Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Mar 13, 2009 4:50 PM

Apr 2008
A boring anime is one that is personally boring to me after watching of episodes of the anime, I learned to never judge an anime just by it's poster after watching hikaru no go.

Mar 13, 2009 6:34 PM

Jul 2008
Nana. Sorry, it's just not interesting me.
Mar 13, 2009 8:11 PM

Oct 2008
Canvas2, myself;yourself, Kanokon.
Mar 13, 2009 8:46 PM

Feb 2008
For me, this has to be Love Hina. Seriously, what? The plot never really went much of anywhere except for maybe in the last few episodes. Other than that, it was a whole 24 episodes of filler and poor attempts at humor. I kept hoping that maybe it would pick up and SOMETHING interesting would happen, but by the end I just wanted to curl up and go to sleep.

Madlax and Neo Angelique Abyss are also pretty far down there.
ohai
Mar 14, 2009 2:43 AM

Apr 2007
Pretty much anything made by Beetrain. Eg: Noir

Can't think of much else right now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 14, 2009 7:15 AM

Jul 2008
DarK_LiGhT said:
A boring anime is one that is personally boring to me after watching of episodes of the anime, I learned to never judge an anime just by it's poster.

QFT

I never have been bored by watching an anime.
Mar 14, 2009 7:18 AM

Sep 2007
love hina, absolutely not my humor
and naruto just a kiddy show with "cool" (not) characters, all, already seen.
Mar 14, 2009 8:30 AM

Jun 2008
DBZ
Mar 14, 2009 9:20 AM

Jul 2008
Miname-ke. Each and every series just drags itself along in my mind. Every minute I just look down at the time and hope that its almost over. It made me laugh once or twice ages ago so I keep watching hoping it'll get better. But if they make a fourth season, I will not make the same mistake YET AGAIN.
Mar 14, 2009 9:50 AM

Mar 2008
Shows like Kimi ga Nozomu Eien... just way too much drama, romance and shoujo for me~

I like action, comedy and supernatural :)
Mar 14, 2009 10:20 AM

Oct 2008
Chobits. I tried to watch all of it, but I could only manage to sit through 13 episodes of Chi learning human behavior at a snails pace.

Edit: forgot The Place Promised in our Early days, Jin-Roh, GITS: SAC when they do all that computer talk, Howl's Moving castle had some boring parts in it, and Steel Angel Kurumi.
Kid_at_HartMar 14, 2009 10:27 AM
Mar 14, 2009 10:25 AM

Sep 2008
Hidamari Sketch was just Flat out boring to me.
Lucky Star, being the first series I ever downloaded, was also boring (but I might rewatch it... sometime).
Azumanga Daioh... though I did laugh at a few of the episodes... meh.

....you know, all three of those are the same gerne, I just noticed that. I should avoid High School Slice-of-Life's now.
Mar 14, 2009 11:56 AM

Jul 2007
Ghost in the Shell - Stand Alone Complex
Soukyuu no Fafner: Dead Aggressor

Started these with the false expactation of getting to see some interesting mainstream anime at least. But I couldn't bring myself to finish them up to now. I was way too bored by the first six or so episodes in each case. -.-
Mar 14, 2009 12:20 PM

Sep 2008
MackDaddyHart said:
Chobits. I tried to watch all of it, but I could only manage to sit through 13 episodes of Chi learning human behavior at a snails pace.

Edit: forgot The Place Promised in our Early days, Jin-Roh, GITS: SAC when they do all that computer talk, Howl's Moving castle had some boring parts in it, and Steel Angel Kurumi.

The Place Promised in our Early Days was indeed boring as hell. Worst part is that it tried to take itself seriously, which made it worse.
Can't agree with you about Chobits though.
Mar 14, 2009 1:24 PM

Oct 2008
sunshinesan said:
MackDaddyHart said:

The Place Promised in our Early Days was indeed boring as hell. Worst part is that it tried to take itself seriously, which made it worse.
Can't agree with you about Chobits though.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Chobits was bad. It's just that it was too slow for me and I couldn't wait around for it to pick up. I'm sure if it was condensed into like 12-14 eps I would've loved it because it did have it's moments.
Mar 14, 2009 4:15 PM

Jun 2007
Siing said:
Pretty much anything made by Beetrain. Eg: Noir

Cowabunga said:
Code Geass, I had to drop that thing after 4 episodes, I couldn't stand it any longer.

And anything I've dropped.
Oh, and we can't forget Innocence.
Mar 14, 2009 4:30 PM
Feb 2009
naruto
Mar 14, 2009 6:06 PM

Aug 2007
Blood + : made it through a few episodes and couldn't stand it.. which reminds me to NOT download an entire series before hand.
Ergo Proxy: really interesting at first, right around the middle I wanted to kill myself
Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka: I actually fell asleep during one episode... don't know how I stuck with that one til the end
Mar 14, 2009 7:45 PM

Feb 2009
I have plenty but the most recent one is Shikabane Hime. Dropped it finally, after six episodes. I couldn't watch anymore. It was just awful.
Mar 14, 2009 8:30 PM

Nov 2008
Code Geass, Kaleido Star, Vampire Knight, Ouran High School
but I still watched these Anime(though it makes me very sleepy when I watched them) since I don't want to mess my list with 'dropped' section
Mar 14, 2009 9:27 PM

Jun 2008
MackDaddyHart said:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Chobits was bad. It's just that it was too slow for me and I couldn't wait around for it to pick up. I'm sure if it was condensed into like 12-14 eps I would've loved it because it did have it's moments.

I agree. It should have been shorter

I forgot to add Evangelion and Kurokami to the list of boring anime
Mar 14, 2009 11:07 PM
Mar 2008
ill probably get bashed for this one but Lucky Star I have tried to watch this multiple times but i can never make it through a full episode there isn't much thought possess involved
Mar 14, 2009 11:16 PM

Jul 2008
^I feel the same about Lucky Star. I tried so hard to love it, but I couldn't even force myself to. That's very rare for me.
Mar 14, 2009 11:42 PM

Nov 2007
Bartender. Might be better when actually drunk. I had an incredibly difficult time focusing on this show.

I'm honestly rather surprised that so many people were bored by SAC. It's not supposed to be an over-the-top action show, but still...
Mar 15, 2009 1:10 AM

Oct 2008
kasumisama said:
I'm honestly rather surprised that so many people were bored by SAC. It's not supposed to be an over-the-top action show, but still...

I feel like I needed a major in computer science in order to understand most of it. When they didn't go off on these 5 minute talks about interceptors, advanced viruses, and hacking it was a really good show. My favorite episodes were the ones where in the last like 2 minutes they would basically explain what happened in a more simple way.
Mar 15, 2009 1:17 AM

Mar 2009
Special A
Kamichama Karin
Zombie loan
Da Capo
Mar 24, 2009 7:14 PM

Mar 2009
Narutaru. Omg how can someone made this anime. Its like a sleeping pill...
Parental Advisory
Mar 24, 2009 7:16 PM

Mar 2009
Duncanmix said:
Narutaru. Omg how can someone made this anime. Its like a sleeping pill...

I must agree unfortunatly
Most boring anime ever
But saint seya is not much better too
AngryCandyMan
Mar 24, 2009 7:31 PM

Mar 2009
Night Head Genesis. It's like I was waiting for something big to happen the entire time, and then nothing happened at the end.

Serial Experiments Lain, same thing.
#!/bin/bash
echo "RiceMonster"

My last.fm
Mar 24, 2009 9:51 PM

Jan 2009
Cowboy Bebop, not that it wasn't good but.. I just couldn't get into. *dives into bomb shelter*
Mar 24, 2009 10:02 PM

Mar 2009
Things that I'd have to force myself to watch/finish:

Miyazaki movies. Just name it, they all make me wish I was doing something else during the entire duration, and I usually end up turning it off, counting ceiling tiles, playing with my cat or PSP/DS, etc.

Alien Nine. Maybe it would be less boring if that one girl didn't cry in almost every scene so predictably, I couldn't stand it.

Denno Coil-haven't finished this one, not sure why, but it certainly bored me thru the 8 episodes or so i saw of it

Serial Experiments Lain- expcept for its opening, but I thought it was trying to be hardcore or something, but nothing that really made sense happened almost ever and I was kinda rolling my eyes and sleeping again...

Maze (TV)-I didn't feel like anything was happening and I would constantly allow shiney distraction as I watched it. Kitty wants me to feed her again? More fun than watching any more of Maze. And I got pretty far in this one too, at least halfway

to contrast things that did not bore me, but bore a lot of other people: Super Milk-Chan, Crest of the Stars, Mushi-shi
So as you can see, my tolerance is weird.
Mar 24, 2009 10:35 PM

Mar 2009
YanoAmi said:
Cowboy Bebop, not that it wasn't good but.. I just couldn't get into. *dives into bomb shelter*

Hmmm, I thought I was the only one who couldn't get into it.

classicalzawa said:
Denno Coil-haven't finished this one, not sure why, but it certainly bored me thru the 8 episodes or so i saw of it

Yeah, it gets a little slow at times I find, but overall I enjoyed it. I'd recommend watching it all the way through, it gets better.
#!/bin/bash
echo "RiceMonster"

My last.fm
Mar 24, 2009 10:48 PM

Feb 2008
Anything episodic*. In general it just means it allows different teams of writers to write about whatever the crap they want without impact on any of the other teams. Ergo, a story that doesn't go anywhere. And the tidbits of plots you do get don't have any emotional significance since you were just introduced to the situation/new characters/area about five minutes before the climax.

*Eeeeexcept for Mushishi. Each and every episode was a beautiful crafted story. *swoon*
Mar 24, 2009 11:21 PM

Jun 2008
Probably Shounen Onmyouji or Ayakashi Ayashi. Both stupid historical pith that doesn't deserve even to be picked up by serious otaku.

Mar 25, 2009 2:02 AM

Dec 2008
Dragonball Z. The Yellow Pages has more of a plot than that uber-ridiculous train wreck of a show. Nothing but fighting, things blowing up and all that stupid yelling. PUH-LEEEEEEEZE!!

May the DESU be with you! Always!
Mar 25, 2009 3:04 AM
Feb 2008
the first thing i thouht of was vimpire knight... so i will say that.
Mar 25, 2009 3:28 AM

Feb 2009
D-Gray Man of course, so far on 35 episodes hardly any action, with one proper episode and a filler episode!
Mar 25, 2009 5:56 AM

Jul 2008
Kanon was very boring to me. And DGM too.
Mar 25, 2009 6:38 AM

Aug 2007
Code Geass, Trinity Blood, Escaflowne, Juuni Kokuki. Seeing glamorous royal asses talking politics, plotting and intriguing, well, all the time, bores and annoys me as hell!

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Genre/theme you’re not interested in ? ( 1 2 )

Yonahim_Zz - Yesterday

58 by TeBaTe »»
1 minute ago

» which anime character resonates with you the most? to be specific, who's your "literally me" anime character?

FruitPunchBaka - 9 hours ago

25 by Zettaiken »»
2 minutes ago

» Do you use Character.ai to chat with your waifu?

Dragevard - 36 minutes ago

10 by FanofAction »»
2 minutes ago

» Ever stopped watching an anime bc you like it so much ?

Yonahim_Zz - 11 hours ago

24 by Cammell »»
3 minutes ago

» What makes Anime different from Cartoons ?

tchitchouan - 2 hours ago

25 by Cammell »»
4 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.