Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Mar 31, 2009 7:10 PM

Jan 2008
White Album started off really nicely, but then it's gone kinda downhill, getting better again in the last few eps or so.

6/10 from me, would be one point lower if there wasn't a character like Yayoi, but thanks to her it stays with 6 and not 5/10.
Apr 1, 2009 12:37 AM

Jul 2008
I think this was a pretty decent way to end the first season. In the beginning, it felt more like the end of the series completely, but then the second half reminded me of all the questions left unanswered. I was happy to see Yuki's song do well during the concert and then to see Touya pretty much choose her officially. He finally denied that skank of a manager she has.

Overall, I'll give this series a 7 since Touya finally came around to his senses at the end. That score may be lowered or higher depending on the next half.
Apr 1, 2009 9:00 AM
Nov 2007
I actually got caught of it and so it was a good first season and It looks like the second season is going to be intense and exciting so I'm hoping it's going to get good the next season........
Anyway overall it was ok so 7/10 for me..........
Apr 1, 2009 11:17 AM

May 2008
De-JaY said:

Wrapped up Mana made me lol

so cute. and how about the girl at the start of the episode? the goddess of the day.. do we see a foreshadowing? and no Rina and Touya screentime =(
Apr 1, 2009 10:34 PM

Dec 2007
Well, the story starts out very nicely as I expected, but as each episode goes, harem sometimes is there, no matter what, even worse, Touya is stupid enough to see Yuki, Rina, Haruka, Mana, and Misaki’s feeling toward to him and won’t let the problems go, and he doesn’t know what he does with it because he fails to figure out with their emotion immediately, obviously. Overall, White Album is decent, yet I will watch the second season in Fall 2009. I hope that second season keeps me interested more if the story is written well and the director keeps with it; otherwise, the rating would not more than seven or more because of the first season. While my complaint is characters only, I don’t have any comments on this one. I expected the ending on that series is not good, but still, its decent end, not real end instead.
Apr 2, 2009 4:28 AM

Oct 2007
The last episode was easily the best of the whole season. Finally some music and singing with the concert in the start and some great lol moments with Mana afterwards.

Overall this gets a 7/10 for being only remotely interesting and only a few really likeable characters. Animation was top notch tho, I have to admit. Also, I'm still a little curious as to how the second season will be.

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Apr 2, 2009 6:45 PM

Dec 2007
I won't have the patience to wait till next winter...
Apr 3, 2009 1:52 PM

Nov 2007
About halfway through the ep, I was wondering how they'd wrap it up in so little time. Meh. Pity, since this episode was about the only one that made me wonder what's going to happen next. But the animation quality was terrible lately.
Touya is a jerk and should get dumped by Yuki. He can get together with Yayoi-san if he wants.
Apr 3, 2009 6:27 PM

Nov 2007
Misaki and Akira ran out of gas ... hmm, symbolism there?

I'm not sure if I want to continue with the second season or not -- there were many moments where I screamed at the characters, but there were also some very (unintentionally?) amusing bits as well.

To be honest, I don't really want to see anyone stuck with Touya in the end, though.

[avatar from Tales of the Abyss]
Apr 4, 2009 5:13 AM

Jan 2008
Oh god, I face palmed so many times through out the series that I lost count.
TBH I really thought this show was actually pretty good when I first started watching it, but somewhere halfway, it just got bad to worse.
Apr 4, 2009 5:43 AM

May 2008
Senna said:

Yeah, it ended even before it started.
They ran out of gas even before they reached where they were going.
Apr 5, 2009 1:21 AM

Mar 2009
misaki never liked Akira in the first place

Apr 5, 2009 1:27 AM

Aug 2008
canephalanx said:
Senna said:

I guess we can wait and see the outcome on season two. However, my hunch is that those two won't make it.

Apr 5, 2009 1:32 AM

Mar 2009
yatsushiro said:
canephalanx said:
Senna said:

I guess we can wait and see the outcome on season two. However, my hunch is that those two won't make it.

well that is obvious

Apr 5, 2009 1:14 PM

Oct 2008
White Album: The beginning has ended...

Nonetheless, the anime comes to an end... It will continue this winter, December 2009 maybe? I wonder what will become of Touya and Yuki... What about Ogata Rina and Mizuki Mana? Hmmm.... A very interesting anime, yet I have to wait another 6 months.
Apr 7, 2009 11:07 PM

Jan 2008
Interesting animu, I love the direction factor and well, some characters. At begining, boring, but at the end, interesting. I'll wait for the next season :D.
Apr 8, 2009 12:24 AM

Jan 2009
Kira01 said:
White Album: The beginning has ended...

Nonetheless, the anime comes to an end... It will continue this winter, December 2009 maybe? I wonder what will become of Touya and Yuki... What about Ogata Rina and Mizuki Mana? Hmmm.... A very interesting anime, yet I have to wait another 6 months.

One question----------->How do you know about Shinozuka and who she works for?
I thought it was Eiji who she worked for?
Apr 8, 2009 2:12 AM

Jul 2007
Not a bad ending. I think I'll give the second season a try when it airs.
Apr 9, 2009 7:54 AM

Jun 2007
Despite some flaws and annoyances, I actually enjoyed this series. My favourite thing about it in particular was how it highlighted the pathetic frailties of human nature. All of the characters had their own personal motivations that clashed with those of others, creating some interesting dilemmas.

I do not claim to be a master of human behaviour, but (with a few exceptions) most of the characters behaved in a fairly realistic manner. This may not be apparent at first, which creates a lot of 'What the hell?' moments, but when you actually look at the characters motivations and aims and how they compare to those of the others, you start to see things a little more clearly. Most of the time.There were still some rather ridiculous spouts of behaviour, but then again, humanity isn't known for being the paradigm of order and structure.

This would probably be a six, but for some reason I really liked the art style, so I think I will (albeit generously) push this up to a seven. I am interested in the next season, although I'm not exactly dying to see it. I can wait.
Your search on "Oran Solus" returned the following quotes:
"Oran Solus? I know him. What a wanker. He still owes me a tenner." Oscar Wilde
"Oran, you're so intelligent and awesome <3" Bakayaro
"Oran's sexy." LolitaDecay
"Oran is a sophisticated penguin." Drybananna
"Oran is a Hand-Eye you faggots." EddieSpaghetti
"Oran for Prime Minister." the_prime_one
"Oran is all that is stated in his sig and more." orbitzz

Apr 22, 2009 7:19 AM

Aug 2008
I guess it ended alright.. A lot of stuff going on in the end. I always feel bad for Yuki when she calls Touya and there never is an answer.
Also got confused with the speach after Yuki's concert @.@ The god of Music?
Anyway, I guess I'll be checking out the second series in the Fall as well.
Apr 30, 2009 2:49 PM

Dec 2008
Definitely not my favorite, not a big fan of harems. But I like it enough to check out the second season when it's finished airing. Hoping Touya does better at being loyal to Yuki.

Overall I give this anime a 6.

May 6, 2009 8:02 AM
Jun 2008
noteDhero said:
It started out interesting, and then betrayed everything that it was setting itself up to be, leaving it as a generic harem with bad characters.

Bad characters, I have to agree they are if you're meaning that they're bad people. Good characters, however, I have found them to be. Except Touya--his crying and cowardice was rather irksome and sometimes not keeping in tune with the character he presented himself as in the beginning.

White Album is a generic harem anime, but what makes it unlike any others you see before is the pace, plotting and characterisation. It actually is a lot more mature emotionally than other harem anime. I've seen... many harem. Many. It is not my favourite genre and I loathe it especially when you have some vapid characters and random ecchi.

However, I happen to believe White Album takes those bones and puts some meat on it. Take the personalities of the girls. It's rather difficult to figure out who is up to what, and if their intentions are good or bad. It's all rather convoluted trying to figure some of them out, and that's where their characterisations shine; being difficult to understand--now isn't that one of the most basic human traits?

It's so hard to differentiate who is wrong and who is more wrong in anime. I don't think anyone is particularly guiltless in this affair.

All in all, atmospheric harem that actually manages to be a lot heavier than others. Downsides: Touya is a loser jerk.
May 26, 2009 7:12 PM
Dec 2008
This anime is actually pretty good. Till the end the plot still remains deep and there is so much potential for the anime to develop into a fantastic one.

While Touya crying might seem like he's a wimp to many, I actually feel rather deeply for him. He loves Yuki so much but controls himself for the sake of her singing career, and in the end, he broke down because he probably couldn't take it anymore, the feeling of loving someone but not allowed to do so. Not to forget the pressure constantly put on him by Eiji and Yayoi. The fact that he became unfaithful to Yuki is a very realistic outcome that might happen for a guy with an emerging idol girlfriend, and probably it's the author's intent to depict the commom errors humans make when it comes to relationship matters.

I'm really looking forward to more developments of all the characters in the 2nd season. 8/10.
qseftMay 26, 2009 7:18 PM
Jun 21, 2009 8:40 AM

Jul 2008
wasnt that bad at all/ i was expecting something totally terrible but i have to say i am pretty surprised. was a really slow pace, had some deep meaning and was at least for me somtimes a bit hard to understand.
too bad that rina didnt play that much of a big role, ofc she supported touya and all but i expected something between her and yui instead of the manager.
and the end was shouting after a 2nd season good that its already annouced.
so after all a some kind realistic and pretty nice paced anime. 8/10 for me

Jul 14, 2009 6:09 PM

Feb 2008
One of the most boring anime's I've ever endured.
Aug 20, 2009 4:45 PM
Jan 2009
The second season preview message said we had to wait until fall back when the first season ended in late March. Four months later, I am pissed as I am still waiting 1-3 months.
Sep 28, 2009 11:53 PM

Jul 2009
tehnominator said:
noteDhero said:
It started out interesting, and then betrayed everything that it was setting itself up to be, leaving it as a generic harem with bad characters.

Bad characters, I have to agree they are if you're meaning that they're bad people. Good characters, however, I have found them to be. Except Touya--his crying and cowardice was rather irksome and sometimes not keeping in tune with the character he presented himself as in the beginning.

White Album is a generic harem anime, but what makes it unlike any others you see before is the pace, plotting and characterisation. It actually is a lot more mature emotionally than other harem anime. I've seen... many harem. Many. It is not my favourite genre and I loathe it especially when you have some vapid characters and random ecchi.

However, I happen to believe White Album takes those bones and puts some meat on it. Take the personalities of the girls. It's rather difficult to figure out who is up to what, and if their intentions are good or bad. It's all rather convoluted trying to figure some of them out, and that's where their characterisations shine; being difficult to understand--now isn't that one of the most basic human traits?

It's so hard to differentiate who is wrong and who is more wrong in anime. I don't think anyone is particularly guiltless in this affair.

All in all, atmospheric harem that actually manages to be a lot heavier than others. Downsides: Touya is a loser jerk.
completely agreed in every point! its actually quite an interesting harem show with the one big, huge downside: Touya the Loser Jerk.
Sep 30, 2009 4:46 AM

Apr 2009
What a cliffhanger?!! hahah,,

I get bored at some episodes,,But the art was fantastic..

overall..I gave it

8/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 6, 2009 11:43 PM
Dec 2008
mmmmmmmmmmmmmm suspense
Oct 7, 2009 3:59 AM

Jan 2009
Hinata020 said:
One of the most boring anime's I've ever endured.
this and not to mention the last episode was just blehhhh, the whole series had no impact on me im surprised i actually finished, i cant wait to finish second season and i hope it ends so i can ditch the series altogether. I have a principle to finish any series i start and frankly im regretting starting this series.
Needs more Drill Hair.
Oct 7, 2009 1:46 PM

Jan 2009
Well it wasn't that bad at all, I'll addmit I did enjoy'd it and a lot, specially the firsts 1-3 episodes, White Album had a lot of potential to become a good drama without all that much fucking betrayal and unloyalty, perhaps all this will change in the second season since it looks like Touya finally has his mind set up in Yuki, but then again, this last scene of Yuki calling him was quite odd, now the uneasyness comes to her mind, probably because she thinks hes being unfaitful to her.

8/10 for me.
I hope he wont be such a fucking douchebag as he was in this first season.

RANDOM: For a second I thought Touya was going to rape Mana in front of his house.

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Oct 10, 2009 3:47 AM

Oct 2009
Great end! Music is great, art is great and confusion is high.

In spoiler my anime list for now.
Jan 25, 2010 7:50 PM
Aug 2009
I had to listen to some Slayer and then some Rage Against the Machines after Yuki's song. Raining Blood FTW!
Jun 22, 2010 9:52 AM

Oct 2008
I really enjoyed this series with the complications of Touya. I think is not so easy to being in his shoes with a girlfriend that is busy all day and all that womens walking around him. For moments the show was confusing but even so it captured my interest and I really liked the ending. I go forward for next season.

7/10
Jul 6, 2010 12:09 PM

Apr 2010
This anime had its rare, few good moments.

Other than that is was just meh. All of the characters were pathetic. Especially Touya.. after all the sleeping around I wouldn't have been surprised if he had made a move on Mana, too.

6/10 barely
Nov 23, 2010 4:41 PM

Apr 2009
Wow. Definitely not 'School Days' as I expected it to be, my bad. Moving on to the next season to torture myself emotionally. T_T
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Apr 2, 2011 10:35 PM

Sep 2010
what amazing storytelling that is complex for many to appreciate...but truly worth investing in another rewatching of the season. easily 10/10 for me
Jul 12, 2011 2:59 AM
Feb 2009
waw so many people came to see him lol
Feb 6, 2012 10:45 AM
Dec 2010
haha answer machine !! finally Touya will not feel so lonely huh ? He was/is really messed up, mentally i would say. But is he trying to get himself right now? really ? I already seen him in School Days ending ... guess nones's gonna walk with his head in bag this time ... not sure if I'm relieved or disappointed lol
Sent with Mal Updater
greenmartyFeb 6, 2012 10:49 AM
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Feb 26, 2012 8:20 AM

Dec 2007
Just when Touya finally got his act together all this crap happens. =_=
Apr 14, 2012 8:51 PM

Jan 2012
holy shit at all the hate for this show....

it's basically a harem with serious atmosphere without the shitty comedy gags like 99% of harem anime out there.

Sure the male lead is fucking pathetic, but all other characters were fine to me.

And do you guys know how devastating it is for a female idol to have a boyfriend and be seen in public in Japan? She would lose almost all of her fans while her popularity becomes a joke.

Seriously, some of you guys are just not old enough or inexperience to appreciate this kind of anime...

Just go watch your shitty harem comedy clones over and over and don't waste time on this fine piece of work.

And holy fuck, I'm baffled that some of you people, especially females, cannot follow this show's plot at all. If your mind cannot comprehend the story development or are confused by it, then you should stick to shitty harem comedy as I've said before.
Aug 15, 2012 1:51 AM

Sep 2011
Pretty good episode actually. This series got saved by the cute tsundere loli moments! Mana<3

Pretty good cliffhanger as well. Might actually check out the next season, perhaps.

5/10 -> 6/10 (being extremely generous) regardless of the extremely stupid male lead.
Sep 10, 2012 7:55 PM

Nov 2011
Bam and that's season 1 with a cliffhanger.

Now to watch S2.
Dec 21, 2012 1:54 PM

Dec 2007
It was a slow start. I'll give them a 8/10. It could've been lower, but I normally don't watch a lot of drama shows. It's not a Clannad or Kanon though. I guess it's different in a good way. Not too much action in the school setting. It took them a while to get to the storylines. I know Touya's dad collapsed 3 or 4 episodes ago. The cliffhanger was kind of expected because there's a second season.
Mar 10, 2013 3:18 AM

Feb 2012
I found the show interesting and alluring. I was able to watch this in one day. The main male character was a bit lousy, but the other characters did compensate for his lacking or poor qualities. Okay, time for the second season.
You can just be yourself. Do things your own way, one step at a time. You'll get there. Just be yourself, you'll be fine."
~Fruit Basket
Jul 18, 2013 10:19 PM

May 2011
Decent episode. The concerts actually looked kind of nice.

Will watch the sequel.

6/10
Oct 21, 2013 12:33 PM

Apr 2009
Wow this was quite the ride. But the way the characters interact with each other is so different from "the usual stuff" in anime which makes this series strangely fascinating.

Also this anime sure made a statement that a harem in real life can be quite nerve-wracking for all participants..
Jan 7, 2014 2:46 AM

Apr 2012
score for season 1 ... will have to wait until i finish season 2
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Jan 26, 2014 8:03 AM

Oct 2012
I want to see Touya x Mana. :(

Don't misunderstand, I like Yuki, but I find Touya more suited to be with Mana.
「友達なんていない。人はすぐに裏切るし、学校っていうのは誰かを標的にしないとやってられない馬鹿共の集 まり。ままごとみたいな役決めて、仲のいいふりして都合が悪くなったら知らんぷり。そんな奴らと仲良くした いとか全然思わない。」
Apr 12, 2014 12:58 PM

May 2012
What a huge cliffhanger ending, wants me to directly watch the second season so with no further ado let's find out what the next season will offer us!

Up until now the series was rather depressive and developing quite weird but other than that it wasn't all that bad!

Overall not bad but could be better in many ways. 5/10
RafaelDeJonghApr 12, 2014 1:27 PM
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » White Album Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AkariChan - Jan 20, 2009

70 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 17, 11:07 PM

Poll: » White Album Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

sniW - Jan 10, 2009

80 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 17, 12:37 PM

Poll: » White Album Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

sniW - Jan 3, 2009

109 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 17, 12:32 PM

Poll: » White Album Episode 8 Discussion

patient_senses - Mar 31, 2009

22 by Daninokuni »»
Sep 12, 2023 1:35 AM

Poll: » White Album Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Sonja - Feb 8, 2009

57 by Daninokuni »»
Sep 5, 2023 1:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.