Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Higurashi When They Cry: Dice Killing Arc
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Mar 11, 2009 5:44 PM

Feb 2009
I always love anything related to this show. This was no exception. Loved every moment!
Mar 11, 2009 7:27 PM

Sep 2007
Vicky_on_a_Boat said:
I always love anything related to this show.

Even furry futanari hentai of it? D:
Mar 13, 2009 8:21 AM

Aug 2007
You guys need to cool down. This episode was awesome, period.

It doesn't hurt to have at least one comedy episode, chill
I loved this episode and the new animation style is nice.
Mar 13, 2009 2:02 PM
Oct 2008
I want my old Higurashi back. [2]
Mar 13, 2009 10:28 PM

Jul 2007
That was lame... I was hoping for some bloody stuff

Sent with Mal Updater
Mar 14, 2009 8:43 AM

Oct 2008
The episode was basically rubbish =( but at least the preview of the next episode made up for it somewhat =X

Mar 14, 2009 10:26 AM

Jun 2008
WHAT THE FUCK!

That made my day.
Mar 14, 2009 11:04 AM

May 2008
It was kinda lame tbh.
Mar 14, 2009 1:47 PM
Jan 2009
Agreed.

I would like that 29 minutes of my life back plox!!

it was kinda funny at parts, but it was just...too stupid. Cursed swimming trunks? wtf...
Mar 14, 2009 8:49 PM

Mar 2008
Wow you're all retarded. This isn't a continuation of the Higurashi story, it's an adaptation of the fangame made in appreciation of the series. If you don't like it, fuck off.
Mar 15, 2009 8:55 AM

Jan 2008
Okay, it made me giggle sometimes, but seriously... why did they totally raped Keiichi's personality? He's not really that much of a pervert, he only jokes about it sometimes, but isn't one.
Well... the whole episode was alright, but I love the other comedy side of Higurashi much more than the perverted side. The new OP and ED are amazing as always, especially the OP (eiko songs are <3), and the preview for the next episode looks like the good ol' insane Higurashi we all know. Looks like Satoshi is going to take place instead of Keiichi this time and Rena's going crazy... interesting, can't wait for it. :)
Mar 15, 2009 4:25 PM

Sep 2007
Zonak said:
Okay, it made me giggle sometimes, but seriously... why did they totally raped Keiichi's personality? He's not really that much of a pervert, he only jokes about it sometimes, but isn't one.

He actually IS that much of a perv in the visual novels iirc.
Mar 16, 2009 5:14 PM

Apr 2007
ITT: People who took this episode too seriously.
Mar 16, 2009 5:29 PM

Apr 2008
LOL this episode was actually really nice XD
I was irritated at the start and thinking why was I watching that..
But then I understood it was just a joke, and the extremely absurd situations were very creative and funny.

But I can't wait for the serious stories in the next one.
Mar 16, 2009 5:43 PM
Jan 2009
Nayah said:
I want my old Higurashi back.

Gameguy said:
Sadly this OVA was kinda lame, we want mystery, when they cry style! I guess next 3 will be fun... but really i dont care that much about Rei now... Umineko anime will be epic! i hope...

miniu said:
I want my old Higurashi back. [2]

Kotori said:
That was lame... I was hoping for some bloody stuff

MsLaundry said:
The episode was basically rubbish =( but at least the preview of the next episode made up for it somewhat =X

Higurashi was ALWAYS like this.
Did you guys skip the first ****ing chapter of Kai or something?
Mar 17, 2009 12:43 AM

Oct 2008

Higurashi was ALWAYS like this.
Did you guys skip the first ****ing chapter of Kai or something?

I enjoyed the 1st chapter of Kai (where they played tag, if I remembered correctly.) However, this episode was ridiculous especially if you are not an ecchi Higurashi fan. Excuse me if I don't enjoy zoomed in views of Kechi's crotch as much as you did.

Mar 17, 2009 1:34 PM

Nov 2006
For an episode that tried to fit everything in, Satoko didn't set a trap or even do her laugh. T_T

After getting Takano to help...it went a little overboard for me..
Mar 17, 2009 2:53 PM

Sep 2007
Reina-chama said:
Excuse me if I don't enjoy zoomed in views of Kechi's crotch as much as you did.

I do not remember this scene. The only real "fanservice" I noticed was Takano's 5 second introduction.
Mar 17, 2009 7:53 PM

Oct 2008
Foggle said:
I do not remember this scene. The only real "fanservice" I noticed was Takano's 5 second introduction.

Actually there is but nevermind (it can be said to be a zoom-in view of his swimming trunks)=)... I just don't like getting rebuked at for no reason when I did not even say I HATED the episode. For the sake of Mr UnknownBeast (or whoever he/she is) I voted a 3 for this episode =.=. I just said that it was rubbish where Higurashi's main genre was concerned and NOTHING else bad about it. And ya Foggle, Takano is hot in the 5 sec intro. XD

Mar 17, 2009 9:05 PM

Feb 2009
Wtf?
Well once I got over that, my love for comedy/ecchi series kicked in and I had a lot of fun with this episode. As long as this is a once in a blue moon thing, I love it.

Oh, and also /nosebleed.
Mar 19, 2009 8:26 AM

Jul 2008
Eh, I expected the episode to go like that.
If you just set aside the fact that this is just one part of the OVA and that there is seriousness ahead, you can just have fun with it, ne?

Also this was filled with epic pervertedness. Which I usually don't enjoy. Go figure.
Mar 19, 2009 2:38 PM

Jun 2008
lol that was ridiculous XD but it was funny too

I'm so glad that Chie-sensei was in it <333333
Mar 19, 2009 5:14 PM

Jul 2008
This episode was pretty decent. I wasn't really expecting any blood or violence from the OVAs. It was kind of nice to see the kinder side to Higurashi.
Mar 28, 2009 3:51 PM

Dec 2008
Lol, I didn't see much difference at all, It seemed like Higurashi to me.

It seems as though every season it starts with an episode with all the cutesy stuff.

What made me laugh the most was the appearance of Takano with her explicit swimming suit. When she pulled those shots out & Mion said "te, where did you pull those out from" I laughed out loud XD

The whole over the topness made it so funny, I guess some people took it a little too personally.

~Abs
Apr 2, 2009 11:39 PM

Jul 2008
thats one way to start off a new season, it was pretty damn hilarious!!! everyone trying to get his briefs, even guys, that was kind of disturbing though, but i guess it turned out allright, except for the swan and the possible homosexuality
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Apr 3, 2009 10:39 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
That was a bit stupid but Rena in her swimsuit was amazing. <3333

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 4, 2009 6:47 PM

Jul 2007
I dunno, I thought it was pretty funny, if too heavy on K1 crotch shots.

I think the key is just to not take it seriously. It's clearly not supposed to be super serious in the 'elementary school girls stabbing themselves in the head' way that the other seasons are.

Apr 4, 2009 10:20 PM

Aug 2008
The first chapter turned out a little too silly... the perverseness and fan-service kept it from failing though (Rena's nosebleed was epic) xD
The ED and OP were fine, but I didn't like the bicycle theme used in the animations for the opening.
On a side note, if Hanyu truly had such abilities as time control, then Rika's time loop might had long since ended... Nipah~

The mystery finally starts on the second chapter, it seems, that's good to know.
Apr 7, 2009 2:05 PM

Mar 2008
Retarded episode ._.;.
I want srz bznz.
Apr 7, 2009 5:58 PM

Jan 2009
Sheepdude said:
Wow you're all retarded. This isn't a continuation of the Higurashi story, it's an adaptation of the fangame made in appreciation of the series. If you don't like it, fuck off.

Truth is truth. Fan service = demand so me not surprised about this.
Apr 8, 2009 2:42 PM

May 2008
Slightly random but quite funny with some swimsuit goodness~ <3
Apr 10, 2009 6:33 PM

Mar 2009
It was OK ^^

The new opening is very good *.*

Apr 11, 2009 12:12 PM
Dec 2007
I've never been able to comprehend why people seem to have such a short memory as to forget Higurashi has always has comedy sections.. several of them actually. As someone said already, it's always the gang just having fun, events happen, someone in the gang starts slowly breaking up, snaps and Hinamizawa incident, then back we go again.

I think this episode in specific was thrown in there to stress the fact the curse really ended in the end and "nothing's wrong" now. Of course that's not totally true but the episode was there to extend the feeling that after two seasons they got a well-deserved period of happiness.

The animation have been improving IMO, considering it's awfull begginings.

So, short summary: Relax people, it's the obligatory comedy episode (an awfully silly one at that).

Apr 12, 2009 8:26 AM

Nov 2007
I didn't mind this episode. It reminded me of how pretty much every arc of Higurashi starts, but to an extreme. As others have said, it shouldn't be taken seriously. I thought it was pretty funny XD
I'm excited to watch the next episode!
Apr 16, 2009 12:20 PM

Jan 2009
The new OP & ED is awesome !!

Damn, i laugh all along the episode !! This is just too damn funny !!
Apr 24, 2009 12:11 PM

Jul 2008
takano*drools* nuff said
Apr 28, 2009 6:55 AM

Apr 2009
This. Was hilarious.

I want more. D:<
if we die we'll meet again in valhalla...
May 4, 2009 7:31 PM
Nov 2007
Oh yay this has started airing, I was gonna finish Toradora but this comes first.

Comments made while watching:

-Wait its been 3 minutes and no one has died yet? Is this the same anime lol?

-Those are your briefs arent they?

-Dude you traveled back in time after you and your friends died repeatedly...magical briefs shouldn't be that much of a stretch.

-I still say Rika's head is FAR too big for her body.

-Shame exposing chapter...yeah I wonder whats going to happen...

-Wait...those brief's came with a manual?

-Girls...we have got to get Keiichi out of his briefs...

-Rika just bribed a kami with cream puffs...thats amazing.

-Wait I thought...wasnt she the evil lady who kept killing everyone...ill have to go back and watch the last episode of season 2 but im pretty sure she got arrested or something like that...unless this is a spin off that has nothing to do with the original plot.

-Syringe Kunai ftw

-A pool lifeguard carrying an electric stun gun...thats a wonderful idea (sarcasm).

-Keiichi is a dead man.

-What the heck is a T-square?

-All hail Furude Rika...banzai!!!

-Question: How are those guys surfing in a normal swimming pool?
Answer: Its an Anime Comedy...dont ask questions.

-You gotta be shitin me, she called in the special forces...

-Yeah instead your just a pervy boy sitting naked next to a pool surrounded by four pretty young ladies.

-Take it home Rena!

Post Episode Comments:

Well I knew this would be different since its only five episodes, not nearly enough time for the complex stories of seasons 1 and 2 but who knew you could take the characters from a psychological anime and use them so well in a purely comedic role. I was grinning through the whole thing seeing all the characters pop up. Im assuming that these episodes will have nothing to do with the original plot and are sort of just there for fan service but the first one at least I thought was nice.
May 14, 2009 2:42 AM

Dec 2008
lol even for being a pointless episode, it was crazy funny xD!
Laughed so much this episode (lol at when the the club found means to get everyone to hunt after Keiichi, the appearance of the "soul brothers", and how Tomitake stopped the missile with his chest xD).
I'm probably guessing this was just an intro and that the future episodes would continue with the story (be more serious) though.
May 18, 2009 5:11 PM

Feb 2007
:/

what the fuck??

This was not what I had hoped. I am so disappointed. :/
Jun 7, 2009 11:28 AM

May 2008
Haha, I loved it. Soul Brothers part was hilarious. Also, Rika is such a big pervert. xD
I liked the new art, though the eyes kinda seem weird with all that emptiness.
Loved the ED.
Jul 13, 2009 3:38 PM

Feb 2009
Lol that was hilarious, though I was expecting something else, something more like the TV show. ^^
Aug 11, 2009 1:44 AM

Mar 2009
That episode was so funny. xD!
I'd give it a 4/5.
The girls were so hilarious trying to get off his briefs. and the "soul Brothers" were just weird. >.>

Sep 5, 2009 10:08 PM

Aug 2007
What a mood killer after watching that.

....Why did I watch the whole episode. Whyyy.
Sep 14, 2009 9:19 AM

Jul 2009
HybridKira said:
Rena's nosebleed was epic!
So now i want the second one xD

Yeah laughed so hard when she did that xD

Quite a big leap from the previous two seasons but I haven't laughed this much in ages =P
Pure win niiipaaa~
Sep 30, 2009 1:01 AM

Dec 2008
Well, that was above my expectations it was funny like hell so I laughed until it hurts

as Keiichi was drooling in his mind about Mio and Rena I agreed
but when he was drooling about Satoko and Rika I was like WTF XD

good ecchiness in this episode,Takano *drool*

Rena is interested in Keiichi's sea bear
Rika's reaction at the end was also very good

I will watch it a second time...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 13, 2009 4:02 AM

May 2009
Good fan service episode... Loved the Rena nosebleed part, due thinking of cute stuff, needs to be bigger though.
Loved the Ciel reference of Chie sensei... :DDD
And last but not least Tomitake stopping that big granate bullet... XD
Nov 30, 2009 8:08 PM
Oct 2009
Oh come on guys! This was hilarious! How can you not love silly eps? I always thought one of higurashi's strengths was it's ability to do the Unexpected Genre Switch so often and so seamlessly. From slice-of-life high school comedy to murder mystery to psychological thiller... And that's just the first arc! Maybe this wasn't quite as seamless as the main series, but still great!
Yay for fun!
Jan 7, 2010 6:19 AM

Dec 2009
This episode was freaking hilarious!

And Takano... *drooool*
Jan 15, 2010 9:23 AM

Nov 2009
Looks like rena's eyes have been brushed up on abit. Enjoyed this episode, though in a more comedic way
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Gar_Logan - Aug 19, 2009

245 by KingOfMAL »»
Mar 19, 11:40 AM

Poll: » Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Katsuki - Jun 12, 2009

186 by Destroyer31 »»
Oct 12, 2023 12:41 AM

» Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei [Visual Novel Discussion]

waalex11 - Apr 14, 2023

1 by Ricedumpismyname »»
Apr 15, 2023 9:56 AM

» am i the only person disgusted by all this 'loli' shit?

AiyanaMiyuki - Dec 25, 2021

6 by removed-user »»
Nov 6, 2022 10:37 PM

» So... Miyo Takano is perfectly okay now???

Y-Stylzz - Sep 22, 2018

10 by _Adrian02_ »»
Sep 27, 2022 5:31 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.