Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (16) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »
Jul 4, 2013 12:46 AM

Jun 2013
Levi is gay.

...but I'm sure most of you like it and draw yaoi pics of him and Eren. Nasty.
Jul 4, 2013 1:09 AM

Jan 2013
TheUnknownOne said:
Pipoko said:
Cabron said:

Actually, now that I think about it wasn't she eaten by the kawaii titan, which was later killed by Mikasa and Annie? So yeah, it's most likely not Mina's like some fans are speculating and you're right, too, it's a very small chance a Titan just eats one human and there's that thrown up mess, too.

Err, the Kawaii Titan only bit her face off. This is evident in the one panel of Mina being eaten. Her head is too big to be devoured completely, let alone her body. Mina is the only one who interacted with Annie, so it's pretty ridiculous to think it's not her when the following is proven:

#1. Was the only one who sat with Annie.
#2. Had her face in the titans mouth. In other words, died the same way.
#3. Annie would not apologize to some random character. Like, at all, lol.
Wut? It's ridiculous?
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Jul 4, 2013 1:18 AM

Jun 2012
Jyupita said:
Levi is gay.

No, we love to.
Jul 4, 2013 2:55 AM

Mar 2010
MEanimaniac1 said:
Jyupita said:
Levi is gay.

No, we love to.

LMAO HAHA
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 4, 2013 4:54 AM

Sep 2012
GodlyKyon said:
What do people fucking see in Levi?

I think, like Mikasa, people like him because he's a total badass when it comes to fights..

There's a scene in the next arc that will get the average action jockie's action-boner when it's animated.

Other than that, his personality is "dark, gritty, in-your-face" Almost unrealistically in that respect..
MrTankCommanderJul 4, 2013 5:05 AM
Chin-strapped half Scottish man-child suffering from "cant-be-arrsed-itis"

Lives in Oxfordshire, Blighty.

Likes Sainsbury's own baked cookies. And Chips.
Jul 4, 2013 6:11 AM

Sep 2011
Amarrez said:
GodlyKyon said:

Spinzaku: Bishie Spiderman Version

I didn't even notice that he was spinning in the manga, until the Anime showed him doing so. Damn, that much spinning and he's not dizzy, must be a meat spinner.

By the way, I saw that comic in your avatar, it was ridiculously cute.

voll said:
Vox_Populi said:
GodlyKyon said:
Inver said:
overrated shit

I think its overrated, but it is certainly not shit

GodlyKyon said:

So much truth.
Amen. Another convert to our God, Kyon.

*facepalms*

Do as you wish.

MrTankCommander said:
GodlyKyon said:

I think, like Mikasa, people like him because he's a total badass when it comes to fights..

There's a scene in the next arc that will get the average action jockie's action-boner when it's animated.

Other than that, his personality is "dark, gritty, in-your-face" Almost unrealistically in that respect..

A ha... I really can't get myself to like either one of them as much as the other fans do, don't get me wrong, they have their likable parts, but I just don't feel Levi's personality is that unique.

While Eren's isn't either, I could sympathize with him much more in the manga(later on).

Same thing with Christa, but being a nice girl in the anime where its filled by muscular girl, emotionless fighter girls, fujoshi, being the only "weak" girl has its merits.
Hell, she is probably more suited to be a wife than any of the other girls(though Sasha might be better)

Meh... gotta say, Annie is the one for me.
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jul 4, 2013 6:45 AM
Sep 2012
GodlyKyon said:

A ha... I really can't get myself to like either one of them as much as the other fans do, don't get me wrong, they have their likable parts, but I just don't feel Levi's personality is that unique.

While Eren's isn't either, I could sympathize with him much more in the manga(later on).

Same thing with Christa, but being a nice girl in the anime where its filled by muscular girl, emotionless fighter girls, fujoshi, being the only "weak" girl has its merits.
Hell, she is probably more suited to be a wife than any of the other girls(though Sasha might be better)

Meh... gotta say, Annie is the one for me.

I can see why people would like Levi and not just because he's strong. I think the next episode(not recap) shows why people like him. He's very much like Pixis. Plus, his clean freak quirk. Thinking about it, Mikasa really is one of the blander characters. I quite don't hate her because I like her backstory and you don't get competent female characters often in shonen - she isn't as "perfect" as she seems at this point in the anime either, I'm thinking of some of the recent stuff in the manga that will probably not make it into this season, but regardless of that her one-note behaviour about Eren can get pretty annoying and there really isn't much else to her except her development with taking on the responsability of a leader, which I didn't first notice at all.

I have the same problem with Annie as I do with Mikasa, but she seems even blander to me, even with what we know of her in the manga. The mystery surrounding her and all the hints thrown are certainly interesting, but I can't quite pin down her character.

But again, the manga is still on-going. All of these problems with the characters could be gone once the series concludes. Personally my favorites as far as in the manga material are Armin and Sasha.
With the anime I've grown to like Jean more, too.
PipokoJul 4, 2013 6:59 AM
Jul 4, 2013 1:52 PM

Sep 2011
Like GodlyKyon said, I don't see anything in Levi, at least thus far. He just seems like your typical cliched, serious but badass type of character. And we already have Mikasa to fill that role (who is also quite boring), so i don't understand the need for Levi's character.
Jul 4, 2013 2:00 PM

Sep 2011
Alfonse said:
Like GodlyKyon said, I don't see anything in Levi, at least thus far. He just seems like your typical cliched, serious but badass type of character. And we already have Mikasa to fill that role (who is also quite boring), so i don't understand the need for Levi's character.

Actually, I read the manga, and I guess the part that Petra mentions is likable. I prefer him over Mikasa.
Jul 4, 2013 3:17 PM

Apr 2013
GodlyKyon said:
voll said:
Vox_Populi said:
GodlyKyon said:
Inver said:
overrated shit

I think its overrated, but it is certainly not shit

GodlyKyon said:

So much truth.
Amen. Another convert to our God, Kyon.

*facepalms*

Do as you wish.
Our God, Kyon, has just granted us free will. Praise be to Kyon.
Jul 4, 2013 6:59 PM
Jan 2008
Cabron said:
TheUnknownOne said:
Pipoko said:
Cabron said:

Actually, now that I think about it wasn't she eaten by the kawaii titan, which was later killed by Mikasa and Annie? So yeah, it's most likely not Mina's like some fans are speculating and you're right, too, it's a very small chance a Titan just eats one human and there's that thrown up mess, too.

Err, the Kawaii Titan only bit her face off. This is evident in the one panel of Mina being eaten. Her head is too big to be devoured completely, let alone her body. Mina is the only one who interacted with Annie, so it's pretty ridiculous to think it's not her when the following is proven:

#1. Was the only one who sat with Annie.
#2. Had her face in the titans mouth. In other words, died the same way.
#3. Annie would not apologize to some random character. Like, at all, lol.
Wut? It's ridiculous?

Pretty much. The same hairstyle, only character with a somewhat remote relation with Annie and given Annie's personality of making it impossible for her to apologize to a random stranger makes it pretty much certain. Kawaii Titan bit her face off and chucked her aside and then headed to the building where the other titans crowded.

It's pretty much "confirmed", but it's not 100%. It is however considered by both the Japanese audience AND English audience to be Carolina. Mainly cause of the evidence for it and that there's basically no evidence against it.
Jul 4, 2013 8:14 PM

Sep 2011
GodlyKyon said:
Alfonse said:

Actually, I read the manga, and I guess the part that Petra mentions is likable. I prefer him over Mikasa.

For those who haven't read the manga, we're to assume that so far he's as boring as it gets. Hopefully he does gain some sort of development that makes him a unique character. I mean, I can understand him being all serious since he's faced Titans for a while, but the whole hardened from battle trope has been done so many times.
Mikasa is also along the same boat. She has a past, but again this has been done before multiple times (dark past, serious person in the present). The serious attitudes that many anime go for just comes off as silly.

But then again, it's a shonen, so it's understandable.
Jul 4, 2013 8:32 PM
Jul 2013
Shingeki no Kyojin Live Streaming MBS TV JApan on MBS TV Japan
Jul 5, 2013 12:31 AM

May 2013
Levi is such a boss too bad next week is going to be a recap
Jul 5, 2013 1:52 AM

Jan 2013
Whats the OST that plays when they are looking at that ball of human glob and the blonde girl is saying "I'm sorry I'm sorry"
Jul 5, 2013 2:55 AM

Apr 2008
ibrahim2712 said:
Whats the OST that plays when they are looking at that ball of human glob and the blonde girl is saying "I'm sorry I'm sorry"

Sadly that track didn't get included in the first OST
Jul 5, 2013 3:12 AM

May 2013
Wow i must say! Eren is the freaking man! And Captain Levi...CAME OUT OF NOWHERE!! OMG freaking badass is all I can say, great anime and looking forward to what it has left...just don't fuck this one up...please i beg of u....9.0 xD
*insert cringey anime reference here*
Jul 5, 2013 8:48 AM
Jun 2010
Im also very confused at this forum sometimes.

I've read the whole manga a long time ago, and Levi never struck me as a paticular interesting character. Boring and bland tbh.

And now i see all those Levi lovers that couldn't wait for him to appear, im genuinely confused. Why does a 1 dimensional character win over so many other characters that are written ten times better?

Keep in mind that i study story writing at the university, and Levi is what we're taught is a boring character.
Unless you write for naive kids.

I guess I answered my own question.
Jul 5, 2013 8:54 AM
Aug 2012
Lamarq said:

I've read the whole manga a long time ago, and Levi never struck me as a paticular interesting character. Boring and bland tbh.

And now i see all those Levi lovers that couldn't wait for him to appear, im genuinely confused. Why does a 1 dimensional character win over so many other characters that are written ten times better?

Keep in mind that i study story writing at the university, and Levi is what we're taught is a boring character.

tbh...I have to agree with you
I don't find Levi particularly interesting. Maybe later it would reveal some in depth backstory, or since Eren joined the recon squad, it could expand on who Levi is, when he's not making his fans orgasm by owning the titans.
Though I have to say watching Levi own the titans is pretty badass, but not enough that I would consider him an interesting character.
Jul 5, 2013 9:24 AM

Dec 2012
Lamarq said:

1. Oh ...ok?
2. Well, because the history of literature is full of graduates in story-telling and time travel.
Jul 5, 2013 9:36 AM

Jan 2013
Because you can become #1 writer if you do exactly what Mckee says... LOL NO YOU CAN'T.

Kids, do not have blind faith in textbooks and professors.
DawnJJul 5, 2013 9:40 AM
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jul 5, 2013 10:52 AM

Apr 2011
Lamarq said:

Oh geez. We like characters we shouldn't do just because they are boring according to you and your literature studies. And yes, we are probably all naives kids because we like him.

Will people stop complaining about why a certain character appeals to many people just because they don't get why others like him/her?

In almost every episode discussion thread, by the time Levi appeared, there are people questioning why others like him so much. Just stop it already. People like characters that you don't. Simple as that. It's because they appeal to them or because of their reasons or because they just do.

Why is it so difficult to understand that?
Jul 5, 2013 2:21 PM

Mar 2012
Lamarq said:

You don't like a popular character.
You interpret your old text book said that audience should not like that character.
But, audience still like that character.
Therefore, audience must be naive dumb kids.
Thus. You > All the audience

watch out everyone, we got a GENIUS here!

P.S. It is sarcasm. If you call your audience naive because you don't understand them, you should probably give up writing.
leeo268Jul 5, 2013 2:25 PM
Jul 5, 2013 3:38 PM
May 2013
Can't find a thread for these things.
Schedule for ep. 14~17..
ponrJul 5, 2013 4:01 PM
Jul 5, 2013 4:45 PM

Dec 2012
newFlavor said:
Schedule for ep. 14~17..

There was a thread for the adaptation, but I also can't find it. I hope pming didn't erase it.

I'm sorry, did you by chance mean (episode title 16) = chapter 21 (The Gate Opens)?
Jul 5, 2013 5:16 PM
May 2013
zellami said:
newFlavor said:
Schedule for ep. 14~17..

There was a thread for the adaptation, but I also can't find it. I hope pming didn't erase it.

I'm sorry, did you by chance mean (episode title 16) = chapter 21 (The Gate Opens)?
Nope, title of episode 16 is indeed chapter 18 (Now, What's To Be Done? )

I think the new OP will be partial-spoiler from ep. 14~15, it might just show who joined (or not) the scouting squad?
ponrJul 5, 2013 5:23 PM
Jul 5, 2013 5:23 PM

Sep 2011
Alfonse said:
GodlyKyon said:
Alfonse said:

For those who haven't read the manga, we're to assume that so far he's as boring as it gets. Hopefully he does gain some sort of development that makes him a unique character. I mean, I can understand him being all serious since he's faced Titans for a while, but the whole hardened from battle trope has been done so many times.
Mikasa is also along the same boat. She has a past, but again this has been done before multiple times (dark past, serious person in the present). The serious attitudes that many anime go for just comes off as silly.

But then again, it's a shonen, so it's understandable.

No... Not really, theres just a mention of his past from Petra, frankly I don't see whats so hot about him and Eren
Jul 6, 2013 1:42 AM
Nov 2012
episode was everything i could hope it to be.

i thought marco made it :, did he get killed during the attack on the remaining titans?

not seen annie lose her composure like that before. came here to check who it was (Mina)
IkuinenJul 6, 2013 2:26 AM
Jul 6, 2013 3:42 AM

Dec 2012
newFlavor said:
zellami said:
newFlavor said:
Schedule for ep. 14~17..

I think the new OP will be partial-spoiler from ep. 14~15, it might just show who joined (or not) the scouting squad?

Ah, there's a small leftover of this chapter. The usual ratio of adapting is 1.5 chapters per episode. The title for the episode is usually based on the major theme. For example, the title of episode 13 is "Primitive Desire" (= chapter 14), but also includes pages from chapter 18 (Now, What's to be done?) and few scenes from the previous chapter (Wound).
They might pack the assignment decisions in episode 16, but have no idea if and why they would use this title for episode 16. Depends also on the context of the other chapters included.

Haven't seen the new OP yet.
Jul 6, 2013 7:49 AM
May 2013
zellami said:
newFlavor said:
zellami said:
newFlavor said:
Schedule for ep. 14~17..

Ah, there's a small leftover of this chapter. The usual ratio of adapting is 1.5 chapters per episode. The title for the episode is usually based on the major theme. For example, the title of episode 13 is "Primitive Desire" (= chapter 14), but also includes pages from chapter 18 (Now, What's to be done?) and few scenes from the previous chapter (Wound).
They might pack the assignment decisions in episode 16, but have no idea if and why they would use this title for episode 16. Depends also on the context of the other chapters included.

From the synopsis, for ep. 16:

Haven't seen the new OP either, but you can be sure the cast won't be wearing trainee jackets.
Jul 6, 2013 12:10 PM

Dec 2012
newFlavor said:
zellami said:
newFlavor said:
zellami said:
newFlavor said:
Schedule for ep. 14~17..

From the synopsis, for ep. 16:

Haven't seen the new OP either, but you can be sure the cast won't be wearing trainee jackets.

Ha ha, yeah :) Well, at least for the three main characters people can guess the assignment, then we have the Scouting Legion presentation. I don't think they will skip the scene from chapter 18, but how it's going to play out ... we'll see.
Jul 6, 2013 3:04 PM

Feb 2010
GodlyKyon said:

No... Not really, theres just a mention of his past from Petra, frankly I don't see whats so hot about him and Eren

I feel like people shouldn't judge Levi and label him as "typical", "bland", "cliche", or boring when they barely even know him. I'm not saying that anyone who thinks this way is wrong, but we can't completely understand his character enough to make a judgement yet at least so far in the anime. Besides, I don't think he's boring at all, in my opinion, I mean, if you haven't noticed he's not expressionless the majority of the time, but more pissed off and angry. He's actually pretty interesting and mysterious which makes people want to learn more about him...so I guess that's why people are drawn to him?

We don't know much about his past with the exception of some rumors, and for those of you looking out the window questioning the need for Levi's character it's pretty damn obvious. Sure, Mikasa's badass, serious and basically has the same personality as Levi, but would she EVER be willing to kill Eren? I think not.

I'm not saying that he's the only person who is capable of killing him even though Levi claims this. Let's just say, I feel like he plays a large role in what happens in later episodes.

Another theory I have for Rivaille's role as a character is that he definitely serves his role as a corporal, and teaches Eren, our main character and person who will probably decide the fate of man kind some lessons. And discipline.
EarlCielJul 6, 2013 3:10 PM
Jul 6, 2013 3:06 PM

Jan 2013
Recap episode :(
Jul 6, 2013 3:26 PM
May 2013
I so hate myself for this...
600MB for the last 30sec.

ponrJul 6, 2013 3:50 PM
Jul 6, 2013 3:31 PM

Apr 2008
newFlavor said:

Mikasa's face. Holy fuck that looks freaky
Jul 6, 2013 3:49 PM

Feb 2010
newFlavor said:

Well, I love you for doing that! I love that photo. Eren totally deserved that boot to the head, if you know what I'm talking about.
Jul 6, 2013 4:24 PM

Mar 2013
Darklight0303 said:
newFlavor said:

Mikasa's face. Holy fuck that looks freaky

I know right? That's a fucking death glare.
"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
- Douglas Adams

"...but all these feels that are currently assaulting me don't seem to care. Conversely, I'm also aggressively erect at the moment..."
Jul 6, 2013 4:25 PM
May 2013
SupaNiper said:
newFlavor said:

So there is no need to see the episode?? Is everything a recap?
Yes, all recap - done as a flashback from Eren's POV at the dungeon scene from ep. 13.
Jul 6, 2013 4:51 PM

Mar 2013
That was SnK the way I know it!

After the last couple of episodes have been a bit on the slow side, this one did not disappoint!
Jul 6, 2013 6:25 PM

Feb 2013
Bring out yer dead!

Nice soundtrack to this episode though.
Jul 6, 2013 9:52 PM

Aug 2012
Dam that preview from the recap episode. Mikasa with that death stare.
Jul 6, 2013 10:59 PM
May 2013
spotted this from 13.5, but looks like someone already posted it on another board.
added scene (censored in original ep.13 ?)

ponrJul 6, 2013 11:04 PM
Jul 7, 2013 12:31 AM

Mar 2012
newFlavor said:
spotted this from 13.5, but looks like someone already posted it on another board.

0_0
GJ spotting that
I am surprised that it was not censored.
How many milliseconds what that scene?!
Jul 7, 2013 1:33 AM

Apr 2010
They managed to fit 13episodes into 24min, because that's how long the series is without the stretching, and bad pacing huehuehue.
Jul 7, 2013 4:02 AM

Jan 2012
antonn said:
They managed to fit 13episodes into 24min, because that's how long the series is without the stretching, and bad pacing huehuehue.

Keikaku doori! :P
Jul 7, 2013 5:01 AM

Apr 2013
Recap episode, but holy shit the soundtrack.
Jul 7, 2013 5:07 AM

May 2013
The OST is enough to freak me out.
AND THE NEXT EPISODE WILL BE EPIC. Hiroshi Kamiya and Daisuke Ono are there bby.

WHO ELSE WANTS TO SEE THIS SCENE?
Jul 7, 2013 7:24 AM
May 2013
leeo268 said:
newFlavor said:

0_0
GJ spotting that
A full second really. Just long enough to realize the blurred object wasn't some random debris.
Jul 7, 2013 8:42 AM

Apr 2013
newFlavor said:
leeo268 said:
newFlavor said:

0_0
GJ spotting that
A full second really. Just long enough to realize the blurred object wasn't some random debris.

And it was in slow motion.
Jul 7, 2013 11:16 AM

Oct 2007
Amarrez said:
Also, I think it's semi-important to clear something up for anime only watchers.

The corpse Annie is apologizing to is Mina's, the girl who died in episode 5. The anime censored it since her head was essentially bitten in half, but it is her.

^ Appreciate it. Was a bit confused myself
Pages (16) « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Apr 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.