Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 12, 2013 9:58 PM
Mar 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
pending_deletionJan 14, 2018 7:39 PM
Nov 23, 2013 8:19 PM

Nov 2010
One of those cases we won't be able to get unless we know Japanese. I remember who did it though.

And it's funny that Conan was overthinking the X thing.
Feb 11, 2014 1:31 AM

Jul 2008
XOXOXO...

Anyway, Jodie is back...what is her angle, I don't think she is Black Org, but she's no teacher.
Mar 13, 2014 6:13 PM

May 2011
WolfWood37 said:
XOXOXO...

Anyway, Jodie is back...what is her angle, I don't think she is Black Org, but she's no teacher.

nah, she's from the black organization because she called Conan by "cool guy" so as that man who cut his hair from the black org (Haibara's ex), he called Conan by "cool guy" or "cool boy"
maybe she's from the black org, but she don't want to harm Shinchi.. or maybe she's waiting for the right time to make her moves :o

OT
dying message.. lol
i think dying message is a Japanese word that borrowed from English so as many other words

After searching: No, it isn't.. it's a pure English collocation ^^
Mar 28, 2016 5:24 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
WhiteHalmos said:

I wonder what X means... :-\

That made me lol xD

Aug 12, 2017 9:39 AM

Jul 2008
I complain about this a lot in these threads, but it really is upsetting that so many Conan episodes have such lackluster translations. Tons of dialogue is only half translated, and some lines (even really simple stuff like scary and cute being switched) are completely mistranslated. (What is also really strange to me is that the there is a TL note for Jodie's Japanese mistake midway through the episode, but near the end they say the square symbol is the kanji for "month" (it is mouth, not month). I guess that part could just be a typo, but...the gaps in the translation quality even within a single episode are really strange). It would be cool if somehow CR could retroactively re-sub the first like 700 episodes of this show.

~~~

It is pretty disturbing that they didn't just find the man's corpse outside. He died between them calling the police and the police arrive....so they basically witnessed him bleed out. (edit: OMG JK the escalator was still moving so the body was moving with it. I totally thought he was breathing heavily, haha)

I assume the X Jodie taught in class is hug/kiss from xoxo or something. No idea what the X from the case means though.

Gar_LoganAug 12, 2017 9:53 AM
Feb 23, 2021 5:27 AM

Jun 2017
It's surprising Conan didn't know about "X" given that he could easily decipher almost any code in every case.

She got him back. If you understand the characters well enough, you'd know she did!
Mar 19, 2021 2:41 PM

Jan 2016
Bro Sonoko just said call Shinichi right in front of Jodie. I mean I know she already suspects Shinichi isn’t dead but still, it just confirms it more for the black organization.

May 6, 2022 9:44 PM

Nov 2021
Conan, u gotta realize Ms. Jodie is part of 'em ahhhhhhhhh and the real meaning of 'X' \lmao
neeJayMay 6, 2022 9:49 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 316 Discussion

IntroverTurtle - Nov 27, 2013

5 by KoniginElle »»
Yesterday, 11:08 AM

Poll: » Meitantei Conan Episode 1121 Discussion

hai_X_is - Apr 27

3 by Ranxomare »»
May 7, 9:47 AM

Poll: » Meitantei Conan Episode 1122 Discussion

hai_X_is - May 4

5 by alshu »»
May 6, 9:24 AM

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 1090 Discussion

Mayuka - Jul 15, 2023

10 by Rithic »»
May 5, 11:35 AM

Poll: » Detective Conan Episode 1086 Discussion

anime-prime - Jun 11, 2023

10 by Rithic »»
May 2, 2:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.