty atypical, I'm not sure how he'll react to the situations that arise. The easy going ED kinda fits his personality too.
Apr 29, 2009 10:44 AM

Jun 2007
Just finished it. I liked the ending where Faldio was talking about seeing Alicia's underwear and all and everyone was like WTF. Anyway man those two miliatry guys are ruthless. I kinda expected the one general, what is his name damon?, to run off like that. He looks like one of those pansies who got to where he is by being a coward. As a girl though I completly loved the fanservice, and im not usually one who much cares one way or the other ^^. As far as fav characters the jury is still out for me so far.

I've Been Watching Anime for 20 years now. Can you beat that?
Apr 29, 2009 11:10 AM

Dec 2007
Yay, great episode again. I like how they give Faldio more development in the anime than in the game, it will make things a lot more interesting later on.

I wish that Edy, Marina and the other squad members would stop acting like mutes though >_>
Apr 29, 2009 12:05 PM

Apr 2009
Faldio is hilarious. I liked his interactions with Alicia, especially in the end.

BTW, how the hell is that Gregor guy a general? Don't generals need to give a damn about their troops and their safety? This guy just seem to like to send waves and waves of troops after the enemy regardless if they are all getting annihilated or not.
Apr 29, 2009 12:15 PM

Jun 2008
Fun episode.
Apr 29, 2009 12:26 PM

Aug 2008
Faldio~ I knew I would love him ever since I saw him reading that book in the opening theme. <3

Alicia...I really like her but I would prefer it if she would cut down on some of the whining behavior. Like when she saw Faldio naked and started jumping up and down...ugh. But she's still a very good character, especially when she's reporting for duty.

Faldio dodges the slap and it hits Welkin = best scene so far. XD
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 29, 2009 12:37 PM

Aug 2008
I thought Alicia will annoy me to death but she turned out to be pretty cute. iLike

reaper_unique said:
Oh look, it's Lulu!
Apr 29, 2009 1:39 PM

Jul 2008
Kvakond said:

reaper_unique said:
Oh look, it's Lulu!

LOL, but only if he was as wise as him XD
entertaining episode, seems like we have met the main enemies i think
i had to lol at the end when Alicia accidentally slapped Welkin XD
Apr 29, 2009 2:20 PM

Aug 2008
I was bored by this episode...I guess maybe I shouldn't have read Koda's blog on this before I actually watched it, but I doubt my feelings would be any different since I haven't played the game.

What really got me this episode was the voice acting. Even though I thought Alicia's reactions were excessive, I finally see why the brilliant Maria Inoue was chosen to do this: She adds tremendous charisma and hilarity to the bland Alicia. And Jun Fukuyama...I really don't want to hear him in anything. He's almost like the harbinger of doom to a lot of shows lately. I just feel like he's resting on his laurels with the same two voices and doesn't even try to create a character.

3/5 from me. I think the next episode will be good.
Apr 29, 2009 2:26 PM

Dec 2007
Has anybody else wondered at the aburdity of a general commanding a company? He'd be at least 4 or 5 ranks to high for that . . .
Oh well, I don't watch this anime for technical accuracy. And watching Faldio and Alicia's antics was good enough for me.

I'll note that Gregor is a rather interesting charactor. While his dress and demeanor suggest a German, his tactics and some of his attitude are distinctly Russian in nature. And no, that wasn't blitzkrieg, except maybe on the part of the Gallians. Blitzkrieg is about breaking through defensive lines with a concentrated force to encircle and/or ravage rear area support. What we saw, near as I can tell, was the deliberate sacrificing of troops to draw the Gallians in, almost certainly to leave them open for a flank attack. This is a classic anti-blitzkrieg tactic, most attributable to the Russians. The deliberate sacrificing of troops (rather unnecessarily I might add) is also distinctly Russian.
Apr 29, 2009 3:02 PM

May 2008
Welkin got slapped lol,he may be weird but he is one of the most interesting characters i have ever seen haha.

Damon was really useless, someone shoot him alreay >_>

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Apr 29, 2009 3:17 PM

Apr 2008
One of my favorite aspects of this show is that Welkin is a pragmatist. There just are very many pragmatic characters in anime and it is very refreshing.
Apr 29, 2009 5:57 PM
Apr 2008
nehnehneji said:
HappyPear said:
..It was nice to see the introductions of Maximillian, Selvaria and Gregor...
It was, especially Maximilian. But Selvaria fanservice was just sad, I really hope she's not going to be draw/animated like that everytime. -_-
I agree, I do hope that Selvaria isn't going to end up being the source of about... half the fanservice in this series. However, it seems that it's unlikely, just a hunch.
Apr 29, 2009 6:10 PM

Apr 2009
alicia is soo cute
PM me and let's be friends.
Apr 29, 2009 6:12 PM

Jul 2008
that general of the regulars got off easy, deserting his men like that >_< but with squad 7 on the way, the tide of the battle will change
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Apr 29, 2009 6:12 PM

Feb 2009
Kvakond said:

reaper_unique said:
Oh look, it's Lulu!

Jun voiced a baddy once again he's getting real good at that!
Jeez Alicia why screaming just seeing a guy bare chest! If he was butt naked I wonder what she would have done?
Apr 29, 2009 6:47 PM

Jul 2008
Really liked this episode, good set up for the next uncomming battle.

"Gomen Welkin, datte Faldio wa... 8-(" XD
Apr 29, 2009 10:09 PM

Sep 2008
yeah lulu imean...maximilian is here
"we`ve seen each other naked body and underwear deshou?"
considering itts a war anime i think its weird for such a moe character like alicia to be here but, thanks goodness she is here
welikin alicia and faldio make up this anime
oh and lelouch too
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Apr 29, 2009 10:55 PM

Sep 2008
I liked this episode, it was slightly filler in ways but also kept some of the story going aswell as introducing the enemies. It was quite funny to and gave some character development. Next week looks like it's gonna be back to the action which should be awesome. Great animation in this series too.
Apr 30, 2009 2:44 AM

Jul 2008
the episode is quite good^^ can't wait for the next one ^_^
Apr 30, 2009 4:39 AM

Apr 2008
Cool ~ cant wait to see how they complete this mission xD

Apr 30, 2009 8:30 AM

Sep 2008
It's great to hear Lelouch and Suzaku in the same episode.

Oops I mean Maximillian and Faldio...
Chicken + Dictionary + Dictionary = CMC. Eeyup.
Apr 30, 2009 10:15 AM
Apr 2008
Felt that this ep was going on too slow >.>
I just hope that the next ep pacing will be just nice
Apr 30, 2009 6:08 PM

Feb 2009
Lol at BL fanservice. Lol at Selvaria's chest in the anime. (Yeah, they did make them bigger) Lol at Damon being called a fox, probably a reference to Rommel. I mean this guy's so lame, how can they even compare him to Rommel. xD

I liked how they gave more importance to Faldio's character development in the anime and his relationship with Alicia, as some events later will justify this choice.

AlexstratzApr 30, 2009 6:11 PM
Apr 30, 2009 11:34 PM
Mar 2008
Selvaria is hot.
May 1, 2009 2:28 AM

Jul 2008
not much action this epi, but alicia is too awesome as a char <3

May 1, 2009 9:42 AM

Sep 2007
Lolz at Alicia's facial expressions. So now we have the big heads of the Empire being introduced. Now who will we have on the Gallian side!?
May 1, 2009 8:29 PM

Apr 2009
windy said:
KYA~* *~FALDIO~*

:D
May 1, 2009 10:09 PM

May 2008
Really enjoyed this episode, especially the last scene.
May 2, 2009 2:50 AM

Aug 2008
A very nice build up episode in preparation for the next sortie. Nevertheless, I will expect an epic battle next episode!

We also get to see all the baddies too.

May 2, 2009 5:31 AM

May 2008
Was the game's Alicia as moe as the anime character?
May 2, 2009 6:23 AM

Dec 2007
juun said:

Yes she was. Her facial expressions are the best :3
May 2, 2009 6:28 AM

May 2008
Charliehsv said:
juun said:

I have to pick up the game soon then xD
May 2, 2009 7:15 AM

Sep 2008
juun said:
Charliehsv said:
juun said:

I have to pick up the game soon then xD

hmm i don't think she was as 'much' in the game from what i played of it.
May 2, 2009 8:53 AM

Jul 2007
Actually Alicia was pretty different in the game. She's not tsundere at all. I don't remember many, if any, of these type of reactions she having in the anime happening in the game.
May 2, 2009 10:04 PM

Apr 2009
I love this series, great episode.

Too bad the game seems like a rare item to find now with the recent release of the anime and sega/sony dropping the price down to $29.99 have made it an almost complete sell out in most stores. Gamestop said they don't even have a schedule for new shipments and it is not available for online sale either. A guy at the store said I could pick up a used copy if I could find it for the full $59.99 price. Doesn't really make sense and now makes me wonder if sega will be releasing any new copies at some point... Might just have been a marketing ploy with the anime release because I heard that the game didn't fair to well in America, but was an obvious hit in Japan.

I believe I found it on New Egg for the original sale price though. That is if they don't tell me it is backordered.
May 2, 2009 10:41 PM

May 2008
$44.49 at amazon in stock
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» is the story complete in anime form?

NaughtySempai - Feb 2

8 by NaughtySempai »»
Feb 3, 3:29 AM

» Never got dubbed?

searingdark - Sep 15, 2023

3 by Levo »»
Oct 26, 2023 4:12 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 14 Discussion ( 1 2 )

daniking79 - Jul 4, 2009

76 by SSGHOKAGE »»
May 16, 2023 8:53 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

japanme32 - Apr 11, 2009

101 by YabaniMario »»
Apr 11, 2023 7:26 PM

Poll: » Valkyria Chronicles Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

hazelnutman - Apr 4, 2009

156 by YabaniMario »»
Apr 11, 2023 7:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.