Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Monogatari Series: Second Season
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 23, 2013 7:29 AM

Apr 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lol I thought this week was gonna be a recap. Couldn't take Senjougahara seriously in those glasses.

Haven't seen Kaiki in a while. He did waaaaay too many headtilts this episode haha

New ED is nice.
Nov 23, 2013 7:39 AM

Apr 2009
that was brilliant

hitagi's beagle-puss and plots, kaiki's Hawaiian shirt and mental gymnastics.
Nov 23, 2013 8:30 AM

Mar 2010
Great quality. They retain the important aspects pretty well this time.
Great ED too.
Nov 23, 2013 8:40 AM

Jul 2013
KAIKI KAIKI KAIKI, HE IS BACK *RAWL*
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Nov 23, 2013 8:41 AM

Nov 2011
Oh damn, he is back indeed. Glorious episode. So glad it's not a recap and Senjouhara is brilliant as ever. Great stuff.

Love the music as well.
Nov 23, 2013 9:04 AM

Sep 2013
Is it really the final Monogatari like Kaiki said?
I mean is it really the final arc for this season? :(
Nov 23, 2013 9:33 AM

Jun 2013
ZE KUUDERE GODDESS HAS RETURNED!!!!!

PLUS DOCTOR WHOOOOOO!!!!
Nov 23, 2013 11:21 AM

Jul 2013
I was so ecstatic when I found out there was no recap this week :DDDDD

Brilliant episode as always and the way how the color schemes kept changing during the conversation was beautiful to watch. Loved how Senjougahara referred to Shinobu as the "loli-slave" (or at least from the daisuki translation)

Man I missed Kaiki and especially his ominous theme songs and it sounds like a new third one got added. Gotta get my hands on the BGM.
Nov 23, 2013 12:25 PM

Nov 2012
first of all.... SHIT! HELL YEAH! no recap! XD nice work team :3
and now..
damn kaiki has show his ass again now! XD really miss this man! XD
and then,
damn, I didn't except Senjougahara will burst it out in his FACE!
really need the subbed one.. XD

ihusmal1234 said:
Man I missed Kaiki and especially his ominous theme songs and it sounds like a new third one got added. Gotta get my hands on the BGM.

some one really like the BGM I see! XD

After watched the subbed one yey yeah! XD damn those conversations.. finally can understand it! XD
lol and still that scene when kaiki wearing aloha is really funny! XD
http://www.gifti.me/i/4pnu9dxlr.gif

anyway.. that "yes" in the end is really cool I think :3
YokamotaNov 24, 2013 7:08 AM
Nov 23, 2013 2:03 PM

Aug 2010
Yes yes YES YES YES! Finally see Senjougahara since the last she made an appearance was Neko white... Headtilts while drinking, nice.
Nov 23, 2013 2:26 PM
Dec 2012
Comical episode. Didn't imagine the fraud would show up again. That shrine looked like Shimogamo Shrine featured in Uchoten Kazoku. Maybe it was an allusive reference to that anime: both tanuki and frauds trick people.

The episode had the theatrical feel. I enjoyed his monologue scene in a restroom especially. He is Gaen's disciple!?
Nov 23, 2013 4:29 PM

Oct 2012
It's been so long, I had forgotten how great Kaiki was. Those disguises had me cracking up the whole episode, loved it.
Nov 23, 2013 5:02 PM

Oct 2013
SENJOUGAHARA-SAMA HAS RETURNED :D And so has Kaiki! Two brilliant minds at work now, to combat a god(dess) haha. I liked that Kaiki retained his "no work without profit" mentality and had to struggle to find something that would give him a legit reason to take the job lol
Nov 23, 2013 5:02 PM
Oct 2008
Great episode, but as Br4nd0nHeat said, the "final monogatari" propably means that it's the final arc in this season... i hope i'm wrong :)
Nov 23, 2013 5:06 PM

Nov 2012
She was willing to sell her body? Thats so fucked up. Kaiki is very cold hearted I'm surprised he's willing to help someone without profit, this "Gaen" person must be really important to him.
Nov 23, 2013 5:20 PM

Jul 2013
jayvon said:
She was willing to sell her body? Thats so fucked up. Kaiki is very cold hearted I'm surprised he's willing to help someone without profit, this "Gaen" person must be really important to him.

i think he wants to help her, but has to look for an actual reason befitting for his character so he can explains to the others.
look in the last scene beginning he said he would never help for free nor really wants to save araragi, gahara nor hanekawa. but as he rambles on, it becomes clear he wants to help them. then he realized the relationship between gaen, kanbaru, araragi and gahara. if someone else ask him now why he is working for free, he could now just say it was to repay an old debt to gaen

also she was saying this showing him how far she would go to save araragi. whether she would really do is another story, we probably will never know.

OT: after watching the subs:

gahara: where are you?
kaiki: [lieing] i am in osaka
gahara: very well, i will come over. but if you are not there, i will f'king kill you.
kaiki:... [boards plane to osaka]
current LN reading:
Death March kara hajimaru isekai kyousoukyoku
translated here
for those who are interested in other forums about animes, check randomc.net, reddit.com/r/anime and forum.animesuki.com
Nov 23, 2013 5:33 PM

Aug 2012
This was freakin perfect. I died when Kaiki got his ass on the plane. Those Gahara glasses were great, but so was Kaiki's Hawaiian getup with the shades. Wasn't that coffee that he sploshed in her face?

Love the subtle development there at the end, he thought so hard on a logical reason to help them, but how many of his "No Da's" were lies anyway?

Glad Hanekawa's using her trip abroad to find Oshino, hope that happens sooner than later.
Nov 23, 2013 5:36 PM
Oct 2013
Oh man, im so glad it isnt a recap episode
When i first heard that Kaiki was going to narrate the story, i was a bit skeptic. Man, i just love that man for how brutally honest he is. He is the bad guy in most cases but he sure teaches you some valuable lessons in life.
I have already spoiled myself with this story, lets just say that Hitagi is the perfect woman :)
PS
Gahara with glasses :3
Nov 23, 2013 5:38 PM
May 2013
Love this episode, Kanbaru Sugura is so mysterious now, why is Kaiki and Gaen so concerned about her so much? Makes me excited,
Nov 23, 2013 5:45 PM

Aug 2012
Oh, this is most certainly a great episode. Even is I can't trust anything to be truthful this arc, Keiki has at least promised me that the end of this arc will be glorious.

His Hawaiian shirt, oh god. The laughs.
Nov 23, 2013 6:01 PM
Apr 2012
This is just too good - Kaiki is the narrator. :3
Nov 23, 2013 6:02 PM

Jul 2010
KAIKI'S back! oh god he had to get on plane to Okinawa XD.He also bought some sweetass hawaiian shirt.
SENJOUGAHARA! i missed her so much.So damn much.Looking fabulous in those glasses.

Hoo, Kaiki will help them for free? I guess theres some past between him and Gaen.
Im seriously excited for this arc.Cannot wait another week to see whats next.
Nov 23, 2013 6:29 PM

Jun 2013
I have not laughed this hard all season. THOSE FUCKING DISGUISES!!!!

Glad that I won't have to take that last offer seriously. Kaiki got pissed!
Nov 23, 2013 6:50 PM

Jul 2010
Whaaat?! Gahara-san is willing to prostitute herself for Araragi?
I don't think Araragi would be happy if he lived because of that.

ZRShay said:
SENJOUGAHARA-SAMA HAS RETURNED :D And so has Kaiki! Two brilliant minds at work now, to combat a god(dess) haha. I liked that Kaiki retained his "no work without profit" mentality and had to struggle to find something that would give him a legit reason to take the job lol

I actually thought he was trying hard to "deceive" himself into doing it.
After all, there is nothing in this world he can't deceive.
Nov 23, 2013 6:50 PM

Feb 2013
Lol, I would have thrown my coffee in Senjougahara's face after she offered that too. That's just too fucked up imo, even if she was sure that they would die.
Nov 23, 2013 6:53 PM

Aug 2008
Was I the only one who was fooled by Hitagi's disguise? C'mon, let's be honest here.
Nov 23, 2013 6:59 PM

Jun 2013
^^I thought Mugimugi's avatar was Kanbaru with a mustache all this time!!!
Nov 23, 2013 7:01 PM

May 2013
It's hard taking Senjougahara seriously when she's wearing those gag glasses lol.
Nov 23, 2013 7:02 PM

Jul 2013
LOL, those Gahara's glasses. I want that shirt :D
Nice to see Senjougahara and Kaiki,again.
Nov 23, 2013 7:14 PM

Aug 2012
The new ED was nice :3
Nov 23, 2013 7:24 PM

Aug 2013
What's with the awesome negotiation episodes this week? First Log Horizon and now this, though this is more masterfully done :D

Laughed so hard when I saw Gahara's glasses. You could tell she's still doing that cold gaze (or is it a glare?) behind those glasses and that's what makes it funnier.

Kaiki and his awesomely sinister voice <3 Such a nice guy for even boarding that plane to Okinawa haha! Even throwing coffee at Senjougahara's face after she suggested prostitution. For someone who's seemingly heartless and only driven by monetary gain, he must really care a lot.

I wonder what the waitress was thinking seeing those two splash each other with drinks XD!
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Nov 23, 2013 7:43 PM

Nov 2013
YEAH! NO RECAP!
I was laughing through the whole conversation. I really love it when those two start conversing.
And thanks god, we'll be able to see what happens to nadeko.
No matter how uninteresting an anime series looks, watch it.
No matter how uninteresting an anime series is, watch it until the bitter end.
As it is the true essence of what makes one an anime warrior.
Nov 23, 2013 7:44 PM

Sep 2012
^^^ The waitress was thinking, "Good, I can sell more drinks!" LOL. Seriously I don't know what she was thinking...

When I originally read it, the "nose glasses" in my mind were cooler, like Morpheus' nose glasses from The Matrix. Senjougahara wearing Groucho glasses the entire episode made it very funny though Kaiki's Hawaii 5-O Terminator getup took the prize.
Nov 23, 2013 8:20 PM

Sep 2011
Wait did one of Kaiki scams force Senjougahara into prostitution? Was Kaiki talking about Senjougahara when he said that?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 23, 2013 8:28 PM

Aug 2012
ColdXClue said:
Wait did one of Kaiki scams force Senjougahara into prostitution? Was Kaiki talking about Senjougahara when he said that?
lolno
Nov 23, 2013 8:33 PM

Sep 2012
ColdXClue said:
She sort of offered her body for him to trick Nadeko into sparing her and Araragi, rather than the two of them dying on graduation day. Whether or not she really said that depends on how much of Kaiki's account you believe of course. But it isn't anything she has actually done to this point, she was just mentioning it. Love how she mentions Hanekawa casually as her classmate with really big boobs, in case that would somehow entice him to save them LOL
Nov 23, 2013 8:34 PM

Jun 2013
Nov 23, 2013 8:37 PM

Sep 2011
AlexTheRiot said:
ColdXClue said:
lolno

My Bad the way he was talking about a scam in the past and then it showed senjougahara led me to believe something might have happen in the past
ColdXClueNov 23, 2013 8:43 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 23, 2013 8:41 PM

Sep 2011
hpulley said:
ColdXClue said:
She sort of offered her body for him to trick Nadeko into sparing her and Araragi, rather than the two of them dying on graduation day. Whether or not she really said that depends on how much of Kaiki's account you believe of course. But it isn't anything she has actually done to this point, she was just mentioning it. Love how she mentions Hanekawa casually as her classmate with really big boobs, in case that would somehow entice him to save them LOL

I understood that part i was talking more about when he was thinking of reasons to help her in the bathroom. He mention a scam in the past prostitution and then it showed her.
ColdXClueNov 23, 2013 8:44 PM
Nov 23, 2013 9:02 PM

May 2012
I have waited too long for this. Sure, Hitagi is a great character, but based Kaiki is who is really going to carry this arc.

[color=#f3e7dd]join the quietly discursive at quiet discourse
Nov 23, 2013 9:30 PM
Mar 2012
I can feel it. This arc will be good.
Nov 23, 2013 9:56 PM

Jan 2012
I love Kaiki's narration and soliloquy xD
Nov 23, 2013 10:20 PM
Jul 2018
lol too bad theres only about one episode when both senjougahara and araragi were present :C
Nov 23, 2013 10:54 PM

Nov 2013
hpulley said:
Love how she mentions Hanekawa casually as her classmate with really big boobs, in case that would somehow entice him to save them LOL

Either that, or it's just what hanekawa is in senjougahara's mind. You know, araragi likes Hanekawa's big boobs.
No matter how uninteresting an anime series looks, watch it.
No matter how uninteresting an anime series is, watch it until the bitter end.
As it is the true essence of what makes one an anime warrior.
Nov 23, 2013 11:45 PM

Oct 2011
This episode was all sorts of brilliant. http://i.imgur.com/2RKzgUK.jpg
Nov 24, 2013 12:18 AM

Nov 2012
destructo22 said:
Was I the only one who was fooled by Hitagi's disguise? C'mon, let's be honest here.

Grouchio said:

lol same here :3
Nov 24, 2013 12:36 AM

Jan 2011
Just because there is a chance of Kanbaru being affected by thier deaths, he would deceive a god and save the two people he probably hates most. She must be really important to him.
[center]
Nov 24, 2013 12:39 AM

Dec 2012
I can't even begin to describe how happy I was to see Hitagi. The whole episode was just brilliant. I was super focused during her convo with Kaiki, a lot of great subtlety in this episode.

AlexTheRiot said:
T
Love the subtle development there at the end, he thought so hard on a logical reason to help them, but how many of his "No Da's" were lies anyway?

I thought the same thing, I keep wondering whether or not he is lying when he says anything. I loved the ''DoDa'' ''No Da's''' part and the part where Senjougahara lost to Kaiki in the disguises haha.

Grouchio said:

Lol, same here but ironically enough I stumbled upon the original pic two days before this episode aired.

Full picture: http://i1344.photobucket.com/albums/p654/AraragixHitagi/tumblr_mmdruc3FCk1qz7x00o1_1280_zpsfd242994.jpg
Nov 24, 2013 2:04 AM

Jan 2013
Fantastic episode. A bad episode is impossible at this point.
Really liking all these points of view this season
Nov 24, 2013 3:09 AM

Aug 2008
Even evil has standards. The monologue was great, the BGM entertaining and it was an amusing watch overall.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 6, 2013

432 by Kiikani »»
Apr 25, 11:39 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 14, 2013

101 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 16, 7:01 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Amarrez - Dec 28, 2013

723 by Yubisoft »»
Apr 16, 2:04 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2013

245 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 12, 3:44 PM

Poll: » Monogatari Series: Second Season Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

204 by SouthRzVa »»
Apr 11, 8:08 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.