Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 20, 2016 2:28 AM
Jul 2015
It really is driving me crazy how Ryuuji is so dense and cannot realize that Taiga loves him, and that he loves Taiga. There are just so many signs like Taiga not being shy around Kitamura anymore is a big one. It really makes me sad to how despite Taiga loving Ryuuji, she is trying her best to pair him up with Minori so that he will be happy; sacrificing someone you love to another person so they can be happy, that's true love! It's really becoming like another White Album 2 saga (haven't actually watched that anime yet but I more or less know what happens).

Anyways recalling back to episode 19 when Minori saw Taiga outside of her apartment crying and screaming out Ryuuji's name, I have a hunch on how this might end.

Ryuuji will probably muster up the courage to confess to Minori once again, and though it is evident now that Minorin does like him she will most likely reject him, but not just simply reject him as she did in episode 19. Ryuuji will probably demand why, and she will probably say that she does like him but then she will probably tell him about that night when she saw poor little Taiga crying outside of her apartment for him. He'll then finally come to this big realization that Taiga loves him, and he loves her and we will have our nice and happy TaigaxRyuuji ending :)
The first step in solving any problem is recognizing there is one.
Jun 28, 2016 8:13 PM
Mar 2015
Alright episode.

Anyone want to explain why that one guy was cross-dressing with Taiga's clothes?
Oct 9, 2016 1:55 PM

Jul 2014
Getting pretty tired of all this obliviousness.
Nov 27, 2016 11:14 AM

Nov 2015

Minori and Ryuuji are so sweet together but sorry Minori, you need to be the female MC to be with him, I guess.

Taiga is putting her role as best friend above of her selfish feelings. We know this is a "meanwhile" stage but it still has its merits.

PD: I dig the new hairstyle of Ami. I liked it. Minori's is so subtle I barely noticed it xD
May 9, 2017 5:39 AM

Feb 2013
It's becoming even more annoying.
Ryuuji hasn't figured out that Taiga likes him now, he is lame too, just like Ami and Minori.
Taiga and Kitamura are the only good characters of this anime.
Nov 17, 2017 2:38 AM

Apr 2009
Kumojaki said:

I'm not a really big fan of Taiga as of late. Seriously, she was adorable the first few episodes where she was all shy around Kitamura and stuff. Now she's just different that I don't really like her as much.

Wow, I'm exactly the opposite. Taiga was unbearable at the beginning, to the point of me wondering why Ryuji puts up with her behaviour, and no amount of blushing around Kitamura could soften her weird character. Now you can tell she's grown as a person, she's finally a really cool girl. I even started rooting for a Taiga/Takasu ending, and it's pretty late in the series.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Feb 11, 2018 4:06 PM

Sep 2017
I have to agree with Ami on this one, Ryuuji trying to get closer to Minori is only going to cause more heartache in the end, and that's a shame

I can understand why Taiga and Ryuuji have been oblivious to their feelings until now, but know they've both had moments where they've been aware of how they feel, they should really each be able to notice how the other reacts and behaves and consider the idea that they both feel the same way.
Feb 18, 2018 5:57 AM
Dec 2017
Something feel not fine!! if Taiga like Ryuuji then why she hiding that !! maybe she think about Minori and Ryuuji.. especially Ryuuji the he felt for Minori but Ryuuji also confused about his feeling... this is not going good.. someone has so do something!!
Oct 10, 2018 7:23 PM

Nov 2011
I’m just loving Toradora! right now. It’s a shame it’s already coming close to the end, but ah well. I’ll keep enjoying it while it lasts.

id said:
Furukawa pan!

Whoa. Great catch. Easter egg or not, this being the same setting as Clannad makes for some nice headcanon.
May 14, 2019 12:31 AM

Aug 2017
pls I just want Ryuuji x Taiga in the end, not Ryuuji x Minori.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 26, 2019 1:17 PM

Nov 2016
Why every MC have to be this dense and idiot like Ami said...They need to spell it out loud for him to notice, well many people is like that is true. but is frustrating when you see the other sides.
Jun 15, 2019 12:09 AM
Apr 2019
InefableAtaraxia said:
Why every MC have to be this dense and idiot like Ami said...They need to spell it out loud for him to notice, well many people is like that is true. but is frustrating when you see the other sides.

Its not that Ryuji is dense, its just that his head is clouded at the moment with Taiga, its like trying to sell something that doesn't normally sell, but because you seen the richest man in the world do it, your going to try it and let no one stop you.

+ Ami is super mature, its really hard to understand her.

Otherwise, great episode. Episode 19 and 20 are such weird episodes in my opinion that we have Taiga crying after running out late at night, now we have Taiga holding it all in... I get it, I just don't like how they are now finally giving scenes ( Like 5 minutes of it, but asking for more makes us greedy ) to Ryuji and Minorin ( except for the beach scene ) in Episode 20 at the end of the school year, not my cup of tea.

They had so much leg room to work with for 19 other episodes, just weird how they wait until now to do it.
Dec 1, 2019 11:18 AM

Apr 2013
Ami is pissed and though I don't know why exactly, I can understand her. Those people are way too complicated to cope with.
Jan 3, 2020 11:45 PM

Feb 2019
Hmm... don't quite understand what's up with Ami in this episode. But Minorin sure was cute! Especially that scene at the crossing where she touched Ryuuji's hand. Still hoping for Minorin x Ryuuji, and I like how it's not clear who Ryuuji is going to end up with... but I think Taiga, not that I want it.
Apr 2, 2020 7:45 AM

Apr 2020
ani__ said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow can't believe I get to start a disscussion. Sorry if I did it first :)

Anyway I hate saying too much. This was pretty much just a transition episode from the last one, following up to the field trip episode (epi 21). My highlights were...

- that guy with the short blue hair runing around taiga's apartment wearing her dress.
- taiga pulling out that guys hair while taking a hair clip out.
- minorin trying to act all cool around ryuuji but clearning having a hard time.
- taiga being taiga :)

hey seriously 20 years
Aug 17, 2020 6:01 AM

Jun 2020
Everything Minori did must be on the extreme edge. Even saying "hi" must be like a Youtube intro, loud + big movement. Interesting character.

I'm happy that Taiga is rooting for Ryuji and seeing some result. But, Ryuji still not clear about his own feeling and had the ability to confess it.
cianxanAug 17, 2020 6:06 AM
Mar 9, 2021 7:16 PM
Jan 2020
Wow their whole trip got changed and now this whole plan… Ryuji and Kushieda are talking now and I am curious to see what happens next.
Mar 21, 2021 2:10 AM
Waifu Inspector

Sep 2019
So many twists and turns with this show, and I like it. I'd be a little dissapointed if Ryuji didn't end up with Taiga, but tbh with the amount of emotion in this series, I'd be ok if he ends up with Minorin.
Jun 26, 2021 3:40 AM

Jun 2020
Things are catching up and Taiga decided to live on without Ryuuji's help

A trip how exciting to Okinawa as well, Although Ryuuji cursed it and it actually came true, Give your teacher a break lol through all of the things she's been through her stress is showing on her

Ryuuji has to make a move now if he wants to truly confirm what Kushieda really means and things have gone a weird turn without the lively two and their friend group became weird as well.
Apr 13, 2022 4:10 PM

Mar 2010
Its crazy to think about it, but someone will lose, and someone will get hurt. And in the end they all must move on.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
May 5, 2022 10:01 PM

Oct 2020
I'm still curious as to what happened after the beginning scene where Taiga looked like she was about to say something to Kitamura -- whatever it was is probably the reason she's able to talk to Kitamura normally now without getting flustered.
I'm assuming we'll find out what the conversation was about in the coming episodes.
We're at the home-stretch! Let's see this through!
Jul 9, 2022 10:15 PM
Jul 2018
I'm not sure how much of Taiga getting distant with Ryu is natural or forced, but it looks like Ami's been right so far, Taiga is definitely getting the short end of the stick and Ryu will probably end up fine even though he's in a tricky situation. She's a lot more natural around Kitamura now and I think its probably because she's realized she has feelings for Ryu a lot more than she does for him.

It is nice seeing Ryu and Minori actually getting more comfortable around each other though. Minori's weirdness is definitely growing on me.

The hotel in Okinawa burning down is pretty sus, I wonder if anything happened there. Surely Yuri didn't commit arson just to go on a skiing trip.
Oct 16, 2022 3:42 AM
Ninja Consultant

Mar 2022
Minori is clearly forcing herself to put on a smile and act cheerful when in reality she feels quite differently. Seems like she and Taiga are pretty much doing the same thing by creating distance between themselves and Ryuuji so the other can be with him.

I've started to like Taiga a whole lot more than I did early on, but Minori is still the best girl.

I'm 99.9% certain the ending will be RyuujixTaiga tho, and that makes me sad.
Beep boop
Nov 20, 2022 10:34 AM
Jan 2022
I liked that the main character who cooks could talk with minotin and have a conversation. It is going in the right direction. As well with taiga and the student council, they are getting closer according that they could have a real talk in her house when they where planing the trip
Dec 11, 2022 4:43 AM

Aug 2020
removed-user said:
That was a lot happening this episode.. so let it just be some highlights:
+both Ami and Minorin make it obvious they like Ryuuji
+Taiga makes Minorin touch him and her reaction to that +++

+once again Toradora! does not follow the standard Anime rule, that a class trip goes to either Kyoto or Okinawa, even if that looked like it at the beginning
+Minorin is Golgo, DONT STAND BEHIND ME orz

Sums it up well. Things are getting interesting, with Minorin being clearly flustered being around Takasu, and Taiga getting more independent.
Dec 24, 2022 10:29 PM
Feb 2021
Literally every character in this show is such a gigachad. The world would be a thousand times better if everyone had these characters' level of self awareness, except for maybe Ami's
Feb 21, 2023 2:51 PM
Jan 2018
I'm glad they corrected their mistakes and have a plan to go forward. It's such a pain to see the characters upset over not being decisive. It's an anime about love drama, and it's so slow to do anything. Being on episode 20 of 25 gives me hope, that it will be over soon.
Mar 11, 2023 1:32 PM

Nov 2017
Ryuji is dense only when he does not have to be dense but realistically dense not like typical harem protag dense.. No wonder Ami is angry at him. Dawg is living the life with all top 3 beauties crushing on him hard :)
Dec 17, 2023 1:18 AM

Nov 2023
Well this is a good episode for theirrelationship
Dec 27, 2023 1:43 PM

Aug 2022
Taiga can talk normaly with Kitamura now which means that she's completely over him.
Dec 28, 2023 4:31 AM

Jun 2021
well, that sucks. Okinawa trip cancelled and replaced with a boring skiing one. Still asking why Kushieda used a blue school uniform, it looked way better than the red ones honestly.

the highlight of this episode was when i saw a CG Fiat Panda model after Ryuuji got hit by a bag, i actually owned it briefly in the early 2010's (but white instead of blue).

Jan 22, 4:40 AM

Sep 2023
Never seen an anime throw Bakas as fast as this one. Taiga can now speak to Kitamura normally because she accepted that she likes Ryuuji now and is over him?
PustulJan 22, 5:43 PM
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Davison - Oct 15, 2008

238 by SanessyAdversary »»
Today, 6:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sonja - Mar 25, 2009

1109 by Laylabc »»
Yesterday, 10:15 PM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Davison - Oct 8, 2008

304 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 7:39 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Hakkai - Oct 1, 2008

403 by SanessyAdversary »»
Yesterday, 7:27 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 19, 2008

256 by Pelpav »»
Apr 22, 2:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.