Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 10, 2014 4:49 AM

Apr 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Junpei is fireproof, he wasn't even singed one bit when he came out of the building considering he was very near the center of the explosion.

Anyway, this was interesting...and a fleeting one at that, and also forgettable. 6/10
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jan 29, 2016 8:03 PM
Oct 2010
Metal..Gear?
Jokes apart I would like to see a mecha anime based on that robot
Jun 27, 2016 3:52 PM

Jun 2013
the best anime I've ever seen in all my life !
Feb 12, 2018 1:28 PM

Oct 2014
That floppy flashbang was awesome. First time I'm seeing those osborne type computers in anime. This ova was really great 8/10.
CnonFeb 18, 2018 6:48 AM
Sep 2, 2018 2:08 PM

Feb 2013
Dub was so bad it was funny.

4/10 because I wasn't bored watching it.
Jan 13, 2019 12:05 AM

Sep 2018
This was awful, everything about this anime was lazy, from it's plot to the animation, to the most boring action sequences I have ever seen in any anime. For crying out loud it was like they were moving through a vat full of goo. Maybe I should have watched the dubs instead the subs because at least maybe I could have got some entertainment out of how bad they were...

Might write up a proper review when I'm less tired because I feel like all the other reviews are way too forgiving of this dreck.
Jul 21, 2019 7:48 PM

Aug 2015
I think it looked pretty good and it was fun to watch. It took a little bit to suss out the relationships between the characters, which makes me think this is probably a manga adaptation and we are expected to already know the characters. Keiko is quite nice looking, nice dresser.

At first I though the "weapon to surpass Metal Gear" was a drone, and was only controlled remotely and I'm like, hey, this is an 80s OVA that actually got the near future right-but after the control console was destroyed it went berserk implying an AI.

By the end, it's not clear what about the disc or robot is illegal- the motives are unclear. Was the professor opposed to his research being used for a weapon, so they killed him to stop him from leaking proprietary information? That's what NDAs and lawsuits are for. Are mecha not allowed in Japan or something? Was it the fail-deadly nuclear reactor? lol

Without some explanation of motive, there wasn't a whole lot of reason for this company to not act in an above-board manner. It's definitely cyberpunk in that the techno-industrial corporation must be evil by nature lol
Apr 26, 2021 2:31 PM

Aug 2016
That helicopter chase scene is the stuff of legends. This was one of the most rubbish dubs I've seen in a long time.
Aug 20, 2021 8:07 AM

Feb 2014
I mean, the whole mesagge about goverment conspiracies and stuff is nice, but the OVA just fails miserably at being even sightly interesting.

And yeah, pretty poor dub.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.