Forum Settings
Forums

Rate the dropped anime category of the person above you

New
Oct 23, 2013 2:47 AM

Oct 2013
Basically, tell 'em if they made a mistake, if there's a show they need to be watching that they didn't give a chance, or tell them they have good taste and all the shows in their dropped list were garbage.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Oct 23, 2013 3:15 AM

Dec 2011
Accel World: it's a nice cliche anime to watch, but only if you can overcome the fat MC. if you can't, dropping was a good option.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 23, 2013 3:53 AM
May 2009
You seem to dropped Guilty Crown and One piece(490? really dropped or just on hold?)

Guilty Crown is worth the watch, it's like Code Geass, I can actually place all CG characters in Guilty Crown aswell.

(evil laughs about my dropped animes, I don't drop a anime) continue with the user above me.
Oct 23, 2013 4:00 AM

Dec 2011
Fusionst said:
You seem to dropped Guilty Crown and One piece(490? really dropped or just on hold?)

Guilty Crown is worth the watch, it's like Code Geass, I can actually place all CG characters in Guilty Crown aswell.

I'm not sure about watching GC. I was watching at release time, and just felt like a Code Geass in standart high school student set with better art/music.

About One Piece, I don't think it's bad. I just don't like shounens too much.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 23, 2013 4:28 AM

Mar 2012
Fusionst has no dropped anime, so I'll do xJapaliicious

Aku no Hana- In case you're wondering, it doesn't get better.

Girls und Panzer- The first few episodes aren't that great. The tank battles are where it gets good. Unlike most shows of its type there's no deus ex machina bullshit to end the fights. They're all won through careful planning and strategy that even takes into account the real life tank models that they use. Although there are a few slice of life moments the main focus is on the tank battles which are absolutely incredible and so much fun to watch. Ignore the ridiculous premise and I can almost guarantee you'll have a good time. Unless, of course, you don't like tanks in general. In which case I'd have to ask what the hell is wrong with you

One Piece- Kind of confused why you'd drop One Piece almost 500 episodes but I can't speak for the show's quality since I haven't seen much.

SNK- I remember being bored watching the part you're up to but it does get a bit better in the second half.

C3-bu- Good choice dropping the show. It's gets really bad later on in ways that you can't even imagine.

All in all I'd say you're not missing out on much but trust me when I say you don't want to miss out on those glorious tank battles in GuP.
Oct 23, 2013 4:36 AM

Dec 2011
SaberKino said:
Girls und Panzer- The first few episodes aren't that great. The tank battles are where it gets good. Unlike most shows of its type there's no deus ex machina bullshit to end the fights. They're all won through careful planning and strategy that even takes into account the real life tank models that they use. Although there are a few slice of life moments the main focus is on the tank battles which are absolutely incredible and so much fun to watch. Ignore the ridiculous premise and I can almost guarantee you'll have a good time. Unless, of course, you don't like tanks in general. In which case I'd have to ask what the hell is wrong with you

SNK- I remember being bored watching the part you're up to but it does get a bit better in the second half.

My friend said GuP was really good, but I didn't understood why (he didn't explained). Thanks for the explanation, I'll look foward.

Regarding SnK, I dropped cuz read the manga.
Oct 23, 2013 4:48 AM

Sep 2013
^ -

.... it seems you don't like the long ones. Why, idk. It's a good watch in general, imo.

Guilty Crown - <insert GC fan rant here>

on another note, how can you drop something that you haven't even seen yet?
Oct 23, 2013 5:20 AM

Jul 2013
Kimi ni Todoke

why.... WHY???? regardless of the romance I absolutely adore Sawako's antic. The series was funny and heartwarming throughout. It's the best romance anime out there beside Lovely Complex. Is it because the pace is slow?
Oct 23, 2013 5:26 AM

Mar 2013
Yahari ore no...

Overall it's an alright anime it's not so bad that it deserves a 1 maybe at least a 4. Also Hikigaya is a pretty funny guy!
Mastery through endless repetition.
Oct 23, 2013 6:58 AM

Mar 2012
Durarara Specials- Don't see why you'd drop this. The second special is really good.

Kaichou wa Maid-sama!- I can't comment on whether or not to continue but I also dropped this
Oct 23, 2013 7:09 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni - if you have literally 3 episodes left you might as well finish it

Kaichou wa Maid-sama - Probably depends on if you like Usui or not, but I thought it was pretty good at least

Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai - Would just like to mention that the last season was waayy better than the first ones, might be worth it just for getting to that

Lucky☆Star - Again opinions will vary wildly, but it is a fact that the first few episodes are terrible compared to the rest, wouldn't give it up so early.

could also be worth watching the second half of SAO just to see if you agree with the general opinion or not, but if you didn't like the first half then prob not the second
Oct 23, 2013 7:18 AM

Mar 2012
I can understand Genei since I've heard it's just a shitty Madoka rip off but Nichijou...

Konpeitou said:
It's a shame you dropped Soul Eater
It's still on there? I watched one episode a long time ago and didn't like it. However, I've since grown fond of the 50 episode shows that Bones used to make (Like FMA and Eureka Seven) so I'll probably eventually give it another shot.
Oct 23, 2013 7:39 AM

Mar 2009
I'm fine with pretty much everything on your dropped list except Kaichou wa Maid-sama.
It's actually pretty entertaining for a shoujo drama.

And there it goes..
Oct 23, 2013 7:44 AM

Aug 2013
rly sad you droppen some good animes with good storys
but i understand how you can drop fairy tail and fate/Stay night^^
Oct 23, 2013 9:35 AM

Jan 2013
Ao no Exorcist - meh, i dont know anything about this except it was fairly popular
Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Ni! - na-nani!!!! the comedy is pure gold in this series
Beelzebub - hm, I like it but I can't really say much
bleach - wuuuttt. except for the fillers this thing is fantastic. you must not like shounen too much
Chobits - rated an 8 but you say lack of interest ?
Danganronpa: Kibou no Gakuen to Zetsubou no Koukousei - The Animation - I only liked the killing here
Dragon Ball GT - " terrible" well yeah pretty much
Fairy Tail - its not that bad at all, a good watch for sure
Kaichou wa Maid-sama! - saw some bits, looks pretty decent
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai 1 + 2 - by reading the manga it got boring for you ?
Lucky☆Star - agreed with this, show felt so boring
Naruto: Shippuuden - well......
Nurarihyon no Mago: Sennen Makyou - planning to watch this so i dunno man
Sukitte Ii na yo. - i dont blame you for this but I rated tachibana mei :D
Sword Art Online - seems like you stopped where it turned shitty
Yu Yu Hakusho - na-nani!!!! i know cliche and stuff but still greatness

Oct 23, 2013 11:57 AM

Dec 2012
Lucky Star - SpongeBob SquarePants, Regular Show, and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic all have more to offer in a single episode than this dry comedy.

(I haven't seen any of the others.)
Oct 23, 2013 12:00 PM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well I would say Clannad for sure but that seems like an impossible task for you :P

Lucky☆Star; I'll say this, if you drop it at 1/24 you get the wrong idea about the show, fact of the matter is the very first episode is like ten levels below the rest (have no idea why they did it like that but yeah that's pretty much the case)
Oct 30, 2013 6:35 PM

Sep 2012
Genei wo Kakeru Taiyou - You should watch it until the end and drop the rating to 2, because it's awful beyond belief.
Hayate no Gotoku! - You dropped it after you were beared over half of the show? Alright, then.
Nichijou - People say it's hilarious.
Zetsuen no Tempest - I particularly thought the first half of the show was pretty good, specially around episodes 9-12 (or 13? I don't remember) but then went to shit afterwards.
Oct 30, 2013 9:02 PM

Oct 2013
Looks like you've only dropped the super long shows, which I would say is a good choice, is really hard to find a long anime that stays on track and doesn't give you hours of filler.
Good work citizen.
Oct 30, 2013 10:02 PM

Mar 2012
Good
Panty & Stocking is shit literal shit
Oct 30, 2013 10:21 PM

Sep 2013
You dropped Naruto? Good, so did I. I have no idea what the rest is.
Oct 30, 2013 10:40 PM

Dec 2011
Glad you dropped Soul Eater, I didn't like that either

Oct 30, 2013 10:43 PM

Jul 2012
Only one I've seen any of is Soul Eater, and if you've only seen like the first few episodes, you really ought to give it more of a chance. If its because its too silly, it gets serious at times, don't worry. It sometimes spends multiple episodes with little to no comedy at all if that's the case.

Still, if you didn't like it and you've seen enough or have other reasons for disliking it, then nevermind.
Oct 30, 2013 10:47 PM

Apr 2007
You dropped Code Geass instead of finishing the entire blasted first season like I did, good for you!
Oct 30, 2013 11:02 PM

Dec 2012
Bleach - why not just have fewer episodes and make them higher quality?
Death Note - You gave it an 8 without getting far enough.
Eyeshield 21 - I want to watch it
Kanon - so boring! A single episode of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic had more to offer than the entirety of Kanon.
Naruto - same as Bleach
Eva - awesome
Pokemon - so repetitive
Oct 30, 2013 11:07 PM

Sep 2013
Ashita no Nadja. Because why would you want to miss out on all that delicious drama with Rosemary and all the love triangles just yucking it up?
fueilleOct 30, 2013 11:11 PM
peeyaj said:
Fueille is a deconstruction of a decent human being.
Oct 30, 2013 11:10 PM

Dec 2011
Good job on dropping Tasogare Otome x Amnesia, Sankarea, and Guilty Crown. I wasted my time watching the first 2 even though I thought they sucked

Oct 30, 2013 11:11 PM

Apr 2007

RGM2013 said:

Death Note - You gave it an 8 without getting far enough.

I read the manga beforehand so it was like - 'well, this is good, but i already know what happens'. But I might return to it someday.

@fueille Gundam 00 is just okay. I was quite fond of the characters while it was airing but looking back, I don't like it as much.

@kittyn - dropped Soul Eater too. Really generic shounen/action, boring.
Oct 30, 2013 11:15 PM

Mar 2012
You dropped Kanon (2006) if you enjoy romance anime at all I recommend picking it back up or atleast watching the first 3 episodes to see if it captures your interest or not because you rated it a 6 which means fine which is positive
Oct 30, 2013 11:26 PM

Sep 2013
Panty & Stocking and Saki.
Not exactly sure why you thought PSWG was the worst thing you've watched (there's DEFINITELY been worse shows by gainax) but still consider it, if not for the OST.
Understandable if you dropped Saki because cute girls doing nothing but Mahjong bored you, but it's still has it's fair share of good scenes, so at least think of giving it a shot.
peeyaj said:
Oct 30, 2013 11:42 PM

Mar 2012
fueille said:
Not exactly sure why you thought PSWG was the worst thing you've watched (there's DEFINITELY been worse shows by gainax) but still consider it, if not for the OST.
Understandable if you dropped Saki because cute girls doing nothing but Mahjong bored you, but it's still has it's fair share of good scenes, so at least think of giving it a shot.

With Saki I had no idea what the hell was happening

You dropped KnJ which is personally one of my favorites but you watched 4 episodes which is good so you had a good idea of how much you enjoyed it and knew you wanted to really drop it

i recommend watching to atleast episode 3 with these anime unless you absolutely hated the hell the hell out of them, but anime often improve as they go on

Akikan (still not the greatest I think I gave it a 6 or 7)
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia (this gets really good)
Shingetsutan Tsukihime
Oct 30, 2013 11:48 PM

Sep 2013
Shimapan-chan said:
fueille said:

With Saki I had no idea what the hell was happening

You dropped KnJ which is personally one of my favorites but you watched 4 episodes which is good so you had a good idea of how much you enjoyed it and knew you wanted to really drop it

i recommend watching to atleast episode 3 with these anime unless you absolutely hated the hell the hell out of them, but anime often improve as they go on

Akikan (still not the greatest I think I gave it a 6 or 7)
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia (this gets really good)
Shingetsutan Tsukihime

I only really dropped Akikan because it was a bad execution for a cool concept, but I'll consider it. I was also think of maybe picking TOxA up for a few episodes to see if I could actually enjoy it, but time will tell I guess.
But no way in hell am I touching the Tsukihime anime, which in fact, does not exist.
peeyaj said:
Jul 25, 2014 9:29 PM

Jun 2014
I agree that fairy tail was overrated.
"You see this guy's eyes? More crossed than Christianity! Look at him!"
- Seamus "SSoH" O'Doherty
Jul 26, 2014 12:23 AM

Dec 2013
You shouldn't have dropped Baccano or Ouran..you make me a saad panda.
Fruits Basket, well..it gets really repetitive towards the end but I still think you should pick it up.
Mar 15, 2017 6:01 AM

Mar 2013
Soul Eater is fun until final arc dub > sub
SAO2 is decent
added the fourth most popular anime onto this site
May 8, 2020 8:26 PM

Sep 2014
You have no dropped. I'd rate this a liar/10.
May 9, 2020 3:40 AM

Oct 2014
Summer Wars. C'mon you can at least finish a movie.
Gurren Lagann. Who the hell do you think you are?!
May 9, 2020 5:49 AM

Sep 2014
9/10 you're not missing much
May 9, 2020 5:51 AM
Jul 2018
Log Horizon season 2 - it gets better at the end
May 9, 2020 10:36 AM

Jul 2016
10/10 Everything looks fine to me.
May 9, 2020 11:18 AM

Sep 2014
10/10 I love your list design.
May 9, 2020 11:40 AM
Tail On!

Aug 2018
5/10, most of them are reasonable but Saiunkoku Monogatari is a big yikes, absolutely stellar shoujo drama...

I guess you can treat my on-hold as dropped since dropped is empty

@AtmosphericEntry I liked Yuragi-sou no Yuuna-san but it was censored so I put it on hold in wait for the disc release and haven't had the urge to pick it back up now that it's out.
RoevhaalMay 9, 2020 12:18 PM
May 9, 2020 11:47 AM

Jun 2012
6/10. There are a few interesting shows in there, but it's not a dropped list so I'm sure you're going to continue at least some of them.

Yuuragi-sou no Yuuna-san has an strangely high rating.
May 9, 2020 12:04 PM

May 2012
Nothing wrong. Even the ones I deem worthy pale in comparison to their source material. Only one minor thing left to say: Disregarding Urasawa's writing "quality", Monster manga has a way better flow. The adaption's pacing was unbearable to me in hindsight. Dunno how I was able to complete it. At least 15-20 episodes too long, and if I recall correctly, they even added some fillers on top of the original fillers midway. The parts with Diether come to mind.

9.9/10
My Rereads | My Favorite Mangaka | Soylent Green

Buy stuff, or buy at least your favorites if you can afford it - Don't be lame.

D W-W&N 🤍

MAL is a far cry from being my main literature site, that's why I won't be doing mere single chapter updates anymore. Manga- aka Baka-Updates + 2 French ones are miles better and more thorough/complete + less restricting. The latter are perfectly suited for Manga/Light Novel/Books collectors such as myself. Less stressful/tiring this way. -g-
May 9, 2020 12:07 PM

Jul 2019
^^you dropped most of the good stuff.
the good drops are:
The Quintessential Quintuplets
Berserk
Black Clover (read it instead)
Fairy Tail (read it instead)
Dog & Scissors
One Piece (read it instead)
Overlord (read it instead)
Seiren

^lmao i cant do you now. time is not on my side.
May 9, 2020 12:07 PM

Dec 2018
^^
0/10. All quality shows dropped
"There's no such thing as a painless lesson, they just don't exist. Sacrifices are necessary. You can't gain anything without losing something first. Although if you can endure that pain and walk away from it, you'll find that you now have a heart strong enough to overcome any obstacle. Yeah... a heart made full-metal."

~Edward Elric
May 9, 2020 12:17 PM

May 2012
You sure know well enough by now that I have completed Geass, and merely put it in my dropped list because I fast-forwarded a few episodes, right? ;)

Which quality shows in particular that I have not read/am reading? The poor S.A.C. wannabe, or the boring One Outs? :x

9/10 for the ones I know aka Doraemon & Shin-chan. Not sure if I ever completed the former, but I personally would give it a try some time again in the future. The latter's humor isn't my cup of tea, even though its somewhat of a TV classic (France/Germany where I live/d)

PS: I often drop shows because I'm reading the source material and want nothing more than to take a brief look at the adaptions + visuals.
My Rereads | My Favorite Mangaka | Soylent Green

Buy stuff, or buy at least your favorites if you can afford it - Don't be lame.

D W-W&N 🤍

MAL is a far cry from being my main literature site, that's why I won't be doing mere single chapter updates anymore. Manga- aka Baka-Updates + 2 French ones are miles better and more thorough/complete + less restricting. The latter are perfectly suited for Manga/Light Novel/Books collectors such as myself. Less stressful/tiring this way. -g-
May 9, 2020 12:23 PM
Tail On!

Aug 2018
10/10
May 9, 2020 2:16 PM

Sep 2014
^^

11/10. I'm so proud of you for dropping Huntrash x Garbage

^

8/10 good on-hold list
May 9, 2020 2:19 PM

Dec 2015
too small/10
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Rate from 1-10 how approachable the user is above you ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

666 - Mar 16, 2021

3613 by MitsukiHimeka »»
21 seconds ago

» What can you tell about the above user by their favorite characters? v2 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Brandon - Mar 31, 2018

8782 by ScarRufus »»
26 seconds ago

» What kind of candy is the user above you? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nathan3141 - Apr 26, 2014

1069 by MitsukiHimeka »»
40 seconds ago

» What is your anime affinity with the user above ? v2 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KayKimii - Mar 21, 2023

2091 by ScarRufus »»
3 minutes ago

» This or That? v6 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - May 6, 2022

5868 by ScarRufus »»
4 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.