Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (34) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 28, 2013 10:17 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
Mod Edit:
- No trolling/flaming/insults.
- Do not ask when subs/raws will be released, or where to download/watch this episode. (See the rules: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=516053#msg18239905)

----------------------------------------

Oop, there goes the church.

Ofc, I was looking forward to Eren vs. Annie this episode. Round 2 baby. They definitely extended the fight so I'm glad they did. DAT OST. Fucking glorious.

Fall Annie, fall! http://i.imgur.com/JihY83W.png

Dat crystal armor huh? I remember this from the manga. Shame they can't get her now..
What a series though, holy shit. 8.5/10.
LunaSep 28, 2013 12:17 PM
Sep 28, 2013 10:19 AM

Oct 2010
And here I thought they won't show the church scene lol.

10/10 best anime.

Edit: now that it ended, I feel... empty.
Edit 2: lol at Eren x Armin and Jean x Armin shippers going nuts over replaced scenes.
Reim_SeranthSep 29, 2013 3:17 AM

~ IA- Aria on the Planetes ~ Vocaloid V3 voiced by LiA (Clannad Afterstory, Angel Beats! theme song singer)
Sep 28, 2013 10:20 AM

May 2010
Holy fuck! That Eren vs Annie fight was epic as hell! O_O

Erwin is going to jail...

My god, Mikasa, you are a boss! 'Anne, fall.'

Levi you where quite badass yourself. my god.
(I would have killed to see this in theaters.)

Annie's tears. ;~;
She protected herself in a crystal form...

Anyone else pissed they cut the scene/changed where Armin walks out and Mikasa is all 'I better stay here' with her blush and shit? :(

I hope there is a season 2 in the far future.
I will miss this show.

15/10 for me.
MermaidGalaxiesSep 28, 2013 10:45 AM
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Sep 28, 2013 10:22 AM

Jul 2012
How long it was? Animation was glorious?

Mod Edit: Do not ask where to watch anime.
LunaSep 28, 2013 12:11 PM
So, What do you think is on the other side?
Sep 28, 2013 10:23 AM

Apr 2013
Ah man, its actually over.
So much action this episode. Eren was going freaking crazy for a minute. Straight up destroyed Annie. That scene where Mikasa cut off Annie's fingers when she was climbing up the wall and watched her fall was epic. Levi showed up at the perfect time to stop Eren.
Great series. I'm really gonna miss it.
Ended exactly where I thought it would. The wait for a second season is gonna feel like forever.
Sep 28, 2013 10:24 AM

Jul 2013
And that's a wrap of the season. Annie vs Eren round 2, so glorious. Well Mikasa took the final kill and Annie is on her crystal form.

Sep 28, 2013 10:24 AM

Jan 2011
[rumbling intesfies] BOOM Annie crushes wall worshipers!

Eren chasing Annie hahahaha, "Eren you can't catch me baaaka~"

Eren vs Annie godzilla style!

Hitch and Sugata are shown!

little girl suffering....;_;

Erwin is let off the hook

OH SHIT BURNING EREN!!!

http://i.imgur.com/whxaItE.png
"Annie.....fall"
Fuck yeah!

Oh damn Levi takes Eren out of his titan.

Jean wants revenge for marco ;_;

Poor Jean hahaha

ooooo Mikasa Eren hand holding

Mikasa forcing bread into Eren's mouth again hahaha.

HOLY SHIT!! They showed the titans in the wall, MYSTERIES ALL OVER THE PLACE!

10/10 story
10/10 animation
10/10 music
10/10 characters
10/10 art
10/10 adaptation

Based WIT/IG thank you.

I think them showing the 104th squad leaving due to suspicion gives hope for a season 2 in the future.
VioLinkSep 28, 2013 6:50 PM
[center]
Sep 28, 2013 10:25 AM

Dec 2012
So, was there a crack in the Wall or not? :)
Sep 28, 2013 10:26 AM

Apr 2009
I am so fucking mad right now, you have no idea. I've defended some of the changes the anime has made up to this point, but they just took a massive shit on the manga and I'm quite annoyed.

Eren as some kind of wacky fire titan are you serious?

Well, at least they still managed to get the reveal in at the end, even if it felt a bit pathetic. God damn it they fucking blew it.

Sep 2012
zellami said:

This, I need to know this too.

Edit: OMG WTH IS THAT FIRE FOR
LEVI-HEICHOU IS INJURED RIGHT (눈_눈)
onepineSep 28, 2013 10:40 AM

Nov 2011
zellami said:

There was but damn, that scene was so fast, I didn't manage to screen shot it at all.
Sep 28, 2013 10:27 AM

Jun 2013
They showed the Wall Titan at the end, after the ending.
Sep 28, 2013 10:27 AM
Sep 2013
zellami said:

it was... they showed it at the very end after ending... there, where we normally see the preview for the next episode...
Sep 28, 2013 10:28 AM

Feb 2012
That fire rage mode of Eren and that foreshadowing.
Sep 28, 2013 10:28 AM

Dec 2012
Stark700 said:
zellami said:

There was but damn, that scene was so fast, I didn't manage to screen shot it at all.

Thanks. So, we are still in business, though I get why Amarrez is furious :]

Thanks to all who answered!
Sep 28, 2013 10:29 AM

May 2013
By far the worst episode of the series imho. They changed way too many important scenes, the huge revelation of the wall was like a joke and Eren turning in a fire titan was horrible. 1/5

Jan 2013
I already thought that they forgot poor Frodo inside the wall.

Jun 2013
Are people really giving the episode low scores just because they changed the order of things? Maybe just trolls.

Apr 2011
THERE'S A FUCKING TITAN IN THE WALL.
Sep 28, 2013 10:30 AM

Jul 2010
Well, what a rollercoaster this anime was. At least they showed the wall, abit quickly.

Apr 2008
Amarrez said:
I am so fucking mad right now, you have no idea. I've defended some of the changes the anime has made up to this point, but they just took a massive shit on the manga and I'm quite annoyed.

Well, at least they still managed to get the reveal in at the end, even if it felt a bit pathetic. God damn it they fucking blew it.

Was it really fire though? It could have been artistic license to show off the aura he's giving off?

Jul 2007
That fire Eren though
Sep 28, 2013 10:31 AM

Jan 2011
dimsumftw said:
That fire Eren though

Fire Eren was awesome.
[center]

May 2009
The wall reveal was pretty shit, but the rest was fine.

Apr 2009
Darklight0303 said:
Amarrez said:

Was it really fire though? It could have been artistic license to show off the aura he's giving off?

There was fire coming off his body. And he turned black.

Did you see it? It was beyond retarded.

Mar 2012
RagingMan said:
Are people really giving the episode low scores just because they changed the order of things? Maybe just trolls.

They are just Hipsters from /a/
/a/ hates overrated popular anime like Naruto and SNK.

also how long is this episode?
what`s the duration?
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Sep 28, 2013 10:32 AM

Sep 2010
they messed up the cliffhanger really bad.

for the first time i'm kinda dissapointed :/

the action was awesome though. I just didn't like Fire Eren, don't know what the hell that was about

Guess that's the end
Sep 28, 2013 10:33 AM

Sep 2010
For a moment I thought they decided to have mercy on people who didn't read the manga, but they didn't, good job :D

Loved Mikasa vs. Annie, just like in the manga. And those extra Levi scenes (even though it doesn't make sense since he's still injured, but whatever).

∞/10, I'll miss the anime
Sep 28, 2013 10:34 AM

Apr 2008
Er..... wtf have they done to the adaptation!? O.O Just more questions than answers really... At least it all looks flashy. 9/10
Sep 28, 2013 10:35 AM

May 2013
I'm going to change the score of this series from 10 to 9 because of this episode.
Aug 2013
Avarage anime, final episode gets 5/10, complete anime gets 6/10. thanks for nothing WIT. :>

Apr 2008
Pipoko said:
Amarrez said:
Darklight0303 said:
Amarrez said:

The thing is, it was only a stylistic thing, it didn't make him stronger, nor change the outcome of the fight.

That's what I meant.

Apr 2013
So.. Yes they changed a few things and they messed up the cliffhanger BUT..

The whole series is a good 8/10 - 9/10, and my inner fanboy is giving it a 10/10
> cannot wait for S2
Sep 28, 2013 10:36 AM

Jun 2013
Zeta986 said:

also how long is this episode?
what`s the duration?

Same as other episodes.
Sep 28, 2013 10:36 AM

Sep 2013
At the start i was all like: Oh man, i'm not going to understand what they're saying. So i closed the window and skipped the Eren vs Annie fight. I was starting to get depressed because i didn't see the Wall Titan, and then the song started playing and i was all like: This is the end T-T DAMN YOU, Y U NO MAKE SEASON 2.
And then, after the credits, it was there. That made me really happy. Man, my hands are still trembling lol.

Also , i really want to know what they said at Attack on Theater event.

Mod Edit: Please place spoilers in spoiler tags and provide a warning.
rodacSep 30, 2013 8:33 PM
Sep 28, 2013 10:37 AM

Apr 2009
Pipoko said:
Amarrez said:
Darklight0303 said:
Amarrez said:

The thing is, it was only a stylistic thing, it didn't make him stronger, nor change the outcome of the fight.

Yes it did. Did you not see him throwing Annie around like a ragdoll after he went super saiyan (it hurts to type, but it's what happened)? And the retarded part where an INJURED LEVI has to stop him from EATING ANNIE.

And the whole point of Eren's titan form is that it's supposed to be much more normal looking than the other shifters, not a god damn fire demi-god.

The only part of this episode I liked was how they handled Annie climbing the wall, it was quite sympathetic. That's it.
Sep 28, 2013 10:39 AM

Jul 2012
Damn, that was a disappointing meh to end it. Fire blazing Eren was beyond retarded and so was the poor handling of the titan in the walls reveal, but at least it was entertaining. S2 can't come sooner. 7/10
Sep 28, 2013 10:41 AM
Sep 2013
I don't get anybody who liked/loved the 24 episode but hates the last one.
If they stayed true to the manga in the 24 episode, i would have hated this one, but 24 was really big shit... So this Episode just continued it and was all in all better than the last one.
And i really think that the fire eren we saw is the same fire eren we will see in the chapter 50 of the manga... i thought of it the whole time. just one week and i will know more... yeah.

Overall 9/10 Points... (10 Points if they did it like the manga + little changes and extended)
Sep 28, 2013 10:43 AM

Mar 2012
After the final episode, from what chapter of the manga should i start to read?
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Sep 28, 2013 10:47 AM

Sep 2012
Zeta986 said:
After the final episode, from what chapter of the manga should i start to read?

Chapter 34?
They changed some things though.
Sep 28, 2013 10:48 AM

Apr 2009
There's no justification for Eren being on fire. Even if it's a stylistic choice it's retarded and makes no sense. Why? Why did you set Eren on fire Mr. Araki?

Levi using 3DMG was beyond stupid.

The way they revealed the titan in the wall was utterly terrible and also makes no sense considering how that scene plays out in the manga. So, what, is everyone going to see it now?

The only anime-original choice I liked in the episode was Annie's meth addict face. That was really well done. Of course it was semi-ruined by FIRE EREN hopping about but that's just how things are I suppose.

All in all I'll give this adaptation a 6/10. Inconsistent.
Sep 28, 2013 10:49 AM

Dec 2012
Pipoko said:
Amarrez said:
Pipoko said:
Amarrez said:
Darklight0303 said:
Amarrez said:

Yes it did. Did you not see him throwing Annie around like a ragdoll after he went super saiyan (it hurts to type, but it's what happened)? And the retarded part where an INJURED LEVI has to stop him from EATING ANNIE.

And the whole point of Eren's titan form is that it's supposed to be much more normal looking than the other shifters, not a god damn fire demi-god.

The only part of this episode I liked was how they handled Annie climbing the wall, it was quite sympathetic. That's it.

I also saw him throwing annie like a ragdoll in the forest fight. Yes, Levi went in, but that's their justification for doing the fire thing. Otherwise nothing else changed. They just wanted to give it a "final battle" vibe.

I checked up with the manga chapter - most of the scenes Eren-titan is really drawn black-shaded compared to Annie. For comparison, in the forest fight they are approximately the same and the black shades on two of them are much less.

Hello, chapter 50 ...
Sep 28, 2013 10:51 AM

Apr 2008
zellami said:
Pipoko said:
Amarrez said:
Pipoko said:
Amarrez said:
Darklight0303 said:
Amarrez said:

I also saw him throwing annie like a ragdoll in the forest fight. Yes, Levi went in, but that's their justification for doing the fire thing. Otherwise nothing else changed. They just wanted to give it a "final battle" vibe.

I checked up with the manga chapter - most of the scenes Eren-titan is really drawn black-shaded compared to Annie. For comparison, in the forest fight they are approximately the same and the black shades on two of them are much less.

Hello, chapter 50 ...

Gonna laugh my ass off if he goes fire mode next chapter
Sep 28, 2013 10:52 AM

Apr 2009
zellami said:
Pipoko said:
Amarrez said:
Pipoko said:
Amarrez said:
Darklight0303 said:
Amarrez said:

I know this is going to seem like a ridiculous excuse, but some of those chapters were very poorly scanlated and the leveling is way off. If you look at the Eren vs Annie fights in the volume raws they're the same colour.
Sep 28, 2013 10:52 AM
Sep 2012
They just wanted to make it a "finale" because a season isn't like an arc in the manga - they might not get to make another season for years. This feels complete and "final" even with the mysteries lingering.

I feel like it works on it's own, even if it isn't a 100% perfect adaption.

Oh geez, the rage from manga purists will be stong and dumb.
Sep 28, 2013 10:54 AM

Apr 2009
I just realized that they had Mikasa pull Eren away from the titan instead of Armin. They're really pushing that ship, huh?
Sep 28, 2013 10:55 AM

May 2013
Season 2 needs to start with a remake of this episode.
Sep 28, 2013 10:56 AM

Dec 2012
Amarrez said:
zellami said:
Pipoko said:
Amarrez said:
Pipoko said:
Amarrez said:
Darklight0303 said:
Amarrez said:

I know this is going to seem like a ridiculous excuse, but some of those chapters were very poorly scanlated and the leveling is way off. If you look at the Eren vs Annie fights in the volume raws they're the same colour.

I know and I agree, but I am not offering an excuse for anything. It's just that one panel caught my attention, and you know no one was able to say how really Annie would look like in the anime, judging from the manga. So, this was it, really. I have yet to see the raw.

Could you elaborate on the Levi part, because I will definitely agree with here. The major point of this chapter is that Eren can behave in his titan form, Hanji said it herself. Dragging the injured Levi to put breaks on Eren is hell of inconsistency.
Sep 28, 2013 10:57 AM

Apr 2009
Daw11 said:
Season 2 needs to start with a remake of this episode.

Season 2 doesn't need to start at all. What we need is SnK: Titanhood.
Sep 28, 2013 10:57 AM

Apr 2010
Worst ending ever. 1/10 dropped.
Pages (34) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 21, 2013

921 by _akshatts_ »»
May 12, 6:13 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2013

991 by kzen_sno »»
May 10, 10:38 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

VioLink - Apr 20, 2013

851 by ozrodger46 »»
May 6, 7:21 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

VioLink - Apr 13, 2013

1035 by ozrodger46 »»
May 6, 7:15 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 6, 2013

1554 by bohhhh_ciao »»
Apr 30, 6:54 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.