Forum Settings
Forums

Visual Novel 'Fate/stay Night' to get New Anime Adaptation

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (19) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »
Jul 12, 2013 7:25 PM

Dec 2012
Heaven's Feel finally!!
Jul 12, 2013 7:31 PM

Jun 2009
Shocked said:
Fai said:

I don't think anyone is arguing against you that a full revamp and adaptation of Fate/Stay Night would be bad or unwanted. I'm assuming that anyone who's excited for Heaven's Feel would want -at least- Heaven's Feel to be animated, and a revamp of the first two routes would just be extra awesome. It's not "let's have an animated HF for only us HF fans and have everyone else piss off," it's "let's have an animated HF at least, and grab anything else that we can get our hands on."

Best case scenario, we get the whole thing. Worst case scenario, at least have an animated HF. Something like that.

Yeah, this pretty much how I see it. Of course I'd rather have it all, but I'll take what I can get.

About Rin, I've noticed some comments about how HF focuses on Sakura and not on the two more popular characters Rin and Saber. The thing is that Rin, at least, gets a lot of focus in Heaven's Feel and her characterization there is actually a large part of why she's my favorite Fate/ character.

"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 12, 2013 7:33 PM

Jan 2013
insan3soldiern said:
Shocked said:
Fai said:

I don't think anyone is arguing against you that a full revamp and adaptation of Fate/Stay Night would be bad or unwanted. I'm assuming that anyone who's excited for Heaven's Feel would want -at least- Heaven's Feel to be animated, and a revamp of the first two routes would just be extra awesome. It's not "let's have an animated HF for only us HF fans and have everyone else piss off," it's "let's have an animated HF at least, and grab anything else that we can get our hands on."

Best case scenario, we get the whole thing. Worst case scenario, at least have an animated HF. Something like that.

Yeah, this pretty much how I see it. Of course I'd rather have it all, but I'll take what I can get.

About Rin, I've noticed some comments about how HF focuses on Sakura and not on the two more popular characters Rin and Saber. The thing is that Rin, at least, gets a lot of focus in Heaven's Feel and her characterization there is actually a large part of why she's my favorite Fate/ character.

Saber role was different, but still big.

Jul 12, 2013 7:39 PM

Dec 2012
I've only watched Fate/Stay Night and haven't watched Fate/Zero...If I watch this new one before watching Fate/Zero, will I understand it or should I watch Fate/Zero first?
Jul 12, 2013 7:46 PM

Jun 2013
i can die peacefully now....
Jul 12, 2013 7:49 PM

Mar 2012
Tennouji_ said:
and the remake of Tsukihime anime.
How you remake what doesn't exist?
Jul 12, 2013 7:51 PM

Dec 2012
krisalice85 said:
I've only watched Fate/Stay Night and haven't watched Fate/Zero...If I watch this new one before watching Fate/Zero, will I understand it or should I watch Fate/Zero first?

Fate/zero is the prequel of FSN so you don't need to watch Fate/Zero to understand the new one. However, the art direction will be different since this new project will be done by Ufotable, which did Fate/Zero, instead of Studio Deen. So I guess there is value from watching Fate/Zero for FSN fans, besides that it is a great anime.
Jul 12, 2013 7:57 PM

Apr 2011
Please be Heaven's Feel
Please be Heaven's Feel
Please be Heaven's Feel
Please be Heaven's Feel
Please be Heaven's Feel
Please be Heaven's Feel
Please be Heaven's Feel
Please be Heaven's Feel
Please be Heaven's Feel
Please be Heaven's Feel
Please be Heaven's Feel
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Jul 12, 2013 7:57 PM

Sep 2011
SaberRitsu said:
Tennouji_ said:

Oh my bad. I regret using the word "remake".

Jul 12, 2013 7:59 PM

Apr 2011
Tennouji_ said:
SaberRitsu said:
Tennouji_ said:

lol. Tsukihime needs some justice done for the VN.
"I left everything I own in One Piece" ~ Gol D. Roger
Jul 12, 2013 8:00 PM

Jun 2009
Meruru_Arls said:
Tennouji_ said:
SaberRitsu said:
Tennouji_ said:

lol. Tsukihime needs some justice done for the VN.

I don't think a Tsukihime remake (yes, I fucking said it) will happen until the visual novel is remade.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 12, 2013 8:44 PM

May 2013
are they going to animate the ture end in realtaa nua patch where saber and emiya meets in avalon?

i would die to see that
Jul 12, 2013 8:46 PM

Apr 2012
Jul 12, 2013 8:49 PM

Mar 2013
Shih said:
Heaven's Feel now?!

same here.
Jul 12, 2013 8:59 PM

Jan 2010
Holy shit! Yes! I really hope it's Heaven's Feel because it's my favorite route, but I wouldn't be mad if they decided to remake Fate or UBW.

If they do adapt HF though...I just hope they somehow condense those kitchen scenes so they can take less time. I mean for the love of god there are just SO MANY of them. Only real problem I had with the route was the pacing of the latter days where they do practically nothing before the climax, so I hope ufotable does something about that.

I'm actually cheering for them to improve upon the original source rather than do a straight up adaptation. I wouldn't complain if they somehow extended Gil's role in the story and implemented Sparks Liner High into the fight against
Jul 12, 2013 9:02 PM

Apr 2013
Well dat escalated quickly
Jul 12, 2013 9:10 PM

Sep 2012
A good choice by them. Fans have been demanding it so might as well make it now instead of using it as back up cash in the future.
Jul 12, 2013 9:11 PM

Oct 2012
012yArthur0 said:
insan3soldiern said:
Shocked said:
Fai said:

Saber role was different, but still big.

Also, Rin does have a huge part in HF. Especially her edgey relationship with Sakura.

But yeah Saber..
bobynJul 12, 2013 9:16 PM
Jul 12, 2013 9:19 PM

Aug 2011
Dreams DO come true!
Jul 12, 2013 9:35 PM

Nov 2012
Jul 12, 2013 9:39 PM
Oct 2012
Will watch. Never got around to watch the 1st one.
Jul 12, 2013 10:16 PM
Dec 2012
Another Fate animation :O

Can't wait :D
Jul 12, 2013 10:16 PM
May 2012
Does this means that again shirou will be the main character again.I would like that.Loved fate stay night more than fate zero.
Jul 12, 2013 10:20 PM

Mar 2012
Woooooo!
Jul 12, 2013 10:21 PM

Jun 2009
ijen said:
Does this means that again shirou will be the main character again.I would like that.Loved fate stay night more than fate zero.

Yeah, Shirou is the protagonist of all of Fate/stay night.

Hopefully Ufotable can handle his characterization in a better way, one of the things Deen kind of failed at was giving context to his actions.

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 12, 2013 10:30 PM

May 2010
FSN + ufotable sounds amazing, but don't let it be a movie, please.
A 30+ episode Heaven's Feel Adaption and I can die a happy death.
Jul 12, 2013 10:34 PM

Dec 2012
*prays for a HF adaption*!!

Honestly though, I'm just excited for another Fate x ufotable collaboration...I don't cate if it's a remake or not...but, hey, making a Heaven's Feel adaption wouldn't be so bad at all... ;P

☆★☆
Jul 12, 2013 11:19 PM

Apr 2011
Saber <3
Jul 12, 2013 11:33 PM

May 2013
yeah finally
have been waiting for f/sn remake
Jul 12, 2013 11:35 PM

May 2011
Really looking forward to this, especially if Heavens Feel!
Jul 12, 2013 11:55 PM

Jan 2008
No thanks. Why not Fate/Prototype?!! WHY NOT SOMETHING NEW
Jul 13, 2013 12:22 AM

Jul 2013
Fate/Prototype or Fate/Hollow Ataraxia would be nice after the adaptation for Heaven's Feel.
Jul 13, 2013 1:04 AM

Mar 2011
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YESSSSSS! Wow I never actually thought I would see the day when this would happen, and with ufotable manning the helm I have high hopes that this is going to be fantastic.
Harems don't exist in America. If one guy is constantly surrounded by beautiful girls, then he's probably the gay friend.
Jul 13, 2013 1:44 AM

Oct 2007
Beaver897 said:
Progeusz said:
I developed a habit of using Fateverse to avoid confusion, many Tsukihime fans like butting in to discussions which are clearly about Fate. Can't really blame them, Fate is definitely more popular and gets much more talk, it's only natural to remind people of other part of Nasuverse, especially since it's older one.
But yeah, no reason to not use Nasuverse here.

Can Shiki kill Servants?
Exactly.

Isn't it sad Sacchin?
ProgeuszJul 13, 2013 1:49 AM
Jul 13, 2013 2:29 AM
Feb 2012
Any idea when we'll hear more news about this?
Jul 13, 2013 2:30 AM
Aug 2012
More saber is always a good news, at lesst i hope she appears
Jul 13, 2013 2:35 AM

Feb 2012
Pretty cool, wil watch for sure.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
Jul 13, 2013 2:50 AM

Jul 2007
So the dude who claimed its "heavens feel" on twitter took back his/her words and is saying that its not clear.

CurrentUsername said:
Any idea when we'll hear more news about this?

PV on 13th, so within next 24 hours,
Jul 13, 2013 3:14 AM
Feb 2012
At this point, I'm hoping they're making something completely new, new "route".
Jul 13, 2013 3:24 AM
Sep 2012
Great. Leave it to ufotable to do a masterpiece adaption. Fuck DEEN.
Jul 13, 2013 3:27 AM

Aug 2011
i hope this wont be a crappy version like the first one
Jul 13, 2013 3:42 AM

Oct 2007
CurrentUsername said:
At this point, I'm hoping they're making something completely new, new "route".
It wouldn't be adaptation then...

I'd love to see Ilya route but it's unrealistic.
Jul 13, 2013 3:56 AM

May 2009
I'm curious. Did Studio Deen write the story of FSN? Were they responsible for the development of of the FSN characters? Were they instrumental in making the plot changes and truncations?

Or did they just make the animation?

So much Studio Deen hate is justified IF they wrote the story. Otherwise, it's lame to blame them for how FSN turned out (barring the 'quality' animation).
TsukikageRanJul 13, 2013 4:01 AM
Jul 13, 2013 3:59 AM

Apr 2011
Do not want.
Jul 13, 2013 4:06 AM

Oct 2007
TsukikageRan said:
I'm curious. Did Studio Deen write the story of FSN? Were they responsible for the development of of the FSN characters? Were they instrumental in making the plot changes and truncations?

So much Studio Deen hate is justified IF they wrote the story. Otherwise, it's lame to blame them for how FSN turned out (barring the 'quality' animation).
They butchered the story.
Jul 13, 2013 4:09 AM
Apr 2013
They made a crappy anime. That's why.

Ilya route is unlikely, that's if people wants to see a lolicon Shirou *laughs* (though she is technically older or the same age as him.)
Jul 13, 2013 4:13 AM

Jun 2009
TsukikageRan said:

I understand how you feel but it's useless. People give Deen a hard time because they take on things that people really want to see and most studios don't even dare to take up. However the don't have the resources to fulfill the unrealistic expectations of the fanbase. The most complaints I hear about the Deen adaption is about the CG dragon, Shiros wrong characterization and merging the routes. The CG dragon complaint I find hilarious because it suggests that people thought that was more ridiclous that the actual event in the VN. Which can be surmised as "Saber, let me fill you with my mana!" On the whole I peg the anime adaption as decent. Even after reading the visual novel.

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

Jul 13, 2013 4:15 AM

Feb 2011
I will watch, though I am a huge Rin fan and not really one of sakura.
Jul 13, 2013 4:29 AM

Jul 2007
Venneria said:
I will watch, though I am a huge Rin fan and not really one of sakura.

Its okay, the best girl still remains the lead in HF route, even. Sakura, even in her own route is nothing more than a plot device.

TsukikageRan said:

Considering they also butchered Umineko and Higurashi, i'd say its very safe to blame DEEN for it.
Jul 13, 2013 4:35 AM

Jun 2009
Fai said:

Considering they also butchered Umineko and Higurashi, i'd say its very safe to blame DEEN for it.

Higurashi wasn't butchered and Umineko was unadaptable from the get go. Anyone who read Umineko should have known that.

Also why all the hate on Sakura? Hell, shes the only one who's good in bed.
AidanAK47Jul 13, 2013 4:39 AM

"I always take life with a grain of salt, ...plus a slice of lemon, ...and a shot of tequila."

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (19) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Video Game 'Tensui no Sakuna-hime' Gets TV Anime in 2024

DatRandomDude - Mar 9

17 by Synrax »»
10 minutes ago

» 'Kono Sekai wa Fukanzen Sugiru' Reveals Additional Cast, Theme Songs

Nioxys - Yesterday

1 by Sleabedybarb »»
54 minutes ago

» 'Senpai wa Otokonoko' Announces Additional Staff, Theme Songs

DatRandomDude - 2 hours ago

0 by DatRandomDude »»
2 hours ago

» 'Mononoke: Karakasa' Reveals Supporting Cast, Theme Song, Trailer

DatRandomDude - May 1

8 by DARM11 »»
4 hours ago

» 'Kaijuu 8-gou' Unveils Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

2 by deg »»
5 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.