Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 29, 2014 2:23 AM

Oct 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Diamante has the flutter flutter fruit....Still no actually face, please show use your face Sabo (hiding a scar underneath those sunglasses?!?!)

haha Doffy things aren't going your way after all

poor solider-san i hope back up come soon
lol @ the fact that Lao G needed his glasses but still beat the bug

did Violet call that monster Peeker? does she know it? error on the translators fault i guess its Pica...with that form i wonder what df he has?
247EyesJan 29, 2014 2:59 AM
Jan 29, 2014 2:47 AM

May 2013
damn.. i wanna see the fight in the colloseum..
Jan 29, 2014 2:47 AM

May 2012
Time to play the waiting game I guess. Hopefully next chapter shows the fight.
One Piece fights are always full of interruptions though so I wonder. . .
Jan 29, 2014 2:51 AM

Nov 2011
Why is oda skipping fights like crazy in this arc?
Don't skip any more of the coliseum final please oda. Generally the coliseum is probably gonna be one of the best in this entire arc if not the entire series if it's not skipped -.-
I still have faith Oda will return with the good but yeah.

I still also don't expect to see Sabo face for another 14 chapters. I'll make a prediction right now that we'll see Sabo face in chapter 750.
Jan 29, 2014 2:53 AM

Jul 2013
OMg ahaha dat mad face made my day
Jan 29, 2014 3:04 AM

Aug 2011
DD you should learn that being overconfident backfires everytime...
Luffy can't wait any longer so he goes straith for gate, btw how many chapters it was that we saw him without beard? Lao G putting his glasses on was hialrious :D
Jan 29, 2014 3:05 AM

Oct 2009
I guess Kin'emon split up from Luffy's group to look for Kanjuro
247EyesJan 29, 2014 3:09 AM
Jan 29, 2014 3:06 AM

Jun 2010
Dofla is maaad
Jan 29, 2014 3:09 AM

Jan 2009
still no sabo's face :(
but..is that thing under his left eye a scar?
Jan 29, 2014 3:11 AM

Nov 2011
What's with Lao G's outfit? Lmao

Pica got bigger eh? Or is that his real body size?
So many fights going on..
One Piece = Devil Tree XD
Jan 29, 2014 3:39 AM

Jul 2013
U mad Doflamingo?

I believe that Zoro will deal with Peeker and Luffy will move on to Doflamingo. Let's see what happens...
Jan 29, 2014 3:43 AM

Aug 2013
Hope Sabo is insanely strong, defeats all of them then joins Luffy's crew!
[/quote]
Jan 29, 2014 4:08 AM

Jun 2011
AnimationQueen said:
I guess Kin'emon split up from Luffy's group to look for Kanjuro

Probably, I noticed he's missing when the fodder names the intruders.

The last round looks pretty easy, getting the mera mera fruit from the fighting fish, it somewhat gives chance to Rebecca since she's the speed type, I really hope not though.. Diamante's DF looks pretty awesome, in other word, he could shape shift?

DD's mad/confused face is priceless XD Pika looks pretty imba at the end, with that golem, his DF power? I'd like to see a Zoro Luffy combi taking him down instead of Zoro soloing and Luffy moving ahead. What's Fujitora going to do now, he said that he was going after Luffy and the others first, right?

Lao G, man dat outfit.. lol.. He puts on his glasses and smack dat beetle lol XD I wonder if it'll be Robin and Usopp that comes to the toy soldier's rescue.

Oh ya, there seem to be a scar under the sunglasses of Lucy's.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jan 29, 2014 4:11 AM

Oct 2011
I want to see Sabo's face already -.-

I think I'll explode if that happened.
Jan 29, 2014 4:14 AM

Apr 2013
wtf is with diamante's gay ass devil fruit power?

come on oda your better then this
Jan 29, 2014 4:21 AM

Jul 2013
4/5

Good:
-Diamante's DF is pretty neat, nice idea Oda
-An awesome stone golem
-Dofla getting angry is entertaining
-I like seeing Violet helping the Straw Hats
-Brotolomeo abusing the crowd is always nice

Bad:
-Luffy gets on my nerves when he doesn't follow the plan (It's Luffy, I know, it's that stupid side of him that we all love)
-The colosseum fight is probably going to be off-screened

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
astrozombie84 said:
wtf is with diamante's gay ass devil fruit power?

come on oda your better then this
It's a shitload better than Jora's devil fruit. "shudders"
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 29, 2014 4:32 AM

Mar 2013
Im still wondering if diamante is apart of the long leg tribe, he is freakishly tall but his legs dont look as unusual as tomago and blue gilly either way cant wait to see what he can do with his power, and Dat Pica he is freaking huge im assuming that also has something to do with his devil fruit cause when we initially saw him he wasnt so gargantuan, all around a pretty nice chapter to set things up
Jan 29, 2014 4:51 AM

Aug 2012
Pica has the stone stone fruit (logia type) I think, and it's pretty neat. I was actually thinking about fruits like stone/wood as logias since iron and diamond are paramecia (Daz Bones and Jozu), nice to have one of them revealed. Anyway, okay chapter, but it would be great if Oda would about now split the action and do 1 at a chapter, like the next time show us only the fight in the coloseum, the second Pika's fight, then Soldier-san/Franky/Factory squad + Cavendish, etc.... Sanji and the crew isn't so important right now since he can always show what happened to them in a flashback.

Well, aside from Pika looking awesome, Diamante didn't put me as the awesome/bad ass dude as I was expecting, but np moar informationz is good. Aside from that, Luffy being Luffy, interested in seeing Soldier-sans combat face Lao G (and defeating him, possibly), aaaand. that's about it from this chapter. Dofla's face was I don't know...mixed feelings, I have the feeling he got fooled all too easy, but we'll see. (it's always nice to see him NOT smilling tho)
This world is mine. I think this world may even just be a long, long dream I'm watching. You guys may just be illusions, and it can't be proven whether or not you really exist either. In other words, this world was created with me at the center. So what will happen if I die? I don't know. My imagination isn't very creative; I just can't imagine myself dying. In other words, there is no way this world can completely disappear. But if I die, then everyone will disappear. I am the only one in this world who won't disappear. The rest are just people I see as if in a dream.

-Claire Stanfield, Baccano!
Jan 29, 2014 4:54 AM
Oct 2009
What the fuck is going on?
Two chapters in a row, and a third on the way without a break?

Someone has to go and tell Oda he has made a mistake somewhere, and got his schedule mixed up.
Jan 29, 2014 4:56 AM

Oct 2013
He he, Dofy is mad :D That's Luffy for you
So no Sabo face again, but we can see a scar on the left side
Jan 29, 2014 5:00 AM

Aug 2012
kamigawa said:
What the fuck is going on?
Two chapters in a row, and a third on the way without a break?

Someone has to go and tell Oda he has made a mistake somewhere, and got his schedule mixed up.

he had vacation for New Year, knowing him he probably made 3 chapters then lol :3
This world is mine. I think this world may even just be a long, long dream I'm watching. You guys may just be illusions, and it can't be proven whether or not you really exist either. In other words, this world was created with me at the center. So what will happen if I die? I don't know. My imagination isn't very creative; I just can't imagine myself dying. In other words, there is no way this world can completely disappear. But if I die, then everyone will disappear. I am the only one in this world who won't disappear. The rest are just people I see as if in a dream.

Jan 29, 2014 5:13 AM
Oct 2009
Still this is infuriating.

I DEMAND my regular break every 30 pages of One Piece. Oda should get his shit together. His readers won't tolerate such shenanigans any further. It' UNCONCEIVABLE that a pro mangaka resorts to such low level tricks as actually writing more than 2 chapters without a break.

I smell a full fledged mangakas strike, next week, when they'll see such a vile move on his part. Hmph.
Jan 29, 2014 5:32 AM

Jan 2014
Wow this week's chapter is fast! Kudos for the quick release.

And... WHAT?! No Franky and Senor Pink? NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! I wanted to see them fight and laugh my ass off while doing so.

Anyway, since the discussion has gotten a bit long on my part, I'll split it into a few sections

1. The Grand Tournament for the Mera Mera Fruit

As for the tournament. I'm curious to see who will actually win the final, though I think it's possible somewhere along the lines the fight will most likely be interrupted before it finishes and the mera mera fruit will be acquired another way. If the fight actually draws out, it will be quite interesting.

Blackbeard's Jesus Burgeuss is no joke, especially now that we know Blackbeard's a Yonkou. And Blackbeard and his crew are really overpowered. Bartholomew's pretty OP'ed as well right now and plus he's pretty popular with the fanbase (not the tournament audience, the One Piece fanbase XD). But I am personally cheering for Sabo the most. I can't wait to see Sabo's abilities and what he's learned. Also, I WANT TO SEE HIS FACE after all those years. He deserves to win the fruit the most because of the history he shares with Luffy and Ace.

As for Rebecca... I'm sort of conflicted about her. I've always cheered for female characters and I definitely love it when manga makes them strong. That's why I personally love the manga Claymore, Freezing, Akame Ga Kill!, etc and Erza from Fairy Tail so much.

But Rebecca, as much as I want to cheer for her, though she's not what you can call "weak", she's not really what you call "strong" either. She's analogous to Vivi from the Alabasta arc - she's one of the "stronger", but nowhere near the "strongest". She's mostly relied on speed, cunning, skill and lots and lots of luck, waiting out the enemy rather than attacking them head on. But now these other 3 plus Diamante are the real deal. And with Sabo and the others having a true reason to fight for the mera mera fruit, I can't really imagine her getting the fruit through sheer strength or even for plot purposes.

Well, enough with the rant. All I can say is... Poor Fighting Fish. He's going to be ganged up on by those 5 and will definitely be beaten to pulp. Oda and his animal cruelty XD.

2. SH vs. Doflamingo Pirates

Anyway, moving on to the fight against the Doflamingo pirates: Who do you think will fight and win against Lao G? lol moment when he put on his glasses to have a better look at the little dude. I personally am cheering for Toy-Soldier san, though knowing Oda, a Straw hat member will most likely come to the rescue. Luffy and Zoro are already fighting Peeker (Pica, Pika? Whatever the correct translation is), and plus Zoro pretty much only fights swordsmen. I think it'll most likely be Usopp or Robin or both.

I also call that Luffy will pretty much one-hit KO Peeker with a Gear 3rd (Haki) punch (Pica, Pika... I'll stick with Pica for now until the translation's settled for the correct one. Yes, he's that overpowered right now, unless Pica has an ability that can troll Luffy for a while like when Blueno used his door powers.

Doffy's pissed XD But that's what happens when you underestimate Luffy. I am looking forward to the SH vs. Doflamingo's executives - I can't believe it took me this long to recognize it, but I just realized that Doffy's entire crew is based on a deck of cards, with Doffy being the "Joker", and his top executives being "clubs", "spades", "diamonds", and with Trafalgar Law being the "Heart". And that's why Doflamingo chained him to the throne because he wanted to have a full "hand" to deal. Yes, I know it's obvious, which is why I'm surprised I didn't see it from before.

And yes, Kinemon's gone missing, presumably off on his own to look for his friend. Wonder what kind of hilarity stuff will ensue.

3. Other stuff

Well, there's much to look forward to, and we still haven't heard from the other half of the crew facing off against Big Mom's crew. And finally, do you think Trafalgar Law might be a "prince" of the fallen Riku Kingdom and that's why he has that personal grudge against Doflamingo? He might be Violet or Rebecca's brother.
DocNJan 29, 2014 5:40 AM
Jan 29, 2014 5:58 AM
Dec 2013
The toy soldier is really sturdy for a toy soldier...

Oda is pissing me off by not showing Sabo but oh well.

He's not gonna skip the Colosseum fight, he's just gonna show the good parts.
Jan 29, 2014 6:19 AM

Apr 2009
We probably won't see Sabo's face till the tournament ends
DocN said:
And with Sabo and the others having a true reason to fight for the mera mera fruit, I can't really imagine her getting the fruit through sheer strength or even for plot purposes.
Bart and Sabo's reasons are to give it Luffy, and Luffy just wants to make sure some jerk doesn't get it. Rebecca wants it so she can take revenge on the man who destroyed her family
Jan 29, 2014 6:42 AM

Feb 2013
Nice chapter! Didn't realized it was two chapters long until I read the comments X3
And somehow Lao G's arrows reminds me of Aang the avatar lol
Jan 29, 2014 6:45 AM

Jan 2014
Belgian_Waffles said:
Bart and Sabo's reasons are to give it Luffy, and Luffy just wants to make sure some jerk doesn't get it. Rebecca wants it so she can take revenge on the man who destroyed her family

Wow, kudos and thanks for reading through that XD

Oh, I didn't mean that Rebecca doesn't have a reason to fight for the mera mera fruit. lol I just think for plot purposes, there are so many other people who are better suited to get it in the end for possible plot options. And plus with Luffy and gang already here, most likely Doflamingo will be defeated with or without her.

But I guess, it could be possible that Oda intends to have the others pretty much knock each other out and Rebecca just survives through the whole thing and takes it in the end, fights Doffy, fails, and then have the SH come to the rescue.
Jan 29, 2014 6:59 AM
Sep 2013
Come on Viola :O ...the best plan is no plan ;p ...and our Luffy knows this :D .
Poor Doflamingo...
Diamante a Red-Indian I guess? Flutter flutter fruit? Does that mean he can pick up a mountain in light fluttery mode and throw it down on opponents as a mountain :'O ? The steel cape was fluttery!! Diamante doesn't need to have that much power to do powerful things!!
Jan 29, 2014 7:07 AM
Sep 2013
DocN said:
Belgian_Waffles said:

Wow, kudos and thanks for reading through that XD

Oh, I didn't mean that Rebecca doesn't have a reason to fight for the mera mera fruit. lol I just think for plot purposes, there are so many other people who are better suited to get it in the end for possible plot options. And plus with Luffy and gang already here, most likely Doflamingo will be defeated with or without her.

But I guess, it could be possible that Oda intends to have the others pretty much knock each other out and Rebecca just survives through the whole thing and takes it in the end, fights Doffy, fails, and then have the SH come to the rescue.

Oda simply does what he does best :D . It doesn't matter whether we think Lucy as Sabo or not. He will reveal him at his own time anyway :D . The same goes for Rebecca too. If Oda thinks she is worthy enough to get the Mera Mera, we have to accept that too :D .
Jan 29, 2014 7:16 AM
Jan 2014
Belgian_Waffles said:
We probably won't see Sabo's face till the tournament ends
DocN said:
And with Sabo and the others having a true reason to fight for the mera mera fruit, I can't really imagine her getting the fruit through sheer strength or even for plot purposes.

Nah, orginally Luffy wanted the Mera Mera for one of his crewmates (since he couldnt eat it), but now that he knows sabo is here then he wants sabo to have it. Bart want's what ever luffy wants, which means Bart wants to give Sabo the mera mera as well.
Jan 29, 2014 7:21 AM

Mar 2013
Lol, watch Sabo off screen everybody
Jan 29, 2014 7:27 AM
Jul 2013
Pica's luck is really bad for running into Luffy And Zorro together, So i guess we can say one guy down.

Can't wait for Sabo to fuck shit up!!!
Jan 29, 2014 7:39 AM
Sep 2012
Diamante is a beast, OMG he will be tough to beat, but I still think Sado will win if there is a conclusion. I am glad those sore losers were taking care of like the trash they are. And crowd supporting, disgraseful.

As soon as they said we better not bump into Pica, we know what was coming. That is the ultiamte jinx, oh well warm up for Luffy, or probably Zoro will take fight him, while Luffy and Violet advance.

Good chapter, I love that Donflamingo is puzzled, what will he do now?
Jan 29, 2014 7:46 AM

Aug 2012
DocN said:

3. Other stuff

Well, there's much to look forward to, and we still haven't heard from the other half of the crew facing off against Big Mom's crew. And finally, do you think Trafalgar Law might be a "prince" of the fallen Riku Kingdom and that's why he has that personal grudge against Doflamingo? He might be Violet or Rebecca's brother.

It's an interesting theory, but it was indicated that Law comes from North Blue (as the whole Dofla crew, aswell as the people who went under him later, example bellamy's crew), and also Law wouldn't know Vergo then because he said he knew about him only because he was still in the crew when Law was also, when Dofla comes and takes Riku Kingdom Vergo is already in the marines

Jan 29, 2014 7:54 AM

Jan 2014
Burgerboner69 said:
Nah, orginally Luffy wanted the Mera Mera for one of his crewmates (since he couldnt eat it), but now that he knows sabo is here then he wants sabo to have it. Bart want's what ever luffy wants, which means Bart wants to give Sabo the mera mera as well.

That's true. I don't think Luffy would really care who eats it as long as it's not in the wrong hands - he'd rather die than to hand it over to Blackbeard. But since he's good friends with Rebecca, he won't be against letting her eat it. After all he asked Franky if he wanted to eat it. XD

DocN said:
kiDnameDSkia said:
It's an interesting theory, but it was indicated that Law comes from North Blue (as the whole Dofla crew, aswell as the people who went under him later, example bellamy's crew), and also Law wouldn't know Vergo then because he said he knew about him only because he was still in the crew when Law was also, when Dofla comes and takes Riku Kingdom Vergo is already in the marines

That's true. It was a hunch of mine, and nothing more. A Dark Surgeon Prince be pretty cool though. :P
Jan 29, 2014 7:57 AM

Aug 2012
I think the fact that anyone can just take the mera no mi from the right fighting fish, and after taking it eat it, is pretty much a good indicator for Rebbeca to win the whole thing, but we'll see

Jan 29, 2014 8:56 AM

Jun 2012
FFFFUUUU... man it ended way too quickly, I need One Piece chapter 737 ASAP dammit.

Such a troll chapter... especially with Sabo's face lol. It finally shows the face and low and behold: sunglasses. >> Of course, it probably makes sense as they wouldn't want anyone else noticing. Sabo + Rebecca look so small out in that arena.

The Donquixote Pirates have a little bit of a recurring pattern going on of surprisingly having weird legs.

And leave it to Luffy to completely ruin their plans lol... I kinda missed seeing Luffy doing that. Not that he ever really stopped, but this is just one of those times where he completely ruined everything. xD

Regarding people's issues with how the fights are going, I personally think that's one of One Piece's many perks... showing all the fights simultaneously, as it should be since they really are all happening at once. It's chaotic because there is actual chaos ensuing all around them here. I mean there's like 20 different big groups of power in this one arc, it should be pretty damned chaotic. And besides, I think it would just be dragging it out for most people... of course I always love tons of extra details so dragging it out isn't a bad thing in my eyes.

kiDnameDSkia said:
Pica has the stone stone fruit (logia type) I think, and it's pretty neat. I was actually thinking about fruits like stone/wood as logias since iron and diamond are paramecia (Daz Bones and Jozu), nice to have one of them revealed.
I know it's just semantics, but I just wanted to point out that Daz doesn't turn into an element at all, he has the power to turn his body into blades (the Dice Dice fruit)... more so they're steel blades, not iron. Just saying that because I think it's still possible for someone to have a steel / iron fruit still.

Also, it's not confirmed that Jozu is Paramecia. Because, unlike Luffy he can transform into diamond at will. Though, I think for him it's more like a diamond armor than actually changing his body... in which case he'd definitely be a Paramecia.
Jan 29, 2014 9:19 AM
Dec 2013
AzurePisces said:
damn.. i wanna see the fight in the colloseum..

Yeah, let's focus on the final at the colloseum, it will be end by three next chapter, and we'll see sabo's fight, come on ODA
Jan 29, 2014 9:20 AM
Jul 2018
HalibelTheEspada said:

Regarding people's issues with how the fights are going, I personally think that's one of One Piece's many perks... showing all the fights simultaneously, as it should be since they really are all happening at once. It's chaotic because there is actual chaos ensuing all around them here. I mean there's like 20 different big groups of power in this one arc, it should be pretty damned chaotic. And besides, I think it would just be dragging it out for most people... of course I always love tons of extra details so dragging it out isn't a bad thing in my eyes.
Yeah nothing really new. Rereading it all at once makes it all flow together a lot better I found when rereading PH and the first 30 or so Dressrosa chapters.
Jan 29, 2014 9:44 AM

Sep 2013
kiDnameDSkia said:
I think the fact that anyone can just take the mera no mi from the right fighting fish, and after taking it eat it, is pretty much a good indicator for Rebbeca to win the whole thing, but we'll see

Yeah I was thinking the same thing since Rebecca specializes in speed she'll quickly take the fruit and eat it but if I my memory is correct a couple chapters back Rebecca tried to attack luffy and he dodged he and sat on top of her so Sabo and Jesus shouldn't be slower than her.

I just read the chapter again and realized Sabo has a scar on his left eye. Maybe he's blind in one eye.I read this in another forum, Oda gave us a hint about Diamante's fruit.

"Now we can understand why diamante is flattered so much as he ate the flag flag fruit and can turn anything into flattering substance .His nature gave a hint about his DF"

Doflamingo got Sabotaged
WyNdZJan 29, 2014 10:02 AM
Jan 29, 2014 10:13 AM

Jan 2013
iNeon said:
Don't skip any more of the coliseum final please oda. Generally the coliseum is probably gonna be one of the best in this entire arc if not the entire series if it's not skipped -.-

I still also don't expect to see Sabo face for another 14 chapters. I'll make a prediction right now that we'll see Sabo face in chapter 750.

Relax... you'll see it in the anime LOLZ.
REJECT ANIMU - EMBRACE TOKU
Jan 29, 2014 11:21 AM
Jan 2014
Really some good chapters in the last weeks. I'm keen on the fights too, but my main interest in OP is the whole Poneglyph, void century, World Govn., tenryuubito, Joy Boy, and so on storylines and I wonder about the connection between (most likely) Sabo and Dragon. Did Robin know about Sabo? I like all the twists and backstories, of course the fights are great too.

I don't think that it will be an all out showdown fight on Dressrosa with all the potential enemies shown. CP0, Fujitora and I'm not even sure whether Big Mum is on the ship. Even with all the help the Straw Hats get it's not enough for that much. Maybe one another fight will occure on Zou, but than it's enough, do you hear me Oda :)

I believe that this arc will show the first time the "real" power of all Straw Hats they gained after their training. It will be enough to withstand an Admiral or Yonko but not defeat him, at least Luffy, Zoro and (hopefully) Sanji. After the short fights with Vergo and Dofla I'm a bit worried about the last one. Both tough enemies, but I thought Oda would make Sanji a bit more powerful after the 2 year break, like close to Zoro's level.

All in all I'm thankfully he did not overpower the SH, cause that would make it a boring series in terms of fighting. If it's true that OP is about 2/3 finished, then I would not even wonder, if Oda would end it like the SH finding Raftel, something representing "One Piece" and reveal most of the mysteries until then, but not being Luffy the Pirate King (or at least himself declaring/believing that). Nooo, dying would be too easy. More like he will sail the Grand Line another time, another route and so on and on, cause this is the greatest Freedom of all *flies away* ... ehmm yeah. You know what I mean, open ending and stuff ;)
GaaraSama83Jan 29, 2014 11:27 AM
Jan 29, 2014 11:34 AM
Jan 2014
Blackbeard has 2 DF powers...why cant Luffy? In the battle where Ace dies the marine punched straight through Ace into Luffy, I think Luffy gained the ability to also have his brothers DF power, rubber and fire against earthquake and darkness. Sooner or later this fight is going to happen...very near One Piece methinks. I believe Luffy will eat his brothers DF and gain a second set of powers, sounds like something Luffy would just do without thinking about it, and Oda is building towards an epic battle at the end with Blackbeard. :)
Jan 29, 2014 11:51 AM

Jan 2014
dwaink said:
Blackbeard has 2 DF powers...why cant Luffy? In the battle where Ace dies the marine punched straight through Ace into Luffy, I think Luffy gained the ability to also have his brothers DF power, rubber and fire against earthquake and darkness. Sooner or later this fight is going to happen...very near One Piece methinks. I believe Luffy will eat his brothers DF and gain a second set of powers, sounds like something Luffy would just do without thinking about it, and Oda is building towards an epic battle at the end with Blackbeard. :)

That would be interesting if it could happen. :)

Unfortunately the manga already mentioned back in the Marineford arc that only Blackbeard could do that (absorb and use more than 1 devil fruit) because of his unique body structure and composition. Here's the chapter where Marco said that:

http://www.mangapanda.com/103-48079-14/one-piece/chapter-577.html
Jan 29, 2014 12:01 PM
Feb 2012
iNeon said:

Yes, what makes this arc so interesting is certainly all the fighting in the colosseum, for it has the potential "to be the best in the series". I feel sorry for you if all you can see in such a diverse and refreshingly colorful arc is the fighting; really, really sorry.

Me personally? I liked the chapter. The reason being Doffy's officers. Diamante is one hell of a guy and entertaining in its own way, but Lao G really took the cake. Such a fun old fella.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Jan 29, 2014 12:08 PM

Dec 2012
Classic Luffy going with a direct approach and smashing his way in.
Luffy, Zoro and Viola now have to take on Pica who looks like a beast before they can reach Doflamingo.
"I’ve set myself to become the King of the Pirates…and if I die trying…then at least I tried!" Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)

Jan 29, 2014 12:15 PM

Jun 2012
dwaink said:
Because Luffy doesn't have a Devil Fruit designed to absorb things like Blackbeard.

It was already stated a long time ago by Blueno that consuming two Devil Fruits would cause the person's body to destroy itself. I'm 99% certain that Blackbeard's "Yami Yami no Mi" is what allowed him to get a second ability... and judging by everyone's reactions when Blackbeard got another one it seems that's the case.

The only other explanation I could think of would be the inital "D", but I honestly doubt that's what the D stands for.

Edit: Though, like DocN said Marco did state that Blackbeard's body is different... perhaps that could add to the theory of the D. though. Personally I'm sticking with the reason being Blackbeard's Yami Yami no Mi.
HalibelTheEspadaJan 29, 2014 12:21 PM
Jan 29, 2014 12:54 PM

Jun 2012
Looks like Sabo has a scar on his left eye.
Jan 29, 2014 12:57 PM

Dec 2013
It seems pretty stupid of Pika to step in right there. He's obviously going to be extremely powerful but I'm almost positive he will not even be close to powerful enough to take on both Luffy and Zoro. What they should do is take him on at the same time and finish him off fast but this is probably where they will split up so Luffy can get to Doflamingo faster.

I am kind of hoping Luffy and Zoro don't split up yet. It'll be cool to just see those two tear apart the palace. We would probably see some pretty bad ass captain/first mate moments.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1114 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - May 1

35 by G_Spark233 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » You Favourite One Piece Opening?!

UnstableBrat - May 7

21 by kihel »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1104 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mei-o_Scarlett - Jan 15

74 by RoGkhenwaY »»
Yesterday, 6:07 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1100 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Mei-o_Scarlett - Nov 27, 2023

58 by Xpection »»
May 9, 1:27 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 403 Discussion

VARIAchan - Sep 28, 2010

11 by GoatPieceLuffy »»
May 7, 3:29 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.