Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 20, 2009 2:25 PM

Aug 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well, that was a slow episode, considering what all needs to happen. Ichiko strikes me as pretty conceited to think that Yumemi needed her that badly, and that she wouldn't be able to function without her. I thought that mirror stuff went on far too long considering Yumemi already had an epiphany moment in the last (or one before last) episode. It just feels like they keep hitting the same beats over and over again every couple of episodes.

Beyond that...I'm a little confused. What is Munto trying to do? He's just making light? And Yumemi has to turn it into a pillar?

And was it just me or did Ryuely look like a totally different person?
Mar 20, 2009 3:49 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
I'm sure we'll get a few answers in the next episode. Really liked this one again, can't get enough of the colors.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Mar 20, 2009 3:53 PM

Feb 2008
I'm a bit confused over some things. But it was a decent episode though.
Mar 20, 2009 9:59 PM

Feb 2008
you could tell they really dragged this one. that last conversation with the old men was really unnecessary. at least it looks like we will have a good finale. it has been a pretty good run so i look forward to the last episode.
Mar 21, 2009 12:51 AM

Jun 2007
noteDhero said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Beyond that...I'm a little confused. What is Munto trying to do? He's just making light? And Yumemi has to turn it into a pillar?

No, in the episode where Yumemi is brought to Munto's world he mentions that the pillar or light linking her world is only temporary and that Yumemi will have to use her power to stabilize it and link the worlds together for good. So essentially in this ep Munto was trying to prevent the light pillar from closing up before Yumemi showed up. Yumemi's job once she gets there is to turn the light into a physical pillar, like in the past, that will link the worlds together.

In the end the Humans are just tools to keep Munto's world alive. Human soul's create Akuto, Akuto is used for everything in Munto's world. If Munto's world dies the human world feels the destruction and humans die :/. It's a vicious circle that Munto's ancestors started when they crossed the time/space barrier to that world and fucked everything up.
Mar 21, 2009 12:56 AM
Oct 2007
kisami, I agree, that scene was unnecessary. It served for a good laugh however. It took the three girls forever to finally to jump off the cliff.

I think Munto was preventing darkness from encumbering and closing off the world while Yumemi went through her "trial" because her spirit can apparently destroy or save everyone. If she happens to lose herself, Munto was still there to keep the world from closing, until she regains herself or something.

Edit: Well, there goes Deathfire with a better explanation, lol. :D
Mar 21, 2009 7:03 AM

Jun 2007
After having started so week this show really improved
and this episode was just fabulous.

And that scream at the end... did they find out that there is gravitation in heaven too...? D:
Mar 21, 2009 9:30 AM

Aug 2008
Thanks DeathfireD. That's what it looked like, but I didn't look like a pillar of light in that episode. It looked more like a hole of light, so I was a little confused.

You also brought something else up that I forgot. The other mages commented on how Suzume and Ichiko were both overflowing with Akuto. If that's so, then the only thing really special about Yumemi was that she could see the sky, but somehow that also translated into releasing Akuto? I don't really see how Yumemi is all that special then, except for the sake of the story.
Mar 21, 2009 10:24 AM

Jul 2008
noteDhero said:
Thanks DeathfireD. That's what it looked like, but I didn't look like a pillar of light in that episode. It looked more like a hole of light, so I was a little confused.

You also brought something else up that I forgot. The other mages commented on how Suzume and Ichiko were both overflowing with Akuto. If that's so, then the only thing really special about Yumemi was that she could see the sky, but somehow that also translated into releasing Akuto? I don't really see how Yumemi is all that special then, except for the sake of the story.

At the same time they have been near Yumemi since childhood, her power may have give them more Akuto than an average human but she is the only one with that Akuto regenaration abiity
Mar 21, 2009 11:27 AM

Aug 2008
I'm looking forward to the last episode. The series itself is short. However, I get to enjoy all those pretty good animation sequences.

Story wise, it's just plain average. I guess the ending part will play a huge role in giving out my final score.

Mar 21, 2009 2:04 PM
Dec 2007
Hmmm wasn(t this episode a bit pointless, albeit really well directed and animated? I wonder what could happen in the last episode.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Mar 21, 2009 7:39 PM

Aug 2008
A lame and slow episode, and that's that.
The very last part was cute and made up for it a little bit though xD

I see they're making a movie... I can't help but feel like all of this ("Munto TV") was just to sell interest on the film...

To sum it up all: Animations=great, Story=...lest not mention it for now.

Mar 22, 2009 10:32 PM

Dec 2007
This episode may be slow, but I don't mind at all, and the animation is so colorful as always. Since Suzume and Ichiko joined Yumemi, I am not sure if the final episode has a good ending or not.
Mar 23, 2009 6:35 PM

Jun 2008
"hay guyz, lets chat and eat some fruit while Munto is over there working his ass off trying to keep the Heavens from falling apart"

wtf? you'd think they'd have a bit more urgency considering the situation

and lol at them failing to fly at the end, so saw that coming
Mar 27, 2009 9:02 PM
Sep 2008
I actually really like this anime even if it is a little wonky.

I could have done without the scene with the mirror being so needlessly long and I feel bad for their guy friend that got left behind, but whatever.

I want one of those yellow fruits. >_<
Apr 8, 2009 4:46 PM

Jul 2008
This episode felt a bit slow considering the fact that so much is really going on. Ichiko really got on my nerves. Yumemi was doing pretty good on her own until she saw how stupid Ichiko and Suzume were being by climbing on that ferris wheel. Yet Ichiko was just like "Yumemi must be miserable and nt functioning without me there to believe in her". Then, they climb on the ferris wheel and begin falling and are screaming and crap, but I'm just thinking 'why the heck did you climb on the ferris wheel if you weren't going to jump off?'

Then, towards the end, I started to feel like I was watching an old Disney cartoon, what with all the "as long as we are together we can do anything" and "fly? everyone has the ability to fly". But then again, the series did start off cheesy so why not end it that way?
Apr 18, 2010 4:54 PM

Jan 2010
I thought this episode was excellent. It was sad, but then a bit of random laughter was thrown into the episode.
Oh, and the three 'princesses' are soo pretty. Love them all(:
Jun 9, 2010 4:15 PM
Feb 2010
HoboFreedom said:
"hay guyz, lets chat and eat some fruit while Munto is over there working his ass off trying to keep the Heavens from falling apart"

wtf? you'd think they'd have a bit more urgency considering the situation

and lol at them failing to fly at the end, so saw that coming

lol, agreed. They sure were taking their time before going to find Munto.

Mar 13, 2011 6:16 AM

Apr 2009
Mathes said:
And that scream at the end... did they find out that there is gravitation in heaven too...? D:

I saw that coming a mile away but I still LOLed. It looks like that 'thing' which just sprouted wings all of the sudden will rescue them anyway. XD
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Aug 27, 2013 7:07 PM

Nov 2011
My thought of that last scene is:

"I wish I can fly, I wish I can touch the sky".
Aug 20, 2015 10:31 AM

Jun 2015
I believe i can fly
Ibelieve I can touch the sky
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sep 17, 2020 3:20 AM

Feb 2014
“we have to go!” *spends 10 minutes talking* :p
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 15, 2021 11:18 AM

Aug 2017
Ichiko simping for Yumemi is funny lol. Comedy aspect failed in this episode too -wasn't it that they were in a rush to save Munto and both worlds? Why was that scene necessary?
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sora wo Miageru Shoujo no Hitomi ni Utsuru Sekai Episode 3 Discussion

dbaranyi - Jan 28, 2009

48 by velvetnyan »»
Dec 30, 2023 6:18 PM

Poll: » Sora wo Miageru Shoujo no Hitomi ni Utsuru Sekai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Sonja - Mar 11, 2009

65 by Surface__ »»
Dec 28, 2021 3:25 AM

Poll: » Sora wo Miageru Shoujo no Hitomi ni Utsuru Sekai Episode 7 Discussion

Asrialys - Mar 10, 2009

31 by Surface__ »»
Dec 27, 2021 3:10 PM

Poll: » Sora wo Miageru Shoujo no Hitomi ni Utsuru Sekai Episode 6 Discussion

gameoffreak8 - Mar 11, 2009

7 by Nurguburu »»
Jan 14, 2021 2:33 PM

Poll: » Sora wo Miageru Shoujo no Hitomi ni Utsuru Sekai Episode 5 Discussion

removed-user - Feb 10, 2009

11 by Nurguburu »»
Jan 14, 2021 11:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.