Forum Settings
Forums
New
Do you think it's wrong to love someone of the same sex?
Yes
19.6%
No
80.4%
525 votes
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Feb 4, 2009 11:30 AM

Sep 2008
I don't have a problem with it. Different strokes for different folks.
Feb 4, 2009 12:15 PM

Jun 2008
Baman said:
Even animals display homosexuality, so I'd hardly consider it a question of being natural or not.

I have heard this before that some animals display such behavior in rare situations but even if it's truth it is nothing more than the exception than verifies the rule. It does not make it natural. Some people actually like to do it with animals or dead people, that's not natural ether no matter if there is an animal out there who did it with another species also. We can't say it's natural just because there are a lot of gay people. If you use simple logic you can see that it's not natural. We have sexual urges so we can have intercourse with the other sex and continue our species so it's only logical that is unnatural.
Masturbation is natural by logic also because when we have sexual urges and we can't find at that moment a member of the opposite sex to release them we use that as a way so we can free are selfs of the desire and be able to concentrate on our work at hand or else we wouldn't be able to function properly. .
Anyway i don't understand why people get so upset when we say it's unnatural. It isn't, just accept it and continue doing what you like. It doesn't mean it's wrong or bad or anything. It's just not natural. Humans do lot's of other unnatural things also, there is nothing wrong with it. But don't try to convince us that it's natural. Not being natural is not an accusation it's just a fact. Nothing more.
MonadFeb 4, 2009 1:44 PM
Feb 4, 2009 1:37 PM

Mar 2008
I dont really care, people who care are just fags themselfs, who wants to hide it.
Feb 4, 2009 1:38 PM

Apr 2008
I wish people who insist gay animals were rare would tell that to my rats, god damn, they never stop going at it, either...
Feb 4, 2009 1:47 PM

Dec 2007
Plate said:
I wish people who insist gay animals were rare would tell that to my rats, god damn, they never stop going at it, either...

I don't know much of rodent behaviour, but it's most likely a territorial or offensive display. As analogy, can also be due to a stressful environment (check temperature, quality of floor and light, as well as entertaining features).

Or they are just gay rats. I'll include "Plate" in the Aknowledgements section if you follow a series of very simple and absolutely not time consuming instructions ^^
Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori
Feb 4, 2009 1:55 PM
Aug 2007
Bisexual +1 for no, it's not wrong to love someone of the same sex.

also

Neverender said:
Gays are the enemy.
PRAISE THE LORD

I like the Viking hat :3
Feb 4, 2009 1:57 PM

Apr 2008
ladyxzeus said:

I don't know much of rodent behaviour, but it's most likely a territorial or offensive display. As analogy, can also be due to a stressful environment (check temperature, quality of floor and light, as well as entertaining features).

Or they are just gay rats. I'll include "Plate" in the Aknowledgements section if you follow a series of very simple and absolutely not time consuming instructions ^^

It's entirely possible, but I doubt it's territorial or stress related. Otherwise they're perfectly normal little bastards. And as far as I've heard, rats doing weird stuff to each other is also pretty normal for them. D:
Feb 4, 2009 2:10 PM

Mar 2008
Of course its not wrong, thats stupid to think that it would be. I dont care what someone does, but i wouldnt want to see some guys making out all the time but the same can be said for an ugly straight couple too lol The more gay guys there are the more straight and Bi girls for me, people against it are probably gay themselves and want to make sure the others stay single for them XD
Feb 4, 2009 2:17 PM

Oct 2008
I voted no because there are more and more people who like shounen-ai and shoujo-ai manga and I don't see anything wrong with that at all. Perhaps, this sort of thing would be unacceptable a hundred years ago but times have changed.

Of course, that is still dependent on individual religious belief and nationality. In some countries, homosexuality and bisexuality are considered a crime and the maximum penalty could be death. Luckily, the majority of the countries around the world aren't like that.

Nonetheless, shounen-ai and shoujo-ai is perfectly okay! (^_^)
Feb 4, 2009 2:28 PM

Jul 2008
I consider everything "natural". Since I don't believe in God I have only nature to blame for everything.

People should read about the bonobo apes. Apparently engaging in sex and mutual masturbation with any sex is their form of social cohesion.

However, I don't believe human behaviour should be judged by that of other mammals. I voted "no". Only suppression and discrimination of homosexuality/bisexuality/etc seems to harm anyone, not actually letting people freely have the relationships they are most comfortable and satisfied with.
Feb 4, 2009 2:32 PM

Aug 2008
I would not say that homosexuality is "rare" in nature. It occurs quite often, one example being in sheep. Sheep are probably one of the most extensively studied in this regard, many rams "orient" themselves toward other rams, and according to many studies, has nothing to do with "flock politics" or dominant behavior.

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2004-03/ohs-bbh030804.php < kind of outdated article, but I have yet to find anything that contradicts what it is saying

I would also venture to hypothesize that homosexuality, occurring in nature, is nature's method of population control.

Feb 4, 2009 2:32 PM

Dec 2007
name_one said:

However, I don't believe human behaviour should be judged by that of other mammals.

Ah, but you should. We're horribly similar.

liziguana suggestion is possible and, as for sheep, the process equals the same of cows. Androgenized females mound females in estrus. How the androgenization occurs in nature is not known, but it has been suggested that it was for overpopulation and lack of males that femals took their roles. There are no sheep in the wild though. Man androgenizes sheep in purpose in way to detect ovulations and inseminate them at the ideal time. There is also a way to reset all estrus so they all have babies at the same time, but I think it's more expensive than having a sheep mounting the others.
ladyxzeusFeb 4, 2009 2:35 PM
Feb 4, 2009 2:33 PM

Jun 2008
I'm fine with homosexuals loving people of their own sex.

As for bisexuals - it isn't that I think it is wrong for them to be able to love someone of their own sex ~ I think it is wrong that they can switch back and fourth.

From maybe the only lesbian person I met - she said that she hates dating bisexual girls~ they can cheat on her with a boy and feel it isn't wrong to satisfy all her needs.

I see it as quite selfish as well. I guess I'd be fine with them loving someone of the same sex as long as they were faithful and not like my example.

Feb 4, 2009 2:39 PM

Jul 2008
ladyxzeus said:
name_one said:

However, I don't believe human behaviour should be judged by that of other mammals.

Even so, I don't see why some people point to say, chimpanzees, and decide to base human fate on how violent they are. We may be related to other animals, and have a bunch of hormones and other things we cannot entirely control (yet!) but we still have more brain power.

I don't think bisexuals all go around "switching". It's not like today they wake up hating men and next Friday they'll think they're all the sexiest beings in existence. A bisexual woman could cheat on that lesbian with another woman, too. I guess that would be fine, if they're into threesomes..?
Feb 4, 2009 2:40 PM

Feb 2005
Monad said:
But don't try to convince us that it's natural. Not being natural is not an accusation it's just a fact. Nothing more.
Depends on what meaning you put in natural.

Sex is by nature meant for advancing the species, but it has evolved into becoming a social expression as well, a way to bond with other people. Take the Greeks and the various gay armies back then for example. With this in mind, I'd say it's natural, as it is used as a social tool to bond, enjoy oneself and express feelings instead of just to spawn offspring.
Feb 4, 2009 2:43 PM

Jul 2008
Rikuna said:
From maybe the only lesbian person I met - she said that she hates dating bisexual girls~ they can cheat on her with a boy and feel it isn't wrong to satisfy all her needs.

That doesn't sound all that bad to me. Here's my idea.

Me x (Bisexual Girlfriend + Girlfriends bisexual girlfriend) = Win

Not my idea of a long tern relationship. But god damn would it be fun for half a year or so.
Feb 4, 2009 2:43 PM

Aug 2008
I will not pretend to be an expert, because I am not (even though I'm on the internet, and everyone is an expert), but I believe that the same thing occurs in Mountain Goats/Big Horned Sheep.
Feb 4, 2009 2:44 PM

Dec 2007
name_one said:
ladyxzeus said:
name_one said:

Even so, I don't see why some people point to say, chimpanzees, and decide to base human fate on how violent they are. We may be related to other animals, and have a bunch of hormones and other things we cannot entirely control (yet!) but we still have more brain power.

Not quite. We just have more cortex. Animal analogy is my field of study and I'm the only person that finds it interesting, unfortunately.

Homossexuality as social tool is also acceptable but, then, why did not it survive till today?
Feb 4, 2009 2:52 PM

Mar 2008
lizguana said:
I would also venture to hypothesize that homosexuality, occurring in nature, is nature's method of population control.

I would say that too. But of course it would be bad if there was a huge increase of homosexuality as far as population goes.

name_one said:
I don't think bisexuals all go around "switching". It's not like today they wake up hating men and next Friday they'll think they're all the sexiest beings in existence. A bisexual woman could cheat on that lesbian with another woman, too. I guess that would be fine, if they're into threesomes..?

Hmm well that does kinda happen when they were in a relationship that went bad. ive heard several people say they would give up guys/girls and they start hating them. I guess because they have option A and B it happens a little more in bisexuals than in heterosexuals to do that with only one option. Of course it isnt permanent though.
Feb 4, 2009 3:04 PM

Dec 2008
I find it funny that people have parades based on where they wan't to put there genitals.

Feb 4, 2009 3:36 PM

May 2008
ladyxzeus said:
is a manifestation of power and "dominance" (outdated concept).

And there are some ways I DON'T like humans being similar to other animals.D:
Cowgirling > Violent penetration.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Feb 4, 2009 3:37 PM

May 2007
i know you love me ukonkivi
Feb 4, 2009 3:38 PM

May 2008
I have nothing against it, so i don't really care about it
Feb 4, 2009 3:46 PM

Dec 2007
I don't think that there's anything wrong with it, you should be able to love who you want to love by what's on their soul and not just by what's in their pants. The level of ignorance I see sometimes is just pathetic, if it's not hurting you why should you care? The fact that same-sex couples can't get married in most parts of the United States also really annoys me, that's like saying that you're less than human and can't be granted the same rights as all other citizens just because of the sex of the person you love.

#NBHNC
Feb 4, 2009 4:28 PM

Jun 2008
If you are offended by other people's points of view (who disagree with you), don't open the spoiler tags.

I could say so much more, but I don't really want to hurt your sensitive male feelings.
I'm back.
Feb 4, 2009 4:36 PM

Nov 2006
^ i'm not even going to start...i'll probably have a heart attack.

this thread saddens me. if you see a gay/bisexual person hit on someone of the same sex, you treat it like someone's getting hit on. it doesn't matter what sex they are...

if you get hit on...react in the same way as you do when people of the opposite sex hit on you and you aren't interested.

it's not like they have a disease and watching them/getting hit on by them is going to infect you.

i know i'm going to get yelled at for this, but i feel strongly about this topic. w/e.
Feb 4, 2009 4:43 PM

Jun 2008
windy said:
it's not like they have a disease and watching them/getting hit on by them is going to infect you.

If you ask me, homosexuality is a mental illness. Maybe I'm just old fashioned and don't like guys acting like girls and girls acting like guys. Or maybe it just disgusts me to see so many people who say "do what you like with your life as long as it doesn't hurt anybody else."

My response to that?

AIDS. Gays gave brought us the plague of AIDS. We should hate them just for that, besides the fact of the rest of the shit they do.

Sorry guys, I'm just not down with the whole "Let me put me dick in your ass, man." thing. Sorry. Guys shouldn't fuck other guys. Girl's shouldn't fuck other girls. Why can't people just fucking accept that?
I'm back.
Feb 4, 2009 4:45 PM

Jan 2009
Rage-The-Dragoon said:
let people do what they want aslong as it doesnt harm the people around them.

I agree with this.
Feb 4, 2009 4:45 PM

Jun 2008
This fucking forum disgusts me.
I'm back.
Feb 4, 2009 4:46 PM

May 2008
Am I supposed to say that I've got nothing against homosexuals? Because I am usually an honest person and it would be against my nature.

I won't give stupid reasons as "nature didn't intend for it to be that way". In fact, I don't think nature has anything to do with it. If you like people with the same sex as you, fine. I recognize that we humans are rational beings bestowed with free will. I will even admit to the fact that some people may be born a certain way that doesn't leave them with much choice in the matter. And of course, as with anything we don't have control over, this is not something that should merit prejudice, discrimination or hate.

However, I have a certain aversion towards homosexuals. Mainly male, because they make me feel uncomfortable. Of course, I don't let that guide my actions, as I have friends who are openly gay. Nevertheless, I don't like it. And if somebody were to make a conscious choice of becoming gay, rather than being born that way, I would like it even less.
A past can last a lifetime.
How to Read Manga! | AnimeBytes | iMangaScans
Feb 4, 2009 4:49 PM

Jun 2008

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Me at this topic. I have to stop reading this or I'll go insane.

mod-edit: spoiler tagged for anti-seizure
kei-cloneFeb 4, 2009 6:37 PM
I'm back.
Feb 4, 2009 4:53 PM

May 2008
Sick-Bastard said:
Maybe I'm just old fashioned and don't like guys acting like girls and girls acting like guys.

Which is quite a bit different from homosexuality. Imo it's pretty tomboyish to be a girl and love sex in a society that still thinks women shouldn't like sex as much as men.

Personally, I don't really like guys acting like guys and girls acting like girls.

Sick-Bastard said:
AIDS. Gays gave brought us the plague of AIDS. We should hate them just for that, besides the fact of the rest of the shit they do.

Well, now we're just delving into the realm of obvious trolling.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Feb 4, 2009 4:55 PM

Jul 2008
I agree with Sick-Bastard on a couple points. Unless he's trolling at this point, I can never tell with MAL.

Guys and / or girls screwing each other grosses me out. But whatever floats your boat, you know? Just because they have a different sexual preference than I do doesn't mean they aren't nice people. And as long as they don't make out in public or anything, it's all good. (That goes for straight people too)
When people are flamboyantly homosexual/bisexual it annoys the hell out of me, but I do know some gay people and they're great to hang around with. They don't do anything out of the ordinary or expect different treatment because they're gay.
So, eh, I'm neutral, I suppose. Don't love all gay/lesbian/bi people, don't hate them all either.
EmbahFeb 4, 2009 5:09 PM
Feb 4, 2009 4:57 PM

Apr 2008
Sick-Bastard said:

Try harder next time. :/
Feb 4, 2009 5:02 PM

Aug 2007
He's just trolling.
Feb 4, 2009 5:02 PM

Jun 2008
Plate said:
Sick-Bastard said:

How come you're the manga moderator and I've read more manga than you? I've wondered that for a while. Or if you have read a ton, why don't you update your list? Kind of off topic, and I don't mean it as a personal attack, but I was just wondering.
I'm back.
Feb 4, 2009 5:06 PM

Apr 2008
Sick-Bastard said:
Plate said:
Sick-Bastard said:

How come you're the manga moderator and I've read more manga than you? I've wondered that for a while. Or if you have read a ton, why don't you update your list? Kind of off topic, and I don't mean it as a personal attack, but I was just wondering.

Because I don't read manga, silly.
Feb 4, 2009 5:21 PM

Mar 2008
windy said:

this thread saddens me. if you see a gay/bisexual person hit on someone of the same sex, you treat it like someone's getting hit on. it doesn't matter what sex they are...

if you get hit on...react in the same way as you do when people of the opposite sex hit on you and you aren't interested.

i know i'm going to get yelled at for this, but i feel strongly about this topic. w/e.

lol i actually had a guy ask me out once... i dont think he was actually gay but was just screwing with me and i turned him down nicely as i was laughing
Feb 4, 2009 5:22 PM
Jun 2008
Why would it be "wrong" if both parties are happy?

Feb 4, 2009 5:23 PM

Nov 2007
I am bisexual, and really, I don't think it matters.
I am also a Catholic.
sad
Feb 4, 2009 5:24 PM

Jul 2007
I see no reason why I should care.
Feb 4, 2009 5:25 PM

Jul 2007
Scud said:
I see no reason why I should care.

You'll care after I buttrape you.
All the mods fucking blow on this website except Kaiserpingvin, Cloudy-Sky, Baman and aero. PM me if you're actually good and I left you out.

Oh, rule 8...

( ̄ー ̄)
Feb 4, 2009 5:28 PM

Feb 2007
windy said:
^ i'm not even going to start...i'll probably have a heart attack.

<3

This topic... :(
Feb 4, 2009 5:33 PM

Jul 2007
Sick-Bastard said:
windy said:

If you ask me, homosexuality is a mental illness. Maybe I'm just old fashioned and don't like guys acting like girls and girls acting like guys. Or maybe it just disgusts me to see so many people who say "do what you like with your life as long as it doesn't hurt anybody else."

My response to that?

Sorry guys, I'm just not down with the whole "Let me put me dick in your ass, man." thing. Sorry. Guys shouldn't fuck other guys. Girl's shouldn't fuck other girls. Why can't people just fucking accept that?

What would you do if you had that "mental illness" and there was no cure?
Why the can't you let people that have nothing to do with you, do what the fuck they want? Why is their sex life your business?
Why do you want to make their lives harder than they already are?
Why do you think that gays brought us AIDS when it can be transmitted through both homosexual AND HETEROSEXUAL sex?
All the mods fucking blow on this website except Kaiserpingvin, Cloudy-Sky, Baman and aero. PM me if you're actually good and I left you out.

Oh, rule 8...

( ̄ー ̄)
Feb 4, 2009 5:34 PM

Aug 2008
traed said:
windy said:

lol i actually had a guy ask me out once... i dont think he was actually gay but was just screwing with me and i turned him down nicely as i was laughing
According to hundreds of BL manga I've read, he's dead serious. And we know that stuff is solidly based in reality. You should be having sex with him by the end of the chapter.

Well, okay.. not really. But yeah, what windy said. It seems like more guys dislike or have extreme reactions to being hit on by the same sex? My guy finds it flattering more than anything else. Probably more so than when women hit on him. I have no issues. Just no extreme PDA please, but that goes for the straight people too.
Feb 4, 2009 5:35 PM

Jun 2008
Sin said:

I do have a mental illness that there is no cure for, so I guess I would keep on living how I am right now.
I'm back.
Feb 4, 2009 5:37 PM

Nov 2007
AIDS was created by the government to kill off the gays and blacks.
sad
Feb 4, 2009 5:37 PM

Jul 2007
Sick-Bastard said:
Sin said:

I do have a mental illness that there is no cure for, so I guess I would keep on living how I am right now.

And what if someone wished to condemn people with your illness? Would you think that was fair, even though you weren't hurting anyone?

Oh, rule 8...

( ̄ー ̄)
Feb 4, 2009 5:38 PM

Jun 2008
StephanBlackhawk said:
AIDS was created by the government to kill off the gays and blacks.

Their best idea yet in my opinion.
I'm back.
Feb 4, 2009 5:40 PM

Jun 2008
Sin said:
Sick-Bastard said:
Sin said:

And what if someone wished to condemn people with your illness? Would you think that was fair, even though you weren't hurting anyone?

My mental illness doesn't involve fucking other men in the ass.
I'm back.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (13) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.