Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 11, 2013 11:15 AM

Sep 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
That shrine!
So nostalgic~
These moments!
and this ending!

I don't know what's going on,
but looks like I have to prepare for arc with KikuchixFutaba...
Possible they will start dating!
No! I wanted Kou was her first and last boyfriend!

Can't wait to read scanslations!
Jul 12, 2013 2:18 PM

Mar 2012
oh Futaba will go out with Touma just because she's angry with Kou, even I understand her anger, Kikuchi doesn't deserve that at all.
~
talking about the chap, the waiting was worth it. and that hug, oh, that hug...
(I really felt all the emotion he put on it im kinda strange you know)
glamazonJul 12, 2013 3:52 PM
Jul 12, 2013 2:37 PM

Sep 2008
I expect Sakisaka-san will make Futaba start dating with Touma,
but I really dislike how Sakisaka-san messed with Futaba confession.

When Yuuri's confess was simple,
she know he like Futaba,
she know she don't have a chance,
but she was proper rejected,

Futaba asked for rejection,
so why she is angry about this?
Don't she asked for it? -.-

Also I don't like how Futaba: " I shold start considering about liking Touma." -.-
Yeah, Kou don't like you, so you should start like Touma, because he likes you.
Jul 13, 2013 6:46 AM
Nov 2010
Aaaaaagh... I always end up with a pain in my heart after reading ao haru ride...
it is always bitter sweet...that hug and rejection and misunderstanding ...
it cannot be helped... though I have little hope that sakisaka sensei wont go in the cliche direction,
I still fear the possibility of Futaba and touma's developing relationship...
I do not want Touma to end up being hurt, nor do I like to see Futaba misusing him
ugh... Kou is an idiot for realizing things late... Futaba is only right in thinking he is doing what he is doing coz he does not want to lose someone who is in love with him...
yet it is still unjust of her to give Touma wrong hopes...
I wonder what Kou will do... if things ended with Narumi, she will be hurt and Kou will seem bad
I do not like Narumi, but let us face it, Kou is also at wrong for giving her too much hope and attention, which only had the effect of making her weaker, and more dependent and relying on him...Narumi being an idiot made up a lie and believed it, she believed Kou will come to love her, and the pity he had for her will turn into love... kids these days xD
in some light, Futaba is kinda going through the same experience as Kou now with regard to relationship...
Touma wants to be loved by her, he wants her attention as well, and Narumi wanted Kou and his attention (Touma is more innocent than Narumi and much sweeter)
Kou is hurt and weak upon remembering his own pain, he does not want Narumi to go through the same, so he helps her by being by her side...no romantic feelings involved, but a stupid hug that happened to take place in front of Futaba...
on the other hand we have Futaba, suffering from a broken heart, trying to get away with the pain , runs to the closest comfort, Touma, who loves her and could secure her an ideal relationship, and Futaba has it in her mind that rejecting him will be a bit hard especially after she experienced being rejected herself....
Futaba is repeating or likely to repeat Kou's mistake by giving hope or staying by someone's side, Someone who holds romantic feelings towards them, which they cannot return ...
honestly we had enough of this mistake, and could only hope that we do not see more of it...
Now that they both are, somewhat, in the same situation, I cannot help but hope that they understand that there is something in their good nature preventing them from realizing their true feeling and doing what is right... both find it too hard to hurt other people's heart, but very easy to hurt each others... hopefully both will come to understand why each acted in this way...
ugh I am so sleepy and I do not know what I am saying anymore....but just one more thing, I missTouma's friends</3 Yuuri better go for dat guy I forgot his name xD
Jul 13, 2013 12:14 PM

Jul 2010
I reaaaally liked this chapter :) I love how strong Futaba is! Definitely not the typical shoujo heroine who cries a river, gets depressed and wants to end her life because the guy she likes doesn't likes her back. It's okay to be sad, but more important is to move on and be happy. Futaba, you go girl!

Now, don't get me wrong, I like her attitude right now, but that doesn't mean that I don't want Futaba and Kou to end up together, because I DO :) <3 They love each other, but people make mistakes by taking the wrong decisions, and Kou simply made a mistake. I'm sure they'll work it out until they get together! <3 :)

The only thing that worries me is Touma :( I don't want him to end up being hurt... I understand Futaba, Kou has hurt her, and she sees good qualities in Touma that comfort her broken heart, but what if Kou had never hurt her? She would never have thought of the possibility of liking Touma back! She sees the possibility of being happy without all the things that Kou has made her pass through. Her heart is heavy... I hope Kou comes to apologize and tell her properly how he feels about her soon, before she makes a mistake by giving false hopes to Touma, or before it's too late and Futaba really decides to go out with Touma and pretend that nothing ever happened with Kou...

and of course he will because this is a happy manga, and in happy mangas Futaba and Kou end up together, grow up, get married, have children and grow old together on their rocking chairs next to each other.

itsnotthatiunderstandherbecauseimintheexactlysamesituationasherwellyesiambutidontunderstandhowtheheckamangastory
canbesosimilartomylifesaywhateventhemompartandthegirlbetweenourrelationshippartifeelyoufutabaifeelyou:(
letfelicityflyJul 13, 2013 1:17 PM

"You don't only belong to yourself, you know? There isn't anything in this world that belongs only to yourself."

Jul 13, 2013 12:17 PM

Sep 2008
I don't really understand one thing, why everyone/Futaba say Kou don't like her.
He tell her, "I can't be with you", no "I don't like you".
Or maybe there is some other translate with her confession?

Oh, I write too much in this topic
Jul 13, 2013 1:19 PM

Jul 2010
Maybe because since Narumi arrived, he doesn't act like he likes her. He told her that the kiss didn't mean anything and hugged Narumi in front of her! Besides, he didn't explain Futaba the reason why he can't be with her :( She's expecting the worse from Kou because of that, I guess...

"You don't only belong to yourself, you know? There isn't anything in this world that belongs only to yourself."

Jul 13, 2013 2:07 PM

Sep 2008
http://www.mangapanda.com/ao-haru-ride/23/35
"Your face makes it tottaly obvious you're lying."
http://www.mangapanda.com/ao-haru-ride/23/36
"I suppose Kou's got a reason to lie now."

Also I don't see reason why he should tell her,
since she asked for rejection.
Anyway... her whole confession is dumb for me. -.-

In most manga characters stop caring about old friend/childhood friend,
when they got new friends.
Kou is diffrent and this is what I like!
I don't like how Narumi use this situation,
but I like that Kou don't leave "old friend', when she got a problem,
and give her support.
This would be cool, if Kou introduced Narumi to group
and they all try to help her, but Narumi is Narumi...
and Sakisaka-san like to make such things, so... get used to her ideas.

Also whole case with Narumi is realistic.
Who could left their friends if something like with Narumi, happen to them?
Jul 13, 2013 10:01 PM

Jul 2010
Yeah, but you know what they say... "Actions speak louder than words", and maybe that's why Futaba wants to forget about Kou, not because she thinks that Kou doesn't like her, but because his behavior and actions are hurting her.

And yeah! I get what you say, Kou's intentions are good! He's not a bad person! He just made the wrong decision, a mistake. The problem here is Narumi, she's the one ruining everything with her selfishness >:(

That's not how you get a guy to like you, girl! (Speaking to Narumi, lol)

But I'm glad Kou will speak to her properly :) and this whole thing will clear up! Maybe not on the next chapter... or maybe yes, haha, we never know with Sakisaka-sensei! <3 But that's why I'm hoping for... and right now, mostly because I don't want to see Touma getting hurt :( asdfsdfs

Jul 14, 2013 11:16 PM
Nov 2010
LittleStar said:
I don't really understand one thing, why everyone/Futaba say Kou don't like her.

it is the state of mind that Futaba is in that keeps her going back and forth...(and maybe even forcing her into believing that Kou does not like her) ... at times she thinks he cares for her, at times she doubts it.... his actions, might I say, lead Futaba to confusion... he kept his distance, he built walls, and he told lies (for freaking Narumi's sake, remember when he first hinted Narumi to Futaba? If he just continued that way, he would go out with Futaba, introduce Narumi in the gang as a FRIEND XD, get over all of this...Narumi would have friends and would not need Kou no more) ... all that Kou did so far created doubts, confusion, hope, and negative thoughts on Futaba's behalf...afterall, if we look at it from her point of view, she does not CLEARLY understand Kou...she does not know why he gives her hope and then tell a lie to cause her to lose that hope... She asked for rejection and the rejection was given without a second thought and with such an annoying straight face and expression... of course she will have her fears and doubts... any girl in love would... not that I have experienced it myself but I observed, read, and heard a lot of it..it is something uncontrollable, that if you like someone, you will tend to over-analyse everything they say and do to you (especially if they have not clearly stated that they share the same feelings)... anyway, Im not sure how much of this the mangaka meant to show in her work xD , but I guess it is just how every girl in love would be... insecure, especially if the other party is behaving in such a manner as Kou's 
Jul 15, 2013 8:46 AM

Nov 2011

Oh boy more drama and just when I thought some rain of fate would bring them back somewhat. I wonder what's going to happen next....
Jul 15, 2013 10:49 AM
Jul 2018
Stark700 said:

Oh boy more drama and just when I thought some rain of fate would bring them back somewhat. I wonder what's going to happen next....

This! I don't want to see a depressed kou. :((((((
Jul 15, 2013 11:25 AM

Sep 2011
I can understand the way she is feeling, with the way Kou was acting to her, of course she is going to think that, cause he did not talk to her even though he loves her. I don't want her to get sidetracked with Touma cause that will hurt him too, and she doesn't love Touma and she knows that.
Jul 15, 2013 11:55 AM

Jun 2008
Stark700 said:

She still keeps thinking about Kou, yet she says this... Sigh... And now she even agrees on meeting Touma (poor guy, again) when Futaba's only angry at Kou (who didn't even care to say a single word near the end) (¬_¬) At the very least... since they met at the same place from the start of the manga, this work shouldn't be too far from it's conclusion...
Jul 15, 2013 12:06 PM

Feb 2013
DANG THAT LOVE SQUARE

Haha that rain just suddenly pouring down XD
Jul 15, 2013 12:16 PM

Aug 2009
Oh goshhh this chapter wasss sooo goodd!

Im gonna die waiting for August 10th, the next chapter Q A Q
Jul 15, 2013 3:00 PM
Site Admin
Aug 2012
inzaratha said:
I can understand the way she is feeling, with the way Kou was acting to her, of course she is going to think that, cause he did not talk to her even though he loves her. I don't want her to get sidetracked with Touma cause that will hurt him too, and she doesn't love Touma and she knows that.

Yeah I agree, she can't force herself out of love, it takes time for her to get over it. And by using Touma isn't going to do any good :(

But great chapter. I like the conversation between Kou and Kominato, it was very realistic, I think, when they talked about Kou's problems, how he feels sick whenever he smells disinfectant, and that he gets really depressed. But in the end, he realizes that he needs to get over it, and needs to clear things up with Narumi. Still, Kou is taking this way too slow, I hope it's not one of those wrong timing problems. At any rate, that hug was so cute :) It was so funny how they (or maybe just Futaba) got so scared she hugged Kou ^^
Jul 16, 2013 12:51 AM

Dec 2011
Thank goodness Kou realized he liked Futaba! I really didn't want that period to drag on any longer. I guess it's better than Strobe Edge then. Seeing Ren date another girl for basically the whole manga hurt.

But oh man oh man oh man I hope he isn't too late! Futaba shouldn't jump to conclusion so I hope she doesn't go out with Touma just to piss off Kou because that's a stupid reason to date someone. But I also believe that Kou needs to convey his feelings properly as well.

Geez they should just talk things out properly so that they can fix this mess!! At least, that's what I want, but a lot of events are probably going to happen before they make up.

This chapter was sweet and frustrating...and I can't wait for the next.
Jul 16, 2013 2:18 AM

Jun 2009
Face_Faith said:
Stark700 said:

She still keeps thinking about Kou, yet she says this... Sigh... And now she even agrees on meeting Touma (poor guy, again) when Futaba's only angry at Kou (who didn't even care to say a single word near the end) (¬_¬)

Well, if i was in her shoes i would've done the same tbh. At this point she doesn't know for sure Kou likes her because he rejected her, so she thinks he's in love with Narumi... I can't blame her for feeling like she has been played with when he starts acting like this. Even if she's madly in love with him he once rejected her and she's hurt and even if she wants him to hold her and be jealous of the guys she talks to she still thinks he doesn't love her. So it doesn't make any sense for a guy who supposedly doesn't love you to be all kind and protective all of a sudden, at least he should've told her properly he loves her even if she's impulsive or if she runs away or whatever, he knows her character and he'd know how to act...

I know he has good intentions but he's not playing his cards well, so she's confused and she ran away and decided to go on a date with Touma.

And i don't even know what to say about the date with Touma, so i'll just try to wait and see what happens ;_;
Jul 17, 2013 7:34 PM

Jun 2010
^ Pretty much this.

Futaba has some emotional burst, so she is going to look at Touma, whom he will be later hurt by her, when he realize that she did it only for Kou. I wonder how the author will set Nanami to act, all clingy to Kou?
Jul 31, 2013 4:10 PM

Apr 2012
f-frick that last scene was so cute.........
ah kou i knew this was gonna happen. you realize how good futaba is for you even though you've already rejected, but you go ahead and flirt with her anyways, hugging her and giving her attention. doing that's gonna make her really confused unless you tell her your feelings!
geez what a guy....
anyways i guess she's gonna go on an outing with kikuchi. i wonder how that'll end up!
next chapter released on august 10th~
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 31, 2013 4:13 PM

Apr 2012
mochizou said:
Face_Faith said:
Stark700 said:

She still keeps thinking about Kou, yet she says this... Sigh... And now she even agrees on meeting Touma (poor guy, again) when Futaba's only angry at Kou (who didn't even care to say a single word near the end) (¬_¬)

Well, if i was in her shoes i would've done the same tbh. At this point she doesn't know for sure Kou likes her because he rejected her, so she thinks he's in love with Narumi... I can't blame her for feeling like she has been played with when he starts acting like this. Even if she's madly in love with him he once rejected her and she's hurt and even if she wants him to hold her and be jealous of the guys she talks to she still thinks he doesn't love her. So it doesn't make any sense for a guy who supposedly doesn't love you to be all kind and protective all of a sudden, at least he should've told her properly he loves her even if she's impulsive or if she runs away or whatever, he knows her character and he'd know how to act...

I know he has good intentions but he's not playing his cards well, so she's confused and she ran away and decided to go on a date with Touma.

And i don't even know what to say about the date with Touma, so i'll just try to wait and see what happens ;_;

ugh you just worded out my thoughts on this so well :) *thumbs up*
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 10, 2013 1:15 AM
Oct 2011
eeeeep.
my heart was so happy when Kou was holding onto yoshioka in the shrine! such a cute moment!!!! <3
Jan 31, 2015 3:10 AM

May 2014
Seems like things just can't be the same they were.. Well Futaba is right about feeling angry with Kou's oscillating behavior.
Feb 4, 2015 2:17 PM

Jan 2013
The shrine part was sweet.
As for the rest... god I hope they don't meet each other on the date.
Mar 25, 2015 11:14 PM

Jan 2014
Yeah Futaba!! Make him feel sorry for being a baka! >_>
May 31, 2015 8:59 AM

Aug 2013
LittleStar said:

It is translated excatlu the same in official Polish translation, so he definitely said thad he can't be with her.

Btw, I'm the only one who can't stand Touma? I don't know why, he is not a bad guy, but I just can't stand him
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Dec 7, 2015 8:14 PM
Oct 2015
Ok, First I was like, YES FRIK YES OMG YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but then I read the next page and I now wanna kill Futaba.
Dec 30, 2015 7:03 PM

Jan 2015
I feel a fight coming up ....
Jul 8, 2016 9:50 PM

Feb 2013
Finally she's standing up for herself!
Aug 19, 2016 1:05 PM
Aug 2015
WHAT ARE YOU DOING YOSHIOKA ;-; Kou, plz don't get depressive and take your girl back from that b*stard Touma

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 49 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

LittleStar - Feb 11, 2015

107 by Rhae »»
Mar 8, 5:59 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 45 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LittleStar - Oct 11, 2014

98 by CoomSlayer69 »»
Oct 15, 2023 8:32 AM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 23 Discussion

blue-y - Nov 8, 2012

39 by hydumpling »»
Jul 18, 2023 3:09 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 21 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LittleStar - Sep 8, 2012

65 by hydumpling »»
Jul 18, 2023 2:38 PM

Poll: » Ao Haru Ride Chapter 46 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LittleStar - Nov 10, 2014

99 by minnaslay127 »»
Jun 4, 2023 9:48 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.