Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
No Matter How I Look at It, It's You Guys' Fault I'm Not Popular!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »
Jul 15, 2013 9:04 AM

Oct 2012
Apparently, WataMote is a huge hit.

As of June 2013, total sales of the manga have exceeded 1.5 million copies,
making it a bestseller.

The original Japanese wording is:
2013年6月時点で単行本は累計150万部を突破するベストセラーとなる。

The original source for this information (in Japanese):
http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E7%A7%81%E3%81%8C%E3%83%A2%E3%83%86%E3%81%AA%E3%81%84%E3%81%AE%E3%81%AF%E3%81%A9%E3%81%86%E8%80%83%E3%81%88%E3%81%A6%E3%82%82%E3%81%8A%E5%89%8D%E3%82%89%E3%81%8C%E6%82%AA%E3%81%84!
Jul 15, 2013 10:54 AM
Apr 2013

jaja ^o^
Jul 15, 2013 11:22 AM

Jun 2012
She is definitely not moe and I don't like her character design or voice acting, but it all makes sense because it's pretty much fitting to her character.

Haha, Nakamura, who VA Kousaka Kyousuke, is stuck with another annoying sister xD but I'm glad to hear his voice again.

I don't really like this series that much, and it sure is a painful length of 20 minutes, I'd fair better with 10, and best with 4. That's just me, though.

lol, this overview.

Jul 15, 2013 12:00 PM
Apr 2013
She thought in that.
Jul 16, 2013 3:27 PM

Nov 2009
The polar opposite of Oreimo. XD;
I'd never thought watching this would be this painful though, it's really bitter...
Jul 17, 2013 1:45 AM

Mar 2013
GarLogan78 said:
straggy said:
This was like watching an anime rendition of a screamo cover of a Taylor Swift song. A lot of the jokes were crude as shit (like suicide jokes, really?) and the straight off slut shaming made me grimace big time.

It seemed to me more like Tomoko would call any girl that was better with guys than her a "slut". She just needs to feel superior. And I don't think she was joking about taking a quick ending.

They were both played as jokes to the audience. Jokes where we're supposed to laugh at slut shaming and then laugh at a girl threatening suicide. Which both make me really uncomfortable, because you shouldn't be joking about shit like that and slut shaming's fucking ridiculous.

ihateeveryone said:
straggy said:
This was like watching an anime rendition of a screamo cover of a Taylor Swift song. A lot of the jokes were crude as shit (like suicide jokes, really?) and the straight off slut shaming made me grimace big time.

Don't you even try to tell me that you haven't ever seen a bunch of girls walking off with guys and thought in your head 'ugh what sltus i bet theyre gonna be banging all night long those fucking whores.'

It's a JOKE. Jeez.

Yeah, when I was younger, but then I educated myself and learnt about slut shaming and how fucking shitty it is. Just because something's played as a joke doesn't mean it's not a bad thing to do. No-one calls the guys sluts or whores - it's literally just judging women for wanting to be free with their sexuality.

In fact, what you just listed was my exact point. That's just what Taylor Swift does in her music, which is pretty much nothing but slut shaming and playing the innocent virgin ideology off.
Jul 17, 2013 2:22 AM

Nov 2011
Wow, damn the OP was awesome.

The episode is just as good. I can relate to MC but unlike her, I ca actually talk to people normally.

Jul 17, 2013 8:05 AM
Mar 2013
It was interesting. I liked the Death Note moment. I can't say I liked the OP though but it might grow on me with more episodes. I'll stick with this show it's entertaining.
Jul 17, 2013 7:10 PM

Oct 2011
Lmfaooo that death note parody in this ep was fucking hilarious!! when she surfs the computer
Jul 17, 2013 9:42 PM

Jul 2013
Definitely one of the most enjoyable animes of the season.
Jul 18, 2013 4:40 AM
Jul 2011
Definitely a very lucky find for me. It's almost alarming how much I can relate to her. Even though I can handle some stuff she can't, I know exactly how that feels.

I was a bit afraid that they might drop a huge moral anvil at some point, but from what I've read here it's apparently more about relating than lecturing. So far it's giving me a feeling of "Others have similar issues, so don't give up", and I think that might help a lot of people more than being told how bad anxiety is for you (because who doesn't know that anyway?).
Jul 18, 2013 6:05 AM

Jun 2013
I was a lot like her in middle school so I can understand how she feels.
Well, I'm still a bit like that but I can deal with things much better in comparison to back then.

Anyway, I think I'm going to like this anime very much. More like, I'm already liking it.

Also, that opening was amazing.
Jul 18, 2013 10:16 AM

Jan 2010
freakin hilarious, THOSE FACES OMG
Jul 18, 2013 10:28 AM

Apr 2011
very happy with the first episode, i think im going to enjoy this show
Jul 18, 2013 6:59 PM

Jul 2010
Never thought this would be really enjoyable being animated. Manga was a bit boring for me.
Jul 19, 2013 11:15 AM
Jul 2012
This anime reminded me of how pathetic I truly am :(
Signature removed. See your messages for more information.
Jul 19, 2013 11:20 AM

Oct 2011
Arigatoful said:

How did you even notice?
Jul 20, 2013 2:50 PM

May 2013

Toshiiiii !!!! <3 <3 <3

Ahem...

His little sister is crazy but i already like her, can't wait to see what she's going to do next :D
I am known as Valentinez Alkalinella Xifax Sicidabohertz Gombigobilla Blue Stradivari Talentrent Pierre Andri Charton-Haymoss Ivanovici Baldeus George Doitzel Kaiser III. Don’t hesitate to call.
Jul 20, 2013 3:47 PM

May 2013
straggy said:
GarLogan78 said:
straggy said:

It seemed to me more like Tomoko would call any girl that was better with guys than her a "slut". She just needs to feel superior. And I don't think she was joking about taking a quick ending.

They were both played as jokes to the audience. Jokes where we're supposed to laugh at slut shaming and then laugh at a girl threatening suicide. Which both make me really uncomfortable, because you shouldn't be joking about shit like that and slut shaming's fucking ridiculous.

ihateeveryone said:
straggy said:

Don't you even try to tell me that you haven't ever seen a bunch of girls walking off with guys and thought in your head 'ugh what sltus i bet theyre gonna be banging all night long those fucking whores.'

It's a JOKE. Jeez.

Yeah, when I was younger, but then I educated myself and learnt about slut shaming and how fucking shitty it is. Just because something's played as a joke doesn't mean it's not a bad thing to do. No-one calls the guys sluts or whores - it's literally just judging women for wanting to be free with their sexuality.

In fact, what you just listed was my exact point. That's just what Taylor Swift does in her music, which is pretty much nothing but slut shaming and playing the innocent virgin ideology off.
straggy said:
GarLogan78 said:
straggy said:

ihateeveryone said:
straggy said:

It's a JOKE. Jeez.

What the fuck is wrong with slut shaming?

Why is it not okay to joke about suicide? Okay stop, keep your sob stories to yourself. I don't want to know about your past, or those of your friends.

Why do feminazis always feel the need to ruin things for others?

Mind you, I do whatever the hell I want. You are definitely NOT going to restrict my freedom. Also, if you show me your weakness I'll definitely use it to destroy you as soon as I feel like you're forcing your beliefs on me. You have been warned.
Jul 20, 2013 5:23 PM

Jan 2010
Polychrome said:
Arigatoful said:

How did you even notice?

i just noticed the girls when they came into shot and thought one of them looked familiar :o
Jul 20, 2013 7:46 PM

Jul 2013
Loved this. I defiantly can relate to some of the social anxieties/awkwardness, not to this extreme though. Defiantly going to be eagerly anticipating more episodes.
Jul 20, 2013 8:39 PM

May 2010
Arigatoful said:
Polychrome said:
Arigatoful said:

How did you even notice?

i just noticed the girls when they came into shot and thought one of them looked familiar :o

If there was an award for best faces I think this Anime would have a good chance of winning it.
Jul 21, 2013 3:42 AM

Jun 2012
Long time since an OP like this, which is awesome.
And the series is extremely promising, hope it turns out great
Jul 21, 2013 4:53 AM

Feb 2013
Great start.

The scene where Tomoko was searching on Google reminded of Light writing in his Death Note. xD

The OP is very misleading. lol
The ED is cute.

"And if, there were so many people in the world, there had to be someone living an interesting life that wasn't ordinary. I was sure of it. Why wasn't that person me?"
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part V
[/center]
Jul 21, 2013 5:50 AM

Apr 2013
Leapling said:
What the fuck is wrong with slut shaming?

The fact it's okay for women to want and have sex.

Leapling said:
Why do feminazis always feel the need to ruin things for others?

Mind you, I do whatever the hell I want. You are definitely NOT going to restrict my freedom. Also, if you show me your weakness I'll definitely use it to destroy you as soon as I feel like you're forcing your beliefs on me. You have been warned.

Oh my goodness, someone on the internet has a different opinion than you. You'd better start acting foolish! People not agreeing with your stupid crap is clearly a threat to your ability to spout stupid crap!

You go ahead and "destroy" people. You'll land in prison and no longer be able to be oh so edgy on the internet.

Oh wait, you mean you're going to use your oh so edgy internet debating skills to "destroy" people figuratively. Like by resorting to Godwin's Law and calling people you don't agree with nazis? Pardon me while I laugh.
Jul 22, 2013 9:59 PM

Apr 2009
That was amazingly hilarious.
Jul 23, 2013 12:54 PM

Mar 2012
Wow, that's a lot of prejudices you got there Tomoko, haha. Seriously. Such is the life of your average high school girl; shitting on other people's lives, yet she's lonely herself and can't understand why guys don't pay attention to her. I'm quite interested in this; it's the 4th anime I've seen that deals with girl otakus, and usually those animes are pretty good. I'm looking forward to where this goes
---
Twitter: @JusticeSoulTuna
Wordpress: JusticeSoulTuna
Youtube: JusticeSoulTuna
I'm literally JST everywhere
Jul 23, 2013 1:06 PM

Mar 2012
I have high hopes for this anime, hopefully it will fulfill what Oreimo could not. The concept is solid, the execution is what matters now. Animes like Ben-To and The Wallflower have dealt with girl otakus pretty well, and with some hilarious results. I agree with people who say that Tomoko's character is dramatically over exaggerated. On the surface she does look like a bad person who just lies to herself, belittles others yet has no confidence, which is true to an extent, but it's done for a purpose; it's meant to emulate several sides of socially awkward girls. Girls like that range from the timid ones that don't speak, the unpopular ones who hate popular girls, and just normal girl otakus. She's a walking satire really, and you can hardly take her seriously when she says 'girls are so stupid for talking to guys like that' and the next minute she says 'I wish i could talk to guys'. It's ironic hypocrisy, and i think it's funny cause it doesn't take itself too seriously. If this were a more serious anime and this girl wasn't the comedic relief, trust me I'd hate her too. Still, i'm interested to see where her misadventures lead her.
---
Twitter: @JusticeSoulTuna
Wordpress: JusticeSoulTuna
Youtube: JusticeSoulTuna
I'm literally JST everywhere
Jul 24, 2013 2:37 AM

May 2011
What a great first episode, I loved this. :D The MC is hilarious and cute, and the humour was just amazing. "I’m coming soon--!" hahaha, oh god. :D
Jul 24, 2013 3:29 PM
May 2013
nayt said:
Death note parody was awsome xD

god it was so epic...
5/5

FOUND IT http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xQmEoBjC0Q
Jul 25, 2013 10:01 PM

Apr 2009
The opening theme is so unnecessarily intense, lol. Good first episode.
Jul 27, 2013 6:04 PM

Nov 2007
Loved the main character. Had me Laughing and felt hurt along with her.
Really enjoyed the first episode
Jul 28, 2013 5:56 AM
Oct 2009
5/5 it was really great episodes. ^^
Its become all actually 3 episodes 5 out of 5. x3
Jul 29, 2013 3:07 PM
Oct 2011
I enjoyed the first episode, but I just couldn't laugh. It weird, they are doing a good job so far showing how a actual person with her condition might think and maybe act, while still keeping me engaged enough to enjoy the show.
Jul 30, 2013 12:04 PM

Jul 2012
Oh crap. That was surprisingly good. I actually know a girl like Tomoko in real life, and I used to be similar to her too. I died in the DS Back washing scene. Too funny. I actually laughed more than four times for just this episode.
Aug 2, 2013 2:49 PM

Dec 2012
Interesting series, I just love her social awkwardness. And that Death Note parody scene was pure gold.
Aug 2, 2013 9:58 PM

Aug 2012
OP is horrible .. Ep is good for starting ..
Aug 3, 2013 9:16 AM

Dec 2012
Finally started watching this... I really~ liked this episode & her faces were hilarious.
I think I am going to love this show.
Aug 4, 2013 12:27 PM

Sep 2012
this is so awkward to watch but damnit i love it,.
As a fan of heavy metal , as well as my roomates,
when this song plays, they cant help but to think im listing to a new band.

i personally think the OP fits well.
comparing to Tomos frustration of not being popular.
ahha
Aug 6, 2013 5:59 PM
Jul 2012
Heh, funny episode.
Hate the opening too much meta crapl that I just skipped it.At least the ending was enjoyable, and funny to listen to.
Lol, that girl is so funny that the voice actor who voice her is doing a very good job.So funny.
Wow, that reference of Death note lol. And, ps3 of soccer ha.
Those faces by her lol they are funny!
The story seems to be good.
Will keep watching this.
4/5
Aug 6, 2013 6:04 PM
Jul 2012
BloodyNightsky said:
CEMPUNK said:
IZEROII said:
She's cute

shes ugly

lol yup
Aug 11, 2013 1:49 AM

Dec 2012
I think the OP is what Tomoko thinks her situation is like. Lol.
Besides that I haven't laughed this much in awhile, died at when her brother saw her in her get-up at McDonalds. 4.5/5
Aug 15, 2013 12:11 PM

Jun 2013
She's annoying me.
But I like her brother.
Aug 23, 2013 8:14 PM

Jun 2008
Hmm....pretty good actually, I think I'll keep watching.
Aug 29, 2013 2:22 AM

Aug 2008
After that other shitty series, hearing brother talk with this voice makes me really uncomfortable... Well, one or two more episodes before deciding if it stays in dropped.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Sep 10, 2013 10:35 AM

Aug 2013
Brilliant first episode. I laughed a lot, and I barely laugh.

Tomoko is incredibly cute. Kind of like Rie when she plays a stuttering part.

I find myself attracted to Tomoko. I'd be her boyfriend.
Lolis > Everything
Sep 18, 2013 1:29 PM

Apr 2011
Surprisingly touching first episode. Nicely laid out quest, to become popular. I look forward to following her.
Oct 1, 2013 5:59 AM

May 2012
Pretty interesting start of this series, some interesting and funny concept, I wonder what the whole story has to offer us! Plus that lovel OP and ED sure made it quite awesome!
Oct 1, 2013 7:41 AM

Oct 2012
Fucking loved it. OP was awesome and ED was very clever and made me laugh just a bit :p. Can't wait to see the rest.
Oct 7, 2013 8:37 AM
May 2012
Oh ah oh oh oh ohhh I'm coming soon!!!!!! ahahahahaha and that Death Note parody was awesome :D

I'm just waiting for this anime to finish airing and now that it's already finished airing It's time to watch it :3 and hey it was good the Opening song is alright I like the Ending song :3 I think Tomoko is cute :3 and her voice is cute also :3 looks like this is going to be fun.
Pages (14) « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 13 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 5, 2013

240 by Thnikkakid »»
Apr 11, 7:56 PM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Sep 9, 2013

201 by 5hadow17 »»
Apr 11, 4:27 AM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2013

377 by OpelManta »»
Mar 27, 3:48 PM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Aug 19, 2013

252 by owonism »»
Mar 12, 4:35 PM

Poll: » Watashi ga Motenai no wa Dou Kangaetemo Omaera ga Warui! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 23, 2013

400 by moefulsuicide »»
Mar 7, 3:38 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.