Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 2, 2013 4:48 AM

Jul 2013
Hey guys.
I know alot of you are underage and I also know that this isn't the most interesting topic, but the other day a friend and I were having a chat regarding drinking. I told him that I would often pull out a case or a 6 pack of beers and have a few drinks by myself, whereas he only ever drinks if he's going out or doing something socially. I was just curious as to people's own experiences, whether they drink just because they can, for strictly social occasions or whether they don't drink at all. Obviously useless thread is useless, but after having a few drinks myself, I'm curious as to others' opinions.
Do you drink alcohol and if so why?
Hi.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Aug 2, 2013 4:54 AM

Jun 2013
Well...alcohol just don't interest me for some reason although my friends usually do drink it when we go out.I just stick do carbonated drinks when I go out.But you can really drink few beers alone :D ?Even my dad can't do that XD
Aug 2, 2013 4:57 AM

Dec 2012
No, because it's stupid and it's doesn't bring me any kind of benefit only the reverse (harm).
Aug 2, 2013 4:57 AM

Aug 2012
Alcohol is a very coward way of escaping from your problems, and will DEFINITELY kill you. You think you won't die by alcohol, but it speeds up your death at amazing ways, more than half people that drink alcohol die due to problems generated by it. Alcohol is one of the best ways of population control government as ever created, as he basically control a bunch of idiots (with all respect) that are drinking poison and loving it.
Aug 2, 2013 5:07 AM

Jul 2013
BladesOfTime said:
Well...alcohol just don't interest me for some reason although my friends usually do drink it when we go out.I just stick do carbonated drinks when I go out.But you can really drink few beers alone :D ?Even my dad can't do that XD

Haha definitely, it's not something I do on a very regular basis, but I will gladly have a few drinks while watching a few episodes of anime or something like that. I guess our Dads differ greatly haha.

lupadim said:
Alcohol is a very coward way of escaping from your problems, and will DEFINITELY kill you. You think you won't die by alcohol, but it speeds up your death at amazing ways, more than half people that drink alcohol die due to problems generated by it. Alcohol is one of the best ways of population control government as ever created, as he basically control a bunch of idiots (with all respect) that are drinking poison and loving it.

I don't drink to escape problems, in fact, I don't have any problems full stop. I only drink because I find it relaxing to kick back and have a beer or 2. Yes, alcohol obviously causes harm and can cause significant damage to the human body, however, I personally see drinking in moderation often is alot safer as opposed to hardly every drinking and then 1 night out of a fortnight, drinking as much as you can. Personally, drinking alcohol should be seen as an enjoyable thing, not something to be addicted to.
Hi.
Aug 2, 2013 5:16 AM

Mar 2011
I only drink to get drunk. It's expensive and not that tasty to drink outside its designated role.
Aug 2, 2013 5:17 AM

Jun 2013
I'm also interested how do you find beers "tasty" if I can say it like that.I can drink it(I'm not a kid) but I don't find it "tasty",nor do I find vine or wisky tasty.I think that only drink that has alcohol in it and that I like drinking is Somersby.
Aug 2, 2013 5:17 AM

Jul 2013
Whaaaaat? How expensive is a bottle of spirits for you? I could buy a $40 bottle of Rum/Bourbon and be sweet for atleast 2 nights of pre drinking.

Maybe drinking is something dependent on the country you live and what not.

BladesOfTime said:
I'm also interested how do you find beers "tasty" if I can say it like that.I can drink it(I'm not a kid) but I don't find it "tasty",nor do I find vine or wisky tasty.I think that only drink that has alcohol in it and that I like drinking is Somersby.

I've been drinking since I was 16 but it hasn't been until fairly recently that I've found beer to be refreshing/enjoyable. I know exactly where you are coming from, I only ever used to drink to get drunk and for social activities but as you get older your palette will begin to change and you'll eventually enjoy beer, spirits and other forms of alcohol.
Hi.
Aug 2, 2013 5:21 AM
Oct 2008
Having one or two beers while relaxing alone isn't a big deal. It is only if you need those beers or it becomes a regular habit that you have difficulty breaking that it is an issue. Personally I don't drink because I am a Cadbury and alcohol makes me feel tired and think about depressing stuff. However, if I am sober, I can have a really good time.
Aug 2, 2013 5:22 AM

Apr 2010
I drink to write and think better.

Although sometimes I drink for social reasons
Aug 2, 2013 5:25 AM

Jul 2013
Cottonrabbit said:
Having one or two beers while relaxing alone isn't a big deal. It is only if you need those beers or it becomes a regular habit that you have difficulty breaking that it is an issue. Personally I don't drink because I am a Cadbury and alcohol makes me feel tired and think about depressing stuff. However, if I am sober, I can have a really good time.

Exactttttly, I definitely don't see myself becoming an alcoholic any time soon. However, I am a very happy drunk who can get along with almost anyone after having a few drinks as opposed to becoming depressed and thinking about things which bring on negative emotions.
Hi.
Aug 2, 2013 5:27 AM

Sep 2011
tsudecimo said:
No, because it's stupid and it doesn't bring me any kind of benefit only the reverse (harm).

It's only stupid if you can't handle it.
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
Aug 2, 2013 5:32 AM

Jun 2013
StacyWhite said:
It's only stupid if you can't handle it.
Aug 2, 2013 5:35 AM

Feb 2012
At social events, I usually drink so it would be more bearable. I can't enjoy the alcohol so well, aside from some exceptions.
At home, I usually just have a glass of wine for the taste.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
Aug 2, 2013 5:40 AM

Jul 2013
KingLear said:
At social events, I usually drink so it would be more bearable. I can't enjoy the alcohol so well, aside from some exceptions.

I honestly can't enjoy wine. I've only had a glass of red once or twice in my life time and white wine is usually only used as a cheap last resort where I used to live. (See. Gold Coast, Australia. 'Goon Sack') Haha.
Hi.
Aug 2, 2013 5:42 AM

Jun 2013
ZooCrew said:
KingLear said:

I honestly can't enjoy wine. I've only had a glass of red once or twice in my life time and white wine is usually only used as a cheap last resort where I used to live. (See. Gold Coast, Australia. 'Goon Sack') Haha.

Oh god goon is nasty. I'll never drink that .________.
Aug 2, 2013 5:57 AM

Jul 2013
Auxoran said:
ZooCrew said:
Whaaaaat? How expensive is a bottle of spirits for you? I could buy a $40 bottle of Rum/Bourbon and be sweet for atleast 2 nights of pre drinking.

BladesOfTime said:

I've been drinking since I was 16 but it hasn't been until fairly recently that I've found beer to be refreshing/enjoyable. I know exactly where you are coming from, I only ever used to drink to get drunk and for social activities but as you get older your palette will begin to change and you'll eventually enjoy beer, spirits and other forms of alcohol.

40$ is still too expensive to get drunk and act like a douche.I can buy a giant cake for that price for example.

-ketchup- said:

Try LSD for that

For someone that takes a fair amount of alcohol to become inebriated, spending $20 for pre drinks is very cheap haha. Consider a bottle of spirits to be about 22 standard drinks, having half the bottle, 11 drinks is good enough for a night out with a couple every hour or so to keep you going. Also, acting like a douche is all down to the individual.

PITNB said:
ZooCrew said:
KingLear said:

Yepyepyep. 1st and second last time I've ever thrown up from drinking was due to goon. I thought, "Hey, $14 between me and a friend for 2L of wine each? How can I lose"? I lost. I lost hard.
Hi.
Aug 2, 2013 6:00 AM
May 2012
lupadim said:
Alcohol is a very coward way of escaping from your problems, and will DEFINITELY kill you.

Do you think you will live forever if you don't drink or smoke?

And as for OP, I don't like beer. I only really drink Vodka. One of the few alcoholic drinks I've had that I liked. I only drink alone here at my desk. But I never get drunk.
"There is no more effective method of concealment than the broadest publicity."
"naw just be like "in facist america burger is you comrade""
"if maps are hard, suicide is impossible"
Aug 2, 2013 6:05 AM

Jun 2013
ZooCrew said:
Auxoran said:
ZooCrew said:

BladesOfTime said:

40$ is still too expensive to get drunk and act like a douche.I can buy a giant cake for that price for example.

-ketchup- said:

Try LSD for that

For someone that takes a fair amount of alcohol to become inebriated, spending $20 for pre drinks is very cheap haha. Consider a bottle of spirits to be about 22 standard drinks, having half the bottle, 11 drinks is good enough for a night out with a couple every hour or so to keep you going. Also, acting like a douche is all down to the individual.

PITNB said:
ZooCrew said:
KingLear said:

Yepyepyep. 1st and second last time I've ever thrown up from drinking was due to goon. I thought, "Hey, $14 between me and a friend for 2L of wine each? How can I lose"? I lost. I lost hard.

Honestly just the smell of goon and cruisers is enough to put me off drinking it. Personally I stick to spirits or ciders though, I had a really bad bourbon and coke once and it scarred me </3
Aug 2, 2013 6:08 AM

Jul 2013
Captain-Hawkeye said:
lupadim said:
Alcohol is a very coward way of escaping from your problems, and will DEFINITELY kill you.

Do you think you will live forever if you don't drink or smoke?

And as for OP, I don't like beer. I only really drink Vodka. One of the few alcoholic drinks I've had that I liked. I only drink alone here at my desk. But I never get drunk.

Yeah man, I was just curious as to people's opinions haha.
I was drinking earlier with my Uncle as I am leaving for my army training on Monday, but him and the others went to bed well over an hour ago and I'm still drinking Bourbon and Coke at the moment haha. If I had the cash too, I would much prefer to have a glass of spirits as opposed to a couple of beers.

PITNB said:
ZooCrew said:
Auxoran said:
ZooCrew said:

BladesOfTime said:

-ketchup- said:

Try LSD for that

PITNB said:
ZooCrew said:
KingLear said:

Honestly just the smell of goon and cruisers is enough to put me off drinking it. Personally I stick to spirits or ciders though, I had a really bad bourbon and coke once and it scarred me </3

I just had a look and saw that your a girl. I find it crazy that your not a fan of the typical 'girly drinks' haha. I can honestly say I've never met a girl who would say that the smell of goon an cruisers would turn them off drinking. (;
Hi.
Aug 2, 2013 6:14 AM

Jun 2013

Really? hahaha I don't know I used to like them when I was 12? But now I really can't stand the stuff, it was most likely my parent's influence though. They hate drinks like that.
PITNBAug 2, 2013 6:19 AM
Aug 2, 2013 6:20 AM

Jul 2013
PITNB said:

Really? hahaha I don't know I used to like then when I was 12? But now I really can't stand the stuff, it was most likely my parent's influence though. They hate drinks like that.

Haha, first time I legit had alcohol was when I was 13 and my friends sister bought her a 4 pack of cruisers for New Years Eve. Had my first Pineapple Vodka Cruiser that night, such a thug right? Haha. What was this 'Bad Bourbon and Coke' you were talking about?
Hi.
Aug 2, 2013 6:22 AM

Jul 2013
ZooCrew said:

Do you drink alcohol and if so why?

Nope. I did try one's how it feel's to be go completely drunk and i guess it was interesting experience but i never drank any after that.

My body is my temple and so forth.
Aug 2, 2013 6:22 AM

Jun 2013
ZooCrew said:
PITNB said:

Really? hahaha I don't know I used to like then when I was 12? But now I really can't stand the stuff, it was most likely my parent's influence though. They hate drinks like that.

Haha, first time I legit had alcohol was when I was 13 and my friends sister bought her a 4 pack of cruisers for New Years Eve. Had my first Pineapple Vodka Cruiser that night, such a thug right? Haha. What was this 'Bad Bourbon and Coke' you were talking about?

My friend bought me one at a bar once because I didn't know what I wanted.........it was probably the worst thing I've had. Nasty. It might have been a really cheap bourbon though LOL
Aug 2, 2013 6:25 AM

Apr 2013
None of my friends can hold whiskey like I can. I hate typical beer though. Tequila isn't bad either, I don't do the whole lime + salt thing it's better straight up.

But I do have a motto for drinking.

Beer before whiskey, always risky. Whiskey before beer, never fear.
I love naruto~kun he's my husbando~~~~
Aug 2, 2013 6:25 AM

Oct 2012
i have never drank alcohol before because i am underage
RRRRRRRRRR
Aug 2, 2013 6:30 AM

Jan 2013
Quite a laugh early on in this thread.

tsudecimo said:
No, because it's stupid and it's doesn't bring me any kind of benefit only the reverse (harm).

lupadim said:

Ahhahahahaha

Population control? Seriously Lupadim?

Anyway, I enjoy drinking. A glass of red wine, a beer or a decent single malt after work is glorious. In the main, I drink to relax a little but also;

-ketchup- said:

to get the creative juices flowing.
Meis_CornAug 2, 2013 6:35 AM
Sometimes the smallest softest voice carries the grand biggest solutions
Aug 2, 2013 6:31 AM

Jul 2013
Feels said:
None of my friends can hold whiskey like I can. I hate typical beer though. Tequila isn't bad either, I don't do the whole lime + salt thing it's better straight up.

But I do have a motto for drinking.

Beer before whiskey, always risky. Whiskey before beer, never fear.

Tequila is my enemy, that shit and cheap white wine is the cause for a shitty night. Who would have thought drinking water to sober up after having Tequila would have the opposite effect. Seriously. Drink Tequila and have half a litre or water and you will feel worse than you did before hand.

PITNB said:
ZooCrew said:
PITNB said:

My friend bought me one at a bar once because I didn't know what I wanted.........it was probably the worst thing I've had. Nasty. It might have been a really cheap bourbon though LOL

Haha, either that or the bartender though 'Hey, who's this cutie? I'm gonna double shot her drink so she think's I'm a nice guy'. Whenever I've been out and the bartender has put double the amount of alcohol into a drink, the friend who got the drink hypes up so much. DUUUUDE, taste this"! Proceeds to taste it... "She double shotted my drink dude, fuck yesssssss, she want's my D"! Or something along those lines. In my personal experiences, that's been the usual reason for a Bourbon and Coke tasting like shit.
Hi.
Aug 2, 2013 6:35 AM

Jun 2013
lupadim said:

......Because drinking is the only thing that kills you right?

.....And I'm pretty sure most people don't get drunk on a regular basis so I don't even see how it's a real problem. It only becomes an issue if you depend on it, or you become dangerous while you're drunk.

Hahaha good to know....maybe I'll try one again next time and hope for the best (Y)
Aug 2, 2013 6:38 AM

Jul 2013
PITNB said:
lupadim said:

.....And I'm pretty sure most people don't get drunk on a regular basis so I don't even see how it's a real problem. It only becomes an issue if you depend on it, or you become dangerous while you're drunk.

Having another look at this, I can't help but laugh. I'm sorry but '...more than half the people that drink alcohol die due to problems generated by it". I think its safe to assume that a vast majority of the world indulges in Alcohol in some sort of way and to assume that more than half of them succumb to alcohol related deaths is absurd haha.
Hi.
Aug 2, 2013 6:39 AM

Jan 2013
PITNB said:

This is exactly right. No-one lives forever.
Sometimes the smallest softest voice carries the grand biggest solutions
Aug 2, 2013 6:42 AM

Aug 2012
ZooCrew said:
PITNB said:
lupadim said:

Having another look at this, I can't help but laugh. I'm sorry but '...more than half the people that drink alcohol die due to problems generated by it". I think its safe to assume that a vast majority of the world indulges in Alcohol in some sort of way and to assume that more than half of them succumb to alcohol related deaths is absurd haha.

Drunk guys laughing at the face of people that don't drink.... I feel so sorry for you two. Go at a stinky bar drink till you two cant get up, as this is what you two love doing at your life more than anything.
Aug 2, 2013 6:44 AM

Apr 2013
lupadim said:

Drunk guys laughing at the face of people that don't drink.... I feel so sorry for you two.

You're trying too hard.
I love naruto~kun he's my husbando~~~~
Aug 2, 2013 6:47 AM

Jul 2013
Feels said:
lupadim said:

Drunk guys laughing at the face of people that don't drink.... I feel so sorry for you two.

You're trying too hard.

Fuck, your the man Feels.

Lupa, I'm sorry, but I don't find it necessary to laugh in the faces of those that don't drink. But perhaps it's appropriate to laugh at those who believe they are of superiority by not indulging in the act of drinking, ie. Yourself.
Getting technical in this bitch. I can feel the alcohol, expanding my vocabulary haha.
Hi.
Aug 2, 2013 6:47 AM

Jun 2013
lupadim said:
ZooCrew said:
PITNB said:
lupadim said:

Drunk guys laughing at the face of people that don't drink.... I feel so sorry for you two. Go at a stinky bar drink till you two cant get up, as this is what you two love doing at your life more than anything.

Um, I'm actually a social drinker. I don't drink often....I have better things to spend my money on and more productive things to be doing than getting drunk on a regular basis thank you very much .____________________."

.....And when was I looking down on people who don't drink, I was just pointing out how bad your arguments against drinking were......?
Aug 2, 2013 6:49 AM

Mar 2012
Only ever socially.

I don't really think most alcohol is worth drinking outside of that reason.
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
Aug 2, 2013 6:49 AM

Apr 2011
Like most things that are intoxicating, it is good in small doses. However, some people can't refrain from getting intoxicated on a constant basis. Those people should do their best to steer clear of drugs and alcohol. Easier said then done though. Believe me though, booze is just as bad as heroin if you're drinking everyday.
Aug 2, 2013 6:50 AM

Mar 2012
Typical Uni Student Nightout here in Swansea I usually start of with a 2ltr bottle of White Cider(usually White Lightning) as a pre-drink and drink it in under 30 mins, then when at bar or club it depends on what I feel like, either continue with cider with Strongbow or Magners depending on if I'm going cheap or not. Or I just go for double vodka and coke, or if I'm feeling tired double vodka and redbull, where I usually drink at least 3 of either of these.
Scary thing is compared to most people around here that's nothing.
Aug 2, 2013 6:56 AM

Dec 2011
lupadim said:

*Waits for lupadim to break his neck falling off the high-horse*

How's the view from up there buddy?
Ooo, what a lovely tea party.
Aug 2, 2013 6:59 AM

Jul 2013
Nicole said:
Only ever socially.

I don't really think most alcohol is worth drinking outside of that reason.

Well, seeing as your a female, I can definitely understand your point of view. As a guy who grew up in Australia, drinking beer with or without company is definitely a common occurrence for me personally.

TinkleTinkle-Hoy said:
Like most things that are intoxicating, it is good in small doses. However, some people can't refrain from getting intoxicated on a constant basis. Those people should do their best to steer clear of drugs and alcohol. Easier said then done though. Believe me though, booze is just as bad as heroin if you're drinking everyday.

I completely agree, however it's all dependent on the person itself. Whether it's alcohol, weed, cocaine or any other sort of illicit substance, it all comes down to self control.
Hi.
Aug 2, 2013 7:01 AM

Mar 2012
lupadim said:

Your argument (and reply to them) are kinda silly.

Like less than 1% of people who actually drink alcohol are actually alcoholic, and while binge drinking is actually a problem (something I come across pretty much every weekend) the problem is by no way as serious as your trying to make out.

Shows a pretty large amount of ignorance really.
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
Aug 2, 2013 7:07 AM
Jul 2013
My fridge is stacked with Colt 45. When clubbing and karaoke night, I always order blue kamikaze. Shit is tasty.
Aug 2, 2013 7:12 AM

Jul 2013
Nicole said:
lupadim said:

Your argument (and reply to them) are kinda silly.

Like less than 1% of people who actually drink alcohol are actually alcoholic, and while binge drinking is actually a problem (something I come across pretty much every weekend) the problem is by no way as serious as your trying to make out.

Shows a pretty large amount of ignorance really.

I could scroll through my facebook newsfeed and find someone who's a binge drinker in under 2 minutes haha. Fall back Lupadim.

XVIII said:
My fridge is stacked with Colt 45. When clubbing and karaoke night, I always order blue kamikaze. Shit is tasty.

I'm sorry, but what the shit is Colt 45 and blue Kamikaze. You have me fucking intrigued haha.
ZooCrewAug 2, 2013 7:21 AM
Hi.
Aug 2, 2013 7:17 AM

Nov 2012
Oh man Lupadim is becoming more entertaining by the minute.

OnT:

First experience with alcohol was when I accidentally drank beer during a field trip instead of Coke(totally acceptable for teachers to be drinking during field trips *cough*.

I also drank a shot of Vodka when I was 14, my brother noticed the bottle was slightly more empty and pretty much got caught by him(at least he didn't tell our parents, lol), I liked the taste but never touched vodka again.

Not going to drink until I'm 18.
"Live as if you were to die tomorrow, learn as if you were to live forever."
"Anon is legitimately retarded so you shouldn't be too proud of yourself." -Enema
Aug 2, 2013 7:25 AM
Jul 2013
ZooCrew said:
I'm sorry, but what the shit is Colt 45 and blue Kamikaze. You have me fucking intrigued haha.
No wonder you don't know what Colt 45 is, you live in bumfuck NZ. It's the best beer in the world.

Blue kamikaze is vodka and other things. Tastes bubblegumish. One pitcher can black you out without warning bcus it's fucking delish.
Aug 2, 2013 7:30 AM

Jul 2013
XVIII said:
ZooCrew said:
No wonder you don't know what Colt 45 is, you live in bumfuck NZ. It's the best beer in the world.

Blue kamikaze is vodka and other things. Tastes bubblegumish. One pitcher can black you out without warning bcus it's fucking delish.

Well, I'n my defence, I lived in Gold Coast Australia, for the majority of my life so far. I'm only living in New Zealand at the moment because I'm joining the army here. I haven't heard of Colt 45 and shit before, but would it be safe to assume you haven't had Smirnoff Double Blacks?
Hi.
Aug 2, 2013 7:36 AM

Mar 2011
I'm still waiting for the day where I will actually like the taste of alcohol. It hasn't happened yet.
Aug 2, 2013 7:37 AM
Jul 2013
ZooCrew said:
XVIII said:
ZooCrew said:

Well, I'n my defence, I lived in Gold Coast Australia, for the majority of my life so far. I'm only living in New Zealand at the moment because I'm joining the army here. I haven't heard of Colt 45 and shit before, but would it be safe to assume you haven't had Smirnoff Double Blacks?
Nope. For vodka, we have Grey Goose here.
Aug 2, 2013 7:39 AM

Jul 2013
Haha,
XVIII said:
ZooCrew said:
XVIII said:
ZooCrew said:

Nope. For vodka, we have Grey Goose here.

Grey Goose huh? Well it's obviously clear that we have no idea what each other drink haha.

InfiniteRufus said:
I'm still waiting for the day where I will actually like the taste of alcohol. It hasn't happened yet.

It'll come haha, just a matter of time. (;
Hi.
Aug 2, 2013 7:40 AM

Mar 2012
InfiniteRufus said:

This is part of what I was getting at, most alcohol is either tasteless or horrible.
"If you love someone
Follow your heart
Cause love comes once
If you’re lucky enough"
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Are you a deep sleeper

ST63LTH - Today

23 by DesuMaiden »»
36 minutes ago

» (Nearly) Dying in your dreams

TheAngryNerd - Oct 18, 2022

32 by DesuMaiden »»
38 minutes ago

» Do you collect trading cards?

Malkshake - 4 hours ago

14 by DesuMaiden »»
40 minutes ago

» Do you ever miss old/former online friends?

pludel2 - Apr 10

42 by Sad »»
1 hour ago

» Does knowing how MAL user looks like change how you see/treat them?

barababas - Apr 28

48 by Dumb »»
3 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.