Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Apr 23, 2014 7:41 AM

Jan 2009
1. Liking akari. She seems like a very strong older sis

2. The failed handkerchief + chloroform bit was funny

6/10
俺の命を百合に。
Currently translating Sono Hanabira ni Kuchizuke o - Atelier no Koibito-tachi -- when bored.
Above visual novel is 22.22% translated with progress uploaded to youtube; if you're into yuri VNs, check out my channel.
May 16, 2014 6:26 AM

Sep 2011
Well.... shit. Papa!? Haha
Jun 23, 2014 3:02 AM
May 2012
Poor Akari; she sacrificed many things T^T So, her boyfriend has a daughter :O
If that old guy is Tsumugu's father, then his mother must be a surface human. That explains why he knows many things about the sea.
Looks like Hikari is starting to mature more and accepting Tsumugu.
Jul 6, 2014 7:18 PM
Jul 2018
Nice! It seems that Hikari and Tsugumu are warming up to eachother.

And, oh shit, Akari's BF is a father?! :O
Jul 24, 2014 10:41 PM
Apr 2014
THAT EPISODE WAS SO MUCH CRY
Aug 15, 2014 12:48 AM
Jul 2018
Nice episode. It's great to see Hikari opening up to Tsumugu. And of course Manaka being adorable. Didn't expect that of Akari's boyfriend at the end though :o
Oct 5, 2014 10:05 PM

Jan 2012
Another R & J story-line by the looks of it, but still pretty interesting.
The characters are likable and I hope they all end up still being friends
in the end.

>> The teacher's reaction when they all jumped n the pond was priceless. XD
Nov 10, 2014 10:09 PM

Jul 2013
DAD? All these new twists, damn.

I still feel bad for Akari. Even if it means producing less children with Ena, you should really be able to follow your heart.

Tsumugu doesn't seem as bland now that he's actually friendly with everyone. Hikari's pretty much my favorite character right now, although I don't think he understands what he wants himself. He told Akari to give up on the guy, but then kept asking why she was giving up so fast. I wonder when he'll realize that he actually values following your heart over preserving tradition, and what he thinks he believes was actually just drilled into him by his culture.

Also really like Chiaki.
Dec 16, 2014 6:09 AM

Jan 2013
The drama between both "races" is really balanced.
Jan 10, 2015 5:22 AM

Aug 2013
Hikari has grown.. a little at least.
Nice to see Tsumugu finally laugh.. if he continue to look emotionless I'd just hate him.
But I'm rooting ffor Hikari all the way.. if they decided to go with Tsugumu or other then screw it.
What the heck.. PAPA?!?!! They're not reserved to keep any surprises are they ?
My heart feels heavy.. I wouldn't want every episode to be like this ughh.
Jan 10, 2015 8:59 PM

Nov 2014
So far it's interesting

Jan 26, 2015 6:42 PM
Jan 2015
I really like the somewhat subtle ways they show what characters are feeling. Sadness is a big one I feel done wrong in anime - the sister shaking at how things are progressing shows it enough without having the scene shift to her crying face.

For that, loved it!
Jan 26, 2015 6:46 PM

May 2014
ahxiian said:
Hikari has grown.. a little at least.
Nice to see Tsumugu finally laugh.. if he continue to look emotionless I'd just hate him.
But I'm rooting ffor Hikari all the way.. if they decided to go with Tsugumu or other then screw it.
What the heck.. PAPA?!?!! They're not reserved to keep any surprises are they ?
My heart feels heavy.. I wouldn't want every episode to be like this ughh.

You sir are in for a huge ride. Your feelings for it were very similar to mine. I don't want to spoil anything but I'll tell you that you will not be able to take your eyes off the screen man. Tell me what you think of the other epsiodes, I'd like to hear your thoughts. This is my favorite anime of all timel
Mar 10, 2015 2:21 AM

Feb 2013
Tsugumu's grandfather appears to be originally from the sea. That's probably why Tsugumu kows so much about the sea. I feel bad for Akari. It's obvious that she didn't want to break up with that guy. I love how Manaka finally told Tsugumu the truth. LOL at the little girl trying to give Hikari chloroform. That was hilarious! That ending. What?! Onto the next episode! Really like that ED!
Jul 27, 2015 10:09 AM

May 2014
This episode was a lot better than the last two. Hikari wasn't snapping at Manaka, Tsumugu is part of the group now, and more importantly we finally got some refreshing comedic relief. The drama was good too, and that twist with the old man was nice. 5/5 can't wait to see where this goes ^_^
~ The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Sep 5, 2015 9:56 AM
Mar 2014
"Chisaki, your taste in guys suck." The irony...

It was kinda weird to see Kihara and Hikai laughing together at the end, maybe they do can become friends, altough it wil prob be akward sometimes, i wonder who Manaka will chose.

Oh oh Akari's boyfriend has somthing intresting to say.
Sep 12, 2015 6:07 AM

Jun 2009
this show is fucken all over the place

HFrxn said:
I really like the somewhat subtle ways they show what characters are feeling. Sadness is a big one I feel done wrong in anime - the sister shaking at how things are progressing shows it enough without having the scene shift to her crying face.

For that, loved it!

this show is subtle like a brick through a window is subtle
Nov 26, 2015 11:04 AM

Dec 2012
WOW! This episode is really good!

Dec 22, 2015 5:56 PM

Sep 2015
Loving this anime so far!!! The visuals are amazing and I'm starting to like the characters... Let's see where it goes from here :)
Jan 14, 2016 8:03 PM

Mar 2013
kuuderes_shadow said:

I had a feeling Tsumugu had an ancestor from the sea. He was talking about himself when he mentioned children between the two not having ena.

Totally didn't see this before, but yes! It does make sense.

Edit: One of the little girls, the quiet one, looks like she's from the sea or atleast one of her parents were. Her eyes.
CarrotCakesJan 14, 2016 8:08 PM
Apr 7, 2016 3:13 AM

Mar 2014
Man .. It is just so refreshing that I cannot afford to put it into words .
Relaxation after all , makes you feel comfort because of the feeling that you get.
I'll be watching it without too much content but I'll still be pointing out things ~ .
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 20, 2016 6:46 PM

Feb 2013
I just want Akari to be happy.
May 19, 2016 6:49 AM

Feb 2016
Nov 24, 2016 3:13 AM

Feb 2013
I understand why the banish the ones who go out with people from the surface now, it's not a bad thing considering that their kids won't have "ena".
Tsumugu is too good.
Dec 6, 2016 8:35 PM

Jun 2014
Hikari: "Chisaki, your taste in guys sucks" -- hahaaa if only you knew.
Feb 7, 2017 10:59 AM
Jan 2016
HIKARI IS MY FAVORITE CHARACTER FROM THIS SERIES he got some character development and it's easy to understand why he did act like this with Akari's guy like Akari is HIS SISTER AND HE LOVE HER SO MUCH SO SEEING HER CRYING AND SUFFERING LIKE THAT BECAUSE OF A GUY HE WILL OBVIOUSLY PUNCH THE GUY AND WE SHOULD NOT FORGET THAT HE IS A KID WHICH ALSO MEANS THAT HE DOESN'T UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING LIKE SERIOUSLY WHEN I WAS AT THIS AGE I DIDN'T UNDERSTAND ANYTHING SO I WOULD SERIOUSLY ACT LIKE HIM IF I WAS AT HIS PLACE SO HE'S A REALISTIC CHARACTER AND I LOVE HIM FOR THAT
Now we know why Tsumugu knows so much about the sea people and we did get an explanation why the sea people will be banished from the village if they married the land people
That cliffhanger at the end didn't see that coming
A very good episode excited to see which direction this series will take
May 25, 2017 6:05 AM

Sep 2016
When middle school char's act like middle school char's they called it annoying...smh,most peeps more liking yuno gasai or river Nate chars,geez unrealistic!
Btw good episode to reviel the story,hope it'll get better and better
Aug 15, 2017 4:49 AM

Mar 2015
Well Hikari got some development, finally.

Also lol an affair or something?

And by the way, did they get the ramen though?

Nov 26, 2017 3:11 PM
Nov 2017
I like that Hikari getting over his prejudice of surface people, and I also thought that the ending scene had some funny dialogue from the little girl in the pigtails, and a interesting twist to.
A Lot of people seem to be talking about Hikari x Tsumugu, but am I the only one who ships Chisaki and Kaname?
Dec 24, 2017 6:33 AM

Nov 2016
Tsumugu is a great guy,glad that he officially became friends with the others.

But the end got me like...wut ?

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Jan 25, 2018 7:59 AM

Jul 2015
Akari had to give up the protection of being young due to the death of her mother, and later also her objectives so Hikari could choose what he wanted, him coming to understand her feelings lead to a fantastic development on Hikari, very great execution.
Jan 12, 2019 11:31 AM
Apr 2016
Well, they're focusing not only on the romance aspect, so I'll give credits to that. So far lookin' good.
Jun 30, 2019 5:02 AM
Apr 2019
Jesus, my dude Hikari really has to relax a little sksksk At first it was ok with me, because I could blame it on him just being overprotective, but geez that guy's kinda annoying oop- Akari and Manaka have really grown on me, though and Kaname is just really chill (deserves better tho, Chisaki and him would be cute together imo). I was really shook when those two girls turned out to be Akari's boyfriend's children, cause?? Is he married and cheating? Did his wife die? Did he adopt those girls? Another thing I noticed was, that all sea-people had blue eyes and all land-people brown eyes but one of those kids had like greyish-blue eyes too, which makes me wonder, whether this dude's wife (if there was one to begin with) was one of the sea-people too. Anyway, Akari is literally the sweetest and it makes me really sad to see her fake all the laughs and smiles and pretend like it doesn't hurt her :( The scene where she was crying at night in context with their mom's death was heartbreaking. Hikari should definitely talk it out with her and support her a little more. I understand that he doesn't like land-people, but I think this is a case, where he should definitely have his priorities straight, cause I don't think his dislike towards them is bigger than Akari's importance to him. At least I hope it isn't.
Dec 24, 2020 12:36 PM

Jun 2017
They even have phones underwater lol. It is strange how no sharks or other dangerous fish are in their village. Maybe they have some system to keep them out.
Everyone is getting along well now. All the land people except Tsumugu still seems to be disliking them though.
Jul 1, 2022 8:34 PM

Jan 2021
They seem to be getting along now, but I suspect it'll flare up again sooner or later when Makana finally understands what she is feeling. If she does like him, I hope someone else comes along that Hikari falls for. I know there's Chisaki, but I feel like Kaname likes her. I just hope everyone in their friend group comes out of this with something and is happy.

Also, as much as Hikari may not like it, at least he is trying to make Akari happy. And boy does she need it since she's grown up too fast and hasn't thought about herself much (boy do I know that feeling).

I feel like Hikari is going to undergo some development these next few episodes (as long as he doesn't get roped in with that little girl's plans). From what I've seen these past few episodes is that Hikari acts like a typical middle school boy would, which is understandable since he is one.

This was funny
AcctraJul 1, 2022 8:38 PM

Jul 8, 2022 3:56 PM

May 2017
Did Akari really say that there aren't enough unmarried men in the Sea village?? Like what the fuck is she supposed to do, how is she supposed to procreate if she wanted to, if there aren't even enough dudes to date?? Suddenly people are banished if they want to marry people from the land, these are the "rules" of the village. Ridiculous
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 3, 2014

652 by oooo3333 »»
Apr 3, 12:02 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2013

385 by Wishimog »»
Feb 18, 10:10 PM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2014

353 by trabeus1 »»
Jan 18, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Nagi no Asukara Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 20, 2014

431 by Redcher »»
Sep 30, 2023 5:48 AM

» Your emotions throughout?

sorames - Jun 8, 2023

12 by mo_lave »»
Sep 26, 2023 8:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.