Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Nov 18, 2013 4:17 PM
Feb 2013
I just finished the anime and am now planning on reading the manga. However, I am trying decide if I should start from where the show leaves off or just read from the beginning. Were there anything at the beginning of the manga that wasn't in the anime that play a crucial role later on?
Nov 20, 2013 1:12 AM

Apr 2009
From chapter 1. Every anime adaption cuts a lot of content. Either supernatural elements (TV series) or just 50% of all scenes (the movies). Trust me, it is worth reading Golden Age again.
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Nov 20, 2013 1:28 AM

Dec 2012
Anime starts at Vol 3, Chap 4
Ends at Vol 13, Chap 6
Nov 23, 2013 12:20 PM
Feb 2013
Nidhoeggr said:
From chapter 1. Every anime adaption cuts a lot of content. Either supernatural elements (TV series) or just 50% of all scenes (the movies). Trust me, it is worth reading Golden Age again.

Thanks, I decided to read from the start.
Mar 5, 2018 5:01 AM

Feb 2013
tsudecimo said:
Anime starts at Vol 3, Chap 4
Ends at Vol 13, Chap 6

Thank you kind sir, this is the most helpful answer I found so far.

Pardon the forbidden art of necromancy but I though I might aswell bump this in case anyone else is looking for this answer.
Mar 5, 2018 6:37 AM

Apr 2017
PzKpfw_VI_Tiger said:
Pardon the forbidden art of necromancy but I though I might aswell bump this in case anyone else is looking for this answer.

Why would they though? The anime adapted volumes should not be skipped as the anime leaves out and changes many things that are important. The anime is just a summary and not the full story.
Mar 5, 2018 7:27 AM

Feb 2013
zodd0 said:
PzKpfw_VI_Tiger said:

Why would they though? The anime adapted volumes should not be skipped as the anime leaves out and changes many things that are important. The anime is just a summary and not the full story.

Well I've seen a lot of topics with "where should one pick up after watching anime" questions and out of all the answers this one is the most accurate. Some people don't have enough free time to read something they watched already or simply can't be bothered to do so just because of say 20% extra content or whatever...

Anime always skips some stuff due to time and other limitations but it still has the most important details so anyone who watched anime will not be lost if he picks up manga after where the anime left if they just want to continue the story they are interested in...

I'd myself watch anime instead of reading manga most of the time but the sequels with 3d cgi felt so awkward painful to watch ugh... I'm planning to watch 3rd movie because I heard it add back some of the stuff original anime skipped like skeletal knight and after that I'll probably read manga from beginning untill vol 3 ch 4 and continue from where anime left off at Vol 13 Chap 6. Back in the day if I enjoyed anime I picked up manga from beginning and read it anyways as I had plenty of time, nowadays not so much. Been wanting to read Tasogare Otome x Amnesia manga for a long time but just don't find enough time or just find enough excuses not to read it.
PzKpfw_VI_TigerMar 5, 2018 7:32 AM
Mar 5, 2018 8:57 AM

Apr 2017
PzKpfw_VI_Tiger said:
Well I've seen a lot of topics with "where should one pick up after watching anime" questions and out of all the answers this one is the most accurate. Some people don't have enough free time to read something they watched already or simply can't be bothered to do so just because of say 20% extra content or whatever...

Anime always skips some stuff due to time and other limitations but it still has the most important details so anyone who watched anime will not be lost if he picks up manga after where the anime left if they just want to continue the story they are interested in...

People who ask that might not simply be aware of how good the manga is and how much the anime (a.k.a. manga-trailer) actually skips, as was clearly the case with OP since he decided to read it all. No, they might not be lost, but they won't understand things 100% either. And from my experience it's common for people to misunderstand characters in Berserk. Skipping parts of the manga won't help with that of course.

If you wanna know how Rickert was saved, how much Guts truly understand Casca's pain, the true reasons for why the princess hates her dad plus much more regarding her, how Guts know Silat, everything regarding Skull Knight, much additional depth that adds knowledge and understanding about the story - then reading the manga is the only way.

I would never recommend skipping Berserk chapters, but you do what you wanna do, each to their own.

Mar 16, 2018 6:21 PM

May 2016
At the beginning duh... ask a dumb question get a dumb answer.
Dec 17, 2018 8:14 PM

Sep 2017
Most people mentioned about reading manga from the beginning, but if you don't want to waste time then, read 1st 3 volumes and read from vol 8 onwards. Cos the story is almost the same until then, only small changes take place and it has little more humour and dark feel unlike anime

More topics from this board

» Berserk Golden Age Sequel

18927 - Apr 21

22 by eaten-apple »»
Apr 22, 4:15 AM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Friendlysoul - Mar 11, 2008

514 by RaphaOtakuBr »»
Apr 12, 11:03 AM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zell182 - Aug 5, 2009

76 by RaphaOtakuBr »»
Apr 12, 10:02 AM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zell182 - Aug 5, 2009

78 by RaphaOtakuBr »»
Apr 11, 11:23 PM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zell182 - Aug 5, 2009

82 by RaphaOtakuBr »»
Apr 11, 10:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.