Forum Settings
Forums
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jan 4, 2014 7:45 PM

Oct 2012
I love Nagato more than Haruhi, but i don't hate haruhi....

Infatuate said:
Until I met everyone's favorite little sister: Kousaka Kirino. The most annoying and ungrateful bitch I've ever seen in anime. Compared to her, Haruhi is an angel.

+1 hahaha

Jan 4, 2014 8:44 PM
Jan 2011
I think everyone else hit the nail on the head. She is a bitch that thinks she can go around blackmailing and bossing people around. Even Kyon who is the most laid back character tries to slap her.
Jan 6, 2014 6:49 AM
Jun 2012
xsilicon9 said:
I think everyone else hit the nail on the head. She is a bitch that thinks she can go around blackmailing and bossing people around. Even Kyon who is the most laid back character tries to slap her.
The point is not who she is, it's who she becomes. And how.

-Arvis
Jan 6, 2014 12:52 PM

Jun 2013
I find Ms.Suzumiya quite charming.
Jan 7, 2014 6:42 AM
Jun 2012
ItsukiKoizumi said:
I find Ms.Suzumiya quite charming.
Well, there's a reason Future Asahina said you're the most clever.

-Arvis
May 14, 2014 2:23 AM

Nov 2012
I just finished watching Suzumiya Haruhi, and I can understand why people dislike her so much. Since Haruhi is considered to be the "center of the universe" or "God" or whatever explanation they try to give, everyone around her does as she says for fear of Haruhi getting bored or angry and changing the world. She's energetic and doesn't considered what others around her think or just doesn't care. Kyon is the only person that she would listen to, but doesn't do anything to fix her behavior until she starts subconsciously bullies Mikura, because Haruhi is jealous of how Kyon feels about her. Haruhi would be a more enjoyable and better person if Kyon was actively trying to help her be a better, more considerate person. But since he doesn't do that, Haruhi continues to act like an arrogant child.
May 16, 2014 12:09 PM
Jun 2012
^ The point is that both Kyon and Haruhi aren't very nice/good people, but they're each helping the other to grow and become better, even without meaning to. It's really sweet.

-Arvis
Jul 10, 2014 10:13 AM

Jan 2014
I just find her annoying and bossy sometimes...but I don't hate her...at all
Got something to live for, I know that I won't surrender,
A warrior of youth,
I'm taking over, a shot to the new world order
I Am Bulletproof. . .

Jul 22, 2014 5:35 AM

Mar 2010
She's nothing but a selfish bitch, that's why.
Jul 22, 2014 5:53 AM

Jan 2013
a. Bitch
b. Retard
c. Love doll

Hard to choose one eh
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jul 25, 2014 4:04 PM

Mar 2014
I guess some people don't like bossy bitches.

I love her though.
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Oct 8, 2014 1:19 AM

Sep 2014
I dislike her for every reason stated at the end of the movie: she's obnoxious, stuck up, pushy, bullies Mikuru, etc..

I can't tolerate her. I wouldn't want anything to do with someone remotely like her irl
Oct 8, 2014 1:21 AM

Dec 2013
Haters gonna hate XP
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Oct 10, 2014 9:39 AM

Sep 2014
No idea. Haruhi is a cool character. There was maybe one moment in the whole series I didn't like about her (when she said Mikuru is her toy or something) but she seems to have understood her mistake after all.
Oct 28, 2014 5:25 PM

Jul 2012
Finished the entire series. She was okay in the movie, but the series she was a total bitch most of the time. I dislike how she bosses everyone around and sexually harasses Mikuru.
Mar 3, 2015 7:22 PM

Nov 2012
mayukachan said:
Finished the entire series. She was okay in the movie, but the series she was a total bitch most of the time. I dislike how she bosses everyone around and sexually harasses Mikuru.
May 29, 2015 4:57 PM
Apr 2015
FluffyFlesh said:
If you see few people complain that doesnt mean it is more hated...... than liked....
I really like how people keep relying on appearences , it's like an invitation to deceive.
Btw I really hope you talk about the Yoruichi I know!
Sure, if you consider being talked down to, being molested cause you have big tits, or getting drugged up, or being physically abused as "fun". Seriously, FUCK HARUHI AND HER GOD MODE BULLSHIT!!
May 29, 2015 4:59 PM
Apr 2015
Imaishi said:
No idea. Haruhi is a cool character. There was maybe one moment in the whole series I didn't like about her (when she said Mikuru is her toy or something) but she seems to have understood her mistake after all.
She freaking drugs her and treats everybody (especially Kyon) like shit. How can you possibly even like her?
Oct 30, 2016 4:07 PM

Oct 2016
hybreezy said:
The fabric of reality will literally change in an instant to cater to her needs, she doesn't know what the meaning of no is. Not to say it's a valid excuse as Kyon has pointed out, but she's still entertaining at least. If you can't laugh when she dropkicks the shit out of the computer club guy I dunno what to tell you.

What's cute about her beating up an innocent boy and later blackmailing him? She is such a bitch. And, like you said, she doesn't know the meaning of no. That's a two-year-old. Nothing cute or appealing about it. It's one thing to have a bitchy character but, the universe *literally* revolves around her. Who honestly thought it was a good idea to give one of the most unlikable, despicable human beings the power of God? She gets away with everything and will continue to do so because she will destroy the universe in a tantrum if she doesn't get her way.

Haruhi is a brat that you have no option of ignoring. You must cater to her every whim.
Oct 30, 2016 4:09 PM

Oct 2007
Because she's abusive as fuck to Mikuru and Kyon and is nothing more than a spoilt little bitch.
Nov 6, 2016 10:51 AM

Sep 2009
Sure, she can be a bitch sometimes, but a damn entertaining and charming one. She's weird, wants to break away from societal norms and extremely energetic when she wants to do something. She has loads of ideas in her head with things she wants to do to make life exciting. "Haruhi is a brat that you have no option of ignoring", and that's great! In real life it would be better if she were less annoying but that type of energy would definitely be welcome.

The only time I disliked her was when she tried to drug Mikuru. She went too far and Kyon was right to get angry. But she later realised how it affected him and apologised.
Kikoman589Nov 6, 2016 10:54 AM
The statement below is true.
The statement above is false.
Nov 19, 2016 2:04 PM

Jul 2011
She can be very childish and annoying sometimes sure but it is part of her character and it is one of the reasons why she is so fascinating.

She is in my top 10 list chars.
Dec 8, 2016 11:16 PM
Apr 2015
Daphne said:
There are a a lot of characters who get hated on.
And this hate is justified just about all the characters (especially Haruhi) are borderline unlikeable in season 1, downright hateable in season 2 (very much Haruhi)
Jul 30, 2017 1:07 PM

Nov 2016
Did you not see how she treated poor Mikuru? Kyon is my favourite character from Haruhi.
Jan 6, 2018 6:17 AM

Dec 2017
VidiaPhoenix said:
hybreezy said:
The fabric of reality will literally change in an instant to cater to her needs, she doesn't know what the meaning of no is. Not to say it's a valid excuse as Kyon has pointed out, but she's still entertaining at least. If you can't laugh when she dropkicks the shit out of the computer club guy I dunno what to tell you.

What's cute about her beating up an innocent boy and later blackmailing him? She is such a bitch. And, like you said, she doesn't know the meaning of no. That's a two-year-old. Nothing cute or appealing about it. It's one thing to have a bitchy character but, the universe *literally* revolves around her. Who honestly thought it was a good idea to give one of the most unlikable, despicable human beings the power of God? She gets away with everything and will continue to do so because she will destroy the universe in a tantrum if she doesn't get her way.

Haruhi is a brat that you have no option of ignoring. You must cater to her every whim.
Nothing disapproves your point with a yandere character who literally kidnapped the main protagonist, tried to kill him, and have a toxic relationship. Lol but don't hate the character you love though. Just pointing stuff out.
Yeah right there is no way a doujin about vomit exists.
Good song https://soundcloud.com/yeungkakit33/op4-hekireki-last-alliance
Tsumino account is BigMaraIppo
Another Good Song Listen to テスト by mukami #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/mukami/77a
Ashita no Joe and Megalo box are disappointing anime.
My reviews:https://myanimelist.net/profile/Botan-Chan45/reviews
Best Naruto Op: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByCNZxOBVWM&list=RDByCNZxOBVWM&index=1
discord name: Chitoge Kirisaki#9564
https://discord.gg/nGKu6zx my discord server for plebs
Jan 6, 2018 6:22 AM

Dec 2017
Either way a lot of people replying will either say that they hate or love her. It all depends on what you like in the series.
Yeah right there is no way a doujin about vomit exists.
Good song https://soundcloud.com/yeungkakit33/op4-hekireki-last-alliance
Tsumino account is BigMaraIppo
Another Good Song Listen to テスト by mukami #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/mukami/77a
Ashita no Joe and Megalo box are disappointing anime.
My reviews:https://myanimelist.net/profile/Botan-Chan45/reviews
Best Naruto Op: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByCNZxOBVWM&list=RDByCNZxOBVWM&index=1
discord name: Chitoge Kirisaki#9564
https://discord.gg/nGKu6zx my discord server for plebs
Jan 6, 2018 9:28 AM

Oct 2016
Apollo_Goddess said:
VidiaPhoenix said:

Nothing disapproves your point with a yandere character who literally kidnapped the main protagonist, tried to kill him, and have a toxic relationship. Lol but don't hate the character you love though. Just pointing stuff out.

Difference is, Yuno has never been portrayed as healthy. The series recognizes her as crazy and so do all the characters, frequently pointing out her negative qualities. Haruhi's horrible qualities are just treated as cute quirks and nobody ever calls her out on her BS.

EDIT: I would also like to point out that Yuno is literally insane which is beyond her control. Haruhi just has a bad, stinking attitude which she could very well control if she felt like it.
VidiaPhoenixJan 6, 2018 9:31 AM
Mar 29, 2018 8:47 PM

Mar 2016
VidiaPhoenix said:
Apollo_Goddess said:

Difference is, Yuno has never been portrayed as healthy. The series recognizes her as crazy and so do all the characters, frequently pointing out her negative qualities. Haruhi's horrible qualities are just treated as cute quirks and nobody ever calls her out on her BS.

EDIT: I would also like to point out that Yuno is literally insane which is beyond her control. Haruhi just has a bad, stinking attitude which she could very well control if she felt like it.
i mean it's made pretty clear that haruhi is the closest thing to a main antagonist in the first two seasons
hell she IS the main antagonist
Aure0linApr 2, 2018 7:05 PM
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Mar 29, 2018 8:49 PM

Jul 2011
For being a level A cunt who imposes herself over others.
Mar 10, 2019 8:21 AM
Apr 2018
Because she selfish. That all
Apr 14, 2021 1:46 PM

Aug 2018
everyone calls her a tsundere but she's just an insufferable bitch. Only at the very last minute of the movie does she show even the slightest hint of a softer side which is too little, too late to redeem her in my eyes.
Apr 14, 2021 1:53 PM
Mar 2016
I am surprised to see she has 17k favourites. Just what do people actually find anything "likeable" about her?
Apr 14, 2021 4:31 PM

Jan 2021
Seeing all this slander for one character is actually hilarious. The thing is, is that if she didn’t act like a complete retard then the show wouldn’t be the same. People probably like her because they find what Haruhi does funny and her absurdity. If you don’t like Haruhi, sucks to be you; you’re not enjoying the anime to it’s fullest potential.
under”Mebius” is my salvation

Jul 7, 2021 5:10 AM
Dec 2017
Its because of her whiny bratty attitude thats why.

Aug 24, 2021 5:21 PM

May 2020
She's very annoying, harasses Mikuru and acts like a 3 year old
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya Movie Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

game8910 - Feb 5, 2010

1000 by MorphoX »»
Mar 8, 6:34 AM

» Kyon's decision (spoilers)

NDskies - Sep 19, 2023

17 by honyax »»
Feb 25, 1:41 AM

» Haruhi Suzumiya will have an official announcement soon…

Yuri_Niji - Dec 17, 2023

18 by Zarutaku »»
Feb 12, 2:51 AM

» Wow that was a great movie!

Zoopiez - Jun 28, 2022

18 by anizawa89 »»
Nov 29, 2023 3:11 PM

» This movie is Amazing

randomuser47 - Feb 26, 2023

19 by Recprocate »»
Sep 24, 2023 3:17 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.