Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Corpse Party: Blood Covered
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
May 29, 2014 5:02 AM

Oct 2013
Sure had a lot of fun watching this, i'll give it 7/10.

May 30, 2014 10:54 AM

Nov 2011
@macnch The story ended up being pretty choppy with elements being changed and condensed from the game. The moving of characters between the closed spaces wasn't clear, nor was...that girl being possessed and hanging...that other girl.

Satoshi seemed strangely fine about his sister's death. I think it probably was because he didn't really have time to dwell on it with all the threats in that school. This reason may also for why he didn't--or should I say couldn't--pick up a different piece of that paper doll.

As for your last paragraph, Naomi probably wasn't thinking straight with all those emotions she was feeling, and because also Satoshi's plan was basically a botch-job.

------------------------------

I'm wondering if people's opinions on this would change if it was a film instead of a short series. Maybe they're annoyed that because this was released in an episodic format, there's now no chance of it getting a proper anime adaptation.

I liked the ending anyway. At first I thought it was good because it was almost dark humour, and because it was so striking: they should've all reappeared in the real world in a line but instead there's a giant hole where most of Satoshi's body should've been.

But then I thought whether they were being ironic: If they all survived they probably would've been in a love triangle, as it was hinted enough. Thus Naomi and Ayumi would've likely metaphorically been in a tug-of-war for Satoshi. Instead it looks like they were literally and they've pulled hard enough that Satoshi has been ripped apart. If that was the intention then the writer(s) for that is very clever--in my opinion anyway :/

I'd give this series an 8 anyway, but I'm rating it as if it was a film because it seems more appropriate that way (can't really compare it against longer anime series).
May 31, 2014 1:10 AM

Jun 2013
Objurgo said:
The game was better, this was okay I can see that they were trying to make a different story but the games one was better and the ending was a lot better because by then everything was explained properly and was fleshed out.

This. They should try to expand the story more, because for those who don't know the game will be confused a little bit because the pacing is so fast. And I prefer the good endings from the game to those bunches of bad endings.
But this is still enjoyable to watch, don't mind the brutality of this show. Ahem, Elfen Lied.
May 31, 2014 1:12 AM

Jun 2013
Objurgo said:
xin09 said:
T_T Satoshi you are my hero. I rated this anime 10/10 so it will have more attention why did they have to end it this way im so sad i want to cry

Have you played the game? if not you should watch someone do a walkthrough to the true end of corpse party it's a lot better and tons more satisfying

This.
I'm sad too. Feeeeeeeeels are coming. T_T
May 31, 2014 1:13 AM

Jun 2013
Ryugen said:
xBroken said:
Wait can someone explain what happened to Satoshi at the end? Like why that happened to him.

Because Naomi had no paper to return with, Satoshi gave her his and told her that he had Yuka's from when he took it from her so she wouldn't lose it.

However, that was a lie and at the end when you see the guy who killed Yuka's ID card, it shows that Satoshi took the paper that he had and didn't have Yuka's

Basically he took the risk of not knowing what would happen if you used a strangers paper for himself and he died because of it.

Feeeeeeeeeels are really coming. Tears are coming down.
May 31, 2014 4:33 PM
May 2014
Yo, but if Satoshi died using a piece that wasn't his, why didn't Naomi die too? Since she used Satoshi's piece and not her own.
Jun 1, 2014 7:17 AM

Nov 2011
Celstie said:
Yo, but if Satoshi died using a piece that wasn't his, why didn't Naomi die too? Since she used Satoshi's piece and not her own.

Well I thought of it this way (it's outrageous but better than nothing). Each spell used a different paper doll and it took them from where they were in the real world to that supernatural school. Thus reversing the spell would take them to the place in the real world where the piece of the paper doll that they CURRENTLY have last was. This would mean that Satoshi would be wherever Yuuya did the spell. His hands were probably covered by the girls' spell when they were all holding hands.
Jun 1, 2014 7:53 PM
May 2014
PreFuturism-0 said:
Celstie said:

Well I thought of it this way (it's outrageous but better than nothing). Each spell used a different paper doll and it took them from where they were in the real world to that supernatural school. Thus reversing the spell would take them to the place in the real world where the piece of the paper doll that they CURRENTLY have last was. This would mean that Satoshi would be wherever Yuuya did the spell. His hands were probably covered by the girls' spell when they were all holding hands.

So he could still possibly have been alive upon returning, but just armless xD
That's actually a great theory
Jun 8, 2014 10:48 AM

Aug 2013
There was only death so I don't like this series.

I'm not remotely interested what in the end there happened and why there were only 2 arms in the real world.

I can't even remember their names D:
AiedailinJun 8, 2014 10:55 AM
I don't like the terms "good person" or "bad person" because it's impossible to be entirely good to everyone or entirely bad to everyone.
To some, you are a good person, while to others, you are a bad person. ~Armin (Shingeki no Kyojin)

Jun 9, 2014 2:51 AM

Aug 2013
Only 4 characters that I really cared about, and 3 of them Fucking DIED man. This is why I don't watch shit that involves all the main characters dying. Kishinuma was a fucking hero man, Yuka, WHYYY T__T, and Satoshi, you guys, Goddamn. T__T, thank god at least Ayumi survived, but I wonder what happened to her in the end, did she go bad-shit crazy as well or managed to keep her sanity? Rest of the characters were...meh. Whatever. The teacher served absolutely no purpose other than making a fucked up death scene.

Can anyone tell me how the game ended? I don't feel like playing through all the chapters and I only finished the 1st one. Anyone? Please?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 11, 2014 5:10 AM
Mar 2013
Aww, what happened here? I played the game and this was not what I was expecting. I like how they changed the anime so that it would be different from the game but they screwed this up.

Corpse Party had so much more to offer there was no way it could be covered in 4 episodes. In any case, this anime tortured my heart ;_; Yoshiki, Satoshi, Yuka, Ms. Yui, Morishige, Mayu. Everyone was screwed in this OVA. Even the people that survived were mentally scarred for life, especially poor Naomi! It was really disappointing. I hope they fully adapt the game into a full anime someday.

@Rei_Rei

Jun 11, 2014 7:40 AM

Aug 2013
emeraldrosary said:
Aww, what happened here? I played the game and this was not what I was expecting. I like how they changed the anime so that it would be different from the game but they screwed this up.

Corpse Party had so much more to offer there was no way it could be covered in 4 episodes. In any case, this anime tortured my heart ;_; Yoshiki, Satoshi, Yuka, Ms. Yui, Morishige, Mayu. Everyone was screwed in this OVA. Even the people that survived were mentally scarred for life, especially poor Naomi! It was really disappointing. I hope they fully adapt the game into a full anime someday.

@Rei_Rei

Ths for the answer. At least 5 of them survived there. ^^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 11, 2014 4:45 PM
Jun 2014
SPOILERS THIS WHOLE POST HAS SPOILERS READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

I do not understand, is the only way to understand the anime to play through the game? Like the anime would make sense if it was longer but everything felt so jumpy and everything felt like it was skipping around. In the game the dead bodies keep yelling that one guys name but in the anime he served no purpose except to kill Yuka.

Also when Naho used that spell on Satoshi what happened to him? It never explained shit, he disappeared and the next time we see him hes just chillin and found Naomi. Ayumi and Yoshiki never appeased the girl with the missing eye yet 10 scenes later shes appeased and happy and shit like wtf happened there? Also who possessed Naomi and Naho to kill the people? Was it sachiko? Also how was sachiko able to kill people after she was dead anyways? Who the fuck was the teacher who cant talk, if he didnt do the crimes why was he in the cursed school killing people? Why did he help Sachiko? Im so confused, i wish I had answers. I got up to chapter 3 i nthe game and im still just as confused, why in the anime did Ms Yui find Suzumoto and not Ayumi and Yoshiki like in the game? Also the game hasnt explained any of this shit so far (chapter 1 and 2). In the anime Ayumi places a candle down just incase someone else would be able to find it, like in the game, but they never took it any further. The whole anime seemed like a rushed jumpy pile of shit mess.

Sorry I dont know how to do spoiler tags
zedqtJun 11, 2014 4:48 PM
Jun 11, 2014 4:47 PM

Sep 2012
zedqt said:
The whole anime seemed like a rushed jumpy pile of shit mess.
Because that's what it is.

They cared more about adding gore fanservice than they did about making an actual coherent story.
Jun 13, 2014 2:16 PM

Apr 2013
What a troll ending.
Jun 19, 2014 7:19 AM
Dec 2012
My reaction to this series was "Kore dake?" and yawn when watching the episodes. This series is like walk, then found a note, walk again, found a note again, just like some rpg and this makes it unrealistic, how can it be so many notes(diary,books) laying around for you to pick up. I guess the creator has some tongue cutting fetish, its getting bored after so many tongue cutting, should have more unique torture scene~ hehehe~
GBSHITMALANDGNJun 19, 2014 7:23 AM
Jul 1, 2014 10:38 AM

Nov 2011
I read Corpse Party: Musume manga which has the same story and characters, it was crap, but honestly the amount of improvements to the story that went into this to makes it hard for me to hate it.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Jul 10, 2014 11:42 PM

Aug 2012
That ending left me SPEECHLESS. After watching the playthrough of the game, I was expecting Satoshi to survive too. But noooo, he fucking died!!! D=
The ending was really good. I enjoyed (?) it? Lol 8/10
Jul 14, 2014 12:02 PM

Apr 2011
Well, this is the 2nd time I watched this. After I watch a full playthrough of the game, the anime kinda make sense now. First time I watched I was like "dafuq", couldn't get the plot completely, just watch for the gore, but now it's much more clear and enjoyable. Had a seacond Thrill ride with this anime. Glad I rewatched it.

Still, can't take thing seriously with the fact that Sachiko's voice remind me of Chopper form OP lol. Pumped the score up to 8/10
Jul 16, 2014 4:22 PM

Jun 2013
The series was good but the ending was bad. Why did they had to kill Satoshi? Because of that stupid bitch Naomi who lost her paper he had to die. There were many unexplained things in this anime as well. But overall the amount of gore and horror made it worth watching. 7/10
Jul 22, 2014 6:20 AM

Jul 2009
Wow it was really cool, I am just sad that Seiko and Kishinuma were killed, the 4 should be the survivors.
8/10
Aug 2, 2014 7:48 AM

Nov 2013
This could have easily been a 13 episode season anime. Way too rushed. But I can't complain, there are barely any horror anime out there.
Aug 6, 2014 11:47 PM

Jun 2012
Well the ending with why Satoshi died is still a big mystery to me. He died because he used a different piece, but if he gave his to Naomi then why not her also?
They showed Naomi in the end, but not Ayumi, I guess she lived happily ever after?

Other than that, I kind of liked this for what it was in the time it had. If only this got a full adaptation or something so I could fully understand it. Well, there is the game, but I'm not as interested in playing a game for a story.
This did pretty well as a horror, the brutality reminded me of Another. I think if it had more time, the plot also wouldn't be a confusing mess. Either a 6/10 or 7/10 for me.

I liked the Kishinuma and Ayumi thing ;)

Aug 7, 2014 4:02 PM

Aug 2012
Saburo-kun said:
Well the ending with why Satoshi died is still a big mystery to me. He died because he used a different piece, but if he gave his to Naomi then why not her also?
They showed Naomi in the end, but not Ayumi, I guess she lived happily ever after?

Other than that, I kind of liked this for what it was in the time it had. If only this got a full adaptation or something so I could fully understand it. Well, there is the game, but I'm not as interested in playing a game for a story.
This did pretty well as a horror, the brutality reminded me of Another. I think if it had more time, the plot also wouldn't be a confusing mess. Either a 6/10 or 7/10 for me.

I liked the Kishinuma and Ayumi thing ;)

You should watch the playthorugh of the game on YouTube. The story is really good and the anime would make so much more sense if you watch/play it.
Aug 7, 2014 4:02 PM

Dec 2013
Trainwreck, i should have watched Pewds videos instead of wasting my time with this.
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Aug 7, 2014 4:06 PM

Aug 2012
FlareStar101 said:
Trainwreck, i should have watched Pewds videos instead of wasting my time with this.

I watched his videos first and then watched the anime. Anime was like a little treat after knowing the story in the game. =)
Aug 11, 2014 11:33 AM

Jul 2011
The ova seemed too fast and without some details that i would like to see. But it's really good to see everything animated and the gore (since there isn't enough in the game) but i really disliked somethings like ayumi being a bitch, yui-sensei dying that way and yoshiki's death that was a great bullshit (my fav char </3) wasn't expecting satoshi's death i don't know how to feel about this tbh
i'll give a 7/10 because i really like the game.
Aug 21, 2014 4:48 AM
May 2014
such a fitting ending to this anime! Although I'm kinda bummed about Satoshi at the end but I'm also glad it wasn't a happy ending after all. It wouldn't have suited the style I think ^_^

Nice touch right at the end too, i thought it was a flashback to Sachiko's mother but it was showing that Naomi had finally lost herself..
Aug 21, 2014 6:58 AM

Jul 2014
HyperTokyo said:
such a fitting ending to this anime! Although I'm kinda bummed about Satoshi at the end but I'm also glad it wasn't a happy ending after all. It wouldn't have suited the style I think ^_^

Nice touch right at the end too, i thought it was a flashback to Sachiko's mother but it was showing that Naomi had finally lost herself..

Yeah, your right.
I kinda feel sad for naomi though..
She lost her best friend + Satoshi.. And with everthing that happened in Heavenly Host, i would also be like Naomi if i got into Heavenly host :/
Aug 24, 2014 8:01 AM

Jan 2014
tbh I think the anime should end with Satoshi not noticing Naomi took the paper from the corpse and Naomi should be the one to die. She is just a useless bitch that carries an ass tube with her all the time. When was she even useful? At the end she just lost her shit and suffer from psychological problems.
Sep 3, 2014 5:52 PM

Jan 2012
Naomi:

-Hurt her foot
-Argue with best friend
-Kill best friend
-Lost important piece of paper
-Kill Satoshi (no intention to, but...)
-Finally goes insane

BAD GRAMMAR IS BAD BUT SRSLYYYYYYY why? Yuka dying was already bad enough... same about Kishinuma.

I have mixed feelings about this anime... I think I'll play the game someday.
Sep 5, 2014 9:54 PM

Sep 2013
The ending should not had come as a surprise, but it sure did touch my emotions.
Sep 12, 2014 11:09 PM

Mar 2012
Hmm...all the major horrors in one, particularly Another, and the killing style of Elfen Lied too...story wasn't terrible for what was presented, 4 episodes did seem to be too short, but to be honest, I really don't know if I could stomach a whole 12/13 episode show with this kind of gore. Elfen Lied went easy on it's viewers by not showing guts in every kill, but this one...shit....it definitely was a good watch at 2 in the morning...

Overall, 7/10

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Sep 14, 2014 7:00 PM

Dec 2010
Mochida's sacrifice at the end was touching but everything else in this ONA was a pile of shit. Still...entertaining, so that's a 6/10.
Sep 19, 2014 2:15 AM

Aug 2014
i had a gut feeling Satoshi was going to die since they didnt show the conversation he had with yuki i just assumed whatever she had to say wasnt good and well i was right, it kinda sucks that even though he sacrificed his life and gave naomi a chance...she still ended up going crazy. but who knows maybe she gets the help she needs and somewhat recovers?

Also, WAY to short should of been more episodes to let the plot develop a little slowly but still worth watching!
"Whatever happens, happens."

Sep 19, 2014 8:37 AM

May 2014
The ending was kinda ... I dunno, not what I was expecting. Maybe I'll play the game someday.
Sep 27, 2014 3:42 PM

Jan 2011
I gotta say that I really liked this. I haven't played the game but I have played through Ib a few times and I really loved that one. The mystery, puzzles solving. It really was like I was watching a game.
6/10 I just can't live with, so I'll give it 7/10.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Oct 1, 2014 4:02 PM

May 2012
Pretty fucked up episode, especially that backstory! But well I quite liked the ending actually and the overall character development so this small but quite intense story was pretty good!
Oct 6, 2014 5:49 PM

Dec 2012
Was actually surprised at the end. It was different from the game's ending, so I had to go back and rewatch to see why
Oct 13, 2014 5:53 PM

Feb 2010
That was amazing! I need more series like this. I love unexpected ending so the ending was awesome but also pretty sad.I loved it though.
FOLLOW MY SOCIAL MEDIA IF YOU LIKE COSPLAY ADN ANIME RELATED VIDEOS!
https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyMeilin
https://www.facebook.com/Ladymeilin
Oct 17, 2014 1:20 PM

Jan 2014

I think it is possible that he is still alive. As par Horror genre tropes, characters aren't dead until they are killed - like teacher Shishido Yui - or sometimes even after.

A good series for avid horror fans; tolerable (stomach-wise) to "light horror" fans (Elfen Lied, Higurashi, Akira), like me; a big FORBIDDEN for the rest.
Dec 22, 2014 12:50 PM

Sep 2014
Really good for a 4 episode OVA series. Only thing about the series I think they could of done better on was not making the characters so retarded. Yuka and Satoshi splits up in a creepy place they have little knowledge on so Yuka dies for it. Its only logical to stay by someone in unfamiliar territory until you know what your dealing with. But this seems to be a common trait amonst horror genre even in non-anime scenes so I am not particularly mad.
8/10

"Honestly... it kinda doesn't matter where I go... whether I'm alive or dead... I'm still pretty dandy."
Jan 11, 2015 10:44 AM

Aug 2014
I saw the game playthrough before, so it was something else to watch now. Yeah, they skipped A LOT of scene, which is kinda sad, but the ambience was amazing. Definitely a great shock value, especially the very end. Also, the last scene was the prologue of the Corpse Party: Book of Shadows, I saw the first part of it as well. Also, RIP Yuka, Yoshiki.

Hmm I'll give it a 10/10 because it is supposed to be shocking since its a horror/gore anime.

Edit: Re-evaluated score is an 8, I'll be changing my ratings a little bit~
PotatoFlareFeb 27, 2017 12:58 PM
Jan 11, 2015 6:54 PM
Jul 2018
I played the game and not too disappointed with this anime, although the story is a little different and the ending is original, but I like the gore
Jan 27, 2015 9:13 AM

Jun 2013
So. That was a boring ending to say the least. Was expecting them all to be slaughtered in the most brutal manner possible. After all, that was the only good thing about this show in the end.

The characters are bland and very shallow. Nothing about them really stand out. Too short time to build any real character relationship either. In this aspect the show failed horribly.

Story is well, I don't know. Things seemed to happen and explanations were given for things we didn't even see. I was confused as to who they were talking about sometimes and couldn't relate to anything they said about them. Rushed story is always a bad story.

Sound and art was nothing special. Sure I got the dark feeling from the art, but the characters are just too bland for me to actually take it seriously.

The one thing this show managed to do well in was the killing scenes. Especially one in the previous episode were the guy gets killed by having a hand shoved through his skull. Brutal stuff right there.

Was thinking about giving this a 5/10 for being a mediocre show, but then I realize that it's actually a bad show so I'll give it a 4/10.
Jan 28, 2015 6:19 PM

Oct 2007
What a boring piece of time wasting shit this anime was. Unbelievable. Everything was boring.
Feb 1, 2015 1:34 PM
Sep 2014
What a shame, this could be really good show if animators didnt lack imagination.
Character animation and script was so dumb. They were just "teleported" to some wierd, old school full of dead bodies and they were joking around (first episode) like that is their everyday thing, walking calm next to bodies with no fear or disgust. Idk, if they worked little bit more on that and on animation so they are not just like lifless puppets, it would be amazing.
Story was.. interesting, nothing special. They killed right people at the right time. Ending and epilogue were good also.
Soundtrack was, imo, amazing. But, if anything else, this show is definitely taking award for most brutal anime i saw.
Feb 13, 2015 9:29 AM

Feb 2010
Rather shitty. I'd recommend the Evil Dead remake if you liked this though. It also features cardboard cut-out characters, plenty of horror cliches and completely relies on shocks, but unlike this, it's also visually impressive (practical effects is the way to go) and has more varied deaths.

Anyway, the game is way better.
Feb 14, 2015 7:49 AM

Jan 2015
i loved the episode :D and the whole series
Feb 24, 2015 6:09 PM

Feb 2015
Well, I have no words... Except maybe that the two most annoying character had to survive... I'm kinda glad Naomi went full on crazy in the end. Own fault that Machida died. Shouldn't have lost that charm, Naomi.

I don't even know how to describe this episode or the hole OVA. I liked watching it (when the characters weren't so god damn stupid) but it is not very good in the end... The pacing is all wrong in some scenes and there is lot of stuff that aren't explained. Okay, I get it... It's only 4 episodes but still!

I've watched in youtube when people play this game and it's definitely better.

But still, this OVA did gave me pretty much all I was looking from it. Blood, gore and horrific deaths.
Homeless_SwallowNov 8, 2015 5:28 PM
"Oh, I wasn't trying to be funny.. I would've put a 'Haha' at the end of it."

Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

» why no asmr

batslimeman - Apr 17

3 by puppycham »»
Apr 19, 3:17 AM

Poll: » Corpse Party: Tortured Souls - Bougyakusareta Tamashii no Jukyou Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

babymilo91 - Aug 13, 2013

109 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Nov 29, 2023 9:20 AM

Poll: » Corpse Party: Tortured Souls - Bougyakusareta Tamashii no Jukyou Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 )

omega_d94 - Aug 13, 2013

89 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Nov 28, 2023 12:50 PM

Poll: » Corpse Party: Tortured Souls - Bougyakusareta Tamashii no Jukyou General Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 23, 2013

135 by AdityaRizkiS »»
Nov 27, 2023 12:39 PM

» Did anyone else find Corpse Party: Tortured Souls scary?

SSJ4ABD - Nov 18, 2021

15 by Fleeting_Dream »»
Oct 23, 2023 5:06 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.