Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 10, 2009 3:01 PM

May 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Nice Series the ending was good.

What does everyone think about the ending?
Mar 28, 2009 7:37 PM
Nov 2008
I thought overall it was a little anti climactic. Although I enjoyed watching the series.
Oct 11, 2009 4:34 AM

Sep 2009
This was a nice Series and the end was good in my opinion...
Dec 14, 2009 2:39 AM

Aug 2007
The beginning of the series was really slow but the ending was nice. Great seeing Soji in action. Kinda creepy for Susu... o.o
Apr 19, 2010 1:50 PM

May 2009
Kotonoha= Suzu Oo what was wrong with holding that head! Oo
anyways i liked the series and kinda have a feeling like it's a bit underrated
May 15, 2010 1:11 PM

Jan 2009
I thought it was a pretty good series. I'll give it an 8/10. I don't like how they left the Suzu situation open. I feel like he'll probably want revenge.

Did they ever explain why Saya was a mute?
May 15, 2010 1:22 PM

May 2008
Zewerr said:
I thought it was a pretty good series. I'll give it an 8/10. I don't like how they left the Suzu situation open. I feel like he'll probably want revenge.

They did a little while ago.
May 15, 2010 2:49 PM

Jan 2009
What was the reason? I don't remember.
Dec 18, 2010 4:30 AM

May 2010
i only feel sorry about Suzu..he loved his master so much..
OMG Susumu is sooo cute X3 Okita too~ kyaa and the trio is so funny even Hijikata cant handle them XD

personally i enjoyed this series from the start to the end :)
Feb 10, 2011 6:13 AM

Oct 2008
This series gets a 10/10 from me.
It kept me watching with a lot of attention.

I am glad that this one Okita didn't die in the series but it still pained me too see and hear him coughing and wounded. I really like him. He's the reason why I wanted to watch this series.

Then there's Tetsu. He's funny and really kind. I like his relationship with Saya.
Tatsu was hilarious too. So much to protect his bro xD
And then there's Sakamoto. His songs are funny - lots of nonsense xD
Hijikata is awesome too!

It was sad to see Ayu-nee treated in that way and the way she died was brutal.
I feel sorry for Suzu even though his master was an ass.

I think I will read the manga soon. Well, it's been on my plan to read list for ages!
Mar 31, 2012 7:10 AM

Jan 2010
Yes ~
Okita alive ^____________^
I liked the end ! ))

all in all, anime is good ))
8/10
Sep 1, 2012 6:06 PM
Lewd Depresso

Jul 2008
Rly enjoyable.

9/10.

Love Tetsu and Saya :P

If i would imagine sequel.

Tetsu would save Saya from red-light district and possible become peacemaker like his dad was.

Kinda sad bout Suzu though :(
Feb 9, 2013 3:35 PM

Nov 2011
Tbh, I wasn't a big fan of this series except for some of the main supporting characters. I just didn't like the MC as much as I thought. Surprisingly though, I really enjoyed the OST part of this series. It was orchestrated beautifully and deserves some praise to be honest.

A satisfying ending I guess. Overall, 6/10. RIP Ayumu.
Feb 10, 2013 3:22 AM
May 2007
^ But you just completed a finished series in 2 days, that's no way to enjoy a series.

Zewerr said:

Might be because she witnessed her parents being murdered in the past. Lovely how they've enclosed her character collection with the extras her whispering Tetsu's name was so cute ♥

Sadly we don't get more sequels of good series like Peacemaker. I honestly loved every episode and mostly went emotional throughout every situation. I feel sorry for poor Suzu to see him not able to overcome the fact that his sensei is already dead and still holding his stained head. I myself can't get to admit that Yoshida was murdered. Still you can see there are illustrations by the mangaka with Suzu holding a skull. Suzu could be back for revenge, I don't think things between him and Tetsu will be the same ever again.

btw, we are getting an ANiMiX of Peacemaker later this year. Looks like it's featuring the trio Sanosuke, Shinpachi and Heisuke.
Feb 12, 2015 5:20 PM

Apr 2014
Honestly came in to this series not expecting a lot but I ended up loving it ! Might be the first anime ending I actually really liked even though I felt so bad for Suzu... So glad Okita didn't die, I was dreading it while watching so I was super relieved that he lived. So sad there is no sequel ugh...
Apr 14, 2015 3:49 PM
Nov 2014
i liked this series, i loved the humour, but i had to mark it down to 7/10 as there were a few plot points that were left unresolved. for example, the blonde ninja spy. the opening credits suggests that sannan knows her, and she is in fact his lover Akesato, but that is never confirmed or developed and that image in the credits was never shown in the series itself.

also, why did tetsu thell saya he could never see her again in the final episode.

most perplexing of all to me, how did tetsu get out the that burning building without yoshida killing him in episode 21? the last scene of ep 30 him seemingly trapped in the building, then ep 21 has him holed up and traumatised in the shingengumi headquaters? what actually happened? if anyone has an answer for these questions i would be grateful.
Aug 24, 2015 10:24 AM
Jun 2013
it was ok though they left somethings open. I mean poor suzu he really did nothing bad and is now sad and a bit crazy with the whole carrying a head around. Liked we got a nice little tetsu and saya moment before the end.
Jan 14, 2016 11:57 AM

May 2015
shadowsword said:

I am glad that this one Okita didn't die in the series but it still pained me too see and hear him coughing and wounded. I really like him. He's the reason why I wanted to watch this series.

Definitely a good reason, and it's mine as well. ;) I mostly stuck with this for Okita, and I'm definitely not disappointed with this ending.
Feb 5, 2016 7:09 AM

Apr 2012
I think I haven't seen a series with such a slow pace since Gilgamesh. Almost everything was done in a cliché and anti-climactic way. It's a real shame because I like historicals, and I'm a huge fan of 2000s Gonzos, but this is by far the worst I've seen of them. Would have worked better as a 13 episode series, maybe with a couple of OVAs thrown in.
Feb 21, 2016 10:44 AM

Jun 2011
The series' potential was there, but it was never realized. The constant back and forth between comedy and seriousness really ruined the pace/flow of the series. The series rather prioritize the slice of life element rather than taking time to write the transition for Tetsu's character development, because of that, his development came off as rather abrupt. I am not a fan of him in general.

The author also didn't bother developing or giving more exposition to the antagonists, like why they do what they did, etc. It would have been much better if we get to know the characters more.

The series has this nice feelings most of the time, which is good and make the series easy to watch, but Tetsu's voice is not pleasant to the ears... It was hard watching the scenes with him in it.

The one OST that stood out to me was Sorezore no Hisou, it was so good, but iirc they never use it again after the first few episodes, too bad.
If anyone's wondering, this is it:
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jul 30, 2016 12:33 PM

Jun 2016
so where's kenshin ,it would be great if they had a crossover with kenshin or at least a cameo
Mar 4, 2020 12:56 AM

Jul 2015
Overall nice series, I definitely think they could have packed a bit more story into this since Yoshida didn't do quite a lot and the part with the crazy lord, magician and Okita's clone was kind of pointless, but the humor was definitely good

Jul 28, 2020 10:47 PM

May 2009
I still have two eps to finish this but to this point it's been almost a year since I started it ... The beginning was kinda slow and I was prepared to watch a serious anime so each time a slice of life moments came out I got instantly bored and postponed it for times when I'm in that mood. I'm not saying that the anime is bad but so far I don't even know what's the point of having the "dragon children" in it except for some comedy and slice of life. The story around the Shinsengumi seems way better even though it's hard to grasp the motives behind the opposition. But it really seemed like a good cause ... At least I was left with that impression. Each party wanted the best for their country but in a different way. And then there was that crazy lord who just died without even getting why he did what he did ... or at least I didn't bother to get it. The anime feels like a bunch of stuff frown in a mix and left out for the audience to make out what it's made from ...
[url=https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Blutsauger&sclick=1]
May 20, 2021 8:37 AM

Jan 2021
I really loved this series more than I expected. It went from 0 to 100 real quick. I feel like Suzu is going to go into a spiraling depression and kinda like go into the darkness. I hope he'll be able to find peace one day.

I love Saya and Tetsu's relationship as well as the trio's relationship.

I was confused at the start of the episode when Tetsu was on the boat. Was he really on the boat and did he get left behind?

Also, I just found out that they are real people and I read all about them. I really want to read the manga now!
Sep 18, 2023 5:44 AM

Dec 2008
I don't think this series did much for me. It felt a bit padded, and if anything the subplot involving that crazed flamboyant noble dude could've been cut out (I still don't even know what his fucking deal was? Something about being obsessed with an illigimate prince who died in his care or something?). I think there are some good dramatic elements in there, and if this had more seasons I'm sure a lot of the loose ends would've been answered.

That said, I saw a wikipedia description saying that

And as the show doesn't clarify if that is the case, can someone tell me if that's revealed in the manga, or if that is Wikipedia being incorrect?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Peace Maker Kurogane Episode 21 Discussion

deuchi - Dec 17, 2010

5 by autisticanime »»
Sep 11, 2023 5:05 AM

Poll: » Peace Maker Kurogane Episode 17 Discussion

deuchi - Dec 16, 2010

7 by autisticanime »»
Sep 3, 2023 4:25 AM

Poll: » Peace Maker Kurogane Episode 3 Discussion

deuchi - Dec 11, 2010

8 by Algeryani »»
Jul 2, 2023 11:59 AM

Poll: » Peace Maker Kurogane Episode 4 Discussion

deuchi - Dec 11, 2010

10 by Euonymus »»
Jun 11, 2023 9:48 AM

Poll: » Peace Maker Kurogane Episode 18 Discussion

deuchi - Dec 17, 2010

5 by i-loathe-sasuke »»
Jan 16, 2023 2:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.