Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 16, 2013 1:52 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Not bad, not bad at all. I like the animation style of this adaptation since I wasn't too fond of The Woman Called Fujiko Mine's artwork.

Action was alright but I liked the way the OST plays in the background. Seems like Lupin gets himself into trouble again like usual lol. Overall, it was a fun ride. I wasn't too fond of Yutika although some of her fighting styles surprised me.

Dat childhood: http://i.imgur.com/HsDNZkA.jpg
Nov 23, 2013 6:16 AM
Apr 2011
You're right, this special bring back the "Real" Lupin.
I realy enjoyed this anime....

btw,i don't like the artwork from "The Woman Called Fujiko Mine" too...
too bad the video i watched is have a glitch, but the subs from TSAMA is good, on par with Frostii.
i hope they gonna make another special next year.
Nov 23, 2013 11:59 AM

Jan 2008
Personally I loved "The Woman Called Fujiko Mine" artwork, but "Princess of the Breeze" wasn't bad at all. Those shiny-glimmery eyes of Lupin caught my heart and didn't want to let go ;)
I'm still fresh to Lupin franchise, but I think I overally get the idea behind major characters alreadyy and their portayal was fine by me. Secondary characters (aside from Ziva and Camilla) were seriously lacking though. Yutika would be fine with a little more background story, Rasha and Shion just were (not to mention Shion's completely illogical issues in the end). But it was fun, so 7 in the end. If other specials prove to be better, then maybe I will change to 6.
Nov 23, 2013 12:15 PM

Nov 2012
Great Lupin III special, totally enjoyed this movie.

I'm confused about one thing though..., isn't Yutika the older sister of Rasha? Which would mean that she would be the Queen now that Shion is dead. Why was she an imperial guard and her sister the queen? :S
Nov 23, 2013 1:27 PM

Jan 2008
Rasha still doesn't know and Yutika didn't want the throne in favor for her old comrades. At least that's how I see it.
Nov 23, 2013 3:29 PM
Apr 2011
Ciara said:
Personally I loved "The Woman Called Fujiko Mine" artwork, but "Princess of the Breeze" wasn't bad at all. Those shiny-glimmery eyes of Lupin caught my heart and didn't want to let go ;)
I'm still fresh to Lupin franchise, but I think I overally get the idea behind major characters alreadyy and their portayal was fine by me. Secondary characters (aside from Ziva and Camilla) were seriously lacking though. Yutika would be fine with a little more background story, Rasha and Shion just were (not to mention Shion's completely illogical issues in the end). But it was fun, so 7 in the end. If other specials prove to be better, then maybe I will change to 6.

You're right, thoose shining eyes is so tempting, i think only in theese special, they make Lupin with thoose eyes.

i'am became a fan of Lupin franchise after saw Lupin III vs Detective Conan, because Lupin is so cool and funny, and Fujiko is so sexy.
then i download all the Lupin movies, special and ova.
i download the old tv series, but i give up after watch about 50 episode, it's artwork is too old for me.
so, Ciara, you should try all the Lupin franchise if you like this one, some of them much better than this one.

ps: there is new fix for this anime on Nyaa, it fix the video missing from previous one.
Nov 25, 2013 7:53 AM

Jan 2008
@sukanime, I started with Fujiko Mine and then watched vs. Detective Conan special. Then went to some shorts and currently preparing for the first TV season. I'm definitely going to watch the whole franchise in the future because, well, that's a classic and I like that unique ganster + adventure style also Jigen, why so hot. And I'm pretty sure some I will stumble across better specials looking at how "only okay" is Princess of the Breeze in certain places.
Cheers to you!
Dec 1, 2013 2:40 AM
Apr 2011
Ciara said:
@sukanime, I started with Fujiko Mine and then watched vs. Detective Conan special. Then went to some shorts and currently preparing for the first TV season. I'm definitely going to watch the whole franchise in the future because, well, that's a classic and I like that unique ganster + adventure style also Jigen, why so hot. And I'm pretty sure some I will stumble across better specials looking at how "only okay" is Princess of the Breeze in certain places.
Cheers to you!

I'am glad you like it... ^_^

Yesterday i just rewatch this special, somehow, her little sister is much better princess... :)

Cheers to you too... ^_^
Jan 4, 2014 2:10 PM

Feb 2011
Great special! Definitely an improvement from 2012's special, which I didn't really like. Jigen was also badass as always, he will always be my favorite character. I think my favorite scenes were definitely those from the bar. Both hilarious and pretty exciting.

Also, the ending song has an incredibly familiar melody. Sounds like something out of a Ghibli movie, but I can't recall which one...
Sep 23, 2014 3:57 AM

May 2013
I think the ending song was from Lupin the Third: Castle of Cagliostro, but I'm not sure.
If any of you guys haven't watched it, it's really worth watching.

Best Lupin movie I've ever seen.
Aug 19, 2019 4:55 AM

Sep 2011
Eh, this one wasn't exciting at all... The baby wasn't even cute, and was that "filled" diaper really necessary? Shion's hatred felt so misdirected too. It isn't explained in detail how the coup d'état went down, but why would he hate his country and its people when they were, presumably, only being used? And why didn't he want the world to know about the baby if he wasn't important to the plot at all besides the fact that he ate the key to the treasure? At least Yutika was kind of cool, and I love that Goemon went back to Japan twice just to buy a traditional toy and some konpeito to the baby, the world doesn't deserve him.

Fujiko didn't have much screen time unfortunately, but I liked the brief scene in which she fights against Lupin using a whip, it's a really cool weapon and it would be nice to see her using it more. The karma guy was creepy, but he couldn't win against Goemon, and Jigen after he had a bit of help from the baby to come back to his senses. And this is a nitpick, but why is it always Lupin I who left something written and never Lupin II? Was Lupin's father's adventures so boring/perfect that he never felt the need to leave something for his son? xD Welp, all that trouble for a corkscrew and a whole lot of treasure/"soul" wasted, huh. Oh, and the CGI with the vehicles was bad.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.