Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 11, 2008 5:12 PM

Oct 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
That was it???
What is wrong with that ending!? Its all messed up...
But i have to say it was really gruesome... Watching Grif-san like that before he changed, so fragile... I guess that is how his hate build up...

9/10
Mar 14, 2008 10:29 PM

Jul 2007
We did not even get to see how Guts escaped. It really seemed like the anime ended prematurely. And who was the Snake Griffith demon at the beginning. And of course the big unresolved thread would be, what happened to Griffith.

Guess I should read the manga.
Mar 30, 2008 4:42 AM

Feb 2008
Griffith, that as"hole!!! Never liked him!!!
Poor Casca, :((((((((((((((((((wtf
Apr 7, 2008 5:42 AM

Mar 2008
Griffith sure is an idiot, but I guess that being tortured for a year must've made him a little screwed in the head, to say the least. And what's with the woman lips? xD

Anyway, this ending seemed like the season ending.. even though there is nothing else (animated) on Berserk, it did seem like a cliffhanger for the second season. And it didn't even reach the events on the first episode. If they did a 1st episode so far in the future from the rest of the series, they could, at the very least, reach it by the end of the series. :(

Looks like I'm gonna have to hunt for the manga on this one, as I was definitely not satisfied with the "ending", if it can be called that.
Apr 14, 2008 10:02 AM
Sep 2007
Read the manga from the start, they left out allot of stuff.
Hi
Apr 20, 2008 1:58 PM

May 2007
It would be nice if this was picked up again... but guess it won't. T_T It's been such a long time since I finished it but I am unfortunately still craving more to this day... as I am sure lot's of people are.
May 14, 2008 4:21 AM

Aug 2007
Second season is imperative.

WANT.

MUST.

NEED.

Like, what the hell happened at the end? It didn't even show what happened to Guts eye properly... my poor husband...

Griffith didn't seem to happy, but Caska looked like she was alright? x)?
Jun 5, 2008 9:34 AM

Dec 2007
someone revive this anime once again, I want to see Girffith dead!
Jun 6, 2008 12:33 AM

May 2008
Wow a cliffhanger ending :S tons of unanswered questions, are the answers in the manga, because i really wanna know what the hell happened between the last episode and the first, and what happends also after the first episode... its all just too messed up i think they really need to make a second season.
Jun 6, 2008 1:33 AM

Nov 2007
djinn_690 said:
Wow a cliffhanger ending :S tons of unanswered questions, are the answers in the manga, because i really wanna know what the hell happened between the last episode and the first, and what happends also after the first episode... its all just too messed up i think they really need to make a second season.

The events in the first episode take place about 2 years after the eclipse, Guts has pretty much been killing apostles and fighting off demons for two years. However the anime and manga actually start off differently. The first episode anime has Guts killing an apostle and taking its behelit and the second episode going into the 'flashback' golden age arc.

The manga on the otherhand starts similar with Guts killing an apostle, but it doesn't go into the 'flashback' right away. (I guess I'll spoiler the rest, even if it just spoils the first 3 volumes)
RolexJun 6, 2008 2:20 AM
Jun 6, 2008 10:41 AM

May 2008
Astaroth said:
The events in the first episode take place about 2 years after the eclipse, Guts has pretty much been killing apostles and fighting off demons for two years. However the anime and manga actually start off differently. The first episode anime has Guts killing an apostle and taking its behelit and the second episode going into the 'flashback' golden age arc.

The manga on the otherhand starts similar with Guts killing an apostle, but it doesn't go into the 'flashback' right away. (I guess I'll spoiler the rest, even if it just spoils the first 3 volumes)

Wow that makes me with this was a long running series, it would have made a much better long-running anime than naruto or bleach.
Jun 20, 2008 3:24 PM

Jun 2008
THAT IS NOT A FUCKING ENDING!!! i was all into it and then it just stopped. it doesn't show what happens. How does Guts escape? does Casca survive? and why the fuck did Griffith go along with his so called "destiny" doesn't he care about anyone other then himself. jeez that ending pissed me off

Jun 23, 2008 9:37 PM
Oct 2007
Perfect way to attract people to manga :3

Because of this last episode I still can't decide whether rate it with 9 or 10, I'm changing score of this anime constantly D:
Jun 25, 2008 10:58 AM

Jan 2008
Well, I've tried to read the manga- but I didnt like it...

I think they should have finished the series or shouldnt have animated it at all...

It is as a half- baked cake now...Cause stomach pain at the end...
Jul 20, 2008 6:38 PM

Mar 2008
I haven't read the manga, but I intend to. Just because I have to now. I really disliked the last three episodes... it just seemed so far away, so different, from the 22/23 episodes I've just been watching. Wtf.
Jul 21, 2008 8:45 PM
Apr 2008
ultrarealism said:
I haven't read the manga, but I intend to. Just because I have to now. I really disliked the last three episodes... it just seemed so far away, so different, from the 22/23 episodes I've just been watching. Wtf.

Your right man, I totally agree.
But the action was good though, too bad they didn't made it so they could show the escape, since you see that at the first ep or something that he uses his canon on a demon (of the arm he sliced off), and the mark on his neck.
It would be really good if they continued, but i don't think so since the anime is announced some years ago.
I guess I'll have to start the manga or something... =/
Jul 23, 2008 6:02 PM

Apr 2008
8/10

The anime ending really suck.

I don't like to read Manga. I am mad.
Sep 30, 2008 12:28 AM

Jan 2008
djinn_690 said:
Wow that makes me with this was a long running series, it would have made a much better long-running anime than naruto or bleach.

However this is a much more adult show and thus won't get support from the age group that would also watch naruto and bleach... damn kids.

Why do all the good animes never have the full ending they deserve?! Sigh, I'm just complaining now.

Oct 2, 2008 4:27 AM
Jun 2007
Best episode of Berserk by far. I'm looking forward to the manga.
Casca's rape scene was so sad ;_; Poor Guts, seeing his lover in ecstacy by the man who used to be Griffith...
Oct 10, 2008 3:16 PM

Nov 2007
erm,that ending was awful,tons of unanswered questions...gotta read the manga now :/
Oct 10, 2008 3:35 PM

Nov 2007
hatsuseno said:
Casca's rape scene was so sad ;_; Poor Guts, seeing his lover in ecstacy by the man who used to be Griffith...

lol in ecstacy? Either you misinterpreted what happened, or the anime changed how the scene played out.
Oct 14, 2008 2:38 PM

Jun 2008
What the fucking shit balls was up with this ending?

I'm confused.
(づ°‿°.)づ
Oct 29, 2008 12:44 PM

Sep 2008
Are they ever going to make berserk again? :(

This was one of the best anime ever, at least for me.
Oct 29, 2008 2:05 PM
Dec 2007
This entire thing was an advertisement of the manga. If u watched this and loved this, than the manga will serve you well. and that cliff hanger at the end there was just agonizing. I had to read about... 8 volumes of manga thanks to them. I am ALMOST to the same place. But yeah..... the manga is of course better. Sad to say but this definitely takes the cake.....
Nov 8, 2008 8:18 AM

Apr 2008
just because you like animes doesnt mean you like mangas. that's the truth for me at least. anyway i loved the whole series. i loved the character development of the romantic of a berserk. no thinking but fighting and not to care for any pain. however 3 more minutes to see how things turned out wouldn't be a too bad idea because i hate unfinished things ;(
Nov 14, 2008 9:42 AM

Feb 2008
hmm it seems they probably wanted to make a S2 but didn't do it. The ending clearly gives the impression there is more. you watch it and you're like, Thats it? i enjoyed watching it, and they build up to that end very well.

i think they should make a season 2 and pick up where they left off. or maybe do 3 or 4 OVAs or something. since i tend to stay away from mangas when i plan to watch the anime, which is 99% of the titles, i may never read the manga since good always triumph haha. or at the very least the protagonist always wins, even if they die.
Nov 14, 2008 5:34 PM

Sep 2008
Show is 10 years old, no way there is going to be S2.

I don't really like reading manga, but berserk is an exception. I just love it, I loved anime, and I love manga. Still while reading manga I can hear voices in my head(no, not crazy voices), the voices of the characters while I read, it gives me better concentration...
Nov 27, 2008 11:38 AM

Feb 2008
Awful ending to a great series. The manga is SO much better, highly recommend it.
Overall, this was quite good. Gets a 9/10 from me.

Also, I really hope one day, this gets the same treatment as Hellsing Ultimate OVA. It would, most likely, be one of the best animes in existence.
Nov 30, 2008 2:08 AM

Jul 2008
ultrarealism said:

Agreed also. The ending seemed very rushed, which was a shame because before I saw the ending I was considering giving this series an 8, but dropped it down to a 7. I intend to read the manga now to perhaps scope out an ending I feel is more fitting to a series that I generally enjoyed.

Dec 13, 2008 5:01 AM

Nov 2007
I dropped it down from a 8 to a 5. Why?
Because unfinished anime is unfinished. it wasn't even a season ending. More like an episode ending. But wait, where's the next one?
Dec 14, 2008 4:59 PM

Feb 2008
I don't recall being that disturbed by the ending except that it felt somewhat deus ex machina. Most of the questions left unanswered are rather easily figured out with a functional brain, if you have one.
Dec 21, 2008 10:46 AM

Apr 2008
I just wonder,is there anywhere online I can find the manga? I would love a reply on this. I can't stop now..
Dec 21, 2008 5:55 PM

Apr 2008
Wow.... I was shitting my pants till the last second and then, thats it?! WOW. God knows I dislike manga but damn I really wanna know wtf happend and how he got out of that hellish place...can any1 just spoil it and tell me how he got out?
Dec 21, 2008 6:01 PM

Nov 2007
Siefer said:
can any1 just spoil it and tell me how he got out?

sure why not.
Jan 4, 2009 3:41 PM

Oct 2007
Man...really an awful ending to a great series. But I guess I will read the manga now, my first XD
Feb 10, 2009 2:46 AM

Dec 2007
holy shit, that was one awesome anime but the ending was so messed up.... where the hell is episode 26????

i would have giving this anime a perfect 10/10 score if it wasnt for the ending but now i have to drop it down to a 9/10

this weekend i will probably buy the first 5 volumes or so of the manga and start reading that :)
Mar 9, 2009 12:19 PM

Aug 2008
i really liked the anime until the final episode. it is clearly unfinished and simply left a bad taste in my mouth. that some supernatural force just wipes everyone out and yet Guts somehow escapes (though we aren't told how).

i really got to pick up the manga to figure out what actually happened but they took down the Berserk chapters from onemanga :(
Mar 10, 2009 4:48 AM

Mar 2009
I first watched this series in a group, and it was clear that a lot of people were disappointed with the ending. It's true that the ending turns the rest of the series upside-down, and it leaves a lot of questions, without bringing much in the way of closure. But, the ending was so awesomely epic that I can't believe anybody could possibly think it was 'bad'. It was one of the greatest endings I've ever seen. And it was the perfect compliment to the rest of the series. Everything built up to that ending, even though it went far beyond anything you would normally expect.

Some people here are saying that the ending caused them to rate the series lower than they were planning to, but it caused me to rate it higher. It elevated the series from "great" to "masterpiece". But then, I'm a fan of wtf endings. I was happy with the TV ending for Eva. How could a mundane, tie-up-the-loose-ends ending possibly be more entertaining?
Apr 2, 2009 9:19 PM

Dec 2007
Well, that left me with some serious blue-balls. I have to start reading more of the manga.

#NBHNC
Apr 14, 2009 11:26 AM

Dec 2007
IIRC There was supposed to be an episode 26 but they ran out of time or money. One or the other, but the Anime is superb and it's still just buildup for the even godlier manga. I highly suggest you all read it. The anime only covers 1/3 of the story so far, and the series isnt even halfway finished yet. :]
Apr 21, 2009 3:12 PM

Mar 2008
That is probably the worst unresolved cliffhanger ending I've ever seen. I want to know what happens next. Now I'm going to have to go read the manga. What an amazing show. I wish they had been able to continue it.
May 2, 2009 4:14 PM

Mar 2008
Am I the only one who thinks that the show is awesome to end at ep 25
I think thats the best ending for a guro show. it's supposed to make the audient feel that way
May 7, 2009 2:36 PM

Jan 2008
dragonshade said:
Am I the only one who thinks that the show is awesome to end at ep 25
I think thats the best ending for a guro show. it's supposed to make the audient feel that way

I would have agreed if episode 1 wasn't after episode 25, as it is tho, i want to know what happened in between =(

Is the manga finished?
May 12, 2009 8:02 AM

Jan 2009
Straw_Hat_Kai said:

Is the manga finished?

No.

Well, manga too starts with the happening after the eclipse, so you can't really criticize the order of the episodes. You may criticize the point at which it ends, but i think the animators did great job. After all we did get the explanation of what we saw at the beginning, but what happens next is for us to find out by reading manga, which is amazing, simply piece of art.
May 21, 2009 10:12 PM
Feb 2009
just thought I'd mention there is 48 extra seconds after the credits I missed the first time through

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NaVbWqa-Cs

its adds some closure, but I'm still quite distraught at this ending.
May 31, 2009 6:58 PM
Jan 2009
Um.... the ending didn't really, well... end.
It doesn't really explain what happened.
Jun 2, 2009 12:26 AM

Dec 2008
I'm sorry, but I think the ending was PERFECT. It was just enough to have you wanting more. I wish with all my might that they made another season but I guess you could read the manga. Either way, I know what happens after so I don't feel as if I'm in the dark about what happens to the characters.
Jun 11, 2009 1:27 PM

Apr 2009
they didnt show in the anime how guts was raped by a mercenary (

anyway manga > anime period.
Jun 15, 2009 11:29 AM
Dec 2008
The anime berserk,as I heard,was made with a very low budget,as you can notice looking at the outdated art even for that time and a very crappy op. I guess that violent shows such as this one,that aired/air late at night,aren't very well worth the money invested in it. However,this anime just served as an advertisement for the manga,and berserk manga is a definition of awesome..
Jun 15, 2009 11:35 AM
Dec 2008
Minn said:
The anime berserk,as I heard,was made with a very low budget,as you can notice looking at the outdated art even for that time and a very crappy op. I guess that violent shows such as this one,that aired/air late at night,aren't very well worth the money invested in it. However,this anime just served as an advertisement for the manga,and berserk manga is a definition of awesome..

Can't agree in any aspect of your definition , pal.

Pages (11) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Berserk Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zell182 - Aug 5, 2009

76 by RaphaOtakuBr »»
Apr 12, 10:02 AM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 23 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zell182 - Aug 5, 2009

78 by RaphaOtakuBr »»
Apr 11, 11:23 PM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zell182 - Aug 5, 2009

82 by RaphaOtakuBr »»
Apr 11, 10:43 PM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Zell182 - Aug 5, 2009

87 by RaphaOtakuBr »»
Apr 11, 9:57 PM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 20 Discussion

Zell182 - Aug 5, 2009

49 by RaphaOtakuBr »»
Apr 11, 6:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.