Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 13, 2009 6:37 PM

Oct 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Misaki-san...

Mizuki Mana..

Mar 17, 2009 5:39 PM

Jan 2008
Touya can't make up his mind it seems, dragging 3 girls around him.
Mar 31, 2009 9:12 PM

Jul 2008
Mana is really annoying me. She keeps making all these assumptions as to who Touya's 'Yuki' girlfriend is, but no matter how many times the idol is pointed out to her, she doesn't believe it. Maybe it's because of her feelings for him and she doesn't want to have to compete with an idol. I don't know. I just don't get it.

And Misaki. She's an idiot. She has no clue as to what she's doing. I feel bad for her when she keeps getting bullied about the play and then she does something that makes me think so much less of her. And Touya is contradicting himself. He just got done saying that Akira loves her in a different way than him and Yuki and not even 5 minutes later, he confesses to her. What?

I just hope that after this play, there won't be much of Misaki around anymore.
Apr 20, 2009 3:17 AM

Aug 2008
What the hell is going on!? That confession scene was very sudden. Okay, it was understandable that Misaki loved him, but since when did Touya?

Now Mana seems to have a crush on Touya is well..
Jun 6, 2009 4:38 AM

Oct 2007
Kira01 said:

I heard that and paused the video, I have to get that song!!

thought I can get information here but... sigh

Ugh I'm ripping my hair out ><!

EDIT: WOOT! I got the song.

It's called tsuiteru ne notteru ne by Yuki Morikawa (Aya hirano)
iLove3PJun 6, 2009 7:20 AM
Sep 9, 2009 5:29 PM
Aug 2009
So... that part at the end. It shows that Touya was handing out papers, probably to advertise the play. Was that happening all along? Was the guy with the black top hat (who was seen when they were carrying Misaki) with her all along? Was she imagining Touya's confession?
Oct 6, 2009 7:05 AM

Jan 2009
Zanboba said:
Was she imagining Touya's confession?
Hardly, it was him.

Anyway what the hell is wrong with Touya's Indescision for a girl? Why can't he just brake up with Yuki before their bond start bleeding? (To being with, their relationship at the moment is just too shallow).

My Anime List. | 皆は見つけられる必要がある。 | Relentless.
Dec 17, 2009 8:39 PM

Nov 2008
Now I'm mad. >:(

Fujii, wtf! No, you love Yuki! Now you really don't deserve her.

I think that Misaki's intentions were true all along about using him. I hope they drop her from the show or she gets hit by a bus.
Jan 30, 2010 2:49 PM

Dec 2008
Man, he is so indecisive. Never can understand why all these girls like him and then he just confesses to Misaki and argh...He doesn't deserve to be anyone in this show.
How long would it take to earn 50 million yen, Karasawa? - Katsuya
No longer than it would take to get to the bank, provided I have a gun. -Karasawa
I'm through talking with you. -Katsuya
Mar 12, 2010 10:00 PM

Aug 2008
Okay... Now I only have one character that I actually liked in this series... It used to be two. The final one is Mana.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 4, 2010 8:24 AM

Apr 2010
This was absolutely stupid.
Akira is the only character worth praise in that anime.
Jul 27, 2010 11:57 PM

Aug 2009
I laughed. I don't know why, but I enjoy watching as this guy becomes more and more of an idiot each episode.

And I'm not sure why everyone dislikes Misaki. I think she's a fine character. Though Haruka is my personal favorite. Also, Fuji and Yuki need to just break up. Yuki's too nice for him, and he obviously doesn't love her that much.

Indecisive bastard, got to hate him. <3
Nov 23, 2010 12:52 PM

Apr 2009
What's with that sudden confession? Touya is dragging me to the land of confusion with him! And Tamaru is as always...such a spineless jerk.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jul 10, 2011 3:50 AM
Feb 2009
waw....
Feb 5, 2012 5:05 AM
Dec 2010
wth,,.. is he going to fall for and kiss with any chick around him ? Didn't expected that.
Sent with Mal Updater
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
Aug 14, 2012 2:03 AM

Sep 2011
At least School Days had build up, this is just random as fuck. LOL
Sep 10, 2012 5:25 PM

Nov 2011
That has got to be one of the strangest confessions I've ever seen. Just saying.
Dec 21, 2012 12:35 AM

Dec 2007
Misaka should've slapped that guy. Do they not have sexual harassment laws in Japan? Touya is really annoying. I wouldn't be surprised if a girl went crazy and stabbed him. My guess would be the stalker girl on the bike.
Jul 8, 2013 3:46 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
"Everyones Makoto in Schools Days"
"Everyones Touya in White Album"

Well at least Akira confessed to Misaki, and hopefully she accepts his love. That would leave Yuki, Rina, and Azusa Nakano look alike. I feel like Touya is going to end up alone in the end.

Aug 19, 2013 4:23 AM

Jul 2013
After watching the anime so far, I don't really like Touya.

Yuki doesn't need him.
Oct 1, 2013 2:54 AM

Aug 2012
W8 i dont really get the confession part. Could someone please explain it to me .
Oct 16, 2013 8:07 PM

Jan 2013
I guess I'd feel better if I knew for sure that this is how the VN went or they are mixing the routes together. If it's the former than I wouldn't mind but I hope they're not making a bad adaptation.
-Nothing can stay unchanged. Even so, can you still keep on loving this place?

-Be still my soul; when change and tears are past, all safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
Nov 25, 2013 4:48 PM

Oct 2013
after each episode, im hoping that this guys will correct him and get on the right path, BUT NO, what about this confession? seriously this guys is a coward, a jerk and a stupid one, jesus break with yuri before saying all these things,

p.s it should have put this show in comedy genre, because actually, its one....
Dec 30, 2013 4:06 PM
Dec 2012
MISAKI-SAN...

(lol that whole part i was saying her name as if it was a conversation...
I dare you to try it it's so funny xD... lol especially when He came in and randomly confessed I was like O.o WOAH... Didn't see that last one coming...)
Apr 12, 2014 9:18 AM

May 2012
Damn that ending... that sure was quite interesting I really wonder what he'll do next get another girl or what... this is getting quite fucked up actually I really hope this doesn't go the School Days way...
Mar 28, 2015 4:29 AM

May 2009
What the hell Touya. Now I'm just hoping for a School Days ending. Everyone kills him and they live happily ever after.
What is he saying "I love you Misaki"? WHAT THE HELL.
check out my twitch: https://twitch.tv/slowy
Apr 8, 2015 7:42 AM

Jan 2014
Man this anime is getting pretty annoying. I used to respect Touya for his loyalty until last episode, and this just makes things worse. He can't just keep Yuki calling and worrying about him while he's falling in love with another girl. What a jerk.

This anime is starting to remind me of School Days.
Apr 19, 2015 1:30 AM

Feb 2013
Touya's confession to Misaki was very sudden. It was obvious that Misaki loved Touya, but since when did Touya fall in ove with Misaki? During the time he spent time with her? Also Mana looks like she was going to steal a kis from Touya while he was asleep.

Touya, what are ou doing!? Break up with Yuki if you want a new girl! I don't know how this is goijng to end. The onl way I think this is going to end is him ending up all alone.

Looks like Haruka is up next.
Jan 18, 2016 12:21 PM
Jun 2014
I... literally have no fucking clue what's going on anymore. Stuff just happens. One episode he's with this girl and the next he's with another. It's based on vn so it feels like it kind of jumps from route to route. Vn's have lots of monologue that provide insight in the thoughts and decisions of the protagonist, none of that here.
Feb 13, 2016 3:26 AM
Feb 2016
I am confused with this episode. Touya is with Misaki, then he leaves to call an ambulance. Seconds later Akira is there. Was he following them? it also shows Touya not calling an ambulance, but rather handing out flyers for the mystery club. Also as the ambulance is taking Misaki away, Touya is not even with her. In fact he does not even seem to know she is hurt. He might even seem cheerful. So this leaves only 2 conclusions for me. 1, Misaki was with Akira and she thought he was Touya since she had been pulling all nighters, or she was just straight up hallucinating. 2, she was by herself the whole time when she was up there (also a hallucination) and Akira saw her, followed her, then found her injured. Either way it seems unlikely that Touya would go hand out flyers happily and not be with her as she is going away in the ambulance. The only possibility is that he was not with her during the play and did not know about her injury.
May 22, 2018 7:41 PM

Feb 2016
This is the episode where I'm starting to understand the series now, which is kind of ironic considering all these comments from people saying that they are so confused by it.

To put it simply, the characters in this series don't often stand up and openly declare what they're thinking and feeling, and even when they do, you have to take what they say with a grain of salt, because they might be lying or they might not entirely mean what they say. The audience has to infer their thoughts, feelings, and motivations by viewing their actions.

Touya is really fickle with who he has feelings for, and he's not too smart either, allowing those feelings to guide him around like a leaf in a wind storm. Plus, he is at the age where he is old enough to seriously screw up his life without anyone being able to stop him, but still young enough to lack the experience necessary to know how to avoid doing so. Many people in their early twenties are still going to be doing impulsive things that are lacking in common sense, and honestly, Touya is kind of stupid in general, so that's a double disadvantage.

He is spending all this time with Misaki to help her with her play, when he could be doing *anything else* (like trying to find a way to spend time with his supposed girlfriend, Yuki). The other characters see this as "the first step to cheating", and that's understandable, because the more time you spend with someone, the closer you will become with them. With Yuki occupied with her career all the time, Touya's feelings are slowly turning toward Misaki.

On Misaki's side of things, it's obvious she has had a crush on Touya for a long time, and only just now, in this moment of weakness, did she allow herself to blurt out her confession. It was only afterwords that she came to her senses, realizing that Touya was weak and confused too, and that her confession might very well give him the motivation he needed to cheat on Yuki (and it almost did). That's why she covered up her crush by pretending to be and "evil woman " who was just using Touya. Touya *did* realize this though, seeing that the lie was made for his own benefit. In his lonely state, his fickle heart got caught up in the moment, and he blurted out his "I love you" confession, to which Misaki promptly pushed him away (after one little indulgence of a kiss).

This series is shaping up more and more to be as much about what is *not* said, as about what *is* said, and the characters are quite believable and flawed people, just like in real life. They shift back and forth between loyalties, and they have shades of morally grey areas about them. The people who are confused about this probably have not seen enough of the more adult anime/movies, and probably aren't yet old enough to see the world beyond black or white absolutes.
Feb 10, 2019 11:04 AM
Jul 2014
I ... don't think I can understand anything any more. This is confusing and fucked up
Apr 19, 2019 4:51 PM

Aug 2017
I like Misaki. Touya should start corralling all the girls and dating them all. They will be fine with it.

Akira is a chump.
Apr 11, 2021 8:41 PM

Aug 2014
this episode felt really out of place and out of character

What I mean is that it felt like the writers/producers wanted to satisfy the Misaki fans by making the MC "love" her out of nowhere.

Him saying "I love you Misaki" and then kissing her, and then him crying... It all felt very out of character. And then at the end hes giving out flyers like if nothing happened.

Dont get me wrong, I love Misaki. In real life, I would probably want to date her the most since shes the most feminine out of all the heroines, easy to read, and not a head-case. And she has great melons.
oooo3333Apr 11, 2021 8:45 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » White Album Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AkariChan - Jan 20, 2009

70 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 17, 11:07 PM

Poll: » White Album Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

sniW - Jan 10, 2009

80 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 17, 12:37 PM

Poll: » White Album Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

sniW - Jan 3, 2009

109 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 17, 12:32 PM

Poll: » White Album Episode 8 Discussion

patient_senses - Mar 31, 2009

22 by Daninokuni »»
Sep 12, 2023 1:35 AM

Poll: » White Album Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Sonja - Feb 8, 2009

57 by Daninokuni »»
Sep 5, 2023 1:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.