Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Jul 3, 2013 4:12 PM

Mar 2013
Hello, today I'd like to share my prediction with all of you guys about One Piece's possible ending (after writing it, I believe it's VERY POSSIBLE, but that might just be me).

First, here's the MAL synopsis for the show for people that want to read it before (optional, I cover most that is said in it)

Second, I'd like to start by saying that I really love the concept of Pirates, and that One Piece (or Luffy, you'll see why later) made it bad-ass, because Pirates before were just bandits, but now they're pretty cool, sort of like what the series Naruto did with Ninjas, the concept is great and the anime series got potential.

Third, I'd like to precise that I hate One Piece and the direction it's going in. It wasn't so bad at the beginning, but the latest episodes feel like a drag, a scam to sell more manga, and quality of the show overall isn't outstanding. I could go into more detail, but that's not the point of this thread, so I'll get right to it, and not waste time like the anime is. ;)

Finally, I'll warn you guys that reading this prediction might spoil your One Piece experience. I want to add I've never read the manga nor read anything about how the ending might happen. This is pure intuition and deduction; however, I don't see how else a shounen with as much influence as One Piece could end.

We all probably made some pretty quick conclusions about how it might end, even I made a couple. The most popular one I had come up with was that the whole purpose of the story, the Mugiwara Kazoku, the Straw-Hat clan, the STRAW hat, would be the key to opening the treasure, One Piece. Let's do a quick review of the hat's history, it's important. The hat, if you paid attention during the episodes, was originally Gold D. Roger's and was then passed on to Shanks, who later passes it on to Luffy after losing his arm to save him from a Sea monster (did he really have to lose his arm there? -_-). Luffy now keeps precious hold of it and even formed a crew, that will end up being composed of ten of the greatest crew members in the world, to achieve his dream.

So, this prediction came to me right after listening to their latest opening song.
Notice how, at ~1:55, we see Gold D.Roger with the straw hat, then Shanks, and then Luffy. For most viewers, it's just like, "Okay, well we know who had it before" and that's it. However, notice how they reshaped Gold D. Roger into a slim-fit VERY LUFFY-ALIKE silhouette; I always saw him as some fat old geezer, but what did he look like when he was young..? Notice also during the intros (that are an episode waster) how we never get to see Gold D. Roger's eyes. You guys might see me coming now, but I won't go there yet.

During the whole series, or filler arcs, many mysteries are being processed by Robin, who joined the crew to be primarily with friends, but also thrives for the Poneglyphs, such as the ones found in Sky Island. They are told to be the recipe of ancient weapons, but she just wants to learn more about history. Here's the thing; most of the time, on the Poneglyphs, it is written that Gold D. Roger has been there, or people say that he passed by. We find really strange technological devices in One Piece, that don't really make any sense; Nami's rods, the shell-compact discs that store energy, swords with magical powers, etc. Would it be really strange to find a Time Machine?

At the beginning of the series, it is told that the pirate era was of the past, that everyone had lost interest and that the Marine force was just too great to oppose. However, with the death of Gold D. Roger and his promising treasure, there was a never before seen explosion of pirates that set sail, an era known as the Great Pirate Era, filled with pirates, many harboring the devil's fruits, that disable swimming because of the weakness towards sea water.

Gold D. Roger (Monkey D. Luffy, just stating the D.) was a Pirate King, and it just so happens Luffy IS going to be the next dominant Pirate King. What if Gold D. Roger never livened up the whole population of Pirates? Let's recreate this possibility.

We're back at the beginning. Luffy grows up with the desire to explore. He sets sail on his big adventure (but remember, there's no One Piece) and he does not eat any fruit. He encounters friends, foes, and decides to become a Pirate (he does have a rebellious side to him after all). He explores the seven seas and conquers them (it's a shounen, after all). However, he notices how dull his life is, and there's lack of action, of dreams being realized, the Navy is corrupted, life is miserable on land. He must be now of the age of 30, when he thinks up an amazing plan. He discovered the ancient weapons through the Poneglyphs (maybe with the help of his ancient crew-mates) and found the ultimate Time Machine, the greatest weapon of them all. He feels the urge to destroy it, but he decides to sacrifice his life for the purpose of making the past (future) a better place. He goes back to the past with maybe some crew members and makes a reputation out of himself. Once he becomes a Pirate King once again (or maybe for the first time, knowing all of the weaknesses, tricks, knowledge of the seas), the Marine is onto him, but never can catch him (I estimate his age to be 45 at this point); however, he purposely gets himself caught at the peak of his wealth, fame, and power, and says these words : "My treasure? If you want it, you can have it! Go find it! I left it all there!" This created the biggest treasure hunt in history for One Piece, Gold D. Roger's last parting gift for the future, provoking a new wave of dreams for the young ones to have, the Great Age of Pirates.

Of course, I shortened it a bit, but with this kind of plot, you'd understand why the manga author said, after 500 episodes, that his manga hasn't actually truly begun yet.¸

You have to understand that Luffy did not have Nami, Sanji, Zorro, or any of the other crew members he has at the moment, since they never met.

In my opinion, this is the most epic turn of events. In the first episode, remember, as Luffy is talking to Coby, who was with the Alvida Pirates, Luffy says : "I decided to become the Pirate King... and if I die fighting for it, then that's that!" Many clues are put throughout the series that Luffy WILL become the Pirate King, no matter what, and to be honest, most viewers know he'll make it. That's why turning this into a distorted time story that no one saw coming (except for me /brag) could make One Piece's ending one of the most epic in the anime industry, and make people say : "Well, now you see that it wasn't 1k episodes for nothing!!!" *cough* yeah, sure *cough*.

This is one of the main reasons I despise One Piece, it's too long for nothing, bunch of random high-bounty pirates popping out of nowhere, endless foes, endless people getting beaten around by Luffy's crew as he heads for the boss (except maybe Zorro who goes for the best swordsman). I just want them to condense their crap already and make it masterpiece-worthy, no more slow-paced episodes and focus on action, shounen, eating, sleeping, fighting, ass-kicking with good drama (better than Ace dying and Luffy crying for 10 episodes, please - the drama was good originally, but then it just got heavy and annoying).

I wonder how much longer the series will last. They're already at 8 crew members and Jimbei is either gonna be 9th or 10th, so that leaves out a last dude to come in.

Anyways, after reading this long wall of text, tell me your thoughts, I'll even make a TLDR; for you lazy people.

TLDR;

Come visit the Rec club! Everyone gets confused as to what they want to watch or read next. :T

Here is the Official Rec Club list of Recommendations!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 3, 2013 5:56 PM
Feb 2011
Luffy and Roger are two completely different characters. They share some similarities which all D share but that’s it. For example Roger NEVER run away, a trait Ace shared and died for it. Luffy is an idiot and Roger not as big of an idiot. Luffy cannot lie and keep a secret. Luffy would never say something like “turn the world upside down”. He is after adventures and so on and on. What happened with Roger is that he simple realized that he hadn’t the strength and the allies to take down the World Government and so made the plan to weaken the world government by starting an area of pirates before he died of illness.

The author is very competent and has pretty much foreshadowed and told us what One Piece is and how the story will end. One Piece is the true history. After discovering what horrendous things the World Government did 900 years ago that they had to erase 100 years, a gigantic war will break out and every character and Island we have seen will participate in this war to destroy the world government. After that event Luffy and crew will probably go into space and become space pirates and that will be the end. By the way you should really read the Manga because you have missed crucial information because the Anime doesn’t want to animate cover stories and therefore you missed Enel and his moon adventure.

The Manga has at least 600 chapters left and that is if Oda only closes the Plot threads he has opened thus far but he still opens new ones and likes to explore his world more. The Anime goes with 1 chapter 1 Episode pace and this is probably not going to change for the rest of the run. So you have at the very least 600 episodes before you. If you can’t take the pace you could put it one hiatus and read or watch it bundle wise. You could also wait around 40 years until they choose to reanimate the entire Manga. Let us say the Manga will have 1500 chapters and they go with a 3 chapter pace. Then the Anime will have about 500 Episodes.
Jul 3, 2013 6:22 PM

Nov 2010
Josl said:
Luffy and Roger are two completely different characters. They share some similarities which all D share but that’s it. For example Roger NEVER run away, a trait Ace shared and died for it. Luffy is an idiot and Roger not as big of an idiot. Luffy cannot lie and keep a secret. Luffy would never say something like “turn the world upside down”. He is after adventures and so on and on. What happened with Roger is that he simple realized that he hadn’t the strength and the allies to take down the World Government and so made the plan to weaken the world government by starting an area of pirates before he died of illness.
I agree, it's that because he didn't have enough strength and knowledge to figure out exactly what happened and what to do after. So he decided to entrust his will to the new generation.

And this guy's theory doesn't work, where does Luffy's parents come in. If he was really from the past then why would they be here.

Josl said:
The author is very competent and has pretty much foreshadowed and told us what One Piece is and how the story will end. One Piece is the true history. After discovering what horrendous things the World Government did 900 years ago that they had to erase 100 years, a gigantic war will break out and every character and Island we have seen will participate in this war to destroy the world government. After that event Luffy and crew will probably go into space and become space pirates and that will be the end. By the way you should really read the Manga because you have missed crucial information because the Anime doesn’t want to animate cover stories and therefore you missed Enel and his moon adventure.
I don't think every character on every island will help. It matters what it is, what can be so secret that would make the whole world turn on the government. On top of that, that would be so important to make the world turn on the government but not their own marines.
I actually think Raftel could be in space, so I think they could go there much sooner.

Josl said:
The Manga has at least 600 chapters left and that is if Oda only closes the Plot threads he has opened thus far but he still opens new ones and likes to explore his world more. The Anime goes with 1 chapter 1 Episode pace and this is probably not going to change for the rest of the run. So you have at the very least 600 episodes before you. If you can’t take the pace you could put it one hiatus and read or watch it bundle wise. You could also wait around 40 years until they choose to reanimate the entire Manga. Let us say the Manga will have 1500 chapters and they go with a 3 chapter pace. Then the Anime will have about 500 Episodes.
No, I believe he said he's finished with One Piece as soon as he finishes with the main story.

And how are you getting that the anime is going to stay with the 1 chapter 1 episode pace? The reason for it being at that pace could be thought of quite simply as not wanting to put fillers at important parts and when everybody is seperate. The last large filler arc was right after Water 7. At Saobondy they all split up for over 100 episodes, no place to put one there without doing a transport filler, then the timeskip(can't bog one of the most anticipated times down with fillers kinda like Naruto did) then there was the annual movie after Fishman island. I think after Punk Hazard you might be able to decide that, depending on the ending of the arc. They might have been keeping this pace because they want to have a filler arc after Punk Hazard to get back to the normal pacing from before.
Jul 3, 2013 6:52 PM
Feb 2011
IntroverTurtle said:
I don't think every character on every island will help. It matters what it is, what can be so secret that would make the whole world turn on the government. On top of that, that would be so important to make the world turn on the government but not their own marines.

I meant every character of every island the strawhats were and helped and maybe a few others. It depends on what the truth is and if there is any proof. If they say that Robin just lies they could easily fool the marines and other Islands. But this won’t work on people and Islands the strawhats were and met. Furthermore it can easily go that the closer the end we get the more marines get replaced through Pacifista. I actually believe they were introduced just for that purpose and the end game.

IntroverTurtle said:
No, I believe he said he's finished with One Piece as soon as he finishes with the main story.

Yes One Piece will end but this doesn’t mean that the straw hats will die. After the WG is down and everyone reaches their goal they decide to explore the space and it ends
IntroverTurtle said:

And how are you getting that the anime is going to stay with the 1 chapter 1 episode pace? The reason for it being at that pace could be thought of quite simply as not wanting to put fillers at important parts and when everybody is seperate. The last large filler arc was right after Water 7. At Saobondy they all split up for over 100 episodes, no place to put one there without doing a transport filler, then the timeskip(can't bog one of the most anticipated times down with fillers kinda like Naruto did) then there was the annual movie after Fishman island. I think after Punk Hazard you might be able to decide that, depending on the ending of the arc. They might have been keeping this pace because they want to have a filler arc after Punk Hazard to get back to the normal pacing from before.

Because they obvious like it and have done so the last few years. After your logic of not fitting anywhere they could have done (and have done) a filler arc after Fishman Island but they only did 4 Episodes movie tie in. What do you except after PH? Let us say they capture CC. Do you expect a 50 Episode filler arc with CC and the Strawhats? Before PH would have fit way better than after PH and they didn’t do it. If they would have had the intention to do Fillers they would have done so long long ago.
Jul 3, 2013 7:40 PM

Nov 2010
Josl said:
IntroverTurtle said:

I meant every character of every island the strawhats were and helped and maybe a few others. It depends on what the truth is and if there is any proof. If they say that Robin just lies they could easily fool the marines and other Islands. But this won’t work on people and Islands the strawhats were and met. Furthermore it can easily go that the closer the end we get the more marines get replaced through Pacifista. I actually believe they were introduced just for that purpose and the end game.
Well of course there would be some sort of proof or else it wouldn't be able to throw the world into a war. I don't think it's that simple that they can say it was a lie by Robin, then why are they panicking about people finding it in the first place. I was thinking that that was possible, that the Pacifistas could become the main enemy.

Josl said:
IntroverTurtle said:

Yes One Piece will end but this doesn’t mean that the straw hats will die. After the WG is down and everyone reaches their goal they decide to explore the space and it ends
I think some of them could die. I think they'll see space before it ends but he could decide to go to space in the end, that has the most freedom. But that's of course if he doesn't die. The story has been really setting him up to be like Roger, everybody compares him to him, etc Roger who would have died of an illness. Luffy's connected to his overuse of gear second and third.

Josl said:
IntroverTurtle said:

Because they obvious like it and have done so the last few years. After your logic of not fitting anywhere they could have done (and have done) a filler arc after Fishman Island but they only did 4 Episodes movie tie in. What do you except after PH? Let us say they capture CC. Do you expect a 50 Episode filler arc with CC and the Strawhats? Before PH would have fit way better than after PH and they didn’t do it. If they would have had the intention to do Fillers they would have done so long long ago.
I don't see how they like it. Exactly that was for a movie tie in, it wouldn't be long enough to give more chapters so the pace can go faster. And they wouldn't put a long filler arc at the awaited first island of the New World.
Well I don't know what to expect, like I said it matters what happens. I don't read the manga, do they capture him and keep him on their boat? I expect an at least 20 episode filler arc and they can always fudge the details a little, as I don't know the exact situation of after this arc. Like when they took Merry's fall and damage from Skypiea and instead tied it in with the G-8 arc. They have been doing fillers since long long ago, they stopped near Saobondy.
Jul 3, 2013 7:45 PM

Mar 2013
Wait what? Where are you getting that they're going to explore space? LOL That's so ridiculous, I definitely don't wanna bother with this anime if that's how it ends. Picture proof please, put it in spoiler tags, I need to see this myself.

And @IntroverTurtle, What do you mean what about Luffy's parents??? They did not come back in time with Roger, their son, so when Roger goes back in time, there are currently two Luffy's in the world, one with a hidden name. Also, Roger is old, he's not young and stupid anymore, he learned from his voyage. It's a time paradox, that's how it works... Mirai Nikki/Steins;Gate/Noein, anyone?

I see sacrificing himself for the sake of the Pirates a very reckless and brilliant idea he could think up of, because now he's the most known Pirate EVER, and the biggest Pirate King of them all, it's the ultimate plan, especially if he's about to die anyways like you said by a disease.

I don't think you read my text quite well, and I don't blame you if you skipped parts, but I'm not coming to an agreement with your counter arguments.

And great, more random enemies produced we-don't-know how and that are easily controllable in Pacifistas. (Naruto spoiler for the war)

Come visit the Rec club! Everyone gets confused as to what they want to watch or read next. :T

Jul 3, 2013 7:55 PM

Jan 2009
nah One Piece is like saying you made it all in one piece lol, so the adventure itself is the ultimate treasure
Jul 3, 2013 8:17 PM
Jul 2012
so that inturn means that luffy is Ace's father according to @blob, it would be an epic way to end OP(time travel is awesome after all) but i highly doubt that.

also if i recall they said that Roger never had a devil fruit power, so unless he got rid of it or had black beard take it from him(who btw is also a man of D) then he would be a rubber man.

they have also shown Rogers face a few times and he does not have the scar under his eye
Jul 3, 2013 10:32 PM

Mar 2013
MrScwiggles said:
so that inturn means that luffy is Ace's father according to @blob, it would be an epic way to end OP(time travel is awesome after all) but i highly doubt that.

also if i recall they said that Roger never had a devil fruit power, so unless he got rid of it or had black beard take it from him(who btw is also a man of D) then he would be a rubber man.

they have also shown Rogers face a few times and he does not have the scar under his eye

You didn't read my text well. I never said Roger ate the Gum-gum fruit. Even though I said Roger is Luffy, it doesn't mean he did the same things Luffy did during the series, FAR from that. He had a completely different crew, completely different fighting style (but still strong), and he would NOT have the scar, because NOT the same things happened. You have to understand Luffy was still a baby if I recall when Roger died, so the WHOLE past changed. For example, he might have been influenced differently and not have gotten the scar.

I forgot Roger was Ace's father. Well then that means that he married some red-haired woman... hmm... ANYWAYS, that also means Ace would not have existed in RogerLuffy's timeline.

EDIT : @Jox : Yeah, that's what most people think, and it's the most plain type of conclusion One Piece could end up with - he returns the hat once he's king, and Shanks tells him : "Congratulations, you just found One Piece - Look around you, your crew, your history, your adventure, your thrill, your fun - your wealth, fame, and power." (and then you noticed half of his crew died, making Shanks a bitch... nah, not in shounen, rofl). But at least it's better than exploring space, LOL.
blobJul 3, 2013 10:36 PM

Jul 4, 2013 7:35 AM
Feb 2011
blob said:
Wait what? Where are you getting that they're going to explore space? LOL That's so ridiculous, I definitely don't wanna bother with this anime if that's how it ends. Picture proof please, put it in spoiler tags, I need to see this myself.

Find an online Manga reader and look at the cover of chapter 440 up. Go chapters forth and back and read the Cover story. I will sum up it for you. Enel goes to the moon. He finds robots send from some scientist a few hundred years back. He shocks them which brings them back to life. They are than being attacked by space pirates (yes space pirates) and Enel defeats them. After that they discover ruins build by someone. Enel discovers that the people who have wings (shandians, skypians and a third tribe) came from the moon. They left the moon because there wasn’t any resources left. They were seemingly pretty high advanced because they left a whole army of robots back on the moon when they left. Enel reanimates them and now has an army of robots and will come back to the story at some point with his space army.

Look at Robins flashback scene. We see there a Globe where we see their “Earth” with multiple moons (not just one)

What One Piece is, is already known. Whitebeard told us what One Piece is. The chapter where he dies he has a speech. Here I will quote it completely.

“You are not the one. The man who Roger was waiting for was not you Teach, at the very least. Just as there are those who have inherited Rogers will, Ace’s will too will be inherited by others. You may eradicate his bloodline, but their flames will never die. For many ages they have been passed down through the generations without fail and someday, bearing the weight of all those centuries upon his back a man will come forth to challenge this world. Sengoku, you people of the World Government are living in fear of that great battle that will engulf the entire world!!! When somebody finally finds the great treasure THE WORLD WILL BE TURNED UPSIDE DOWN. Oh yes it will be found. The Day will come without a doubt because ONE PIECE IS OUT THERE”

There is really no doubt that One Piece is the true history. The only question is: “what is the true history?”. We know that there was a great clan, most likely the D., who ruled back then. We know they had alliances with a lot of Islands, one of them being shandora where the moon people did reside. We know they were betrayed by 16 Islands whose descendants are wearing suits that resemble space suits (coincidence with Oda, probably not). The true history will defiantly have some sort of “space” connection. This is why I think that after One Piece is discovered and the WG is down and everybody has reached their goals and there is nothing left for them to do on their Earth and this is an adventure Manga and that there is the possibility of space travel they will go and explore the space which we the readers will not get to see. But this is a personal theory.
Plus space discovery is ridiculous but time travel is “epic”? Your definition is really strange.

IntroverTurtle said:

I think some of them could die. I think they'll see space before it ends but he could decide to go to space in the end, that has the most freedom. But that's of course if he doesn't die. The story has been really setting him up to be like Roger, everybody compares him to him, etc Roger who would have died of an illness. Luffy's connected to his overuse of gear second and third.

No he is being set up to succeed where Roger didn’t. He will bring down the WG, something Roger couldn’t and survive. This is One Piece and Oda we are talking about. He only kills to move the story. Killing any of the strawhats at the end would leave a big bad after taste in the mouth of many. He will definitely not end it on such a note. He likes happy endings and parties. He plans definitely after everything is done on “Earth” to explore the space. Plus the average Human in One Piece can get to 170 years old. It was said in an SBS. So the 10 years plus Gear 2 over usage will defiantly not kill him. He is just 19 and an illness would destroy choppers dream. There is no way any of the straw hats is going to die.

IntroverTurtle said:

I don't see how they like it.

It has many benefits. They can plan better. This Animator is going to do this chapter and so on. Fillers also cost money. They have to come up with a story, new characters, new islands, new powers etc. This costs also money. They can reuse certain Backgrounds longer and other cost minimizing things.

IntroverTurtle said:

Exactly that was for a movie tie in, it wouldn't be long enough to give more chapters so the pace can go faster. And they wouldn't put a long filler arc at the awaited first island of the New World.

If they had the intention to change the pace they would have done so.

IntroverTurtle said:

Well I don't know what to expect, like I said it matters what happens. I don't read the manga, do they capture him and keep him on their boat? I expect an at least 20 episode filler arc and they can always fudge the details a little, as I don't know the exact situation of after this arc

Let us say that PH and the next arc are very closely related. This 1 chapter 1 Episode is now the norm. It is not a temporary solution when you do it for over 5 years. If they had the intention to change the pace they would have done so a long time ago, no matter which “logically” reasons you come up with not fitting. They will only do short filler arcs to compensate for the breaks Oda takes.
Jul 4, 2013 11:01 AM

Aug 2012
You are very wrong. The mystery of "One Piece" is already solved, I think there is a thread about it on this very forum. I didn't even read it, but I simply deduce you are wrong. Here I go:

we never get to see Gold D. Roger's eyes

We get to see hes eyes during the episode that tells about hes story... And also, they usually don't show hes eyes just to make him more badass...

Would it be really strange to find a Time Machine?

I see what you are trying to say. Are you trying to imply that Roger is Luffy? I can't believe in that. Even through they have magical things, One Piece follows the laws of physics, notice how the object is never "simply magical", it always works accordingly to the laws of physics, all of them. Nami's staff doesn't simply makes thunder, it makes cold and heat balls, which is acceptable by physic. While all that is true, a time machine is incredibly stupid.

We're back at the beginning. Luffy grows up with the desire to explore. He sets sail on his big adventure (but remember, there's no One Piece) and he does not eat any fruit. He encounters friends, foes, and decides to become a Pirate (he does have a rebellious side to him after all). He explores the seven seas and conquers them (it's a shounen, after all). However, he notices how dull his life is, and there's lack of action, of dreams being realized, the Navy is corrupted, life is miserable on land. He must be now of the age of 30, when he thinks up an amazing plan. He discovered the ancient weapons through the Poneglyphs (maybe with the help of his ancient crew-mates) and found the ultimate Time Machine, the greatest weapon of them all. He feels the urge to destroy it, but he decides to sacrifice his life for the purpose of making the past (future) a better place. He goes back to the past with maybe some crew members and makes a reputation out of himself. Once he becomes a Pirate King once again (or maybe for the first time, knowing all of the weaknesses, tricks, knowledge of the seas), the Marine is onto him, but never can catch him (I estimate his age to be 45 at this point); however, he purposely gets himself caught at the peak of his wealth, fame, and power, and says these words : "My treasure? If you want it, you can have it! Go find it! I left it all there!" This created the biggest treasure hunt in history for One Piece, Gold D. Roger's last parting gift for the future, provoking a new wave of dreams for the young ones to have, the Great Age of Pirates.

I knew you were trying to say that Roger is Luffy. Look, sir... In first place: If Luffy didn't had any fruit, he wouldn't have grown up. Actually, Roger has nothing to do with Luffy eating the Gomu Gomu no Fruit. Luffy ate it before even he was a pirate... He was with Shanks at the bar. Shanks was a pirate and it doesn't matter if Roger was dead or not, Shanks would always be a pirate. They had the fruit right in the box. Luffy ate it. No secret. Luffy WOULD DEFINITELY eat the fruit. Having that said, it would be impossible for Luffy to be Roger, because we still don't know what fruit Roger ate, but it obviously wasn't the Gomu Gomu no Fruit.

And not only that... But Luffy told Usopp "YOU DON'T FUCKING TELL ME IF ONE PIECE EXISTS OR NOT, IF YOU DO SO, I WILL STOP BEING A PIRATE". There is no sense at saying that, because it proves that Luffy has no idea if there really is a One Piece or not, and if he was Roger, he would know One Piece exists. And if he is just pretending he doesn't know, why would he stop being a pirate just because of that pretending?

You can obviously see how Luffy knows absolutely nothing about Gol D. Roger, about One Piece or anything else. And for God's sake, Luffy is Ace's father? Of course not. There are so many plotholes there.

Sorry, your theory is the worse I ever read. I am really sorry for saying that, but at the beginning I even thought you were trolling.
Jul 4, 2013 2:50 PM

Mar 2013
@Lupadim : It's hard to understand how low your comprehension levels are. Perhaps you're just not smart enough to comprehend stuff as complex as the butterfly effect and different timelines, along with quantum physics...

Anyways, you don't need to understand that the fact of just "creating" heat and cold can NOT be done by just handling a rod WITHOUT magic, thus NOT following ANY rules of physics. Go back to school, please, before posting. A time machine is stupid? LOL? Are we even watching/reading the same series here? You have fruits that give ridiculous powers to people, ancient weapons that could be "revived" by poneglyphs, and you think Time travelling is stupid? HAHAHA. On top of that, you got people going into space (read previous posts if you can't recall) without any notion of astronomy, just magic that could magically get you up there... ROFL. And I'm the troll?

And yes, in Luffy's main timeline (where he's known as Roger when he goes back in the past), he doesn't know Ace, because Ace can't exist without a father (who is actually Luffy's son, but he had to come back in the past and get married before having one, which he could not have done in the main timeline).

Shanks might not have been a pirate without Roger's influence, you don't know, so stop assuming and contradicting stuff on just what you "feel".

And no, the story we're following at the moment, the second Luffy according to my theory, could not know if One Piece exists, because he has NOTHING to do with Roger. It's just that Roger was Luffy in another timeline that came back to the past. It's not like Roger's memories should be transferred directly into this Luffy's timeline's head.

Tell me what kind of plot holes there are about Luffy being Ace's father; although I know you'll come up with something stupid 'cause you probably couldn't understand anything from the original post.

Anyways, I was expecting people like you to pop out once in a while in threads like these, so I'll bear with it. I'm awaiting your response.

Jul 4, 2013 3:17 PM

Oct 2010
Okay, I'll tell a few, short reasons on why I think this theory doesn't work.

2. We know already about the nature of at least two Ancestral Weapons. They don't help your case. One is a battleship and the other one is a giant mermaid who is able to control the Sea Kings. You are assuming that the third Ancestral Weapon will lead to something completely unrelated, therefore making the introduction of these two, basically useless.

3. The very idea that Roger wants to use a Time Machine to do the exact same thing he's done and discover the exact same thing he's discovered is a nice storyline for an absurd parody, but people usually don't spend so much time and effort on a master troll move like this.

4. It ignores many other points of the series, like the fact we know about Luffy's parents and various family members, the significance of the Void Century (does it even hold a point in the structure of the storyline if it's supposed to be about the delusions of a 40-year-old wanting to discover the world again?).

5. It's very poorly grounded. Yeah, I know that young Roger looks like Luffy, but you transform this mere lookalike into a major reason. Okay well. I'll take the same idea and say that Nami is actually the princess of Alabasta.

6. And finally, even if it was true... it doesn't change anything. The process is the same, the One Piece is still a mystery that has to be solved through the storyline, etc.
Jul 4, 2013 6:30 PM

Mar 2013
@jal90 :

1. Well yeah, the eyes have nothing to do with it, maybe Luffy's eyes would look like that in 10-20 years...

2. Controlling time is pretty epic for a weapon, and those two ancestral weapons could just as well be the best weapons after the time machine. It's not related to the sea, true, though.

3. No, here you did not get the point. He's not doing the "same things". He simply knows all of the ocean's tricks and way to counter its reactions at sea, so he could easily escape from the Marines or people chasing after him as he conquers them to gain a reputation. And Luffy is not just "people", he can do whatever he wants, especially if the Pirate concept was dying in his "Roger" timeline. Haven't you noticed how happy he is when he sees the youth dreaming about becoming a pirate because of him, or even just following their dreams and being true to themselves?

4. I don't see how knowing Luffy's parents contradicts anything I've said. Review your point. Roger does not want to discover the world again, he wants to create a name in this past timeline (where the actual Luffy lives) in order to create a new Pirate Era.

5. That has nothing to do; they're not similar at all.

6. Yes, the process will still be the same, but it's an epic turn of events anyways, knowing your future self went back in the past to make relive the Pirates into rebellion against the Navy, which he had found corrupted in his timeline.

Sometimes you can only fix things by going back into the past. That's what I think Gold D. Roger did when he found the Time Machine and noticed how disgusting his current world was, sort of like a dystopia controlled by the Navy. He did not accept this world and felt something had to be done, so he went back into the past, got himself a name, the Pirate King in order to assemble a crew and force against the Navy, crushing what he felt was wrong. However, probably that this was not enough, so he, before dying of his illness, decided to take advantage of this and make the most popular claim that revitalized the whole population into finding his treasure.

Jul 4, 2013 7:02 PM

Apr 2011
Jul 4, 2013 10:33 PM

Feb 2012
j0x said:
nah One Piece is like saying you made it all in one piece lol, so the adventure itself is the ultimate treasure

Lmaooo if it ended up being that I would totally facepalm, but HIGHLY doubt that
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
Jul 4, 2013 11:02 PM

Sep 2008
blob said:
You didn't read my text wellwall

fixed
There's two kinds of people you can't win an argument against:
One - Too dumb to tell right from wrong.
Two - Too stubborn to admit they are wrong.
Jul 4, 2013 11:54 PM

Nov 2010
Josl said:
IntroverTurtle said:

No he is being set up to succeed where Roger didn’t. He will bring down the WG, something Roger couldn’t and survive. This is One Piece and Oda we are talking about. He only kills to move the story. Killing any of the strawhats at the end would leave a big bad after taste in the mouth of many. He will definitely not end it on such a note. He likes happy endings and parties. He plans definitely after everything is done on “Earth” to explore the space. Plus the average Human in One Piece can get to 170 years old. It was said in an SBS. So the 10 years plus Gear 2 over usage will defiantly not kill him. He is just 19 and an illness would destroy choppers dream. There is no way any of the straw hats is going to die.
All he needs to do is bring down the WG and grant true freedom to the world, he can die after. That will in no way affect Roger's wish.
I said I think, and I don't think it would leave a bad taste, especially if done in a good way. He was already planning on killing one of the straw hats off years ago. Yes for now, but you don't know what will happen in the future, he could use it way more. We don't even know the exact amount of strain it puts on his body just that each time he uses it, he gets hurt more and has to sleep for a longer amount of time.

Josl said:
IntroverTurtle said:

I don't see how they like it.

It has many benefits. They can plan better. This Animator is going to do this chapter and so on. Fillers also cost money. They have to come up with a story, new characters, new islands, new powers etc. This costs also money. They can reuse certain Backgrounds longer and other cost minimizing things.
Making it go faster helps them get more fans and higher ratings which gets them more money. Fillers cost less than a regular episode. They might already have ideas down for them, Oda sometimes helps.

Josl said:
IntroverTurtle said:

Exactly that was for a movie tie in, it wouldn't be long enough to give more chapters so the pace can go faster. And they wouldn't put a long filler arc at the awaited first island of the New World.

If they had the intention to change the pace they would have done so.
I don't think that's certain.

Josl said:
IntroverTurtle said:

Well I don't know what to expect, like I said it matters what happens. I don't read the manga, do they capture him and keep him on their boat? I expect an at least 20 episode filler arc and they can always fudge the details a little, as I don't know the exact situation of after this arc

Let us say that PH and the next arc are very closely related. This 1 chapter 1 Episode is now the norm. It is not a temporary solution when you do it for over 5 years. If they had the intention to change the pace they would have done so a long time ago, no matter which “logically” reasons you come up with not fitting. They will only do short filler arcs to compensate for the breaks Oda takes.
Yes it can be if those arcs were closely related. I don't think that's certain.
Jul 5, 2013 12:25 AM

Oct 2010
blob said:
2. Controlling time is pretty epic for a weapon, and those two ancestral weapons could just as well be the best weapons after the time machine. It's not related to the sea, true, though.

The problem is, what do the other Ancestral Weapons do? And in a similar way, what is the purpose of many other mysteries in the series? Your prediction seems like a nice and crazy idea but it doesn't change anything on the main ideas of One Piece.

blob said:
3. No, here you did not get the point. He's not doing the "same things". He simply knows all of the ocean's tricks and way to counter its reactions at sea, so he could easily escape from the Marines or people chasing after him as he conquers them to gain a reputation. And Luffy is not just "people", he can do whatever he wants, especially if the Pirate concept was dying in his "Roger" timeline. Haven't you noticed how happy he is when he sees the youth dreaming about becoming a pirate because of him, or even just following their dreams and being true to themselves?

Ah, okay then. So you are saying that Luffy learns from his adventure and travels to the past with the name of Roger, declares the Pirate Era and dies, and twenty years later Luffy starts his adventure. A nice time paradox indeed. The issue again is, does it solve anything? That is, apart from making the fans' brains explode, what is the purpose of this? In a series where everything is very tightly connected and the timeline is made pretty clear, it doesn't seem like a remotely possible idea.

blob said:
4. I don't see how knowing Luffy's parents contradicts anything I've said. Review your point. Roger does not want to discover the world again, he wants to create a name in this past timeline (where the actual Luffy lives) in order to create a new Pirate Era.

My bad, that was me messing with the terms of the timeline you created. I figured that it was Roger who travelled to the future, instead of the contrary.

blob said:
5. That has nothing to do; they're not similar at all.

The same chin, the same body size and shape, the same nose, very similar eyes and face shape. They are only significantly different in hair and eyelids. Which doesn't say anything because Oda repeats basic character designs a lot and makes every girl look the same, but whatever, that wasn't my point.
Jul 5, 2013 1:17 AM

Mar 2013
kuity said:
blob said:
You didn't read my text wellwall

fixed

Yeah, I admit it's a helluva wall of text, but notice how hard it is to explain and say it right for everyone.

Btw, I noticed that was your signature only after I quoted, I was about to reply to that. That this is arguing alright, but I'm not trying to be right or wrong, just trying to propose ideas of what could happen and see if it has any fail-holes in it.

@jal90 :
3- I agree that such a development is much more complex than the whole story itself, so that might be a very good valid reason to think it won't happen this way.

I know it changes nothing, it's just a cool turn of events they could have made. :P

4- Yeah, I noticed. It's okay, it's probably not easy to get it all on the first read, even I would be confused.

5- Okay, but there would be no purpose to Nami being her or vice-versa. xD I know that's what you're trying to say about Roger/Luffy, but I think it serves a purpose into giving out that epic-feels type of enjoyment for the viewers if they're not already unconscious from over-use of brain power.

@Person who put a large pic of the moon and the other guy that started the discussion on it : I just read the manga (took me a while) and I personally don't see why Luffy and his crew would wind up on the moon just because Enel went there, or because they showed pictures of it. I still find the idea really ridiculous. Let's just hope they stay on water... and not drown into space.

For the others, I'm new to this manga-reading process, but I don't see why they'd put in fillers, the manga is already almost ~70 episodes ahead of the anime. Although for the sake of making more money off of the anime, it wouldn't surprise me. I don't mind you guys talking about different endings or circumstances than the original I posted, but try to keep on topic once in a while!

And I don't mind if people passing by that read everything would go like : "Oh cool, nice idea. :D" Or, if you completely disagree (please read everything first though to prevent the same mistakes), point out why it wouldn't work and how you think it should be.

Let's keep this alive!

Jul 5, 2013 6:58 AM
Jul 2012
@blob i probably understand your thoughts now on the different roger actually being Luffy now... took me a while. and i do admit it would be very cool to have that turn of events (if done well) but i highly doubt that will happen.

as for your correction on my posts i also understand what you ment by him not having the scar or the fruit and that is indeed plausible

and just to show that i actually do know what you ment, this little wafft:
roger grew up in an age where there was no GREAT pirate era, he went through his life as a pirate and became the great pirate he was, but the WG was still useless, corrupt and so forth. So inorder to change this he goes back in time to before he was born(him being luffy now) and forms a new crew. as he was not the same as luffy he would not have had the fruit or the scar, since luffy was influenced by roger since luffy was born(as roger died 4 years be4 luffy was born), roger recrafted the world into having a pirate era so to try and correct/bring down the WG by influencing himself(luffy) and all the other pirates out there thus changing the path roger was on in the 1st time line. this also changes a lot of other dietail like ace being born in the 2nd line where he was not in the 1st, luffy meeting a pirate(shanks) and wanting to become one and so on.

as this is an awesome concept and very plausible it is still as the others have said not going to happen(and now for those awesome parody makers to go to work on this idea. do it)
Jul 5, 2013 9:31 AM
Aug 2011
My simple response is:

Oh and I know you mentioned timelines but it's still weird for lack of a better word. I don't think I can cope.
standJul 5, 2013 9:36 AM
Jul 5, 2013 10:57 AM

Aug 2012
blob said:
@Lupadim : It's hard to understand how low your comprehension levels are. Perhaps you're just not smart enough to comprehend stuff as complex as the butterfly effect and different timelines, along with quantum physics...

I didn't expected you to be such an asshole. If you want to discuss with insults, okay. In first place, I thought you had some kind of mental sickness, because thinking that Roger is Luffy after travelling in a time machine is so stupid and ridiculous, but I didn't said anything. Now I am going to say: Go to a doctor. Or maybe you are just trolling. :>

Anyways, you don't need to understand that the fact of just "creating" heat and cold can NOT be done by just handling a rod WITHOUT magic, thus NOT following ANY rules of physics.

You are stupid. Yes, you are. OBVIOUSLY, the anime evolves a little bit of magic, but what I was trying to say is that it HAS A COMPROMISE WITH LAWS OF PHYSIC. There is no "magical power" in One Piece that is simply "It makes X happens by magic". All "magical powers" have a "magical trigger", but it causes a lot of effects that would be possible to make at our real world, if we did had the magical trigger. As example: The powder that makes raining at Alabasta. It is not simply a random shit that makes water. It does have some realism, even through it evolves a little bit "magic". But a time machine? It is obviously IMPOSSIBLE to travel to the past, actually, it is possible to travel to the FUTURE, but not to the past.

Go back to school, please, before posting. A time machine is stupid? LOL? Are we even watching/reading the same series here? You have fruits that give ridiculous powers to people, ancient weapons that could be "revived" by poneglyphs, and you think Time travelling is stupid? HAHAHA. On top of that, you got people going into space (read previous posts if you can't recall) without any notion of astronomy, just magic that could magically get you up there... ROFL. And I'm the troll?

And yes, in Luffy's main timeline (where he's known as Roger when he goes back in the past), he doesn't know Ace, because Ace can't exist without a father (who is actually Luffy's son, but he had to come back in the past and get married before having one, which he could not have done in the main timeline).

This fucking doesn't have any sense, you are implying that Luffy is Roger, but he doesn't know hes Roger and Roger doesn't know hes Luffy? Or that Luffy had a main storyline that changed after changing the future? This is fucking stupid, because if that is so, it would be IMPOSSIBLE to discover that Luffy is Roger, and even if it was possible, it would make no difference at all, as none of them know each other or share anything, so in other words, stupid plothole. And you ask me "What plothole?", but you know that it is IMPOSSIBLE to make a time travel without leaving dozens of plotholes, unless your series is based on time travel.

Shanks might not have been a pirate without Roger's influence, you don't know, so stop assuming and contradicting stuff on just what you "feel".

Now I raged. Your entire fucking theory is entirely fucking based on YOUR "feelings", on YOUR assumptions, so I do have the right to say and feel whatever I want, just like you did when you shitted this theory.

And no, the story we're following at the moment, the second Luffy according to my theory, could not know if One Piece exists, because he has NOTHING to do with Roger. It's just that Roger was Luffy in another timeline that came back to the past. It's not like Roger's memories should be transferred directly into this Luffy's timeline's head.

So, if hes memories are not transferred, what was transferred? Hes body wasn't transferred (or are you implying that Luffy in the future will be like Roger? Sorry to disappoint you, but Shanks, Ace, Luffy, Roger and many others were exactly the same when child in appearance). If their appearance wasn't transferred, neither the memories, what the fucking was transferred during the time travel?

Tell me what kind of plot holes there are about Luffy being Ace's father; although I know you'll come up with something stupid 'cause you probably couldn't understand anything from the original post.

And now you go attempting to humiliate me, just to show others "Hey, I am a fucking idiot but I can maybe keep my theory alive by insulting anyone that critic it!". A time travel story always have plot holes, saying that this time travel leaves no plot holes is so stupid and ridiculous, as I said before. And... With who did old Luffy had a relationship? And if he did, where is such women now? I am trying to say something, but it is hard to express myself, as I am not a national english-speaker, but what I mean is, following your theory, the women would have known both Luffy and Roger. This is complex, I can't explain that very well, so just ignore this argument.

Anyways, I was expecting people like you to pop out once in a while in threads like these, so I'll bear with it. I'm awaiting your response.

There you go :>
I expected you to be smarter. Let's see what you are going to say now.
Jul 5, 2013 12:52 PM

Jul 2011
You should read up on some SBS and read up on Eiichiro Oda. He's one of the most curious and brilliant persons I know (of). Reading the manga and watching the anime is a bit different since the opening in the anime etc is probably made up entirely by the animation studio.
I don't think there's a way to reason up a theory on how One Piece will end.
Even if someone gets close I don't believe anyone will be able to in the end.
The only one I believe so far is Whitebeards final words.
TeriumJul 5, 2013 12:57 PM
Jul 5, 2013 2:43 PM

Aug 2012
The only theory I believe and defend is: One Piece is a project that will unite all the four seas into one. Basically... By having all the four ancient weapons together, they will have everything they need to unite all the seas in one as I said, they would just need to fire and destroy at exactly the place where fishman island is. You ask me "How will the fishman scape?" Well, simple, they will escape by using the giant boat they have, I forgot the name already. After that, the center of the world will have water from the four seas, resulting at the ocean Sanji dreams so much.

I summed it up ridiculously, if you want to see more, just PM me, the actual theory has more than 150 lines.
Jul 5, 2013 2:58 PM

Nov 2010
lupadim said:
The only theory I believe and defend is: One Piece is a project that will unite all the four seas into one. Basically... By having all the four ancient weapons together, they will have everything they need to unite all the seas in one as I said, they would just need to fire and destroy at exactly the place where fishman island is. You ask me "How will the fishman scape?" Well, simple, they will escape by using the giant boat they have, I forgot the name already. After that, the center of the world will have water from the four seas, resulting at the ocean Sanji dreams so much.

I summed it up ridiculously, if you want to see more, just PM me, the actual theory has more than 150 lines.
The boat's name is Noah. And I think that's a good theory but I don't think it's all of it. How will space come into that? Because space is going to be important, I actually believe that's where Uranus is.

Terium said:
You should read up on some SBS and read up on Eiichiro Oda. He's one of the most curious and brilliant persons I know (of). Reading the manga and watching the anime is a bit different since the opening in the anime etc is probably made up entirely by the animation studio.
I don't think there's a way to reason up a theory on how One Piece will end.
Even if someone gets close I don't believe anyone will be able to in the end.
The only one I believe so far is Whitebeards final words.
There's one that probably isn't it but is a good read becuase it does talk about some things that are probably true is The inherited will theory.
Jul 5, 2013 7:15 PM

Mar 2013
lupadim said:

I didn't expected you to be such an asshole. If you want to discuss with insults, okay. In first place, I thought you had some kind of mental sickness, because thinking that Roger is Luffy after travelling in a time machine is so stupid and ridiculous, but I didn't said anything. Now I am going to say: Go to a doctor. Or maybe you are just trolling. :>

Lol, once again, you didn't understand the original post. Maybe if you did, you'd actually agree a bit more... Tbh, for this whole reply of yours, I just feel like ignoring it, but I'll comment on it anyways. Roger is not Luffy after going back in time, he's a different person. When you go back in time, I mean as in you're an "intruder" in that timespace, you don't actually go back to being a kid, you stay the same age, but your environment is the past... Understanding this, you'll understand why I am annoyed by replying to you, because you didn't catch this from the original post. When Roger went back in time, he wasn't a baby, he was still the same age (~25 according to what I said).

lupadim said:
You are stupid. Yes, you are. OBVIOUSLY, the anime evolves a little bit of magic, but what I was trying to say is that it HAS A COMPROMISE WITH LAWS OF PHYSIC. There is no "magical power" in One Piece that is simply "It makes X happens by magic". All "magical powers" have a "magical trigger", but it causes a lot of effects that would be possible to make at our real world, if we did had the magical trigger. As example: The powder that makes raining at Alabasta. It is not simply a random shit that makes water. It does have some realism, even through it evolves a little bit "magic". But a time machine? It is obviously IMPOSSIBLE to travel to the past, actually, it is possible to travel to the FUTURE, but not to the past.

You're calling me dumb, yet you didn't even grasp what I meant, so Idk what to think of you. Magic with a compromise with the laws of magic? That's contradictory, as magic is something that defies the laws of physics... This is a shounen anime, so I understand they wouldn't go and explain the chemical properties of such powder and all or it'd be too complex, but it's still in a magic universe... you could say they're trying to "predict" items that could be found out later in the real world (ours). Same concept for the Time Machine. How could you tell it's impossible to go to the past? What happens if someone successfully makes it to the past in 100 years from now? It's an idea that could be used irl, thus, not out of place. Time is a very complex notion, as it was invented by man; however, we can see the past because of the speed of light; for you cultural information, looking up in the sky, you might see a star that actually doesn't exist in the present anymore. it's just that the light that emanates from it takes so much time to get to our planet that it seems like if it's still alive, but it's not.

blob said:

lupadim said:
This fucking doesn't have any sense, you are implying that Luffy is Roger, but he doesn't know hes Roger and Roger doesn't know hes Luffy? Or that Luffy had a main storyline that changed after changing the future? This is fucking stupid, because if that is so, it would be IMPOSSIBLE to discover that Luffy is Roger, and even if it was possible, it would make no difference at all, as none of them know each other or share anything, so in other words, stupid plothole. And you ask me "What plothole?", but you know that it is IMPOSSIBLE to make a time travel without leaving dozens of plotholes, unless your series is based on time travel.

Here again, you misunderstood what I wrote. (Go read the first paragraph of this post.) Thus, I don't need to talk about anything, except for this : I still believe it's not too late to use this notion of time travelling in the anime as of now, because we don't know enough of Roger. You keep saying there'd be dozen of plot holes, but maybe that's just 'cause you misunderstood my original post. Tell me what you think the plot holes are, instead of telling me there are dozens that are gonna appear out of nowhere.

blob said:

lupadim said:
Now I raged. Your entire fucking theory is entirely fucking based on YOUR "feelings", on YOUR assumptions, so I do have the right to say and feel whatever I want, just like you did when you shitted this theory.

Man, you're so mad. I can't believe I made you this mad. It's logic that the presence of the Great Pirate Era would COMPLETELY change the flow of events. It's not like all Roger did when he came back was not forget to lock his garage when he left his home to prevent that one time he got robbed, he became the Pirate KING, conquered the seas, assembled a whole crew (and thus implied many people), not to forget he shook the whole universe by saying he left his treasure out there.

blob said:

lupadim said:
So, if hes memories are not transferred, what was transferred? Hes body wasn't transferred (or are you implying that Luffy in the future will be like Roger? Sorry to disappoint you, but Shanks, Ace, Luffy, Roger and many others were exactly the same when child in appearance). If their appearance wasn't transferred, neither the memories, what the fucking was transferred during the time travel?

Here again, I'll redirect you to my first paragraph.
Roger going in the past and changing everything (according to someone, Luffy wasn't even born when the Pirate Era began) would indeed probably have an influence on his appearance. First, he met Ace, which Roger did not in his timeline (because he's his father, rofl) and, second, nothing needs to be transferred in a time travel in the case you're an intruder, a +1 human into this new world (or old, or young, or premature since he comes from the future). Once Roger is in this world (at the age ~25), he ages, has a wife, a kid, etc. He should not have disturbed the world at all, but he got many people implied with him, which does indeed change the outcome of the future (you can't argue with me on this, unless you're some super christian person that thinks that his life is written out on paper instead of it being calculated and that there are completely different possibilities of life - like if you confessed to that girl in high school, your life would be completely different than from it is now).

blob said:

lupadim said:
And now you go attempting to humiliate me, just to show others "Hey, I am a fucking idiot but I can maybe keep my theory alive by insulting anyone that critic it!". A time travel story always have plot holes, saying that this time travel leaves no plot holes is so stupid and ridiculous, as I said before. And... With who did old Luffy had a relationship? And if he did, where is such women now? I am trying to say something, but it is hard to express myself, as I am not a national english-speaker, but what I mean is, following your theory, the women would have known both Luffy and Roger. This is complex, I can't explain that very well, so just ignore this argument.

Humiliate? I'm trying to argue with you, but you had given me no points valid, so I needed something to actually discuss on. I'm not trying to keep my theory alive, if some valid points come in, I just can't say anything, but we're all speculating and discussing on MY THEORY in this thread, so I expect you to come up with good stuff, not random stuff you misunderstood (hopefully you'll understand by now).

Saying a time travel story always has plot holes is just a generalization on your part, admit it. Also, it's not like One Piece doesn't have any plot holes already, so Idk where you're going with this. I don't know with who RogerLuffy had a relationship with, I just said it might've been a red-haired woman, since Ace has traits of a red-haired guy. Roger's wife might know he came from the future, but she might also not know, this is not covered by my hypothesis, so why are you talking about it?

blob said:

lupadim said:
There you go :>
I expected you to be smarter. Let's see what you are going to say now.

Well okay, I hope you think of me differently now. I know you were mistaken and didn't understand the theory at all. Roger coming back in time and being Luffy all this time is completely retarded, I agree with you here, but that's obviously not what I said. Maybe you should revise your lecture before insulting and judging people due to your incomprehension.

Thank you at least for reading my comments all the way.

lupadim said:

I believe it's also a good theory to defend, but since it does not imply Roger into it much, you could also include my story into it. It's not like my story really affects anything that will happen in their further search of One Piece, it's just an epic bomb being launched for complete awesomeness-feels for the viewers, it could just be a movie and be apart of the main story line, it doesn't change the fact that it could currently fit in the story right now (I'm saying this because I haven't noted anything disturbing my theory - I'm excluding you, lupadim, because we're not even talking about the same thing, yet you got mad at me for no reason).

@IntroverTurtle : Why do you think it should go to space? Is there a reason for them to do so? I find it really ridiculous. Like I said in my previous post, just because Enel went there doesn't mean the Mugiwara need to go too. Also, the cover of manga pages show space just because Enel went there, the author often shows some type of side-story of other characters using his cover of chapters.

Jul 5, 2013 7:33 PM

Mar 2013
parfaited said:
My simple response is:

Oh and I know you mentioned timelines but it's still weird for lack of a better word. I don't think I can cope.

READ IF YOU'RE CONFUSED! - not necessarily only parfaited

I'm doing this just because you probably won't read that other comment I just put, but no, it would not mean Luffy is Ace's father. Luffy is not a father of anything and has no GF, he's a kid with the dream to pursue One Piece.

The one who's Ace's father is Roger, which I say he's Luffy, but in another timeline. He gets his kid, Ace, in the present time, but he comes from the future... He's a completely different person.

For you people that don't understand, visualize this :

You have a Time Machine
You say something dumb to your girlfriend and she decides to break up with you because of that.
You decide to go back into the past and fix the problem.

Here's where most people get confused.

1- You can either YOURSELF go in the past, meaning the present just lost a human in you, since you ninja poofed in the past, meaning there'd be TWO of yous in the past, one that tells your past self NOT to say that dumb thing, and one that is probably shitting in his pants 'cause he doesn't understand anything (unless he already has a Time machine at the time and understands).

OR

2- You actually go back in TIME, whereas you're still the same, the present is ERASED, and you restart all over again, but preserve your memory to remember NOT to say the dumb thing to your girlfriend and reinvent a completely different life from then on.

This is where I lost lupadim and a couple of others... except most people probably won't even read 'til here since there was too much spam from the beginning.

In my theory, you'd have two Luffys, so it's similar to option number 1, except that Roger did not go to the past to meet his past self, he did it to revive the heart of the adventurers of all sort to crowd the seas of dreams and hopes like he visualized it.

Maybe he left no indication that he's Luffy, and this would make it pointless to know he was actually Luffy from another timeline that went to the past, but it is still a potentially cool theory that fits in the current storyline.
blobJul 5, 2013 8:21 PM

Jul 5, 2013 8:23 PM
Jul 2012
blob said:

For you people that don't understand, visualize this :

You have a Time Machine
You say something dumb to your girlfriend and she decides to break up with you because of that.
You decide to go back into the past and fix the problem.

Here's where most people get confused.

1- You can either YOURSELF go in the past, meaning the present just lost a human in you, since you ninja poofed in the past, meaning there'd be TWO of yous in the past, one that tells your past self NOT to say that dumb thing, and one that is probably shitting in his pants 'cause he doesn't understand anything (unless he already has a Time machine at the time and understands).

OR

2- You actually go back in TIME, whereas you're still the same, the present is ERASED, and you restart all over again, but preserve your memory to remember NOT to say the dumb thing to your girlfriend and reinvent a completely different life from then on.

This is where I lost lupadim and a couple of others... except most people probably won't even read 'til here since there was too much spam from the beginning.

i understood to those points hence i said that it was plausible, i am incline to agree that blob has thought this through

and lupadim i suggest you watch steins;gate as it shows us both of these phenomenon
Jul 5, 2013 10:15 PM

Nov 2010
blob said:
@IntroverTurtle : Why do you think it should go to space? Is there a reason for them to do so? I find it really ridiculous. Like I said in my previous post, just because Enel went there doesn't mean the Mugiwara need to go too. Also, the cover of manga pages show space just because Enel went there, the author often shows some type of side-story of other characters using his cover of chapters.
One because the cover stories are relevant to the story, they are actually what happen.
First you can look at the Tenryuubitos, they wear suits that look strangely like spacesuits( bulky white suits, lines on the joints, dials, and a helmet). A reader has found that on those suits are dials, dials that are only found in one other place in the whole manga, on the space pirates.
And Enel found that all three races of winged people are from the moon and went down to earth because they ran out of resources. Who's to say that other races on the planet aren't from another planet or moon orbiting the planet. Possibly the tenryuubito's forefathers.

There's how Oda said pay attention to the moons when the manga started and he even named the volumes after moons in the beginning. The picture of the model of the planet with many moons. Possibly the moons being part of the cause of the weird weather on the Grandline.
Raftel could be merely the platform for gaining entrance to space.

And I don't see how it's ridiculous, especially looking at this world and especially looking at your theory of time travel. And what if Raftel, One Piece, or Uranus is up there?
Jul 6, 2013 12:34 AM

Mar 2013
I know, I say I find it ridiculous, but you don't because of the manga page covers (had you not seen them, you'd maybe say the same, but that's hiding what the author actually put up, so it's probably important). I'm not saying it's not going to happen anymore, it actually might, I just don't like that direction, I'd rather if One Piece made you love the sea and voyaging on a boat, not going to space without proper equipment. Do you actually realize how far the moon is to any planet? It's not just a couple of days that could get you there, if on some hacked Sunny boat (assuming that's how they get up), it would probably take a year. Time travelling can be done (not easily of course), but with just a bit of magic and a shounen-type concept like : "The sea holds memories, it holds energy. You can go back in those memories using this [insert weapon/item here]. Watch out though, as you won't be able to go back to your timeline". However, to get up in space and survive, also get to reaches as far as the moon (it's farther than the perimeter of the Earth I believe in our case) in a quick time... It would kill the story. While you're at it, why didn't Enel go and cycle around the world? The bigger the planet, the bigger the distance with its moon, not the other way around (at least I think that's how it works). It's a plot hole in itself that someone could get on the moon. Enel is God though, so luckily he was the one able to, otherwise it'd be weird.... but people coming down from it... Idk, maybe if it took years descending to sea/land.

Anyways, Uranus could be somewhere else; if it's up there though, then they gotta go there. Raftel if I recall is somewhere at the end of the Grand Line, don't remember it being mentioned that it was somewhere else.

I don't think the series would end in space, but meh. I mean, there are no Marines in space (I hope not) and it would sort of defy the current struggle and bounty system, don't you think? Why would you go on the moon, and how can people live on it? The food? Don't tell me they're all carnivores, or else they wouldn't survive long enough. Are there plants on the moon? That implies there's water, which is equal to life. It's not much of a moon anymore, more like another planet right next to them. Moons usually always show one face to the planet they're orbiting around, so one side must be inhabitable, and temperature varies far too much, unless it has a stabilized atmosphere. However, with a face always in the same direction, it's hard to believe an atmosphere could set up on a moon (or satellite, if you prefer).

You see how complex it is?

Time travelling is complex also, but with just some "magic", you can explain it, and it doesn't have much complications other than altering the past/future as a consequence.

This was why I said it was ridiculous at first, I didn't say it just because I wanted to. I know I said One Piece does not apply laws of physics, but there's still a minimum to consider (we do see sometimes some weird phenomena that can't occur on a place like Earth, so you could say it's a magical universe, and seriously not the same as Earth's, but in my opinion, the integration of such new features could create plot holes in the whole story). Such as earlier, when I said Enel could probably cycle the planet instead of going on the Moon; he'd probably be able to find One Piece much faster this way, and so could people with similar powers to his.

Jul 6, 2013 5:34 AM

Aug 2012
I give up discussing, I really can't understand what you mean, them. If there is a time travel, but Roger is not Luffy, neither Luffy is Roger, I can't understand what changed with such time travel. But in my opinion, you created this theory and you weren't thinking that "this is very likely to happen", you created this thinking "I want this to happen", because the anime does give any kind of hint that the time travel ever happened. And I really didn't liked the space stuff, but probably it is just a spaceship full of strong guys that will come to earth and try to kill everyone... (Just like in any pew pew pew shounen)

I mean as in you're an "intruder" in that timespace, you don't actually go back to being a kid, you stay the same age, but your environment is the past... Understanding this, you'll understand why I am annoyed by replying to you, because you didn't catch this from the original post. When Roger went back in time, he wasn't a baby, he was still the same age (~25 according to what I said).

This looks like butterfly effect, but the problem is that if that is so, Luffy would not exist anymore (or Roger would not exist anymore), because once he enters the time travel machine, he disappears at the actual timeline. Following your theory, if Luffy/Roger did stayed at the world, he would be able to activate the time machine thousands of times, creating thousands of "people"?
Jul 6, 2013 9:11 AM

Nov 2010
blob said:
I know, I say I find it ridiculous, but you don't because of the manga page covers (had you not seen them, you'd maybe say the same, but that's hiding what the author actually put up, so it's probably important).
No I still would have said the same, the hints are not only in the manga.

blob said:
I'm not saying it's not going to happen anymore, it actually might, I just don't like that direction, I'd rather if One Piece made you love the sea and voyaging on a boat, not going to space without proper equipment. Do you actually realize how far the moon is to any planet? It's not just a couple of days that could get you there, if on some hacked Sunny boat (assuming that's how they get up), it would probably take a year.
And time traveling is any better? See this is where I starting questioning whether you're a troll or just stupid. The spaceys used balloons(regular small party balloons) to get to the moon and the winged people used them to get down. It's a fantasy anime, you're going to have a hard time comparing it to real life. You forget that you can even breathe on the moon like Enel did, not very realistic. Enel also got there in way less than a year.

blob said:
Time travelling can be done (not easily of course), but with just a bit of magic and a shounen-type concept like : "The sea holds memories, it holds energy. You can go back in those memories using this [insert weapon/item here]. Watch out though, as you won't be able to go back to your timeline".
Time travel would be even harder realistically speaking like you said about traveling to the moon, that's something that's not even possible in this time unlike traveling to the moon, at least yet. You say that time traveling can be done with a bit of magic and shounen type concept. Why the hell can't an even more realistically possible thing like going to the moon be also possible? Even when it's already been shown that you can go to the moon.

blob said:
However, to get up in space and survive, also get to reaches as far as the moon (it's farther than the perimeter of the Earth I believe in our case) in a quick time... It would kill the story.
It wouldn't kill the story because they've been dropping hints about it the whole time. Yours with no proof and that doesn't tie everything together would ruin the story.

blob said:
While you're at it, why didn't Enel go and cycle around the world? The bigger the planet, the bigger the distance with its moon, not the other way around (at least I think that's how it works). It's a plot hole in itself that someone could get on the moon. Enel is God though, so luckily he was the one able to, otherwise it'd be weird.... but people coming down from it... Idk, maybe if it took years descending to sea/land.
What do you mean cycle around the world? It's not a plot hole if the story has said that it's possible, learn what a plot hole is. No it probably took them a day or maybe a couple of weeks using a balloon.

blob said:
I don't think the series would end in space, but meh. I mean, there are no Marines in space (I hope not) and it would sort of defy the current struggle and bounty system, don't you think?
Who said anything about it ending in space? I said it's possible they go to space, they might even go there at the end of the series after everything is done. No it wouldn't, because the war will probably end that stuff.

blob said:
Why would you go on the moon, and how can people live on it? The food? Don't tell me they're all carnivores, or else they wouldn't survive long enough. Are there plants on the moon? That implies there's water, which is equal to life. It's not much of a moon anymore, more like another planet right next to them. Moons usually always show one face to the planet they're orbiting around, so one side must be inhabitable, and temperature varies far too much, unless it has a stabilized atmosphere. However, with a face always in the same direction, it's hard to believe an atmosphere could set up on a moon (or satellite, if you prefer).

You see how complex it is?
You mean see how complex you think it is when you have no evidence from the show. People can breathe in space and get there using balloons, why are you worrying about food and other things like that?

blob said:
Time travelling is complex also, but with just some "magic", you can explain it, and it doesn't have much complications other than altering the past/future as a consequence.
Yet traveling to the moon is far less complex than time traveling and HAS ACTUALLY BEEN DONE UNLIKE TIME TRAVEL.

blob said:
This was why I said it was ridiculous at first, I didn't say it just because I wanted to.
What did some fairy force you to?

blob said:
I know I said One Piece does not apply laws of physics, but there's still a minimum to consider (we do see sometimes some weird phenomena that can't occur on a place like Earth, so you could say it's a magical universe, and seriously not the same as Earth's, but in my opinion, the integration of such new features could create plot holes in the whole story). Such as earlier, when I said Enel could probably cycle the planet instead of going on the Moon; he'd probably be able to find One Piece much faster this way, and so could people with similar powers to his.
Except for IT'S NOT NEW, THEY'VE BEEN THERE THE WHOLE TIME.. Enel's goal was not One Piece, it was the moon, why can't you understand that? There's no reason for him to try and go to Raftel, he probably doesn't even know about it.
Suzune-chanJul 6, 2013 2:53 PM
Jul 6, 2013 10:53 AM

Aug 2012
INtroverTurtle, stop being a manga asshole, I reported your post. Next time, spoil your shit
Jul 6, 2013 10:59 AM

Nov 2010
lupadim said:
INtroverTurtle, stop being a manga asshole, I reported your post. Next time, spoil your shit
Everything that I've said has been where the anime was, the anime just didn't show it. It's not from ahead of where the anime is, so it's not a spoiler.

Did you report that inherited will theory that used stuff from the manga?
Jul 6, 2013 12:00 PM

Aug 2012
IntroverTurtle said:
lupadim said:
Everything that I've said has been where the anime was, the anime just didn't show it. It's not from ahead of where the anime is, so it's not a spoiler.

You said that Enel went to space, and you detailed how everyone went to space. Now I know that Enel will come back to the anime. And the theory man warned that there would be spoilers at the post.
Jul 6, 2013 12:10 PM

Nov 2010
lupadim said:
IntroverTurtle said:
lupadim said:

You said that Enel went to space, and you detailed how everyone went to space. Now I know that Enel will come back to the anime. And the theory man warned that there would be spoilers at the post.
Him going to space and that story was from back near Water 7. So it's not a spoiler.

And you're still not supposed to have a spoiler untagged, even if you tag the title with spoilers.
Jul 6, 2013 12:27 PM

Jan 2013
This would be possible with Fairy Tail, but not with One Piece. Oda has had amazing plot twists and has been building up the plot for years now, I doubt it would be something as lame as that.
Wise shit.
Jul 6, 2013 7:41 PM

Mar 2013
lupadim said:

This looks like butterfly effect, but the problem is that if that is so, Luffy would not exist anymore (or Roger would not exist anymore), because once he enters the time travel machine, he disappears at the actual timeline. Following your theory, if Luffy/Roger did stayed at the world, he would be able to activate the time machine thousands of times, creating thousands of "people"?

@lupadim : Where did you read this? I don't see how it's logic for one to just disappear just because his past self went back in time... Although it's complex.

Also, I did say where I saw hints of this. You're right about the fact I wasn't thinking "This is very likely to happen", it was more of a "This would be epic if it happened, what do you think? Where does this theory fail or could fail?" kind of situation.

@IntroverTurtle : GL getting to moon with party balloons. And what do you mean they don't need to worry about eating? How do you live if you don't eat daily?...

Anyways, since we never saw the moon in the anime (when it's night, it's pretty much cloudy or not there, and it's rarely night in One Piece), just inserting a situation where someone comes from the moon I find is pretty BS-like. Even for the manga, all we saw are covers, but I'm interested in how they'll introduce real moon-material for the series and in that case, it probably isn't anything like the moon, but just another planet nearby, for the reasons I explained earlier...

You never actually refuted my arguments, Turtle, all you did was say that it was more probable than Time Travelling because time travelling was more complex. Well, it's fine for me if you don't want to discuss about it at all and be close-minded, we can end the discussion right here.

Using "fantasy" anime as an excuse doesn't quite cut it with me and that makes me allowed to say it's ridiculous, because that's the whole point of a fantasy anime. So stop getting mad at me saying it, because it is. And so is Time Travelling, so it fits perfectly in this anime.

I do agree with Electuslog that this is more of a Hiro Mashima-type of plot twist. One Piece plot twists are less thought of, in my opinion.

One Piece is weird because you'll find some strangely advanced technology in some places and in others it's back to cavemen and stones - lack of communication between islands although they have phones in the dendenmushi, overpowered fruit users that could gather information, or simply many adventurers. For all we know, there could be a place in One Piece where planes exists or people that can go to the moon in a couple of day by "flying" there, lol... however, luckily for our main characters, they're not interested in One Piece. Hahaha, what a joke, really.

Btw, Electuslog, you clearly haven't been following that this won't disturb the plot much, I mean at first it's a shock, and we'd probably only figure out that Luffy has good potential back-up to become King of Pirates, but we probably already know deep inside that he'll get the title by the end of the series anyways, so it's not much of a plot twist, but it does make the series more interesting, sophisticated, and unpredictable, which it hasn't been for a couple of episodes.

Jul 6, 2013 7:57 PM

Feb 2012
Electuslog said:
This would be possible with Fairy Tail, but not with One Piece. Oda has had amazing plot twists and has been building up the plot for years now, I doubt it would be something as lame as that.

I've read everyone's responses and I'd like to respond to everything, but it would take like 30 minutes haha. I'm just going to quote this response and agree with it. Sorry, but if your prediction was actually true later on that would be the lamest thing ever and I give Oda way way way more credit than that. Dude is genius storyteller.
“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
Jul 6, 2013 8:11 PM

Nov 2010
blob said:
@IntroverTurtle : GL getting to moon with party balloons. And what do you mean they don't need to worry about eating? How do you live if you don't eat daily?...

blob said:
Anyways, since we never saw the moon in the anime (when it's night, it's pretty much cloudy or not there, and it's rarely night in One Piece), just inserting a situation where someone comes from the moon I find is pretty BS-like. Even for the manga, all we saw are covers, but I'm interested in how they'll introduce real moon-material for the series and in that case, it probably isn't anything like the moon, but just another planet nearby, for the reasons I explained earlier...

How is it BS like? And you haven't even heard the explanation. Not really.

blob said:
You never actually refuted my arguments, Turtle, all you did was say that it was more probable than Time Travelling because time travelling was more complex. Well, it's fine for me if you don't want to discuss about it at all and be close-minded, we can end the discussion right here.

blob said:
Using "fantasy" anime as an excuse doesn't quite cut it with me and that makes me allowed to say it's ridiculous, because that's the whole point of a fantasy anime. So stop getting mad at me saying it, because it is. And so is Time Travelling, so it fits perfectly in this anime.
No, you said going to the moon is not possible because it's unrealistic but said time travel could work because shounen manga can change things. You're the one contradicting himself. And there's been no evidence of time travel in the story unlike lets say the connection to space.

And I'm done here. I'm right, you're wrong, no matter what you say, I won't respond.
Suzune-chanJul 7, 2013 7:34 PM
Jul 6, 2013 8:21 PM

Mar 2013
Really? It's hard to accept people saying a theory you've thought of is lame, but if you're too lazy to say why I don't mind.

I thought a time twist would be pretty cool.

By the way, just for curiosity, since I don't find One Piece to be so great (and definitely think it has way too much credit for what it is), which "amazing plot twists" are you guys referring to? When you say genius storyteller, are you talking about One Piece?

Edit :

@IntroverTurtle : Farewell, anyways you were always straying from the main subject, so Idk if calling me a troll is a troll in itself or you have problems discerning your actual location.

When I said it was impossible to go to the moon for One Piece characters, I meant it as comparing their moon to ours in real life. Later on, I said that if their moon doesn't respect any of "real-life's" laws, then it's ridiculous, and then you said it was fantasy. I agree with you, it's fantasy, that's why it's ridiculous. Might as well change everything and make it harder to understand, like going to pay the sun a visit, why not? It's not that hot, and a magma-magma fruit eater could easily go there, maybe One Piece is nearby.

-_-? For your info, I'm not trying to troll and I don't have a mental disease either. You're just hating on me 'cause you're over-sensible, if you're going to get mad or cry over an argument, then that's not my problem and you don't need to pick up insults for it.

Anyways, good job defending your anime series, but I wasn't really attacking it, I'm actually proposing a theory to make it better, and so I wanted ideas as to if it was valid or not. Of course though not everyone agrees, and that's perfectly fine, but here I am waiting for valid points to fight against and all I get are whiney kids that cry over One Piece and just say stuff like "You're dumb", "It's retarded", or giving invalid reasons. At least I think I covered all misunderstandings, but I haven't had any "plot holes" for this theory of mine nor any reasons it couldn't be inserted aside from "The author doesn't do this kind of stuff", which I find invalid because you don't know him. And then you guys will go and say : "It's impossible to predict, he's too awesome", which contradicts what you just said, if you actually knew what he wrote about...

Ugh.
blobJul 6, 2013 11:28 PM

Jul 7, 2013 9:46 AM

Jan 2013
blob said:
Really? It's hard to accept people saying a theory you've thought of is lame, but if you're too lazy to say why I don't mind.

By the way, just for curiosity, since I don't find One Piece to be so great (and definitely think it has way too much credit for what it is), which "amazing plot twists" are you guys referring to? When you say genius storyteller, are you talking about One Piece?

Presuming you've watched all the way to where the anime is now, yes we are talking about the same One Piece. Amazing fights, raw emotional, touching backstories, great connections of things and characters that appeared 300 episodes ago making a connection now take One Piece from the realm of an anime to a masterpiece. Everything is so thought of and every character does his role perfectly.

Don't tell me you weren't sad when Nami stabbed herself? When Zoro cried and promised to get stronger? When Chopper was running up and saw his mentor's hat flying down? When all of Ohara burt to flames as a lonely child sailed on a boat trying to laugh but crying? As a young boy looses everything and is driven by guilt that his creations killed the person he loved the most? Of a man that was cursed for 50 years in the same place seeing his friends rot and turn to bones will having a single promise keeping him sane? When Usopp and Luffy fought and even the merry cried.

Don't tell me you didn't feel so happy when Luffy punched the CD? When Luffy beat crocodile? When Sogeking appeared? When Law saved Luffy? When WB beat Akainu? When Robin said I want to live? When Luffy's ex-enemies joined together at Impel Down?

Don't tell me you didn't laugh at the hundreds of funny scenes that don't ruin the moment that appeared? You didn't laugh at Usopp's hilarious plot-twist in Thriller Bark or at Luffy's plain simpleness?

Don't tell me you weren't shocked at Laboon's connection to Brook, at Rayleigh's connection to Gol D Roger, at the World Government Plot, at Garp at Dragon at so much more.

I doubt you've been honestly looking at One Piece for any reason beside bashing it.
Wise shit.
Jul 7, 2013 2:42 PM

Oct 2010
But how the hell is this a genius move if I may ask? The time travelling thing you bring comes out of nowhere, it is overdone in science-fiction (One Piece is not a sci-fi story) and really doesn't fit the motifs of the series (since it is a very straightforward series, it's absurd to turn it into a mindfuck-like story without a clear interpretation, moreso when you say that this should be the final revelation of the show (¿?)). It's not just that we are fans but that we know what this series bring and how does so and your idea doesn't sound fitting at all, it doesn't solve any mystery, if anything it makes the story more complicated and this is not what One Piece seems to be aiming for.

IntroverTurtle is a whiney kid? Lol, first time I've read such thing.

jal90Jul 7, 2013 2:46 PM
Jul 7, 2013 5:28 PM

Aug 2012
jal90 said:
But how the hell is this a genius move if I may ask? The time travelling thing you bring comes out of nowhere, it is overdone in science-fiction (One Piece is not a sci-fi story) and really doesn't fit the motifs of the series (since it is a very straightforward series, it's absurd to turn it into a mindfuck-like story without a clear interpretation, moreso when you say that this should be the final revelation of the show (¿?)). It's not just that we are fans but that we know what this series bring and how does so and your idea doesn't sound fitting at all, it doesn't solve any mystery, if anything it makes the story more complicated and this is not what One Piece seems to be aiming for.

IntroverTurtle is a whiney kid? Lol, first time I've read such thing.

I can't agree more. You are 100% right.

blob said:

That is the problem. You was simply thinking "Wasn't it cool if there was a time travel?". You know what they say? "The worst liar is the one which believe at hes own lies".

blob said:
Anyways, good job defending your anime series, but I wasn't really attacking it, I'm actually proposing a theory to make it better

If making like the MC is not really him, but him after changing hes future and past and creating "another of him", while also throwing at the series time machines, which totally doesn't fit with anything, you do have mental diseases
lupadimJul 7, 2013 5:32 PM
Jul 7, 2013 10:06 PM

Sep 2008
I think Lupadim's theory makes more sense! Just from a gut feeling kind of thing...not that I have really given much thought myself with regards to the mystery of the One Piece.

Personally, though, I'm just going to facepalm if Oda pulls out some time-travel crap.
Jul 8, 2013 12:19 AM

Mar 2013
Yeah, I realize now it's not a fitting setting for One Piece.

Also, it's my bad for saying it was an end-type of development, that would be weird indeed - I guess it's best intended as a late-mid-type twist.

The only thing I found epic in One Piece was Sogeking, the rest was enjoyable (especially the start), but lately episodes are boring and slow.

And I never disproved of any other theory, I just found the ones around space ridiculous (it's my opinion, nothing you can do about it). The Inherited Will theory is probably close, but it could fail just as well (just seems to have more research to back it up, unlike mine, that came on a random day where I was thinking for too much, lol).

@jal90 : One Piece is not very straightforward, or else it'd contain no filler episodes. I agree that it always progresses when not a filler, but it progresses faster than... oh wait, can't find a slower anime.

Once again, no, I don't have a mental disease, grow up ffs.

@lupadim : The worst liar is the one who accepts his own lies. Well said, was it targeted to me though? I don't see where I lied.

If you really want to know why I think it was genius, then just re-read the whole thread, I don't think you guys can even bare more explanations from me (and I'm lazy, tbh).

I shouldn't have even put this up, but I felt I had to. Good job to you MAL users for just insulting, it felt great. Logically, most people that would agree wouldn't bother to post and be like : "Oh, okay, interesting", and the ones that are pissed, annoyed, or just feel like bashing would obviously post. I was in a losing position, but I'm open to critics, so it was okay overall - maybe I attracted this situation by being too serious? but then again not being enough serious would just be trolling, I actually believe in this, no regrets.

@Electuslog : I have been looking at One Piece for entertainment. The last 50 episodes were just too much and made me sad One Piece got so boring. I sense plot twists coming up, but to me it lost its charm, even more so when what I loved of the series was the adventure at sea and then I'm told it's going to space. Fml.

One last thing. When your anime is over 500 episodes, it's not that "genius" to bring some old people back; heck, it happens in 20 episodes series. Also, most of the greater events happened at the beginning of the series (or at least before the 300 episodes mark). I agree with you it was good stuff, but yeah, I lost interest.

I'm still reading manga though, I'm following it and it's much less time waste than the anime.

This thread is now pretty much pointless. In the end, the main opposing argument was : "It's a shounen, time travelling is too complex. One Piece is not sci-fi, and Oda can't do time twists."

Jul 8, 2013 12:45 AM

Oct 2010
"Straightforward" as in not leaving room for ambiguity when it throws information. Every time there's a mystery there is the certainty that it will be solved, explained and repeated as many times as necessary (sometimes more).

blob said:
This thread is now pretty much pointless. In the end, the main opposing argument was : "It's a shounen, time travelling is too complex. One Piece is not sci-fi, and Oda can't do time twists."

Maybe because it's the only answer this thread deserves. If you don't take into account the nature of the show when throwing your predictions, it's pretty much useless.

And did you even try to counter? Or are you going to resort to the same strategy? As sketchy as you want to make it look, an argument is an argument.
Jul 8, 2013 1:16 AM

Mar 2013
The mystery of Roger being Luffy is solved as soon as an exterior character reveals the truth, may it be an old crew member of Roger that was close to him, or his wife (unless she died, I don't remember what happened to Ace's mom). Maybe important people like Shanks know about it, and that's why he gave him the Straw Hat and held such high hope for Luffy.

Try to counter? I said earlier how do you guys know what Oda writes (if he only wrote one famous story in One Piece)? Do you know him personally?

I thought about this before posting my suggestion, don't you worry. In my opinion, since it was overused in sci-fi anime series, it was the precise reason for it to be used in One Piece... It's not that complex, at least not to people I've talked about it to in real life.

Same strategy? What can I say about One Piece not being sci-fi? I already said it's fantasy so anything goes, but it still ends up being the only arguments that get brought up, regardless of whether I argue or not.

Jul 8, 2013 1:18 AM

Sep 2008
jal90 said:
"Straightforward" as in not leaving room for ambiguity when it throws information. Every time there's a mystery there is the certainty that it will be solved, explained and repeated as many times as necessary (sometimes more).

blob said:

Maybe because it's the only answer this thread deserves. If you don't take into account the nature of the show when throwing your predictions, it's pretty much useless.

And did you even try to counter? Or are you going to resort to the same strategy? As sketchy as you want to make it look, an argument is an argument.

Its the answer this thread deserves, but not the one it needs right now.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1011 Discussion ( 1 2 )

AhriTheS3xyFox - Feb 19, 2022

58 by Marcos-1 »»
1 hour ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 411 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Somebody - Aug 2, 2009

79 by gannoncannon55 »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 410 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hayato_kun - Jul 18, 2009

76 by gannoncannon55 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 409 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hayato_kun - Jul 11, 2009

71 by gannoncannon55 »»
8 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 408 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Hayato_kun - Jul 4, 2009

141 by gannoncannon55 »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.