Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Feb 3, 2009 4:41 AM

Feb 2008
I am actually quite thankful that they decided to go with Torch, totally killed the sad mood but since I didn't feel like being sad at that time this was just a good thing. It was kind of like a pat on the shoulder that was saying "everything will be ok" :P I doubt I will think the same (about that whole good to be cheered up thing) when I rewatch it sometime in the future though, hopefully the DVD-version will have that "problem" fixed. Very beautiful episode though and I can't wait to watch the next one!
[fancy signature here]
Feb 3, 2009 9:12 AM

May 2007
What a sad episode. I cried during the last 5 minutes.
Feb 3, 2009 10:19 AM

Jan 2009
In all the down in this episode I also have to point out that Nagisa looked (can't believe I'm actually using this word) adorable sitting outside the hospital. To top it off the little pout over not being able to get another Dango...
Feb 3, 2009 10:36 AM

Apr 2008
I was afraid of that.

Tomoya and Nagisa always were together no matter what. Even if they had a lot of problems, together they could live happily and go ahead. I was always enjoying when I was seeing effects of their efforts. That was a magic and beauty of Clannad for me. Was - now I'm crying because I'll never see Nagisa and Tomoya working hard again.

Clannad is half-dead now! T.T
Feb 3, 2009 10:55 AM

Dec 2008
Sad episode, and from seeing the preview of the next episode, I'm thinking Tomoya is going to give up on life because of what happened to Nagisa. By even seeing how the apartment is going to become I'm thinking Ushio would be taken care of dome place else and not by Tomoya. Seems like Tomoya may become to be like his father? Well aside from that, it was nice how everyone had a reunion at new year's and had a good experience. I think the other worlds Kotomi may be talking about, could be those dreams Tomoya has ( robot and girl in another place). Well I really can't discuss more about this episode, it would be better to watch it and contemplate on your own ( too many giant spoilers). Only like to say, that this may as well be the down point (greatest difficulty) for all the characters in this anime to overcome (in most story plots, there always has to be final major difficulty to overcome, this is what partly makes it a good story). Wow, and again they play Torch in the end to completely change the mood.... makes one think that the producers purposely set it like this knowing that this is a dramatic show?
Feb 3, 2009 10:58 AM

Oct 2007
AsianQuickSilver said:
It was pretty fucking amazing episode. Its probably the first time I cried since Fuko's arc in the first season and teared since Kotomi's arc.

QFT~! The most I've ever cried in anime: Fuko arc--->episode 16--->Code Geass R2 25

The ED threw me off as well, but I just skipped through it with shaking fingers :'D
Feb 3, 2009 11:08 AM

Dec 2007
I have to second these. Fuuko's Arc in season one was the saddest thing I had seen in a long time before this episode.
Feb 3, 2009 11:36 AM
Oct 2007
Quite simply, I cried. Even the Fuuko arc didn't affect me as much as this. Definitely as sad as the Makoto arc in Kanon.

I wish they could have dithced Torch though, that sort of ruined it. But damn, 5/5. I feel a bit empty now.
Feb 3, 2009 3:50 PM

Oct 2008
gosh, i have to agree about the fuuko arc.

it's all sad, but the saddest was in lucky star. NOW WAIT! before you comment, it was in episode 22, with Konata's mom. And how there was flashbacks about the mom and the dad, and the spirit of Konata's mom was taking a picture with them. I swear, if Clannad made you cry, so would that.
Feb 3, 2009 4:11 PM

Aug 2008
I know that this will be the saddest episode since the show started. However, watching the movie really ruined the mood.

Feb 3, 2009 4:12 PM

Jul 2008
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

I loved how after all the sad stuff, the ending was super cheerful
Feb 3, 2009 6:09 PM

Jan 2008
I don't think I've ever cried so much in an anime before!
Feb 3, 2009 7:04 PM

May 2008
Boring episode.
Feb 3, 2009 7:19 PM

Aug 2007
I'm guessing they played Torch because it has Ushio in it, so it's giving us some hope.
Usotsuki. 
Feb 4, 2009 12:28 AM

Jan 2008
if there were no supernatural aspects to this show, i would be 100% surprised as to what happened. and as sad as it was, it wasn't quite the emotional plateau that few shows can pull off since there is probably somehow that things will revert back to how they were. but nevertheless, a touching episode.
Feb 4, 2009 6:31 PM
May 2008
This is what Key's does best.

They make you fall in love with the characters, follow their stories and then it tears you appart and brakes you in a thousand pieces before rebuilding everything again much better.

We all knew this was meant to happen (at least the ones like me who were badly spoiled by the movie), we wanted to tell ourselves that they were going to make it better and ignore this part and probably twist the story even further.

In fact they did the same as the movie, but much much much better. This episode was brilliant (with the exception of the ending, they seriously failed there) There is a huge door now open and that is the hidden world. Something that wasn't even mentioned in the movie.

I'm looking forward to the resolution of Clannad, hoping to see nagisa, or at least her memories again in shape of sweet memories.

Thank you key for breaking our hearts again hahaha, Now lets see how you fix it.

Feb 4, 2009 10:46 PM
Jul 2018
Not much I can say that hasn't already been said. I cried when Ushio was born and during Tomoya's dialog, but surprisingly not at Nagisa's death. I'm just like no, no, can't be true, she just passed out from exhaustion.
Feb 4, 2009 11:46 PM
Jul 2018
Waaaa! Nagisa :'( I wasn't expecting her to die until episode 20-something TT_TT
and tbh i regret watching the movie... it totally killed the drama for me!!! not to mention crappy animation -.-

otakubaybay said:
The most I've ever cried in anime: Fuko arc--->episode 16 --->Code Geass R2 25

lol
Feb 5, 2009 11:27 AM

Sep 2008
Even though I knew it was coming.....I teared T___T I really can't wait to see the rest of the series, and yes.....TORCH killed it :(

Feb 5, 2009 11:54 AM

Oct 2007
datsunvic said:
A phone conversation between a young voice actress and her agent -

Agent - A chan! I got a role for you just now

VA - Great news! what is it?

Agent - Oh you play the mo-e highschool girl, totally cute and tender.

VA - Ok, I can handle that. What house?

Agent - Kyo-Ani,,, doing a KeyVisualArts visual novel adaptation.

VA - OH MY GOD!! I'M F'n GOING TO DIE!!!

LMAO great stuff QFT

First thought as the episode began *lalala watching clannad* OH SHIT!!! SHE'S HUGE!!!! O.0

Kotomi is such a hottie with her pink nail polish and kimono!

I knew she would die (thanks MAL your spoilers rock my socks. And I thought that after she died there wouldn't be anymore spoilers. So much for that >.> *sigh* definitely won't be reading before posting anymore ) so I didn't cry Fuko tears but still a pretty hard hitting episode. Why I thought about the fact that she didn't even get to touch the baby I almost teared up. And this is why I'm asking for funding for my "M.H.B.E men have the babies experiment" Seahorses do it... start reading those textbooks and academic journals ladies! Where there's a will there's a way!
Feb 5, 2009 1:38 PM

Dec 2007
To be honest, I found it less upsetting than the movie, but that may be 'cause I wasn't alone when I watched it and I find it hard to get totally involved in such situations. *re-watches*

Oh, I can say this for sure though: the light on Nagisa was waaay too bright.
Feb 5, 2009 5:38 PM
Jun 2007
Movie's better. No matter how many times I watch the movie, there's always tears gonna come out.
Feb 5, 2009 11:21 PM

Nov 2007
... Nagisa nooooooooooo D: but yeah the ending totally killed the built up fillings.
Feb 6, 2009 7:56 AM

Dec 2007
Drengot said:
Movie's better. No matter how many times I watch the movie, there's always tears gonna come out.

Yeah, I re-watched it and felt very little emotion. :/ I think the fact Nagisa doesn't really comment on Ushio doesn't help. Although that's perhaps more realstic. But it's like her hope-filled character fades the moment she begins to give birth. =/ She barely even seemed happy she had been able to see her child alive. In the movie, she remained bright 'til the end and said she was glad to see Ushio. I know that's more realistic but it's less heart-wrenching. :/
Feb 6, 2009 1:03 PM

Sep 2008
im REALLY curious to see how the anime will progress from here :) now theres a replacement nagisa
Feb 7, 2009 5:02 AM

Jan 2008
Honestly, Nagisa's death was unexpected. Though i didn't cried, i could felt my eyes were .. whats the word.. something like it's gonna burst.

Damn.... 6/5
Feb 7, 2009 10:25 PM

Nov 2007
"Hell, it's about time!" - Tychus Findlay

"Haruhi stood in front of a sign that says "Don't feed the pigeons," she then began to openly throw bread crumbs around like a gardener determined to make the wilting flowers blossom again. All I could say about this is that she's probably illiterate." - Kyon 2:3

Feb 8, 2009 7:09 PM

Jan 2008
Oh, I think that's the first time my eyes actually HURT from crying. Fuck.

wesley96 said:
it's all sad, but the saddest was in lucky star. NOW WAIT! before you comment, it was in episode 22, with Konata's mom. And how there was flashbacks about the mom and the dad, and the spirit of Konata's mom was taking a picture with them. I swear, if Clannad made you cry, so would that.

I can't think of the last time someone failed as much as you just did. Not even KyoAni for using the normal ED after Nagisa's death.

...And now for something completely suicidal.

I shall be attempting to make an AMV with Nagisa's final moments to One Last Goodbye by Anathema. I'm not quite sure why, as I think it may just be the most sadistic thing I can think of.

Here's the lyrics. They fit perfectly I think. Not to mention I listened to it after watching the ep and I cried again ='(.
SeasonreaperFeb 8, 2009 7:38 PM
Feb 9, 2009 7:42 PM

Aug 2008
Man, I haven't commented on anything in a while now. Anyways, this really was a tear-jerking episode. Very amazing and you could really feel the characters emotions this time.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 9, 2009 9:59 PM

May 2008
spoiler pertains to future plot
Feb 11, 2009 9:14 PM
Jan 2008
wow! had almost forgotten about this until tonight. Sad ending is (indeed)sad. and i know about the pain of loss, having buried someone i loved, also. but then, so has just about everyone in this forum. but that is a part of life. and i guess pain, suffering. . .etc. all remind us that we are still alive, and must carry on somehow.
Feb 14, 2009 8:19 AM

Oct 2008
How depressing..

This episode explains why the low birthrates. The idea of having a cute little baby is definitely not worth it. The risks are always there. Tomoya, how could you?! (>_<)
Feb 16, 2009 10:50 PM

Sep 2007
Nagisa died? I thought she just passed out again. =/
Drengot said:
Qft.

Feb 17, 2009 9:20 PM
Feb 2009
i know it'll happen... This is worest side of Anime... They never in 100% serve us happy events. >.< this is last "romance" or "Scraps of live*" I'm watching... I have enough for few months...

*this is literaly translation from polish
Sry for my english it's 6 A.M. i have destroyed mood and totaly can't pick up...
Mar 8, 2009 8:24 PM

Jan 2008
I was over at my dad's when I watched this ep so I tried not to cry (I normally just let it happen) but I couldn't help it
. I didn't wail or anything, I basically just quietly sobbed. Anyway, I didn't see this coming really even though I saw the movie because I thought it would be different. I did, however, see it coming right before it happened because of the hidden world scene (or whatever it's called). When I saw that the junk guy was leaving the girl somehow it made me think "oh no, I hope that doesn't mean what I think it means" even though I'm not sure it really meant that. That's just what it made me think and from then on I was dreading that possibility.
but...
I'm also happy because of Ushio and because Nagisa got to see her before she died. Most of all I just wish Tomoya could have kept his promise with Nagisa. That's probably what makes me cry the most.
Anyway, I'm interested to see how things go with Tomoya and Ushio, what happens between Kyou and that guy (If they show that again), and how it all ends. And I hope (even if it's not in the game) that they make another OVA that shows what would have happened if Nagisa had not died.
Mar 9, 2009 4:30 PM

Jul 2008
i... can not... believe... that nagisa... is... dead
she was my 4th fav
1:18 et vivus et fui mortuus et ecce sum vivens in saecula saeculorum et habeo claves mortis et inferni
Mar 18, 2009 11:29 PM

Feb 2008
.... sob ...

What a painful episode this is?!
Mar 23, 2009 6:44 PM

Feb 2008
I'm so sad now, I can't believe they killed her! I was hoping she would only be unconcious or in a coma or something! What the hell are the next 8 episodes going to include if one of the main characters is dead?
Mar 23, 2009 10:18 PM

Jun 2008
That was almost unbearable to watch.
Apr 2, 2009 12:17 PM

Aug 2007
(watching it late)

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo x infinity! TT_________________________TT

I just can't believe it; my favourite character dies... and Tomoya becomes a worthless bum who doesn't even know his own daughter. He's acting just like his dad did.

If you think about it, most of the series is centered around Nagisa-chan and Tomoya, so I felt like everything that this anime has lead up two just crashed into a million pieces.

I am hating Clannad, yet loving it at the same time because it was completely unpredictable. Clannad is definitely one of the best I have seen.

AGH, just thinking about what happens gets me bitter. DDDDDDD:

I haven't cried this much since Saikano.
Apr 2, 2009 4:55 PM

Jun 2007
Stick with it.
Apr 3, 2009 7:59 PM

Jul 2008
Damn, this is the closest I have ever come to crying while watching anime.
Apr 4, 2009 3:34 PM

Oct 2008
Omg awesome stuff, ED just pwned everyone though.

Hope she comes back to life... One of the best emotional episodes I've seen ever.
Apr 6, 2009 10:18 PM

May 2008
omg nononono;;

Damn this show messing with my emotions, that was hard to watch;;
Apr 7, 2009 5:02 PM

Jan 2009
Honestly, i didn't see this coming at all.

I love to watch things knowing as little as possible, for example to watch movies without even read the synopsis, because this way the surprise will be bigger (for good or for bad).
So i neither have watched Clannad (Movie) nor have played to the visual novel.

The series finished a few weeks ago, so i have been spammed and spoiled with a lot of clannad stuff like avatars, signs, pictures, fanarts, etc... Most of them focused on Nagisa-Tomoya-Ushio, what is obvious, but i mean a happy family, the three together.

At the end of the episode, i was pretty sure that Nagisa was going to open her eyes and all would be ok, because that's what's suppose to happen and because there are still 6 episodes before it ends and for what i said in the previous paragraph, but IT DIDN'T HAPPEN.

Actually, i want to cry, but i can't. I'm shocked, a real shock.
juankerApr 8, 2009 3:08 AM
Apr 14, 2009 10:13 AM

Apr 2008
I'm so glad they did not show any funeral or anything like that,allthough it did feel like they jumped abit to much after she passed away.
even so,I'm glad,as I wouldn't have been able to watch it.

Before I even got to this episode,I was "smart" enough to read a spoiler on the Ushio character where it said that Nagisa were going to die after dilering Ushio.
hell,I've been close to crying before I got this far,but I'm glad it wasn't that hard as I thought it would be.

Because they did skip(in my opinion they did) the funeral,and the time between this episode and the next, I were able to go on without sitting here crying for the enxt 10 minutes. A strong 10/10
hyptocalusApr 14, 2009 11:22 AM
Apr 18, 2009 1:12 AM

Sep 2008
Alot of you are in Despair I see.
Go Watch Sumomo momo Its epic. It has not gotten much attention... Episode 1
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v83597095dreGdW#comments
Apr 27, 2009 1:10 AM

Oct 2007
Man. I actually cried. If they showed that funeral, I wouldn't been able to sleep and wake up to finish my homework!

I read the spoiler before watching the series but when actually watching it, makes me feel down inside. Really goes to show the hardships of life in a different way.
May 13, 2009 2:28 AM
Apr 2009
Why did they have to have a kid so early?

For a second I thought she wasn't going to die. To be honest, the episode was sad but not that tear jerking, but that may have to do with me growing a callus to this kind of thing now. It was hard to watch her in pain too.

So I wonder what they are they going to do with the last 8 episodes.

ED killed it. Just like the Dango song in Season 1.
May 13, 2009 8:25 PM

Dec 2008
Of course. Even though it was so obvious that Nagisa would died I really wish she didn't. Poor Tomoya... I cried so much.. But this is really a good anime! Definitely still worth watching. I'm very interested in seeing how Tomoya is related to the other world that the garbage doll and girl are in. And how Ushio is going to turn out(glad she ended up being a girl).

p.s. Haven't seen the movie. >.>;

Oh, and I agree about the ending song... Totally ruined the mood.

Pages (12) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

patient_senses - Mar 12, 2009

1170 by -45- »»
12 hours ago

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

mflatischler - Jan 22, 2009

255 by tamildhool111 »»
May 12, 3:57 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

OurSocialStatus - Mar 26, 2009

324 by wibugar »»
May 9, 2:44 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

slayer545-sama - Nov 20, 2008

245 by jilebi_james23 »»
May 8, 1:57 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

id - Feb 12, 2009

727 by -45- »»
May 4, 9:12 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.