Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 26, 2009 10:49 PM

Sep 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
*facedesk*

Oh wow, that dancing scene made me laugh. Totally inappropriate pop/rock in the middle of beautiful mountain scenery with a ridiculous dance to go with it. And Fan hallucinating about Lira just tops it off.

rofl at Berthier being alive, only to be disposed of at the end of the episode. What an awful waste of bringing a character back from the dead. Man, though, he must have some crazy information network if he managed to (almost) find Fan in an isolated cabin in the mountains on a random planet. Idris should have kept him around.

Well, I suppose this was a necessary episode to get Fan to stop moping about Lira. Although now that he's not bloodthirsty for revenge, I wonder what his motive will be for attacking Tytania. Probably "fulfilling Lira's dying wish" or something like that.

Wonder what those old folks were thinking, though. "Hey, Aunt and Uncle! I found a 30-year-old man! He says he's a hero. Can he sleep in my room?"
Jan 26, 2009 11:04 PM
Jun 2008
laughably bad, tytania is such a terrible anime I really am not sure why I keep watching it.

The dancing scene on the mountaintop was so retarded, I dont even know how to put it into words. The hallucination was like what I would expect from the absolute worst writers imaginable. Talk about uncreative.

I really do have a soft spot in my heart for space opera but the fact that I dislike tytania so much makes it all the more disappointing as I am inclined to forgive a lot. Im rating it a 2 at the moment and am having trouble believing it will get any better.

The fact that berthier went back to Idris after being left for dead by the same guy is astounding. It defies ALL logic, if anything he would have went back and shot idris in the face, I know I would have. The fact that he is rewarded at the end with death makes it all the more LULZ.

Tytania sucks end of story.
Dont be a chitogetard!!!!
Jan 27, 2009 2:32 AM

Jun 2008
Good to see that I'm not the only person who laughed at the dance seance.
I'm still hopping that it will get better...
Jan 27, 2009 1:27 PM

May 2008
Lol dancing Fan.

I still have hope that Tytania gets better, the first episodes were so good I don't know why the quality decreased so much lately (unless my theory that the novel material already ended and we are getting fillerish episodes is true)

At least I think the animation improved this week
Jan 27, 2009 2:26 PM
Dec 2007
Quite a boring, but much needed episode. Now Fan is back to business and Berthier out of the picture for good (not counting that Zahrlish's influence is becoming ridiculously weak now...).

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jan 27, 2009 7:11 PM

Feb 2008
Okay Berthier, your last appearance Idris threw you to the wolves along with Alses, you actually realized that Idris had tricked you and left you to die. Still, when you miraculously survive with only a crushed leg you go right back into the service of the man who just tried to kill you. Weren't you supposed to be a bit more cunning than that?
Jan 27, 2009 8:42 PM

Aug 2008
Wow.

I thought last week's episode was bad. This was horrible. Naikou said everything I had to say, but geez. Really? Ughhh.

Wow.
Jan 27, 2009 8:43 PM

Sep 2007
Isambard said:
Okay Berthier, your last appearance Idris threw you to the wolves along with Alses, you actually realized that Idris had tricked you and left you to die. Still, when you miraculously survive with only a crushed leg you go right back into the service of the man who just tried to kill you. Weren't you supposed to be a bit more cunning than that?

No, see, it was all part of Berthier's plan. If you betray someone, and they still trust you, you know you have a winner. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like Idris was thinking ahead that far...
Jan 27, 2009 8:51 PM

Aug 2008
yes, I believe that's called battered wives' syndrome.

And that's the last time anyone heard Berthier's name...

geez.
Jan 27, 2009 9:06 PM

Feb 2008
oooo i was so afraid that girl was gonna get killed. that would have been truly tragic. well, here's to next episode.
Jan 28, 2009 5:47 AM

Apr 2008
This show's going so rapidly downhill it's not even funny anymore. Yawn, honestly.
Also, the narrator is really starting to bug me. Her gazillion gozaimasus a sentence are like nails on a chalkboard.
Jan 28, 2009 8:28 AM

Jan 2008
Only one word descibes it: abyssmal.

"There is a road in the hearts of all of us, hidden and seldom traveled,
which leads to an unknown, secret place."
Jan 28, 2009 4:55 PM

Jun 2007
Fan likes lolis now? lol episode was funny and felt so out of place...this was a bad filler.
Jan 28, 2009 8:26 PM
Feb 2008
liked this episode alot. character development ftw!!

also, i could probably use some of that wheat right about now ...
Jan 31, 2009 2:11 AM

Jun 2007
I feel like lord jouslain is the main character
Jan 31, 2009 12:45 PM

Mar 2008
I still wonder how could I watch this episode until the end... it was so bad.

My last hope for Tytania is a confrontation between Fan and Tytania which would be so epic that it will make us forget all the shite we have seen in the last ten episodes.
Feb 2, 2009 6:43 AM
Aug 2008
topzki47 said:
I feel like lord jouslain is the main character

Well, Lord Jouslain is at least as good-looking as Fan, plus unlike the rest of Tytania, he's not:
1) a homicidal maniac;
2) a megalomaniac;
3) a stone-cold killer incapable of any human empathy.

So yeah, I think Jouslain is the real center of the story. Of course Fan is the underdog hero, and therefore will steal the spotlight.

But this episode was like watching the movies that later got made into "Mystery Science Theater 3000." I could just imagine Mike and the 'bots making fun of the dialogue.

But the writers were clearly writing for nostalgia. I'm a sucker for nostalgia. No little girl would be allowed to do those lines today. She was written as a homage to 1975 or earlier.

Little girl: "I didn't have any money, so I went to a man I know who could smuggle me ..."
Mike and the 'bots: "...and the only payment he demanded was a certain favor."

Little girl: "Whenever I feel depressed, I chew this wheat."
Mike and the 'bots: "It's a mildly hallucinogenic euphoric."

But beyond that, the girl's story didn't make even the slightest amount of sense. Oh, yeah, she has a cozy little cottage on a safe planet near relatives ... but she hangs out in spaceports and shines shoes for pennies, and no one worries that she's going to get abducted or anything! The writers' brains were in 1965 when they wrote that, because it was inconceivable for little girls on 1965 television to be mistreated in graphic, distasteful ways. The only dangers they faced were talking wolves dressed up in their grandmothers' nightgowns.

I actually found Berthier's actions plausible. It was not so much "battered wife syndrome" as "ambitious glory-hound soldier" syndrome combined with old-fashioned hero worship. Berthier worships Tytania as the master race, so naturally he's willing to suffer and die just for a chance to lick their boots.
Feb 19, 2010 12:18 PM

Jul 2008
well that was pretty close, and tytania is not going to be happy about it
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Sep 24, 2010 2:39 PM

Jan 2010
QuothTheRaven said:
Also, the narrator is really starting to bug me. Her gazillion gozaimasus a sentence are like nails on a chalkboard.

ARGHHH ME TOO
Oct 20, 2013 4:10 AM

Nov 2009
The only way this could get any farther off from LoGH is if another loli comes in to the picture and happens to have a total crush on her "onii-chan" . . .
Mar 15, 2015 10:26 AM

Nov 2009
OK, this ep decidedly was the rock bottom. Being around that retarded pink loli must've made even Fan's genius brains turn into pink mush, this is the only plausible reason I can find as to why he up and started hallucinating and dancing and singing. Was a particularly tough ep to sit through, especially having learned that nothing even remotely similar was in the novels. Well, at least it should get better and closer to what was in the novel now.
ったく、嫌な世の中だよ。

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tytania Episode 26 Discussion

skriticos - Mar 31, 2009

49 by oooo3333 »»
May 3, 2022 2:36 PM

Poll: » Tytania Episode 20 Discussion

noteDhero - Mar 13, 2009

21 by Cnon »»
Feb 22, 2021 1:58 PM

Poll: » Tytania Episode 21 Discussion

cyruz - Mar 20, 2009

25 by Accelerator48 »»
Oct 22, 2020 6:34 AM

» Does the anime cover the entirety of the novels?

Rarestar - Jun 1, 2019

2 by Roloko »»
Jun 28, 2020 6:56 PM

Poll: » Tytania Episode 17 Discussion

Faust721 - Feb 14, 2009

21 by Gundam_Sage »»
Feb 5, 2019 9:00 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.