Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (34) « First ... « 20 21 [22] 23 24 » ... Last »
Oct 1, 2013 10:52 PM

Jul 2013
ernietheracefan said:
does anyone notice that Eren & Annie are facing backward inside their Titan napes...??

When they went to rip each other out (Annie first time, Eren second time), they peeled the skin off. The bodies are actually attached the skin being peeled off, hence why they face up.
Deconstruction ≠ Darker & Edgier
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Fanservice ≠ Ecchi (Though ecchi can please the fans!)
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe
Seinen = K-ON! Shounen, Shoujo, Seinen and Josei are demographics.
Anime/Manga = Japanese Cartoons! Deal with it.

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
Oct 1, 2013 11:23 PM

May 2013
Daw11 said:
I'm going to change the score of this series from 10 to 9 because of this episode.

Ye me too, many people complained about the Fire Eren thing, but it actually didn't bother me that much. It was kinda entertaining to watch if not a bit misleading for non-manga readers since it's not an actual "power" he's supposed to have.
But what dropped the ball for me was the cliffhanger at the end, they could have made the effect so much better !!!

Overall it was a pretty epic Anime, looking forward to season 2 if it happens !
I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don’t hesitate to call.
Oct 1, 2013 11:59 PM

Nov 2009
at least IG made it look better than guilty crown...a lot ^_^
8/10
i'll look forward for season 2, coz they have a lot of explaining to do on this TITANic mess they made XD

Oct 2, 2013 12:25 AM

Jan 2013
Mikasa really wants Eren's D.

Anyway, 7.5-8/10 for me.
Dat cliffhanger tho.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Oct 2, 2013 12:35 AM

Nov 2009
SnK being boss and creating a cliffhanger till the last episode
Oct 2, 2013 12:38 AM

Jul 2013
The cliffhanger was poorly done IMO. Does it really seem like a cliffhanger to you guys at all? I'm asking anime only people here. Like honestly, the heck? They could chose a more suitable OST to go with in order to make you go 'oh shit'. Instead, its more like some kind of joke. Not to mention the plot implications, but that's another can of worms.
Trope ≠ Cliché (Face it, nothing is completely original. Can't make something from nothing so to say.).
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe

Support Movember. Raise awareness of men's health issues. Put a mustache on your avatars or something...
Oct 2, 2013 1:16 AM

Apr 2013
HalfMetalJacket said:
The cliffhanger was poorly done IMO. Does it really seem like a cliffhanger to you guys at all? I'm asking anime only people here. Like honestly, the heck? They could chose a more suitable OST to go with in order to make you go 'oh shit'. Instead, its more like some kind of joke. Not to mention the plot implications, but that's another can of worms.

Yeah it definitely seemed out of place. It should have been a creepy revelation, but it just sounded off.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Oct 2, 2013 2:45 AM
Jul 2012
Welp, they changed one of WTF moments in SNK into a cheap teaser. Thanks Araki-kun... just like what Isayama-sensei said... It's ''Supa Ekusurento!!!111!11!''
Signature removed. See your messages for more information.
Oct 2, 2013 4:08 AM

Jul 2013
FailAtLife said:
Welp, they changed one of WTF moments in SNK into a cheap teaser. Thanks Araki-kun... just like what Isayama-sensei said... It's ''Supa Ekusurento!!!111!11!''

I think that comment was referring to Annie's laugh, not this episode. It's still funny to imagine him saying that though.
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe

Oct 2, 2013 9:21 AM

Sep 2012
AironicallyHuman said:
Shicchi said:
Oh and here, found it on facebook.....

Mikasa's lines in Shingeki no Kyojin #25 (chronologically)

- "What choice do we have? The world is a cruel place." (0:01)
- "Eren" (1:01)
- "Eren" (6:44)
- "Eren!" (10:48)
- "Eren!" (10:53)
- "I won't let that happen!" (12:06)
- "Annie... fall." (12:23)
- "Eren!" (13:23)
- "Eren!" (14:11)
- "Eren" (15:12)
- "Eren" (17:59)
- "Are you feeling okay?" (18:10)
- "Yeah" (18:24)
- "Eren" (19:42)
- "I'm glad you came back." (20:00)
- "Eat" (20:47)

lol

Mikasa saying Eren SO MANY TIMES
Mikasa is not a titan guyz, Mikasa is a Pokémon. Her real name is Erenchu.
Oct 2, 2013 10:08 AM
Dec 2012
Mikasa is not a titan guyz, Mikasa is a Pokémon. Her real name is Erenchu.[/quote said:

I see... now I know XD
I'm about to watch it :3
Oct 2, 2013 11:12 AM
Jul 2012
Ironi_EGOIST said:
Mikasa is not a titan guyz, Mikasa is a Pokémon. Her real name is Mikachu.
Fixed

HalfMetalJacket said:
Annie's laugh
Behold! The birth of a yandere.
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/613/227/cbd.jpg
Signature removed. See your messages for more information.
Oct 2, 2013 11:13 AM

Dec 2007
Attack on Titan dropped .04 points from 9.02 to 8.98.

shitstorm
Oct 2, 2013 4:12 PM
Jul 2013
Darude said:

shitstorm

Welp, saw this coming with them people who bashed ep 25.

Still, on top 10, still cool.
Oct 2, 2013 4:17 PM

Jun 2013
Amarrez said:
I am so fucking mad right now, you have no idea. I've defended some of the changes the anime has made up to this point, but they just took a massive shit on the manga and I'm quite annoyed.

Eren as some kind of wacky fire titan are you serious?

Well, at least they still managed to get the reveal in at the end, even if it felt a bit pathetic. God damn it they fucking blew it.

Stop being such a drama queen. The episode was great for everyone but you manga readers.
Oct 2, 2013 4:22 PM

Sep 2011
Darude said:

shitstorm

Its just averaging out. It happens to the best of them.
Oct 2, 2013 4:24 PM

Jun 2013
LeElPsy89 said:
Avarage anime, final episode gets 5/10, complete anime gets 6/10. thanks for nothing WIT. :>

You give this show a 6/10 and then I look at your profile and the show
K-On!! is a 10/10? I'm sorry but your comment is as valuable as the poop in my toilet.
Oct 2, 2013 4:55 PM

Jul 2013
AnimeSweden said:
LeElPsy89 said:
Avarage anime, final episode gets 5/10, complete anime gets 6/10. thanks for nothing WIT. :>

You give this show a 6/10 and then I look at your profile and the show
K-On!! is a 10/10? I'm sorry but your comment is as valuable as the poop in my toilet.

Some people like moe SOL shows.

Darude said:

shitstorm

Makes no difference to me. Getting higher wouldn't help SNK anyway. Just gets more flak for being overrated IMO.

Mod Edit
Double post merged.
ThangLongOct 3, 2013 1:25 AM
Popular ≠ Sucks... maybe

Oct 2, 2013 6:00 PM

Aug 2012
Darude said:

shitstorm

It's fine, it's still in top 10.
Oct 2, 2013 6:50 PM
Jul 2013
HalfMetalJacket said:
Darude said:

shitstorm

Makes no difference to me. Getting higher wouldn't help SNK anyway. Just gets more flak for being overrated IMO.

Unless Season 2 arrives, which would top season 1 IMO (Arc-wise and character development wise also).
Oct 2, 2013 8:20 PM

Mar 2013
Man, I laughed out loud when they flattened that congregation, but then felt immediately bad when it cut to the ashen faced little girl from Rozen Maiden. However, I do think that it was high time that the foppish lads of Strohess district, and the social elite in general, actually came face to face with the proximate danger of the Titans that they’ve been so inclined to ignore.

As a manga reader, I can say that, relative to where the anime ended, most of the big reveals are just around the corner. Unfortunately, they’re just breadcrumbs, and haven’t actually led to a viable theory as to exactly what might be going on – within the walls and without.

Also, and maybe I'm the only one who thinks this would be funny, but could someone make a picture of Eren-Titan behind Annie-Titan , with the caption “Going in DRY,” followed by a close up of Annie’s response face?
Captioned like so: http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/581/546/251.jpg

StickyWizardOct 3, 2013 12:01 AM
"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
- Douglas Adams

"...but all these feels that are currently assaulting me don't seem to care. Conversely, I'm also aggressively erect at the moment..."
Oct 2, 2013 9:00 PM

Jun 2012
I'm glad that it at least ended the series with Annie's fight being done, and still enough time to wrap things up.

Well, at least I know for sure that it doesn't end there, because, my god, it was so slow. Luckily, that was my largest issue with the series, so knowing that it's not over yet allows me to accept it's unbelievable slow pace.
, and it's pretty obvious this is the SAO of the year, one of those that everyone's heard of and most have seen.

From me, I give it a 7 or 8 out of 10, but this can raise depending on the series as a whole (both/all seasons). Well, I got to say, if there is going to be a S2, I'm pretty excited.
, and the best thing about this series for me, was, by far, the OSTs.
Anyway, I'm sure this will be the talk for the while, but I'll see you guys again if there is a season two (which I don't see why not, but I'm not sure how far the manga has gone).

I just checked, this thread doesn't have as many pages as Aku no Hana episode 1 discussion, but maybe it'll get there xD

Oct 2, 2013 11:09 PM

Jan 2013
Well, at least they still managed to get the reveal in at the end, even if it felt a bit pathetic. God damn it they fucking blew it.

JaksserOct 2, 2013 11:18 PM
Oct 3, 2013 3:35 AM
Aug 2012
Easily the most overrated anime of all time. It really goes to show how easily impressed people are.

The series as a whole wasn't bad, but it was average at best. The characters were extremely 2 dimensional, plus the amount of melodrama was staggering. The art/music wasn't my cup of tea either but I can see why people like it.

When I get back to rating stuff again this will be an easy 5/10.
Oct 3, 2013 3:40 AM
Jul 2013
Sorayin said:
Easily the most overrated anime of all time. It really goes to show how easily impressed people are.

The series as a whole wasn't bad, but it was average at best. The characters were extremely 2 dimensional, plus the amount of melodrama was staggering. The art/music wasn't my cup of tea either but I can see why people like it.

'The most overrated anime of all time' is overrated.
Oct 3, 2013 6:16 AM
Sep 2013
Sorayin said:

It's overrated for a reason.. what makes it special is that the manga doesn't stick to the usual "shounen formulas".. episode 21 showed us how "nakama power" is useless against unbeatable odds..
Oct 3, 2013 6:49 AM

Oct 2012
So, the miner was really Annie's father?

Anyway, the end. I still don't know what Annie's reasons were and why Eren suddenly evolved. And it sorta ends in cliffhanger cause there will be no episodes until spring 2015 earliest (manga has to accumulate many more chapters). Some questions were left unanswered and Eren's key (that should be their (and his!) top priority from the start if they used logic) is still left without meaning. Guess this was just a preview for manga after all.

So, now for my score - this is 7/10 for me, there were too many drags and repeats in this show that it was hardly satisfying and almost painful sometime but if they made three full-lenght movies of this and cut all unneeded content it would be great. I guess anyone who watches it know without need to wait a week would me more content than rest of us wating and waiting for almost no story developement. Well, till next time then.
Oct 3, 2013 12:02 PM

Jun 2012
Sorayin said:

"Insert popular anime here" is the most overrated anime of all time.
Seriously? This crap again? Listen, I understand if you didn't like it as much as other people did, but that doesn't make it overrated.

There's a reason Shingeki no Kyojin is popular and that is because many people enjoy it. It's like that for any popular anime, once it becomes well known and talked about then the so called "cool kids" come in and start throwing the word "overrated" around because they feel like it makes them special.

Just a few examples:
Code Geass
Death Note
FMA Brotherhood
Gintama (I didn't really enjoy it but I won't go around calling it overrated)
(>'_')>#
~Here's a waffle, please calm down...

"See that? She's cute and popular. You could say that her milkshakes bring all the boys to the yard. But YOU club President... your milkshakes are wasted on you. In other words, you're wasteful." ~D-Frag (Best.Reference.Ever.)
Oct 3, 2013 3:13 PM
Feb 2012
so who is the guy that was digging under the wall I don't think I got that part XD

but seriously best anime I have ever watched in my life I hope there is a season 2 :( cuz I'm too sad to let go of this anime I really can't move on like I usually do after every anime I don't know why T-T
Oct 3, 2013 8:56 PM

Nov 2012
Mich666 said:
Eren's key (that should be their (and his!) top priority from the start if they used logic) is still left without meaning.

They first need to retake all of Wall Maria (which is a fucking huge area), then retake the Shiganshina district to get to his house
Oct 3, 2013 10:15 PM

Apr 2013
just beast!
Like robots? Then watch getter robot :D
Oct 3, 2013 11:39 PM

May 2012
Easy 9/10. I just wish we got some more answers instead of being left with so many questions. Might raise the score after the next season.
Oct 4, 2013 2:49 AM

Aug 2012
FailAtLife said:
Shicchi said:

lol
Holy cruel this world is Eren. Jizz... taku(no weeaboo) Mikasa really...
Eren this Eren that... Eren,Eren,Eren,Eren,Eren,Eren,Eren,Eren,Eren,Eren,Eren,
What a major turn off... I can't fap to this :(

Found this to match up some of those "Eren lines"

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/1385137_335697493234135_159884026_n.jpg
Oct 4, 2013 3:30 AM

Aug 2012
Shicchi said:

lol

And she's one of my favourite characters...

I really don't understand how AoT was mediocre in any way? I thought it was maybe a little slow in the middle when Erren discovers his titan powers and maybe all the deaths was a little repetitive, but I loved it. The art was undeniably pretty darn good, even with all the still frames, the musics was epic, the story interesting and sure maybe the characters were a little flat but I still liked them and I don't think this anime relies on characters as much as others do because it's so plot driven.
I'm genuinely curious about the titans in the wall and Annie, so much so that I ended up reading the manga.
Oct 4, 2013 4:39 AM
Sep 2013
I don't deny that this series develops some characters slowly, but I feel it's getting too much flak for the characters.

It's a plot driven story set in a world where humanity is threatened with extinction. Experiencing this world as a child can cause serious tunnel vision, which is quite understandable. When you're constantly beset by the need for self-preservation, being nuanced and concerned about many different things is a luxury that most cannot afford. To think otherwise is to think that a child soldier growing up in a warzone (or even, to stretch the analogy, a wild animal) will develop a highly complex personality. It's easy for us to take such a personality for granted because we didn't grow up under such circumstances.

I think Isayama realizes this. In fact, I think that most character traits that viewers or readers see as flaws and may dislike (sometimes intensely) are intentional. There's some character with a persistent weakness that irritates or angers you? Good; that is probably the author's intention.

For example, Mikasa's over-attachment to Eren is probably what catches the most flak out of any character trait. But let's think for a second; what aspect of Mikasa does not come from Eren?
- Eren gave Mikasa her life. Without him, she would have grown up a child sex-slave at the mercy of some rich pervert.
- Eren gave Mikasa a new family, and several years later, is the only remaining member of either of her families.
- Eren gave Mikasa her defining (Darwinian) philosophy.
- Eren unlocked Mikasa's strength.
From a young and impressionable age, and especially after the first titan invasion, Eren embodies the source of every aspect of Mikasa's identity. It's no wonder she's in love with him. I've seen comparisons drawn between the Mikasa-to-Eren relationship and the Levi-to-squad relationship, so as to emphasize a difference in emotional maturity. This is a silly comparison, as the two relationships are nothing alike.

Would it be realistic for her to get over him so quickly? No, it wouldn't. Would you get over someone like that so quickly if your situation was the same as hers? Very likely not. It took a deeply traumatizing event to forge her identity through Eren, and it will take another one for her to start getting over her attachment. Isayama understands this, and I believe he will give us that second pivotal event at some point.

The characters with more complex worldviews would actually be those that grew up during the hundred years of peace: Erwin, Pixis, Levi, Hanji, etc. Unfortunately, they are not dynamic characters, nor are they meant to be. So it doesn't make sense to look for development there. For the same reason (breadth of worldview), characters like Annie have much greater potential for complexity than characters like Eren. Eren is defined by the destruction of his peaceful life just like Mikasa. The only difference is that he single-mindedly pursues the "culprits", whereas Mikasa pursues her savior (it also makes him oblivious to the fact that a hot, stoic, badass girl follows him to the exclusion of all other things...). Further guidance from Levi would do both of them some good.

(Edit: Because Eren's worldview is defined by titans, he slowly starts to develop after becoming one himself. Far from indulging in and relishing the power that he's received, he doesn't want others to see him as a monster. This opens him to guidance from more experienced characters, like Levi. When Eren and Mikasa develop, it will be in the same way the Levi developed in the past. Levi, being a former thug who lived from day to day, has trouble seeing the big picture like Erwin. The only time he doesn't defer to Erwin is just before his fight with the Female Titan. Levi has formed a symbiotic relationship with Erwin somewhat like the one between Mikasa and Eren, only less needy, because over the years, Levi has come to understand the limitations of his own perspective. Eren may never stop hating titans, and Mikasa never stop loving Eren, but both of them will come to recognize the weaknesses inherent to their defining emotions, and defer to a better sense or source of wisdom when necessary and for the greater good.)

One might then ask: why is Eren the main, if he's so uninteresting? Eren isn't strong. Eren isn't smart. Those roles were assigned to the other members of his trio. But Eren has the biggest balls of anyone in the story short of Erwin Smith. In his world, having a uniquely mountain-sized pair becomes an inspiration to many, especially the 104th. Just look at the effect he had on the formerly selfish Jean (even if the latter would never admit it).

In other words, even if Eren himself suffers from tunnel vision, he has a "dumb" charisma that touches everyone around him. He is a catalyst for development, both in the plot and in other characters. I hate to draw this comparison, but that makes him similar to Naruto.

Because the character development is rather slow, it's important to emphasize it when it occurs. This is one of the anime's flaws; it skips some existing character development for unnecessary action filler or straight-up padding. The last two episodes in particular suffered heavily from this.
dxiaOct 4, 2013 8:20 PM
Oct 4, 2013 7:32 AM
Jul 2013
Guuys, what chapter did it end here in this anime? Exact chapter? haha cause i will start reading manga now. Big clap for this wonderful anime. Hope for season 2! :)
Oct 4, 2013 7:34 AM
Aug 2011
ian0697 said:
Guuys, what chapter did it end here in this anime? Exact chapter? haha cause i will start reading manga now. Big clap for this wonderful anime. Hope for season 2! :)

It says 33 in EVERY INCH OF THE GODDAMN FORUM.
Oct 4, 2013 1:16 PM
Sep 2010
Just finished the last episode and I really loved it. Actually I loved every single episode. It definitely lived up to the hype. I really hope there is a second season. The show was brilliant.
Uploader53
Oct 4, 2013 2:03 PM

Dec 2010
IchigoHollowfi said:
I hope there is a season 2 in the far future.
Are you mad? The 2nd season better comes out really soon or the anime would fail even more than it already has.

Anyways, the ending was indeed epic but other than this it really kinda disappointed me. I mean did we really watch a 25-episode show for practically nothing? This twist would have been bearable only if we were getting continuation really soon and even then it would have been really annoying. Meh.

At least the show picked up in the end.

1. Characters. +1. Well, the anime indeed has some good characters, some of which are maybe even memorable(lol, datLevi). Levi, Erwin and Jean are enough for me.
2. Atmosphere. +1. Despite it wasn't consistently good, I can't deny that there was this behind-the-walls atmosphere as well as the outside-the-walls atmosphere.
3. OST. +1. The OST of some episodes was really good, but then again this anime has the worst OPs ever and really bad, imo, EDs. I'll stive give a point for the sake of the good themes.
4. Animation. +1. Well, no one can deny the animation was high-budget. If this was the only factor defining an anime SNK would have been one of the best.
5. Background story. I didn't really like most of the backrgounds we saw(we didn't really see much actually). Maybe if we have seen Annie's background I'd have actually given a point here.
6. Storyline. +1. I didn't really like the storyline for most of the time, because for 14-15 or so episodes we've actually gotten like nothing. I mean - 8-episode arcs that concerned 1 day measure of time. But eventually we've gotten through 4 arcs and the 3rd one was actually good and eventually progress has been made since episode 1, a consistent progress at that.
7. Ending. But then we get at the ending. A really bad ending, that had the chance to redeem SNK at least partially, but no - why would it do that. We practically got nowhere.
8. Drama. +1. Ok, I can't say the drama is horrible in this show. It's nothing great tho.
9. Overall affect. Overall this anime annoyed me most of the time and failed to redeem itself in the end. High-budget can't buy my regard when all else fails.
Bonus(extra) point for:...
Overall score: 6/10.
Oct 4, 2013 6:09 PM

Sep 2011
dxia said:
I don't deny that this series develops some characters slowly, but I feel it's getting too much flak for the characters.

It's a plot driven story set in a world where humanity is threatened with extinction. Experiencing this world as a child can cause serious tunnel vision, which is quite understandable. When you're constantly beset by the need for self-preservation, being nuanced and concerned about many different things is a luxury that most cannot afford. To think otherwise is to think that a child soldier growing up in a warzone (or even, to stretch the analogy, a wild animal) will develop a highly complex personality. It's easy for us to take such a personality for granted because we didn't grow up under such circumstances.

I think Isayama realizes this. In fact, I think that most character traits that viewers or readers see as flaws and may dislike (sometimes intensely) are intentional. There's some character with a persistent weakness that irritates or angers you? Good; that is probably the author's intention.

For example, Mikasa's over-attachment to Eren is probably what catches the most flak out of any character trait. But let's think for a second; what aspect of Mikasa does not come from Eren?
- Eren gave Mikasa her life. Without him, she would have grown up a child sex-slave at the mercy of some rich pervert.
- Eren gave Mikasa a new family, and several years later, is the only remaining member of either of her families.
From a young and impressionable age, and especially after the first titan invasion, Eren embodies the source of every aspect of Mikasa's identity. It's no wonder she's in love with him. I've seen comparisons drawn between the Mikasa-to-Eren relationship and the Levi-to-squad relationship, so as to emphasize a difference in emotional maturity. This is a silly comparison, as the two relationships are nothing alike.

Would it be realistic for her to get over him so quickly? No, it wouldn't. Would you get over someone like that so quickly if your situation was the same as hers? Very likely not. It took a deeply traumatizing event to forge her identity through Eren, and it will take another one for her to start getting over her attachment. Isayama understands this, and I believe he will give us that second pivotal event at some point.

The characters with more complex worldviews would actually be those that grew up during the hundred years of peace: Erwin, Pixis, Levi, Hanji, etc. Unfortunately, they are not dynamic characters, nor are they meant to be. So it doesn't make sense to look for development there. For the same reason (breadth of worldview), characters like Annie have much greater potential for complexity than characters like Eren. Eren is defined by the destruction of his peaceful life just like Mikasa. The only difference is that he single-mindedly pursues the "culprits", whereas Mikasa pursues her savior (it also makes him oblivious to the fact that a hot, stoic, badass girl follows him to the exclusion of all other things...). Further guidance from Levi would do both of them some good.

(Edit: Because Eren's worldview is defined by titans, he slowly starts to develop after becoming one himself. Far from indulging in and relishing the power that he's received, he doesn't want others to see him as a monster. This opens him to guidance from more experienced characters, like Levi.)

One might then ask: why is Eren the main, if he's so uninteresting? Eren isn't strong. Eren isn't smart. Those roles were assigned to the other members of his trio. But Eren has the biggest balls of anyone in the story short of Erwin Smith. In his world, having a uniquely mountain-sized pair becomes an inspiration to many, especially the 104th. Just look at the effect he had on the formerly selfish Jean (even if the latter would never admit it).

In other words, even if Eren himself suffers from tunnel vision, he has a "dumb" charisma that touches everyone around him. He is a catalyst for development, both in the plot and in other characters. I hate to draw this comparison, but that makes him similar to Naruto.

Because the character development is rather slow, it's important to emphasize it when it occurs. This is one of the anime's flaws; it skips some existing character development for unnecessary action filler or straight-up padding. The last two episodes in particular suffered heavily from this.

I just had to quote this because this was a good read, it'd be a shame if it quickly gets lost in the sea of comments for this thread.

That said, in fairness of Naruto, the character has come a pretty long way from where he initially started (more mature, more considerate of how he approaches his enemies etc.), and I can easily see the same happening for Eren's character in the future.
Oct 4, 2013 7:10 PM
Sep 2013
ronri said:
dxia said:

(Edit: Because Eren's worldview is defined by titans, he slowly starts to develop after becoming one himself. Far from indulging in and relishing the power that he's received, he doesn't want others to see him as a monster. This opens him to guidance from more experienced characters, like Levi.)

I just had to quote this because this was a good read, it'd be a shame if it quickly gets lost in the sea of comments for this thread.

That said, in fairness of Naruto, the character has come a pretty long way from where he initially started (more mature, more considerate of how he approaches his enemies etc.), and I can easily see the same happening for Eren's character in the future.

Read it earlier today, very nice read (even though i partly disagree with the last two sentences). Really a nice insight on character criticisms in SnK.
Oct 4, 2013 8:26 PM
Sep 2013
Thanks for the feedback.

I heard y'all like edits, so I put an edit in my edit.

(Edit: Because Eren's worldview is defined by titans, he slowly starts to develop after becoming one himself. Far from indulging in and relishing the power that he's received, he doesn't want others to see him as a monster. This opens him to guidance from more experienced characters, like Levi. When Eren and Mikasa develop, it will be in the same way the Levi developed in the past. Levi, being a former thug who lived from day to day, has trouble seeing the big picture like Erwin. The only time he doesn't defer to Erwin is just before his fight with the Female Titan. Levi has formed a symbiotic relationship with Erwin somewhat like the one between Mikasa and Eren, only less needy, because over the years, Levi has come to understand the limitations of his own perspective. Eren may never stop hating titans, and Mikasa never stop loving Eren, but both of them will come to recognize the weaknesses inherent to their defining emotions, and defer to a better sense or source of wisdom when necessary and for the greater good.)
Oct 5, 2013 3:07 AM

Sep 2012
Darn, major cliffhanger. They built Eren up far too much, the fire regeneration? Come on now.

Ah, second season won't be around soon either. Unless they want to do a SnK Brotherhood or something in the far future.
Oct 5, 2013 6:31 AM
Sep 2013
Voids said:
Unless they want to do a SnK Brotherhood or something in the far future.

Yes. Just yes.
Oct 5, 2013 9:06 AM
May 2012
Eveything about this show was good, just that the ending didn't seem to do much for me. There should be a second season given that kind of ending.

9/10.
Oct 5, 2013 12:14 PM
Sep 2013
dxia said:
Voids said:
Unless they want to do a SnK Brotherhood or something in the far future.

Yes. Just yes.

Probably won't happen.
Oct 5, 2013 2:12 PM

Apr 2012
So many questions unanswered at the end of the 1st season... a very good reason to have a 2nd season.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum.
They should really do their whining at manga forums.

USERS ON MY IGNORED LIST:
RayReynolds - SSL443 - Dr4kon - Nerdanimefan1992 - ToTheMountains - Fiveskies
To add users to the Ignore list: (1) Go to Account settings (2) Click Forum tab and toggle down (3) Type or paste user name on entry box (4) Click Add and you're done.
Problem solved, you'll never have to see someone trolling ever again because their post will be closed/collapsed.
Oct 5, 2013 3:38 PM

Aug 2009
I hate untied threads.
Quite an action-pumping anime but I feel like I was cheated on with this one episode.

What the hell does that last second indicate? A new titan? A titan in the wall? Annie reborn? Wut wut?
Oct 5, 2013 4:00 PM

Oct 2010
It was good, definitely could have used less people going Super Sa... er, Titan and used more humans and showed despair like in the beginning of series. Lots of unanswered questions, but 2nd season is probable. Still a good show, worthy to be remembered. but not ''omg best anime ever'' kind of thing.
Oct 5, 2013 7:13 PM

Apr 2009
THAT ENDINGGGGGGGGG

omg levi
Pages (34) « First ... « 20 21 [22] 23 24 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Apr 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

1553 by Rayquazatempest »»
Apr 9, 12:54 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.