Forum Settings
Forums
New
fallout 3 vs fallout new vegas
Dec 27, 2013 7:43 PM

Mar 2013
i personally prefer fallout new vegas for a few reasons.
1. i like the side quests better
2. i didnt like how hard it was to find ammo in fallout 3 (i kept running out)
3. there are a lot of little features in new vegas that werent in fallout 3 that i really liked for example: you could look through the sights of a gun and the companion wheel
4. the ending i felt was in my opinion much more satisfying
that is my opinion so what do you guys think?
ps: i played both games on ps if that makes a difference
pps: i was going to make the poll include fallout 1, fallout 2 and fallout tactics also but i felt that the original games and the Bethesda games were to different and shouldnt be compared
Just because you know how to use a torrent does not give you the god given right to pirate.

My actual list: https://kitsu.io/users/mattbenz99/library

check out my youtube channel for my review: https://www.youtube.com/user/mattbenz99

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 27, 2013 7:50 PM

Sep 2011
new vegas by a long shot, it actually had personality, there was a self aware dark comedy like thing going on in the writing, your choices actually felt like you were making a impact on the world, all the characters could actually die even the story related onces, the world actually had diversity and showed humanity rebuilding rather than falling apart, and especially compared to 3 it actually put for th the effort to not make every single indoor environment look indentical

of all of the fallouts not counting tactics 3 is easily the worst, that game lacked all the personality and individuality as well as proper level design. Its not horrible but it is a bland and drab game that is a very unpleasant thing to play

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Dec 27, 2013 8:09 PM

Jul 2013
I've only played fallout 3(glitches, glitches and bugs everywhere!Oh and the freezing!) I wanted to buy New Vegas awhile back but bought something else(I think it was the first Gundam Dynsty Warriors game) for 360. The game with all the DLC was like 20 last time I checked at a Gamestop near the school I go to. Might finally pick it up next year.
Korrvo said:
I like lolis.

I don't like them sexually.

It's hard to not like lolis, their cuteness pander to the same emotions that naturally makes us fathers.

But it's hard to get off to anything that doesn't have any adult women characteristics like large tits, ass, and thighs.

http://imgur.com/qgjKHGn

Dec 30, 2013 6:57 AM

Mar 2012
New Vegas, less NPCs randomly dying and you get your own suite for companion storing.
Dec 30, 2013 7:31 AM

Aug 2013
In terms of quality, New Vegas is the superior game. It has much better dialogue, writing and livelier world, but I still prefer Fallout 3 over it. I guess I'm just being biased, but I just found the world in F3 to be much more ominous and mysterious, and walking around in an apocalyptic Suave desert never appealed much to me.
Dec 30, 2013 8:28 AM

Dec 2013
1L0can0 said:
I've only played fallout 3(glitches, glitches and bugs everywhere!Oh and the freezing!) I wanted to buy New Vegas awhile back but bought something else(I think it was the first Gundam Dynsty Warriors game) for 360. The game with all the DLC was like 20 last time I checked at a Gamestop near the school I go to. Might finally pick it up next year.

If you were playing it on a console, then yes I know what you mean, Fallout 3 on my 360 would randomly crash while loading the environment.

Personally thought FV was a better game story wise, but Fallout 3's environment/atmosphere was way better than Fallout NV. Fallout NV was just too barren and flat for any real fun roaming around, not to mention the stories behind the Vaults in NV were just plain bad compared to F3, save the Vault with the Political Party/Sacrificial chamber, that had a eerie F3 tone to it.
I am on the edge ! The edge of the edgiest edge ever edged by edgekind !
я умерте ужасну депрессии...

Dec 30, 2013 8:31 AM

Oct 2012
new vegas all the way
Dec 30, 2013 10:04 AM

May 2009
New Vegas by a mile. Solely because of Dead Money. (Not really, more like the way your choice has much more influences. Altho, I really love dead money.)
Dec 30, 2013 1:12 PM

Nov 2011
I'm leaning towards New Vegas.
Dec 30, 2013 1:21 PM

Oct 2013
Fallout 3 made you feel like you were actually in a wasteland. It was very dark and it felt more like a survival game. I've always like New Vegas more though. The next fallout game is going to be so beastly. Hopefully the level system works like skyrim.
Dec 30, 2013 5:06 PM

Oct 2013
I prefer fallout 3 but new vegas has some good features.
Dec 30, 2013 5:14 PM

Jun 2013
I liked New Vegas better between the two. I thought the setting was better and I had more fun exploring the Mojave. Only thing is I wish I could've helped Benny take over New Vegas.
Dec 30, 2013 6:37 PM

Jul 2007
New Vegas hands down.

- Way Better writing far closer to original Fallout's humorous style.
- Far more lively and creative world.
- Way less "srs grimdark business" F3 had going on that has no place in Fallout.
May 14, 2014 4:32 PM

Apr 2014
I found this thread and figured it was high time I revived it for at least one more post.

I personally liked New Vegas better than 3. The mechanics were more refined and there were more opportunities for customizing your character.

I also liked going back to the west and meeting up with the New California Republic a lot as well. They were mentioned throughout the lore a lot but you never get a chance to see the Republic in action in Fallout 3 so it was interesting.

Possibly spoilers for New Vegas ahead and it gets a little deep too:

On a sidenote: fully modified Holorifle equals super awesome weapon. Loved that rifle so much and it made the rest of the game a breeze.
SGWMay 21, 2014 1:41 PM
If you pretend to feel a certain way, the feeling can become genuine all by accident. — Hei
May 14, 2014 4:50 PM

Aug 2013
I prefer New Vegas, I enjoy the desert feeling and I hated the subways in Fo3
Want to talk?
Club!

"Would you like an anti-psychotic?"

*Bonus points if you leave a comment about the meaning of my signature.*
May 14, 2014 5:02 PM

Aug 2013
I'd say Fallout 3 because I liked the environment more than in NV.
May 14, 2014 5:08 PM

Jun 2012
I had more fun with Fallout three, New Vegas is the better game.
May 14, 2014 6:16 PM

Apr 2014
I live and breathe Zenimax (Bethesda). Anything they make ill play. Fallout 3. There is no comparison.

May 14, 2014 8:34 PM

Jul 2013
I prefer Fallout 3 due to its atmosphere and setting. Much more interesting imo but NV improved the game play.
May 14, 2014 8:40 PM

Apr 2012
Fallout 3 for me due to how fresh it felt when playing it when it came out. The atmosphere was also many times better. I might be a little biased in this conversation as a bug prevented me from being able to progress any further in NV. But, hey, if a game had such a game breaking bug that it prevented me from even completing it, I say I have the right to hate on it.
HieiTrafalgarLaw said:
Anime is the reason why I live.
This is what every first comment should be like.
May 14, 2014 9:06 PM
Feb 2013
I prefer Fallout 3, but New Vegas is still a great game.
May 14, 2014 9:29 PM
Jan 2013
New Vegas by far. I had a lot more fun playing through the game with the different kinds of bullets, harcore mode, and all that jazz. Oh my God, hardcore mode! It's the main reason why NV will always be more fun than 3.

3 felt too easy at times even on the harder difficulties...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 14, 2014 11:15 PM
Aug 2011
I actually finished almost everything in New Vegas. I barely could care about anything in Fallout 3. It just didn't catch my interests. I can't judge fairly though cause I may have played maybe 4 hours of 3 and tons of hours in New Vegas. The characters were fun, the setting was interesting, the side quests and factions kept you busy in a good way.
May 14, 2014 11:30 PM

Apr 2012
nv because sacrificial chamber was amazing.
May 15, 2014 12:22 AM

Jan 2012
I liked both but prefered nv. Hopefully 4 is like nv.
you sound poor
May 15, 2014 2:51 AM

Jul 2007
SmokieZ said:
I prefer Fallout 3 due to its atmosphere and setting. Much more interesting imo but NV improved the game play.

Funny you say that, considering F3 was completely devoid of the atmosphere that made Fallout Games Fallout, while NV had it in spades.

Dr_Smurph said:
I actually finished almost everything in New Vegas. I barely could care about anything in Fallout 3. It just didn't catch my interests. I can't judge fairly though cause I may have played maybe 4 hours of 3 and tons of hours in New Vegas. The characters were fun, the setting was interesting, the side quests and factions kept you busy in a good way.

This pretty much.

In F3, I was hyped and then I started playing and the hype vanished, because it was just generic apocalypse setting, instead of pop-culture filled self-aware cynical black comedy that the fallout world is intended to be.

NV brought that feeling back.
May 15, 2014 3:05 AM

Oct 2012
New Vegas is better as an RPG, has better dialogue and writing, better (and more) quests and slightly improved gameplay and is overall just a better Fallout game.

Fallout 3 had a better landscape to explore, I'll give you that one. The Pitt was also an amazing DLC, I haven't unfortunately played the New Vegas DLCs so I can't really speak about them, I've heard some good things about Old World Blues though.

Fallout 3 also had some pretty dumb shit like Little Lamplight and the story was just nonsense at times.

They are both good games, but NV > F3 any day of the week in my opinion.
f42f21f24aMay 15, 2014 3:13 AM
May 15, 2014 3:20 AM

Dec 2012
This is based off very vague memories, but I prefer Fallout 3. The main reason being the shock value. I literally knew nothing about it prior to playing, so the post apocalyptic survival setting came as a huge surprise. I ended up playing it into the ground and when New Vegas showed up, I was too adjusted to what the game had to offer. I don't feel like my survival skills were tested as much (even on survival mode) and nothing really felt unexpected or fresh. Overall NV just never clicked for me, and it's probably the least enjoyable Bethesda game I've played.
May 15, 2014 3:57 AM

Jul 2007
Ratohnhaketon said:
This is based off very vague memories, but I prefer Fallout 3. The main reason being the shock value. I literally knew nothing about it prior to playing, so the post apocalyptic survival setting came as a huge surprise.

Which is exactly the problem with F3 not being a true fallout game. It does not feel like twisted pop-culture commentary on Cold War society that Fallout always was. It feels like a fucking generic post-apocalyptic future bullshit and takes itself far too seriously

Fallout franchise has always been a comentary on the political state of things in 80's-90's and how it twisted out society and culture. Its not supposed to be serious or "grimdark" it is supposed to be self-aware and hilarious in ways. Just a few steps below Wasteland franchise, which is all about sarcastic subversion of dystopian horror.

Fallout 3 takes itself far too seriously.

This is what fallout should be. A world filled with parodies of militaristic culture stereotypes.

And NV is far closer to that than sorry ass excuse that was FAllout 3.
May 15, 2014 4:50 AM

Apr 2014
I prefer Fallout 3 because I liked the whole Washington D.C setting more than the Nevada one... The landscape was better to explore and you had more places and stuff... The story was also way more touching with your father and stuff. But NV is a really great game too.
May 15, 2014 9:14 AM

Apr 2014
Having played the hell out of both I only slightly preferred new vegas, due to the better side quests, companions and sense that you can join any faction you want.

Fallout 3 was a better environment and I loved the overall 'feel' much more than new vegas.
Trance said:
I'm a guy and I can imagine buttfucking another guy. I don't find the thought repulsive, and I can even imagine kissing another man.
May 15, 2014 9:29 AM

Mar 2014
I have more hours played on New Vegas but Fallout 3 to me had a better atmosphere.

They're both my favorite games to be made and that won't change.
May 15, 2014 2:21 PM

Jul 2011
+1 for Fallout New Vegas: Ultimate Edition.

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
May 16, 2014 9:50 AM

May 2013
Fall New Vegas is superior in every way. Obsidian is much better at storytelling and making interesting characters.

Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas are both great games for exploration though which is Bethesda's speciality.
May 16, 2014 5:31 PM

Nov 2013
I liked the environment of fallout 3 much more than fallout new vegas, but I liked basically everything else about vegas generally more than that of fallout 3. New vegas had better optimizations, mods, and UI than that of 3; however I did like the feel of 3's story more than new vegas'. So I say I liked fallout 3 more, but in reality new vegas was a better game all together.
"A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty" - Winston Churchill

May 16, 2014 6:04 PM
Nobody

Jul 2013
This is too difficult,

Fallout 3 had a better story and was more dark. But those Metro tunnels just pissed me off and it was annoying getting to places,but it had better DLC's than NV

Fallout NV had the strip and I preffered the gamplay. Also killing MR house and Benny was always fun. NV also had cooler companions. I enjoyed dead money (i think it was called) cause there was more of a challenge. Also NV had more of a variety of endings.

I can't have a fav, they were both too amazing.
May 17, 2014 1:20 PM
May 2014
New Vegas has very high quality writing, and a world which makes sense. The dialog choices are far more extensive, and it takes advantage of role playing very well, providing multiple dialog options depending on what skills and SPECIAL you've invested in.

Gameplay wise, it fixed a lot of the problems FO3 had. It also provided far far more content, and tremendous amounts of options in completing quests. It has some of the best DLC you'll find in most games ever made. FO3 had awful DLC.

Visually speaking, nothing new or better. The engine was terrible for both of them, and it bogged down both games.

So I'd say that it's clear to me which game is better.
May 19, 2014 12:07 PM

Nov 2012
New Vegas. I loved them both, but I did enjoy the side quests in F:NV more than 3. I also feel like NPCs died less; your companions were stronger in F:NV. Rex stole a lot of my kills, lol.

I liked both stories/plots, but somehow F:NV's appealed to me more. It had more content and more areas to cover, not to mention the various possible endgame results.
May 19, 2014 12:47 PM

May 2011
blossombomb said:
your companions were stronger in F:NV.

Dude, there is no way any of the companions in NV were as strong as Fawkes. You could drop a nuclear warhead on him and he wouldn't even get a scratch.
May 19, 2014 3:52 PM

Feb 2005
NV definitely. More interesting areas, characters and quests, better overall writing, just better overall.
May 19, 2014 3:53 PM

Sep 2011
sonnandeskcar said:
blossombomb said:
your companions were stronger in F:NV.

Dude, there is no way any of the companions in NV were as strong as Fawkes. You could drop a nuclear warhead on him and he wouldn't even get a scratch.

Boone >>>> Fawkes

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 19, 2014 4:30 PM

Jan 2011
sonnandeskcar said:

If you give Boone a sniper you don't have to shoot anyone ever again.
May 20, 2014 7:42 AM

Nov 2012
Fallout 3 by a long shot for me. I found NV to be empty and quite frankly, boring. Fallout 3 offered a uniquely dark atmosphere that kept me immersed in the game for countless hours. I do admit most of the quests were somewhat bland, especially the main campaign for the most part. Even so, what I found to be important to me in this game was the journey involved. It was far more memorable to me than NV.
May 20, 2014 10:05 AM

May 2014
People I know seem to prefer whichever they played first, for me that's NV. Going back to play 3 didn't give me the same feeling of epic exploration and thirst for loot that NV did.
May 20, 2014 3:30 PM
Jul 2018
New Vegas felt more immersive, had multiple endings you could pursue and the DLC's were far superior to those of the original Fallout 3 in my opinion. Also Hardcore Mode was a welcome addition as were several other mods that were made for Fallout 3 that were later added as in game features by Obsidian for New Vegas.
May 20, 2014 3:43 PM

Nov 2013
I've clocked 4500 hours on Fallout 3, and only 750 on NV. I haven't exactly determined why Fallout 3 had enough appeal for me to play it over so many times. Maybe because it's emptier? Fallout is a game where you can enjoy being alone. I feel that FO3 had a superior setting, and I think I listened to Three-Dog's entire routine enough times that I'll still remember it off by heart when I'm 80 (Though I doubt I'll live that long).

Fallout NV as a game? Practically flawless (Putting aside the countless annoying gliches present in both games). As something I enjoy? Average. The mysterious theme that was absent from both the isometric originals and NV, I haven't actually discovered.

From a personal standpoint, I vote FO3.
[center][size=85][b]MAL Interviews[/size] | [/size][size=85][b]MAL's Chatting Corner | [size=85][color=darkviolet]If you wear Caesar's clothes, you have to behave like Caesar.[/color][/size][/b]
May 20, 2014 10:41 PM
Feb 2014
Fallout 3:

• Immersive atmosphere.
• Better soundtrack.
• You can still play after the end, provided you own the Broken Steel DLC.

Fallout New Vegas:

• Closer to original Fallout titles.
• Far, far better dialogue and writing.
• Quite dark, but not devoid of humor.
• Thought-provoking choices that effect your ending.
• Non-linear storyline.
• Excellent DLCs, except for Honest Hearts.
• Interesting followers with their own quests and backstories.
• Not as unstable as its predecessor.
• More weapons, more quests, more gameplay mechanics (implants, crafting, weapon mods, ammo types etc.), more everything.
• Usually has better user mods on the Nexus network, as well as a more active modding community (though most have long since moved to Skyrim).

I've spent countless hours in Fallout 3 and enjoyed every moment of it, but New Vegas is better in almost every aspect. 10/10 ; would test Fisto again.
May 20, 2014 11:08 PM

Jan 2014
Fallout 3. Just due to mods.

I have mods that add literally hundreds of realistic firearms. Once you've played FO3 like this, there is no other shooter that can compare.

But then, I am a complete gun nut.
May 22, 2014 4:20 PM
Jul 2018
Jackrabb1t said:
Fallout 3. Just due to mods.

I have mods that add literally hundreds of realistic firearms. Once you've played FO3 like this, there is no other shooter that can compare.

But then, I am a complete gun nut.
New Vegas has most of the same mods from Fallout 3, and some can even work in New Vegas with a bit of tweaking. Unless there is a specific mod that New Vegas doesn't have maybe?
May 22, 2014 4:29 PM
Jul 2018
only thing in which f3 was better than f:nv was the music and some side quests imo
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

56 by BitChilly »»
3 hours ago

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

12 by Astachanna »»
4 hours ago

» Last game you purchased ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Completely_Numb - Mar 15, 2014

525 by Timeline_man »»
4 hours ago

» Stellar Blade Preview: Sekiro Meets NieR: Automata?

deg - Feb 1

28 by Shizuna »»
6 hours ago

» Add "you little bitch" to a video game quote. ( 1 2 3 )

Kajiuran - Oct 20, 2023

141 by Kajiuran »»
12 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.