Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 31, 2007 7:18 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Lots of funny faces this time. Nanaka sacrificed her practice time for Sana, thought something would happen at the dance - guess I was wrong ^^. I lol'd at the old man playing fighting games. Asami needs more screentime, just so I can hear Mai Nakahara's voice. :3

Also, it sounds like Nanaka's past, Sana's knife-flashback thing, the lost Grandchild, and the Sacrifices for the Sakuras are connected?

Next episode should be fun.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 31, 2007 8:13 AM

Jun 2007
Aoi-chan is so kawaiiiiiiiiiiiii....just that her voice is annoying..
Oct 31, 2007 10:01 AM

Oct 2007
Nanaka sutekiiii xD~~

The only bad thing in this episode was the old 'almost getting there and someone interrupts' cliche =x

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#koharubi@irc.rizon.net
#ayu@irc.rizon.net

Oct 31, 2007 10:15 AM

Sep 2007
hmmm i am liking myself your self more and more
i thought its just a love comedey like every others
ofc its not that great but i was quite entertained by it

a little mysterious this epi too especially kaji
and something seem happened in the past of nanaka

and after this epi i begin to like nanaka too
especially after the bath scene XD
but 1st place is hinako :3

woot another hinako epi next time^^
Oct 31, 2007 10:50 AM

Jul 2007
Ishitori said:
Nanaka sutekiiii xD~~

The only bad thing in this episode was the old 'almost getting there and someone interrupts' cliche =x

I agree... I also was quite sure that Nanaka will make something wrong on the dance but i was wrong... Omg I have a feeling that something will go wrong... Dunno GEEEEEZ i hate school days and after so much references i shouldnt bring it up again but thats how i feel all the time... At the end of the episode i was so excited cant w8 for the next 1 this series is as good as Clannad for me :)
Oct 31, 2007 11:11 AM
Jun 2007
Ohhh I am looking for the next episode! ^_^
Oct 31, 2007 12:46 PM

Sep 2007
Gah, Aoi's voice keeps bothering me more and more =/

Has anyone else realized that for fall 2007 animes, there are a couple names that just seem to be popular? Like Hiiragi, Hoshino, Renji, maybe someone else.

More curiosity with Nanaka's past and the whole thing with Kaji now.
Oct 31, 2007 1:22 PM

Oct 2006
cyruz said:
Also, it sounds like Nanaka's past, Sana's knife-flashback thing, the lost Grandchild, and the Sacrifices for the Sakuras are connected?

Many mysteries. Also remember that bit about when that grandma wandered off once n was found avian with dirt on her hands, reckon thats got something to do with digging near the trees where people were buried. Also what happened with Nanaka's parents?

Many many things I'm eager to find out.
Oct 31, 2007 1:50 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Puvi2Groovy said:
cyruz said:

Many mysteries. Also remember that bit about when that grandma wandered off once n was found avian with dirt on her hands, reckon thats got something to do with digging near the trees where people were buried. Also what happened with Nanaka's parents?

Yeah, that's the bit I tagged 'Lost Grandchild'; sounded like the old lady went to look for it.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 31, 2007 2:46 PM
Dec 2006
Pretty cute episode. Sana chan is made some points with nanaka in this episode. But the last part freak me out, i dont want another school days :(

Oct 31, 2007 3:41 PM

Aug 2007
eeehhe. a lot of lol's here. the part where Sana gave away the stuffed yeti thing reminded me of Higurashi real quick. even the preview made me laugh. cant wait for that one.. sana a perv??? xD
Oct 31, 2007 6:35 PM

Jul 2007
Call me crazy but I'm growing quite fond of Aoi's voice....and yes, bad school days corrupting my expectations of this show.
Oct 31, 2007 8:16 PM

Oct 2007
who the hell is that guy at the end, he freaks me out >< get school days outta my head.
Oct 31, 2007 8:23 PM

Oct 2007
daniel89 said:

LOL, i second that!!! (maybe lose glasses also)

Great episode, i love the progress, where Nanaka-chan is finally getting to be more opened up to Sana, although she is jealous all the time :P
Almost had something there till the 'kodomo' ruins it :(
Oct 31, 2007 11:56 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Good episode. Loved the NanakaxSana moment. The last scene really freaked me out... possibly because I'm worried about the poor kitty and it meeting the bird's fate :(

I wonder if Sana's knife thing is connected with everything else that was revealed this episode, or if it's separate...

Does anyone know about Nanaka dumping water on herself before the dance? Was she cleansing before the dance? Or...? It looked to me like she was desperate (re: fire vision) or punishing herself (cold water, *shiver*).
Nov 1, 2007 12:02 AM

Jun 2007
Puvi2Groovy said:
cyruz said:

Many many things I'm eager to find out.

I'm guessing the old lady killed the missing bird and buried it under the tree hopping to bring back her granddaughter. Next comes the cat (notice its new necklace bell thing falls off at the end of the ep when it's in the grandma's lap). I have a really bad "school days" felling that the grandma is gonna try and kill Nanaka and stick her under the tree to try and bring back her dead granddaughter.

/theory number 09230910
I'm also beginning to wonder if the reason Sana is back in his home town has anything to do with trauma or something crazy at all. The more I think about it, it could possibly be that his mom had another kid and he attempted to kill it with a knife but was stopped and then forced to move to his old town to hopefully become happier again. That may be why he tends to have what seems to be a fake smile on sometimes, avoids bloody knives, and the reason why there was no picture in the frame in ep 4. He simply wants to go back in time. Nanaka on the other hand probably lost her family, was forced to move in with her uncle, stopped playing the violin, and shut her self out from the rest of her friends.

The theory is probably totally wrong but I thought id just shoot it out there for shits and giggles.
Nov 1, 2007 8:36 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Interesting theories DeathfireD! I didn't think of the old lady burying Nanaka, but that sounds eerily correct. I think this one is probably correct or pretty close to. Poor Kitty :(

As for Sana, I really hope it's not something like that. If you look at him, he's so kind and patient to everyone... (Plus, he's really growing on me!) Also, he's pretty much letting that younger girl (forgot her name) swing him around and do anything to him. So, I don't think (aka. hope) this isn't the case. But it's fun to hear other theories than the regular "School Days" theories.

As for Nanaka, I agree... but what about the fire flashback? The rest of them know what happens. I wonder if one of them will spill all in the next few episodes :D
Nov 1, 2007 9:12 AM

Jul 2007
Nice theories DeathfireD. If the Sana one is right, I'd be kinda sad.
And I hope that old lady didn't kill the cat! It was so cute. But it seriously seems as if she has some mental problems.
I'm still rooting for Sana x Nanaka!

Gosh, I want to know more about Sana's past and what happened to Nanaka. This anime just leaves you so curious all the time.
Nov 1, 2007 12:01 PM

Oct 2007
Looks like Aoi's voice got worse on this episode. But she's still funny.

hulot said:
bad school days corrupting my expectations of this show.

Same here.

Waiting for more! :)

Nov 1, 2007 12:33 PM
Aug 2007
the Sana/Nanaka scene was broken by Hinako wtf.... Aoi sounded even weirder but still the little kid type which makes her so cute. The ending was kind of freaky. I think this anime starts out happy and funny then might turn bad towards the end.
Nov 1, 2007 12:58 PM

Aug 2007
I have the feeling that there was some traumatising past for Sana too. As with the Grandma thing this episode, the anime feels as if it has a whole dark aspect lingering around it.

Nov 1, 2007 2:10 PM

Oct 2007
It was fun to watch like the previous eps! I wanted to see more of Nanaka's Sakura Dance in her Miko-Outfit...what a pity that you saw just a few seconds of the dance .-.

Aoi-chan is reeeeaaallly kawaii ^___^ especially after she heard from Sana that she looks great in that Yukata =3

It seems that there will be a difference to the previous episodes after this mysterious scenes... can't wait for more ~
Nov 1, 2007 2:24 PM

Oct 2007
PAHO said:
It was fun to watch like the previous eps! I wanted to see more of Nanaka's Sakura Dance in her Miko-Outfit...what a pity that you saw just a few seconds of the dance

I agree there, they could have made her dance longer and nicer, even the music was not special... :(
Nov 1, 2007 2:32 PM

Oct 2007
Friendlysoul said:
I agree there, they could have made her dance longer and nicer, even the music was not special... :(

You're right, the music reminds me on "2x2=Shinobuden" XD (Nin Nin) XD
After all it's a shrine but there are much better music out there. Maybe we'll see more dancing (or bathing) =3
Nov 1, 2007 2:38 PM

Jan 2007
win.

Nov 1, 2007 2:53 PM

Oct 2007
Nice moment, Faust721 ^-^

=3
Nov 1, 2007 4:06 PM

Oct 2007
really like this anime and a good episode and look forward to the rest of the season! ^.^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 1, 2007 4:08 PM

Jun 2007
Kineta said:
Does anyone know about Nanaka dumping water on herself before the dance? Was she cleansing before the dance? Or...? It looked to me like she was desperate (re: fire vision) or punishing herself (cold water, *shiver*).

I've seen other Shinto Priestesses, in other anime, do that robed bucket shower, it probably has something to do with cleansing oneself before a ritual. Although you can tell by the way she sped up that she was obviously feeling bad.

Good episode, I like how this isn't just a love-comedy and that theres some mystery and trauma hidden. I'm not getting any School Days vibes because Sana isn't a jerk and Nanaka seems to be already slightly off from a traumatic experience instead of just fragile.

Nov 1, 2007 5:07 PM

Jun 2007
I'm really starting to love this anime. In the beginning it looked like a simple romantic comedy, but the darker mysteries lingering at the edges of the characters make it so much more.

On another note, Nanaka and Aoi are just too cute.

=D
Nov 2, 2007 4:56 PM

Oct 2007
Vexen-Regna said:
Pretty cute episode. Sana chan is made some points with nanaka in this episode. But the last part freak me out, i dont want another school days :(

Nobody here wants another School Days and hopefully we won't get one. ^_^

However this episode opened up even more questions that have to be answered, like how the violin for Nanaka is related to a fire and of course Nanaka's parents?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 4, 2007 2:43 PM

Sep 2007
I like that ep.. I just wish we could see more of Asami_chan... And does anyone knows what"s the meaning of her crying in the opening while Shuu & Shuuri are behind her..?
Nov 5, 2007 5:46 PM

Aug 2007
Sayuu said:
I like that ep.. I just wish we could see more of Asami_chan... And does anyone knows what"s the meaning of her crying in the opening while Shuu & Shuuri are behind her..?

good question. foreshadowing perhaps?
Nov 9, 2007 11:48 PM

Dec 2006
This is a fun episode. Finally more about Nanaka and her dark past.

I especially like it when Nanaka made a pout. HAhah! I see Jealousy!

I__u_p_p_e_d__m_y__s_t_a_n_d_a_r_d_s_,__s_o__U_P__y_o_u_r_s!
Nov 10, 2007 8:52 PM

Jun 2007
that ending was so creepy o___O it looked like the old woman killed the cat...

Nov 12, 2007 6:04 PM

Oct 2007
I <3 Shuri xD
Dec 26, 2007 7:46 PM

Oct 2007
I'm really loving the mysterious dark undertones of this show. I dont really understand the whole concept of burying the animals, but then again iwasnt really listening to shuri's explanation very intently.

soo many mysterious things i want to know, specially bout sana, nanaka, and the old people

and yeah, i'm getting school days vibes, but not necessarily because of the characters, more because of the dark mysteriousness of certain parts of the show~
Apr 15, 2008 5:15 PM

Jun 2007
pretty good episode, specially sana and the old man playing... that was just fun.

i liked the facial expressions here....
nanaka opening up to sana = love... she CAN be cute after all... yay.

shuuri wins so much. and the whole dance could be longer, but i liked it that way.

moment interrupted by hina.... not really anticipated... but pretty cliche..

next episode, hina goodness......... and seems like sana is going to be dragged once again.
i also wanna know about nanaka's past and why she wasnt able to play the violin... dark and intriguing.. i love it.
TsundereRicApr 15, 2008 5:27 PM
Apr 20, 2008 7:43 PM

Apr 2007
Sana is so oblivious that it pains to even watch him sometimes. Hinako loves to butt it at all the wrong moments but I don't mind it this time. If she gets in the way of a Hoshino moment on the other hand I will mind.

So now Sana refuses to take off his watch and Nanaka refuses to play the violin. Reading this thread has me going back to the OP. This isn't the first time they've show Hoshino with fire in her eyes. It matches the OP.
I want to see what that's all about.

The ending with that old lady was a bit creepy though.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Aug 6, 2008 12:04 AM

Jan 2008
cute episode but the old granny very scary ><
Dec 11, 2008 3:25 PM

Jun 2008
Jesus I hate Aoi. What an annoying voice.

Errr good episode. Basically the plot MUST be as follows, right?: That old guy is really that grannys husband and nanaka is her granddaughter....the fire burned down her parents...blah I win ^_^

(btw these are guesses and not spoilers.)
Jan 24, 2009 5:02 PM

Aug 2008

Moe! ^

Nice dance. :D

dexter89 said:

Too bad her voice is annoying-ish, huh? If it wasn't so, she would be a really cute character :P

DeathfireD said:
I'm guessing the old lady killed the missing bird and buried it under the tree hopping to bring back her granddaughter. Next comes the cat (notice its new necklace bell thing falls off at the end of the ep when it's in the grandma's lap). I have a really bad "school days" felling that the grandma is gonna try and kill Nanaka and stick her under the tree to try and bring back her dead granddaughter.

It's so plain, that I'd be surprised something like that would't happen.
Granny = knows the old custome of burying-people-under-the-sakura-tree. > Granny meets Nanaka who coincidently is very similar to her deceased granddaughter. > Granny, obviously, killed the bird, and likely that cat too at the end too, and buried it under a tree.> Dramatic scene is showed at the end where granny stares at the report of Nanaka's dance at night alone. > You can see where this is going~

So yea, love how this is shaping up like School Day's drama-(& Gory)-moments (obviously NOT quite as much xD).

Yay! The next episode's dedicated to the Hinako :3
Mar 19, 2009 3:29 PM

Oct 2008
Interesting episode.But what's up grandma Kaji petting Poe and his collar falling?
Hmmmmm....
Mar 25, 2009 12:20 AM

Jan 2009
Guys really? Hinako and Aoi make this show positive. Is it just me or do they just brighten your day? I hope Aoi doesn't fall into jealousy, I can't imagine her jealous though... I can imagine her being an innocent bystander of some one who is though. I hope she doesn't become that girl in School days and break. It's sad to see positive innocent go lucky characters go crazy with those dilated eyes. It really does, doesn't?

I really hope the cat doesn't get sacrificed... it was so cute.
Jun 27, 2009 8:05 AM

Jun 2009
so whats with the title "unblooming..." didnt see it on the episode
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Aug 18, 2009 8:50 PM

Jun 2009
Glad Nanaka is finally warming up. Enjoying this show more and more!
Sep 23, 2009 6:55 PM

Nov 2008
I agree with previous post about Aoi. I like her now. Except her voice but she does give something to the whole story.

I wonder what the Grandma did and if it is connected to Sana and his problems. I got angry when they were broken by the little gilr. But at least they are showing some progress.

The edning was kind of dark. It did bring back some memories from SD and Higurashi. But still I have high hope that this will not turn like them. I did like them but still.
Mar 11, 2010 2:06 AM
Jul 2018
It would be only half as interesting without the theories of this thread ^.^
May 11, 2010 7:36 PM

Jun 2009
Faust721 said:
win.

Agreed.

Hmmm... I'm liking this show a lot more than I thought I would ^_^, I pick up the show with little expectation, my expectation could've been higher coming into the show and still enjoy it ^_^

as soon as they said the story is pass down from the grandma. this is what went through ma head within 3 seconds.

"Lol... Old people always got good story to tell XD"
"She disappeared before and come back with muddy... wait"
"Bird... Missing?"
"OMFG!!!! She's sick!"
Aug 28, 2010 1:46 PM

Nov 2007
I wish the loli would go away already.... interrupts their closeness and then moves in with him next ep? wtf?
Sep 18, 2010 6:59 PM

Jun 2009
Okay so I was actually planning to say nice things about this ep but then the old lady freak me out!!
What's wrong with her I mean the bird and then what's up with the cat?! I hope that she didn't did what I think beacuse if she did she is really sick!! Okay I am really scared now! I can't even think of the nice things that happened! I haven't seen school days and I don't want too, but many people are saying this is somehow like that! I hope it doesn't because I haven't heard any good comment of school days and myself yourself is pg 13 right? Omg I am going to get crazy! I hope there isn't so many insane people in the show.

Anyways now that I remmember the jeti thing was really cute! And they fact that they almost get a kiss!!
The dance was really nice and Nanaka skiping practice to go with sana.
I don't really find Aoi annoying...
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Myself ; Yourself Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

radiantfire - Dec 26, 2007

283 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Nov 3, 2023 11:49 AM

Poll: » Myself ; Yourself Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Dec 19, 2007

65 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Nov 3, 2023 11:01 AM

Poll: » Myself ; Yourself Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

radiantfire - Dec 12, 2007

166 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Nov 3, 2023 10:07 AM

Poll: » Myself ; Yourself Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Faust721 - Dec 5, 2007

115 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Nov 2, 2023 4:56 PM

Poll: » Myself ; Yourself Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Faust721 - Nov 28, 2007

61 by SailorFairyDxD24 »»
Nov 2, 2023 4:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.