Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 29, 2007 6:18 PM

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another entertaining episode. The stories are progressing nicely. I liked the little background on Hiro, Kei, and Chihiro. And Chihiro's yelling really got to me. Very good stuff. I'll be looking forawrd to the next episode.
Oct 29, 2007 8:33 PM

Oct 2007
hiu hiu! way to go Renji! \o\ xDDD
I'm really cheering for those two =)

And, forgive me Kei fans, but I think Miyako is the best pairing to Hirono ^^

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#koharubi@irc.rizon.net
#ayu@irc.rizon.net

Oct 29, 2007 10:57 PM

Oct 2007
I loved this episode, the confession is just... ^_^
Sorry for Miyako fans, but I just don't like her.
Oct 30, 2007 12:17 AM

Jun 2007
the episodes just keep getting better and better and that opening theme gets me every time. This series is just full of win.
Oct 30, 2007 1:39 AM

Oct 2007
DeathfireD said:
the episodes just keep getting better and better and that opening theme gets me every time. This series is just full of win.

Quoted for the truth.

We demand more Hiro + Miyako moments ! One of the best "couples" i´ve seen in a long time.
Oct 30, 2007 4:46 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Wow, I loved this episode. It was awesome. The art, the conversatoins.. hope they will keep this up.
cyruzOct 30, 2007 6:39 AM

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 30, 2007 5:54 AM

Oct 2007
Juicy episode four drama. <3

Even though you could see where this was going the second Kei picked up that cook book, i still very much enjoyed seeing it being played out. Plenty of Miyako goodness also, which was a nice treat.

Quite happy with how Renji/Chihiro ended this episode. Not only impressive to watch, it's just that now i have to start thinking how this one can go wrong (something to do with her memory i guess), 'cause it's to early for happiness.
Oct 30, 2007 7:44 AM

Sep 2007
Also a fan of Hiro/Miyako ^^ Although I have to say it hurt to see Kei walk in at the wrong time =/

"Why does someone else know more about me than myself?" :(
Oct 30, 2007 10:38 AM
Sep 2006
Damn, Chihiro and Renji are too cute, after seeing the whole Can I kiss you scene I did this on AIM

I like my romantic moments obviously, but I've been cheering those two on for awhile as my favorite couple. I'm still in awwww-la-la-land. So if you'll excuse me... oh, and I should mention I liked the running ED.
Oct 30, 2007 12:52 PM
Aug 2007
nice romantic yet sad episode very nice
Oct 30, 2007 4:17 PM

Sep 2007
I'm a sucker for romance.
Oct 30, 2007 5:50 PM

Jun 2007
Faust721 said:
Another entertaining episode. The stories are progressing nicely. I liked the little background on Hiro, Kei, and Chihiro. And Chihiro's yelling really got to me. Very good stuff. I'll be looking forawrd to the next episode.

yup yup completely agree with you. that is why Chihiro is my favorite well chihiro and Miyako
i however dont like the movie producer video guy
Oct 30, 2007 7:37 PM

Jun 2007
hiro x Miyako is one of the best pairs indeed
chihiro's confession to renji "the yesterday's me would have kissed you", pure of win
renji x chihiro win as well

Kei... sad about what happened to her... but, i'm also happy since hiro x Miyako is working well... 5/5

new ED wins as well... nice animation in it...

is it just me... or did the lyrics in the OP change?
TsundereRicOct 30, 2007 8:38 PM
Oct 31, 2007 1:28 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Richard_Omega said:

Before the OP single with the official lyrics is released, the fansubbers have to rely on their ears. And since it's engrish, it's only natural that some words sound different. So most groups adjust their OP/ED lyrics after the release of the singles.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 31, 2007 11:47 AM
Jun 2007
There's a lot of different stories in this anime... I don't get it, what is the connection between all those stories...? :\
Oct 31, 2007 12:14 PM
Sep 2006
EvilDevil said:
There's a lot of different stories in this anime... I don't get it, what is the connection between all those stories...? :

Either we haven't been told yet or there is more of a symbolic connection since all the characters seem to be going through a distinctive growth in their life.
Oct 31, 2007 1:49 PM

Jun 2007
Memory Girl is Crying Basketball Girl's Twin Sister who is the object of interest of Camera Guy who is Manga Guy's best friend.

Oct 31, 2007 1:52 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Legion17 said:
Memory Girl is Crying Basketball Girl's Twin Sister who is the object of interest of Camera Guy who is Manga Guy's best friend.

The way you put it makes it sound funny.

xD

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 31, 2007 7:37 PM

Jun 2007
I'll make it simpler lol.

Manga guy (Hiro Hirono) is childhood friends with both basket ball girl (Kei Shindou) and memory loss girl (Chihiro Shindou).

Basket ball girl (Kei Shindou) is the younger twin sister of memory loss girl (Chihiro Shindou).

Book Boy (Renji Asou) likes memory loss girl (Chihiro Shindou) and she likes him (most of the time).

Basket Ball girl is object of interest of Camera guy (Kyosuke Tsutsumi).

Crazy horny girl (Miyako Miyamura) likes Manga guy (Hiro Hirono).
Basket ball girl (Kei Shindou) also likes Manga guy and childhood friend (Hiro Hirono).

The one thing they all have in common is that they all know or see the two twin sisters.

Heres a visual of what I just said

I'll make a better one later.

/start rant
So after watching the latest ep, it could be concluded that if those twin sisters did not drag manga kid away from his work, he would never have gotten into manga and probably would have focused on trying to get into a good art college (of course never skipping school and never meeting horny girl), one of the sisters would not have fallen in love with him, the other one probably would not have gotten into that accident (i'm sure we will learn the cause later), and all the other characters probably would have met under different circumstances.

/end rant

DeathfireDOct 31, 2007 11:09 PM
Oct 31, 2007 7:47 PM

Jun 2007
cyruz said:
Richard_Omega said:

Before the OP single with the official lyrics is released, the fansubbers have to rely on their ears. And since it's engrish, it's only natural that some words sound different. So most groups adjust their OP/ED lyrics after the release of the singles.

hmm i see... i thought they were just changing the OP song for different lyrics or something
thanks for making this clear to me
Oct 31, 2007 8:19 PM

Oct 2007
Ishitori said:
hiu hiu! way to go Renji! o xDDD
I'm really cheering for those two =)

And, forgive me Kei fans, but I think Miyako is the best pairing to Hirono ^^

shami4241 said:
I loved this episode, the confession is just... ^_^

LOL, looks like we will be having some Kei vs Miyako pairing fight soon, lol

Seriously an amazing episode, the way everything is told, the progress, its just soo much different that every other anime you encounter.
In short words: "IT CAPTIVATES YOU!!!"
Oct 31, 2007 10:55 PM

Aug 2007
haha. I love the explanations in page 1 of the thread. I found an ecchi book!
Nov 1, 2007 8:33 AM

Jul 2007
shami4241 said:

Hear hear! I don't like her either.

><' Renji x Chihiro all the way!!!
This episode was so awesome. This anime really keeps me on the edge of my seat. It's also nice to see that the twins got Hiro into drawing manga.
Nov 1, 2007 8:36 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
I like both couples, I prefer Chihiro X Renjo though. No need to hate on the other two.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Nov 1, 2007 11:35 AM

Jun 2007
xD I love the visual thing. Is it just me or are the ankles and legs of the girls really skinny? It kind of bugs me it looks like they're anorexic or something.

?_? || Mo <3: squrrriles kidnapped her let's eat theree nuts || ♪♫♪
Nov 1, 2007 11:56 AM

Oct 2006
Best episode yet.

I really liked how things developed in this episode, and to be honest I like both couples. I'm finally getting used to Chihiro's voice :P.

The art aspect was awesomely directed once again.
Nov 1, 2007 1:11 PM

Oct 2007
Very good episode ^-^
I liked the confession (Renji-kun was bad this day so he don't gets a kiss, but a hug will do it *__*) but i don't agree that Miyako-chan is a pest...i really want to taste her food XD

Nice ED BTW ^^
Nov 1, 2007 6:26 PM

Oct 2007
Kayrhandros said:
The art aspect was awesomely directed once again.

Shaft/Shinbo know how it's done.
Nov 1, 2007 11:26 PM

Apr 2007
Another awesome ep, thou at first when Chihiro started acting the way she did to Renji I was kind like wtf!??? But when she said "Why does somebody else know more about me than I do?" that all changed, that was pure genious right there. *Goes to favourite quote*
I need moar ef!
edit: Oh yeah Miyako was <3 ^^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 2, 2007 2:10 PM

Oct 2007
I'm in love with this episode! Great final scene between Chihiro and Renji.
Also loved how Miyako and Hirono are progressing. Very cute~

Nov 2, 2007 9:47 PM

Oct 2007
I really like how this is progressing. The animation is growing on me; you almost get this abstract, mystical feeling to it. Not your run-of-the-mill anime, this is going to get really good. One of my favorites of the currently airing anime.
Nov 2, 2007 11:25 PM

Jun 2007
Hiro + Miyako! its a better pairing than Hiro x Kei. I just dont like her =.= not sure why, but wut ever, go Renji!!! so daring he is <3
The ED changed didnt it? . _.

Nov 3, 2007 4:39 PM

Oct 2007
AegisReborn said:
I really like how this is progressing. The animation is growing on me; you almost get this abstract, mystical feeling to it. Not your run-of-the-mill anime, this is going to get really good. One of my favorites of the currently airing anime.

I agree, it has a very surreal quality. I love the animation, it feels like an anime trying to be an art film.

DeathfireD said:
Spoiler for the large amount of text.

I lol'd at the chart. Not because it's not well done or inaccurate, just that the idea that someone would take the effort of making a chart to explain relationships in an anime seems so odd. Good work on it though, it should help people who are confused by the simultaneous stories and how they relate.
ihasnomalNov 3, 2007 4:46 PM
Nov 3, 2007 8:47 PM

Jun 2007
Your forgetting Blonde hair and Manga guy are friends.

Nov 4, 2007 1:53 AM

Jun 2007
ya, I'll have to fix that.
Nov 4, 2007 2:56 AM

Oct 2007
That is why its a good show, so many things to follow, so much curiosity. :P
Nov 4, 2007 6:31 AM

Apr 2007
So, by now we can assume the story being told in the OP about the girl beind alone in an island is Chihiro's story. Very good stuff, it's a very interesting feature.

Miyako seems to not want to talk about her life at all. It's like a personification of stereotype for Hiro, really cool stuff. But I can't help but want more Chihiro moments. Her side is so bittersweet, and I'm a sucker for drama.

More! This is addicting, I want more!
Nov 4, 2007 1:20 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
mqf said:
xD I love the visual thing. Is it just me or are the ankles and legs of the girls really skinny? It kind of bugs me it looks like they're anorexic or something.

For some scenes, yeah. It bugs me occasionally as well.

Loved the "can I kiss you part" xD

And Deathfire, you forgot that Renji went to the gray-haired "adult" guy for advice. Dunno how he knows him though... Wondering who the blue haired (nun?) is too.
Nov 5, 2007 12:12 AM

Jun 2007
Kineta said:
mqf said:

For some scenes, yeah. It bugs me occasionally as well.

Loved the "can I kiss you part" xD

And Deathfire, you forgot that Renji went to the gray-haired "adult" guy for advice. Dunno how he knows him though... Wondering who the blue haired (nun?) is too.

ummmmm ya i'm not sure what he is either. Probably a relative or close family friend since the mother wanted Renji to bring food over to him. I wont add him till we find out for sure. Same goes for the other characters.

PS. I'm happy people found my chart useful haha. I guess I'll continue to update it as the show progresses.
Nov 5, 2007 12:18 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
DeathfireD said:
ummmmm ya i'm not sure what he is either. Probably a relative or close family friend since the mother wanted Renji to bring food over to him. I wont add him till we find out for sure. Same goes for the other characters.

PS. I'm happy people found my chart useful haha. I guess I'll continue to update it as the show progresses.

Your hard work is appreciated! Except, I wasn't talking about the guy he brought food to. I meant the guy looking after Chihirio. In the first ep I think, he gave Renji career advice. But it hasn't really be touched on since, so maybe it's irrelevant.
Nov 6, 2007 12:06 AM

Jun 2007
Kineta said:
DeathfireD said:

Your hard work is appreciated! Except, I wasn't talking about the guy he brought food to. I meant the guy looking after Chihirio. In the first ep I think, he gave Renji career advice. But it hasn't really be touched on since, so maybe it's irrelevant.

Oh that guy. He gave him advice in two eps. The first it was unintentional. If you remember Renji wasn't specifically looking for him per say, but since he was always there at the church, he just asked for advice anyway. The second time was when he just gave Renji a warning "friendly advice" about the girl. He did it in a cool way without giving the kid to much info (he probably did that because its her private life and she should be the one to tell him). Renji didn't know him at all before those times. It's kind of like if you had a sister and she had some kind of issues that you didn't want to make public but you saw her getting along with someone and wanted to just give them a hint that theres something wrong and they should be carefully. Thats kind of what that guy was doing. "If you cant stand the heat then get out of the fire" type thing. So I dont think we can consider them friends yet....I suppose if he continues to see Chihirio they may become friends.
Dec 30, 2007 7:17 PM

Oct 2007
renji and chihiro are just too fucking adorable. its like such a cute romance i cant get over it "can i kiss you" "no, because i dont like renji of today, yesterday it would have been fine" ahhh i love it.

i dont like miyako as a character, but i dont like the pairing of hiro x kei. i think the "color" he's going to find will be through miyako, and not kei.. but miyakos personality is so annoying.
Jan 10, 2008 6:58 PM

May 2007
My head is so messed up right now i can't write my thoughts correctly =.="
(Btw, that chart is missing the "Best Frends line", if anyone already said that, srry tl:dr)
Feb 6, 2008 9:53 AM

Oct 2007
Haha, a paycheck for 37 yen. what a loser. that what 25 cents.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 15, 2008 1:39 PM

Feb 2008
I loved this episode!
Poor Kei-chan =(

I'm loving the OP btw.
And I wonder how much they spent on each episode.
Mar 15, 2008 3:20 AM

Feb 2008
Yeah, the art is OVERWHELMINGLY done! It looks like each episode is a MOVIE in a DVD quality.
Apr 4, 2008 7:32 PM

Apr 2007
There were so many great moments in this episode. I laughed quite a bit when Hiro started explaining the perils of bad cooking to Miyako. After seeing Kei's cooking, he must've been through a lot. Miyako conveniently deflected the question regarding her family so I'm interested in when they'll get around to tackling that issue of hers.

Renji and Chihiro's scenes were very nice. I'm cheering for him all the way.

Kyosuke once again spent the majority of the episode in the background so I still don't quite know what to make of him.

As for Kei, I just can't root for her. Hiro x Miyako ftw.

Metroid_Ex said:
Haha, a paycheck for 37 yen. what a loser. that what 25 cents.

I don't believe that was his check. That's a bank statement of how much money he has left in his savings.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
May 20, 2008 9:58 PM

Dec 2007
I'm a big fan of the whole Renji and Chihiro romance, it contains many "awww" moments that I'm such a sucker for. It also needs more of the movie guy, see I don't even remember his name, since he hasn't really been explored at all but I don't really like him that much.

#NBHNC
May 21, 2008 10:44 PM

May 2008
good stuff. youd think hiro would notice how kei feels by now though.
Jun 9, 2008 9:53 PM

Jun 2008
Well... I love this series!!!

But I thought that the scene with the waves.... around the middle of it... it was a bit overdone... when Chihiro started yelling and stuff ^^'

But I really wanna see more of the part where they showed all the characters as children... I love parts like that!!! It's a REALLY interesting series that has me hooked right now >.<

StabbyPWNSJun 20, 2008 5:13 AM

Sig WILL change soon~
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » ef - a tale of memories Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

cyruz - Nov 21, 2007

279 by mattchoo »»
Feb 3, 4:46 PM

» Popularity of this show?? For people who watched when it came out

kcvthewrld - Sep 8, 2023

6 by flomu »»
Nov 27, 2023 12:52 AM

Poll: » ef - a tale of memories Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

radiantfire - Dec 22, 2007

332 by salarx »»
Nov 10, 2023 1:59 AM

Poll: » ef - a tale of memories Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

dancu - Dec 12, 2007

196 by AaronPvP »»
Aug 19, 2023 2:40 PM

Poll: » ef - a tale of memories Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

radiantfire - Dec 17, 2007

195 by FarCritical »»
May 5, 2023 8:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.