Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 4, 2013 12:09 AM

May 2011
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Wow, all Kamiki's family has same face!
Dec 7, 2013 9:40 AM

Jul 2013
wait, there's a chapter 52 already? I'm only until 51 D:
Can you kindly link to where you read, it si vous plait? :o
Dec 9, 2013 12:18 AM

Nov 2011
It's out now...

Seems like Izumo met the Illuminati in the past before. Odd huh. I don't take all their words for granted though since kids are easy to deceive at someone her age at the time. What an ending this chapter though. She had a shitty childhood memory there and definitely not something pleasant.

Looking forward to next chapter.
Dec 9, 2013 2:55 AM

Dec 2013
So that's why Izumo's eyebrows are like that!
Dec 9, 2013 4:43 AM

Feb 2011
poor foxes, getting used for the homeworks
izumo's mother got heartbroken and the 9tailed fox got her over, for a moment it looked to me that she did it on purpose to make the father pay for not really loving her back
that business ticket in the end did its work, sneaky tickets
but izumo was also just desperate to rely on someone

@stark
"I don't take all their words for granted though since kids are easy to deceive at someone her age at the time."
the fact alone of trying to get advantage of izumo being a kid to try to get in is despicable, izumo had a way more mature reaction from what one would expect for her age at the time
ZeandoDec 9, 2013 4:37 PM

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Dec 9, 2013 4:48 AM

Apr 2010
Ah, silly woman, gets pissed at the kids cause the guy she loves doesn't want to see them. Good work, idiot lol. I really dislike characters like that in series.
Dec 9, 2013 2:11 PM

Dec 2009
SilentTruth said:
Wow, all Kamiki's family has same face!

Well, not all of them, we don't know what their father looks like. But, yes, they all look very much alike.

Millfeu said:
wait, there's a chapter 52 already? I'm only until 51 D:
Can you kindly link to where you read, it si vous plait? :o

For the translated version, check mangahere, mangafox, mangareader, or mangacat.

If you want the raws on the other hand, check mangasky or mangabee. For Ao no Exorcist, it's usually the first weak of every month like this month they got in on the fourth.

Stark700 said:
It's out now...

Seems like Izumo met the Illuminati in the past before. Odd huh. I don't take all their words for granted though since kids are easy to deceive at someone her age at the time. What an ending this chapter though. She had a shitty childhood memory there and definitely not something pleasant.

Looking forward to next chapter.

But even then Izumo wasn't so convinced, calling them "shady". Lol.. Her response was quite mature for one her age, and being able to spot their shadiness spot on. However, in the end, she did have to contact them when her mother became possessed. It makes you wonder, why didn't the exorcist step in? Where were they when this was going on?

Agreed, and now one can understand why she is so cold and her trust issues with everyone. Poor Izumo. Is it just me or did the Nine Tails resemble Satan in this chapter? One good thing though, Rin now has someone else he can really relate to.

Same here, the next chapter should answer more of our questions about Izumo, and probably answer the questions regarding the Illuminati's plans.

Zeando said:
poor foxes, getting used for the homeworks
izumo's mother got heartbroken and the 9tailed fox got het over, for a moment it looked to me that she did it on purpose to make the father pay for not really loving her back
that business ticket in the end did its work, sneaky tickets
but izumo was also just desperate to rely on someone

Yes, poor foxes, yet they didn't mind. Remember they did say that though they should hate it, they couldn't help but like Tamamo.

No. The mother had her own problems that she kept bottled up with the love for her daughters and childish delusions. When those delusions were crushed by the man she liked, the problems started to take hold. The 9-tails took the advantage and possessed her, but nobody noticed until now and she had become completely assimilated with the Nine Tails. She may have not completely meant what she said, but somewhere, she did feel those feelings.

She wasn't a completely bad mother, though. She did love her children, and tried to take care of them, but she was a grown woman acting like a teenager. She may have loved them, but she didn't show it often enough, nor was she there so that Izumo could confide in her about her problems outside of the shrine. That and she let a man, who doesn't like kids, control her feelings afterwards.. Not so much a good mother.

Yes it did, but you're right. In a situation like that she had to rely on someone for help, but it, again, brings up the question of why the exorcist didn't get involved sooner. Surely, Mephisto knew about the Life Taking Stone and would have had someone monitoring it.
lovelyphantomDec 9, 2013 2:20 PM

Dec 9, 2013 6:06 PM

Apr 2012
oh my that's really ironic :'(

So that's how beginning of the Illuminati involvement of Kamiki Family and dark period of Izumo.

waiting next...

Dec 9, 2013 10:24 PM

May 2012
Freakin Tama-chan, couldn't handle being the Kyuubi Jinchuuriki so she took it out on Izumo and others?! Weak. There was tons of great exposition in this chapter though. Solid chapter overall.
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Dec 10, 2013 3:48 PM
Jul 2018
Poor girl.
Dec 11, 2013 12:51 PM
Jan 2010
Looking back on it now, you can kind of see why Izumo didn't like Shiori at first, too much like her mother. (She was still pretty mean though.)
Dec 11, 2013 12:57 PM
Oct 2013
Damn. Kamiki needs therapy. but I wonder what happened after this, I hope next chapter clears up the rest.
yep. I Have no idea what I'm doing, but I enjoy my life all the more because of it.
Dec 12, 2013 4:48 PM
May 2013
This was a good chapter, now the previous two make sense, I was kind of lost
Dec 14, 2013 12:44 AM

Feb 2012
definitely gonna need to reread this arc after it ends, but seems like we're getting to the main part at least ^_^

still not really found of the whole "Illuminati" plot line, and I wonder if it even has anything to do with the main story line yet? right now everything feels like a divergent story, but we shall see when this manga ends :3

wondering if they'll all have some epicly grand battle against the nine tailed fox just like they did with the Impure king. hope this arc will let us see one of the demon lords, really wanna see the brothers (or sisters?) of Mephisto, Rin and Amaimon ^_^
Dec 16, 2013 7:45 PM

Jun 2013
So the guy doesn´t like kids and says he will break up with her if she even mentions them again... what? o_O
And she of course doesn´t say he should fuck off but still wants to be with a guy like that -.-
I will never understand people like that. If the one you love treats you like dirt how can you still love him/her. Get the fuck out of that relationship.
Dec 18, 2013 8:33 PM

May 2011
Ugh, Tamamo was terrible. But I would like to think that her change in personality was largely the workings of the fox getting a foothold. Maybe that's just wishful thinking but I want Izumo to be able to overcome the scars such an experience would have left by being able to forgive.
Dec 23, 2013 6:41 PM

May 2013
Oh damn, surprising chapter, glad they got some history in and Izumo's past ect.
Dec 28, 2013 9:14 AM
Jun 2013
Its weird that this came out at the same time as Historia's backstory in Shingeki no Kyojin, as they share incredibly similar elements.

The creepiest thing though is that Illuminati representative who looks EXACTLY like a grown-up Shiemi! Coincidence?
Jan 2, 2014 12:31 AM
Dec 2010
TsumetaiHNSN said:
The creepiest thing though is that Illuminati representative who looks EXACTLY like a grown-up Shiemi! Coincidence?
People were saying the same thing about Saburouta - some fans theorised that he was Yukio from the future before it was disproved.

Edit: I just had a thought, what if that's why Izumo didn't like Shiemi? She reminded Izumo of the Illuminati woman.
old_accFeb 15, 2014 11:52 PM
Mar 23, 2014 8:17 PM
Mar 2009
Wow, that lady from the Illuminati looks exactly like what I imagine Shiemi would look like all grown up.

Looks like the weird ass eyebrows thing runs in the family, haha.

So the mother let the man she loved, completely crush her love for her daughters and then grew weak willed from it.
Feb 24, 2016 9:00 AM

Aug 2014
Both the mother and that man were stupid, poor Tsukumo...
Feb 5, 2021 12:02 PM

Jan 2013
i bestow upon them parents of the year.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Chapter 145 Discussion

zombiewarrior88 - Nov 3, 2023

2 by landofthekwt »»
Apr 8, 7:21 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Chapter 149 Discussion

GrandstarKai - Apr 3

2 by zombiewarrior88 »»
Apr 3, 12:32 PM

» havent read the manga properly and now i have questions?

Hydroalbidius - Mar 23

1 by StarZone1 »»
Mar 24, 5:19 AM

» havent read the manga properly and now i have questions?

Hydroalbidius - Mar 23

1 by L1ssv_ »»
Mar 23, 2:09 PM

Poll: » Ao no Exorcist Chapter 148 Discussion

jonnjonzz - Feb 1

4 by Ittan_Momen »»
Feb 6, 11:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.