Forum Settings
Forums

Did watching Anime influence you to change?

New
Jan 20, 2014 2:55 AM
Aug 2013
It did for me, I am more talkative and have a more better personality people say, I am noticing I am more in engaged in helping others and having a (Productive) Converstaion with them.

Well I wouldn't say It effected me a whole lot but it did change some bits of me.

What do u think of Anime being able to change you for the better.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jan 20, 2014 2:59 AM

Dec 2012
Yup, but I don't know about "change for the better". I've become talkative too. I laugh, cry, smile, etc much more than I did before manga & anime. But I've become a more picky person than I was before.
Jan 20, 2014 3:02 AM
Aug 2013
takgudae said:
Yup, but I don't know about "change for the better". I've become talkative too. I laugh, cry, smile, etc much more than I did before manga & anime. But I've become a more picky person than I was before.

A more picky person? what do u mean by that? As in Anime/manga related?

I meant by change for the better as in people will notice you more ( Whhat I think I was meant to say)
Jan 20, 2014 4:00 AM

Dec 2012
pokeguy123 said:
takgudae said:

A more picky person? what do u mean by that? As in Anime/manga related?

I meant by change for the better as in people will notice you more ( Whhat I think I was meant to say)

That really didn't make sense, did it....? Whoops. I tried my best lol. But hm...yeah. I was always choosing things harshly, but after getting into anime/manga, I've become more choosy in that area (anime/manga). And ooooh, okay. Offline? Hm, not so much. I don't really know anyone who enjoys anime so no one notices me there. I do that on purpose though. Until I know someone who does enjoy what I enjoy? Yeah.
Jan 20, 2014 4:12 AM

Aug 2013
It influenced me to change my pants more than twice a week. It even gave me a reason to live.
Jan 20, 2014 4:46 AM
Dec 2011
Kinda... people say that i can easily cheer up and easiy depressed... lol
Jan 20, 2014 5:02 AM

Jan 2013
Yes , it opened my eyes that the society we live in is shitty and it's hopeless . I better stay on my home than hanging out with "friends" (they dont even deserve to be called like that)
Jan 20, 2014 6:13 AM

Dec 2013
-Klad- said:
Yes , it opened my eyes that the society we live in is shitty and it's hopeless . I better stay on my home than hanging out with "friends" (they dont even deserve to be called like that)

No. The world is what you make it and trust me, it's not hopeless. The only way anime changed me is that I don't really watch TV anymore unless it's sports or South Park as I'd rather watch anime than most of the shows that are on TV right now.
Immahnoob said:
They say Jesus walked on water.
People are made out of 79% water.
I can walk on people.
So I am 79% Jesus.
Sourire said:
I once fucked an apple pie.
Jan 20, 2014 6:16 AM

Aug 2012
-Klad- said:
ROFL. Don't blame anime for your personality. Please.

Anime didn't change my life much. I am simply extremely determined at following my dream (becoming a judge). Thinking twice, I think that is actually a big change. Well...
Jan 20, 2014 6:34 AM

Jan 2013
lupadim said:
-Klad- said:
ROFL. Don't blame anime for your personality. Please.

Anime didn't change my life much. I am simply extremely determined at following my dream (becoming a judge). Thinking twice, I think that is actually a big change. Well...

Did you even read my post ?

Lmao this guy .
Jan 20, 2014 9:47 AM

Apr 2012
It made me wast my life. Altough its fun so I guess its ok?
Jan 20, 2014 9:54 AM
Jan 2014
This is such a great question for this website. I was top of my Freshman English course in college last semester due to my paper titled "I Believe That Anime is Inspirational". Anime has taught me so many lessons growing up. To pursue your dreams, to always have faith in your friends, to never use your strengths for evil, to protect the people and things you hold close. I don't think my life would be even close to being as enjoyable as it is now if I didn't watch anime or read manga. I am thankful everyday for the men and women that spend their time creating these works of art.
Jan 20, 2014 9:59 AM

Aug 2013
Sure. It made me learn how to fly. Now i could dispose of my car and i'm exempt from walking. Good, isn't it?
Jan 20, 2014 10:13 AM

Aug 2013
I have become more of a recluse, but I never liked going out much anyway, this gives me an excuse. :L
Jan 20, 2014 10:16 AM

Apr 2012
TIMMSY7 said:
I have become more of a recluse, but I never liked going out much anyway, this gives me an excuse. :L
this happened to me as well, and I wouldn't say it is a bad thing

TheArchangles982 said:
-Klad- said:

No. The world is what you make it and trust me, it's not hopeless. The only way anime changed me is that I don't really watch TV anymore unless it's sports or South Park as I'd rather watch anime than most of the shows that are on TV right now.
this

#Clannadchangedme
My Reviews and Rants: http://bunny1ov3r.wordpress.com/

痛就是爱
Jan 20, 2014 12:09 PM

Nov 2013
TheArchangles982 said:

The only way anime changed me is that I don't really watch TV anymore unless it's sports or South Park as I'd rather watch anime than most of the shows that are on TV right now.

This is me EXACTLY. Last TV series I watched was Breaking Bad. For the most part its anime when I can. I used to find TV a distraction so I'm glad this happened.
Jan 20, 2014 12:23 PM

Feb 2012
I stopped watching TV completely. I started being more emotional (crying mainly), no shows could really make me cry but animes, it happened quite a few times.

I try to help more people when I find the chance to :)
Jan 20, 2014 12:26 PM

Apr 2013
It caused me to basically stop watching regular TV.
Jan 20, 2014 1:10 PM

Nov 2013
Anime hasn't really changed me as a person and I don't see how it would really.
Jan 20, 2014 1:23 PM

Nov 2013
Yes, I Think anime has changed me as a person. But I'm not sure if it's for the better or worse.
Jan 20, 2014 5:11 PM

Oct 2013
I actually posted this in a different topic, but it's much more fitting in this one:

Lucky Star helped me mature and improve as a human being all around. Sounds crazy to say that, but it's true. When I watched the anime, I was 14 or so.

I was very religious, conservative, sheltered, and a bit homophobic. I put effort into fitting in with my cousins, and staying true to male gender roles; violent video games, rock and roll, swords and guns, etc. I was content here, and just about never strayed.

When I found Lucky Star, I was intrigued by its opening. I'd never seen anything quite like it and quickly got addicted. Of course, Lucky Star is not a blatantly male-oriented show; the characters are cutesy, the colors are bright and vibrant, the plots were about schoolgirls' daily lives, and the intro music resembled pop. But it didn't matter, I liked it anyway, and that helped open my eyes to the fact that declaring an entire genre good or bad, or a piece of media "for boys" or "for girls" is never correct.

I went from being a self-conscious, judgemental Christian who only listened to Metal, to a much happier, open-minded, secular person who enjoys any art that appeals to him.

Partially thanks to watching a bunch of teenage girls discuss how to eat pastries 'correctly'. Go figure.
NocandoJan 20, 2014 8:23 PM
Jan 20, 2014 7:12 PM

Jun 2011
-Klad- said:

You need to watch some Kaiji. The main character goes through some shit that sorta relates to what you said about society.
But yeah... Kaiji made me temporarily look at rich people as complete assholes who toy with the poor to satisfy themselves and no one else.

Jan 20, 2014 8:21 PM

Jan 2014
I think it did quite a bit, it made me start to draw again, My dream is to be a cartoon artist, or an accountant as a back up, but after i started watching anime it actually made me want to be a harder worker and more determined XD.
Jan 21, 2014 12:09 AM

Aug 2013
Watching Pokemon made me want to catch 'em all.
Jan 21, 2014 2:32 AM
Aug 2013
Kyuutoryuu said:
Watching Pokemon made me want to catch 'em all.

hahah i actually was coleected a pile of cards when i watched the series and now I lost them all :(
Jan 21, 2014 2:34 AM

Oct 2012
Anime as a whole has.

It saved me from going into depression believe it or not.
Jan 21, 2014 2:47 AM
Aug 2013
MCsq2 said:
Anime as a whole has.

It saved me from going into depression believe it or not.

in what way did it save you?

I think i know where your coming from but I just wanted to make it clear
Jan 21, 2014 2:49 AM
Jan 2013
I thought NHK would but it didn't
._.
Jan 21, 2014 2:52 AM

Jun 2013
it made me like to be a nerd again

Jan 21, 2014 2:53 AM

Jan 2013
I've become nerdier.
Jan 21, 2014 2:53 AM
Jan 2014
I was never a very sociable person, never actually had something like "real" friends, but one thing common in many anime/manga is that the main character usally someone that behaves differently from "normal" society. Maybe i relate with that, make me change to be just me and live in my own terms. Not to be influenced by anyone.
Jan 21, 2014 2:57 AM

Nov 2011
Not really.
I tend to have that, "Oh that would be pretty cool if I did this or that" or sometimes daydream that I'm the MC to some anime, but otherwise I just revert back to your average Joe when I step outside.

I guess one thing it did do for me is allow me to have common ground with some of my friends/acquaintances today. Considering even some of my co-workers like anime/manga, etc. it made it a lot easier to get chummy versus just being strictly professional.
Touch me, you filthy casual~
Jan 21, 2014 4:01 AM
Dec 2013
yes it definitely change me.......

i became weird >.<
Jan 21, 2014 4:09 AM
Aug 2013
Princess_Hermit said:
yes it definitely change me.......

i became weird >.<

I dont think you can get wierd by watching anime hmm...

I was wierd from the start
Jan 21, 2014 4:55 AM

Sep 2012
well, it makes me change a bit
Jan 21, 2014 5:04 AM

Feb 2013
It made me hate this world even more. I only go to school and maybe one time in a couple of months to play tennis.
Other from that I only watch anime and play video games.
Jan 21, 2014 5:53 AM

Dec 2013
I would say yes, Clannad Afterstory basically killed the pervert side of me and taught me how much females deserve respect 24/7. and well, i copied a bit of the personality of the dreamy guys like Kazehaya from Kimi ni Todeke. It's really healthy imo. They are indeed nice
Jan 21, 2014 6:35 AM
May 2013
It sometimes makes me almost forget realistically about the world and humanity. So yeah, fuck anime!
I'm a stubborn one though, so I'll still watch it.
Jan 21, 2014 7:47 AM

Dec 2012
HaseoGU said:
This is such a great question for this website. I was top of my Freshman English course in college last semester due to my paper titled "I Believe That Anime is Inspirational". Anime has taught me so many lessons growing up. To pursue your dreams, to always have faith in your friends, to never use your strengths for evil, to protect the people and things you hold close. I don't think my life would be even close to being as enjoyable as it is now if I didn't watch anime or read manga. I am thankful everyday for the men and women that spend their time creating these works of art.

It sounds really cheesy but I agree with this guy. The last few months were probably the first time in my life that I could consider myself to be an optimist. And although I'm still petty and foolish, the stories and characters I experience make me aspire to become a better person. It's one of those things where even after the initial euphoria wears off after awhile, the ideas stick with you. So yes, it's a pretty significant influence for sure.
Jan 21, 2014 9:58 AM
Aug 2013
daedroth4 said:
HaseoGU said:

It sounds really cheesy but I agree with this guy. The last few months were probably the first time in my life that I could consider myself to be an optimist. And although I'm still petty and foolish, the stories and characters I experience make me aspire to become a better person. It's one of those things where even after the initial euphoria wears off after awhile, the ideas stick with you. So yes, it's a pretty significant influence for sure.

I get this feeling from watching to much romance animes
Jan 21, 2014 10:14 AM

Jun 2013
TIMMSY7 said:
This.
Cupquake said:
And this.
All the guys on my dorm floor including my roommate think I'm antisocial. I'm not sure, but they might be right.

Jan 21, 2014 10:15 AM

Nov 2013
Yup. It changed me, giving a new subject to discuss about with my friends since all of them watch anime.
Also helped me to made new friends.
Jan 21, 2014 10:24 AM
Aug 2013
zdude18 said:
TIMMSY7 said:
This.
Cupquake said:
And this.
All the guys on my dorm floor including my roommate think I'm antisocial. I'm not sure, but they might be right.

U are at UNi?
Mayo4Life said:
Yup. It changed me, giving a new subject to discuss about with my friends since all of them watch anime.
Also helped me to made new friends.

That worked also in my favour and I did not know some freinds were already watching anime
Jan 21, 2014 10:32 AM

Jun 2013
pokeguy123 said:
zdude18 said:
TIMMSY7 said:
This.
Cupquake said:
And this.

U are at UNi?.
Yeah, and sometimes almost all the time I prefer to sit in my room and watch anime rather than going out and getting drunk.

Jan 21, 2014 11:37 AM
Aug 2013
zdude18 said:
pokeguy123 said:
zdude18 said:
TIMMSY7 said:
This.
Cupquake said:
And this.

U are at UNi?.
Yeah, and sometimes almost all the time I prefer to sit in my room and watch anime rather than going out and getting drunk.

I am might just stay in too and study also
Jan 21, 2014 11:41 AM

Sep 2012
Watching hentai influence me to change my underpants.
Jan 21, 2014 11:47 AM

Oct 2013
Nah, a simple show can't change who I am today.
Jan 21, 2014 11:48 AM

Jun 2013
pokeguy123 said:
zdude18 said:
pokeguy123 said:
zdude18 said:
TIMMSY7 said:
This.
Cupquake said:
And this.

U are at UNi?.

Yeah man, but it causes all the people around you to think you're weird for not wanting to go out.

Jan 21, 2014 11:49 AM

Sep 2012
Anime made me do a 180, from someone who was introverted, depressed, and useless to someone who was extraverted, optimistic and useful because of the lessons anime taught me, the people it introduced me to, and giving me a hobby to care about and be proud of.

Anime for me was basically the small snowball I rolled down a hill and ended up becoming a massive snowball, so yes it made me change a lot.
☕ Truth be told, I'm quite proud of my house blend. To attain my flavor and fragrance, I use five different types of coffee beans. ☕
Jan 21, 2014 11:54 AM
Aug 2013
zdude18 said:
pokeguy123 said:
zdude18 said:
pokeguy123 said:
zdude18 said:
TIMMSY7 said:
This.
Cupquake said:
And this.

U are at UNi?.

Yeah man, but it causes all the people around you to think you're weird for not wanting to go out.

Ah ok, still tho
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Which is your favourite Anime in this list?

PushedCaraway - 9 hours ago

31 by Zimmu »»
2 minutes ago

» What's an anime that didn't meet your expectations, and what's an anime that exceeded them? ( 1 2 )

JKKH - Jul 18, 2022

67 by Spunkert »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » do you consider hate on your favorites an attack on you personally?

deg - Apr 23

33 by deg »»
14 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

223 by iftsistrnn »»
31 minutes ago

» Do you consider the opening(s) and ending(s) when rating an anime? ( 1 2 )

Hacker075 - Mar 15

62 by _ATG_ »»
32 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.