Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 11, 2009 2:00 PM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
May finally got what she deserved! :D
Apr 4, 2010 9:58 PM

Feb 2008
so why excatly does does Layla want Sora to work with someone who intentionally injures his partners in potentially leathal/career ending ways?
Sep 11, 2010 6:53 PM

Sep 2008
Leon's a buttface. Wasn't he just bullying her? When Ken said, at the beginning, that he thought Leon had realised her weakness and was trying to fix it, I was already thinking that Ken was giving Leon too much credit... I think Layla's right. Leon's just afraid of Sora. I think he's maybe intimidated by her ability to make everyone enjoy her performances... And hey, she is skilled as well.
merle_noirSep 14, 2010 5:16 AM
Feb 26, 2013 3:59 PM

Apr 2010
May's character continuously annoys me more and more. she is practically a nuisance rather than a potential plot device. only a brat would storm in uninvited to something Sora was INVITED to do and attempt to smother Sora by bashing her without reservation. what's worse is she wholeheartedly believes it's all fine and dandy to do it.

Layla also disappointed me when she allowed it to happen AND agreed to play May in the act as well. i was expecting her to verbally throw her off the stage and put May in her place... what a letdown
Mar 31, 2013 7:54 PM

Apr 2010
bnaks said:
May's character continuously annoys me more and more. she is practically a nuisance rather than a potential plot device. only a brat would storm in uninvited to something Sora was INVITED to do and attempt to smother Sora by bashing her without reservation. what's worse is she wholeheartedly believes it's all fine and dandy to do it.

Layla also disappointed me when she allowed it to happen AND agreed to play May in the act as well. i was expecting her to verbally throw her off the stage and put May in her place... what a letdown

*nods vigorously*

May 18, 2017 4:14 AM
Aug 2014
Kalos and Layla seem to have undergone some character replacement surgery; don't think they would have put up with the shit May keeps pulling in the first season.
May 18, 2017 4:17 AM
Aug 2014
Kalos and Layla seem to have undergone some character replacement surgery; don't think they would have put up with the shit May keeps pulling in the first season.

Started fast forwarding every time May shows, and I still can only barely make it through.
Sep 15, 2017 6:49 PM
Aug 2011
May is infuriating. I had been really enjoying this but now every time May shows up I rage a little bit inside.

No you do not just go and follow Sora all the way to New York and then ask to take her place. What the actual fuck.

And I agree with Lorenzhno. Layla regressed for me here. I'm actually disappointed because ep. 26 left a really good impression of Layla in my mind but now I don't know what to think.
Sora's turned a bit into a door mat continuously letting herself be walked all over. What happened to all those times she used to speak loudly for herself and others? She was so good at that. Sigh.

Also I can't help but notice that the discussions are off in this thread... we seem to be watching different eps. lol.
standSep 17, 2017 12:13 AM
Aug 3, 2019 5:33 PM

Oct 2012
Layla shows up! I miss her. And I really wish May had stayed aside this episode. I was glad Layla and Sora could talk even with a nuisance there, but WHY does this girl is so freaking jealous of Sora and does everything to get on her way/to copy her? So annoying, oh my god.

The fact that Layla still can see Fool~~~ ♥♥

Lorezhno said:

Started fast forwarding every time May shows, and I still can only barely make it through.

THIS. I wasn't able to take it anymore after episode 31. Whenever she's up babbling about how she's going to beat Sora and how she is oh-so-great I just have to fast-forward. She does absolutely nothing for the plot, holy shit.
Nov 27, 2020 2:53 AM

Oct 2008
Alright, Yuri please come back, and May please get out of the show!! Atleast Yuri’s reason is revenge but May, She just don’t have life!
Nov 27, 2020 8:48 AM
Demon of Hatred

Feb 2015
jestyn said:
Alright, Yuri please come back, and May please get out of the show!! Atleast Yuri’s reason is revenge but May, She just don’t have life!
I want to punch May in the face xD
"Life is too bitter, so coffee, at least should be sweet..." - Hikigaya Hachiman (Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Come wa Machigatte Iru)
Nov 27, 2020 10:23 PM

Oct 2008
cchigu said:
jestyn said:
I want to punch May in the face xD
Yea, she needs to get punished xD. I wish she's a villain that needs to be taken down, she doesn't deserve redemption lol.
Apr 18, 2021 5:36 AM

Mar 2010
Please take me to Off Broadway.
Dec 22, 2023 8:54 PM
Dec 2019
This show actually sucks now. I wish MAL split the seasons because the first half is worthwhile as an old-fashioned "friendship can make it work!" sort of cute anime. But from 26 on it is not just not good but it is straight up dogshit. Even without May and Leon being horrendous annoying-as-hell characters the idea of Sora going all the way back down to being a clueless useless performer that has to "find the answers inside" is boring and terrible writing. Its literally as if season 1 didn't happen aside from the characters Sora met still being around for some reason.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kaleido Star Episode 24 Discussion

gohdan - Feb 4, 2010

7 by Safrichh »»
Feb 27, 7:48 PM

Poll: » Kaleido Star Episode 23 Discussion

gohdan - Feb 3, 2010

9 by Safrichh »»
Feb 11, 8:40 PM

Poll: » Kaleido Star Episode 22 Discussion

gohdan - Feb 3, 2010

13 by Safrichh »»
Jan 6, 7:51 PM

Poll: » Kaleido Star Episode 42 Discussion

gohdan - Feb 15, 2010

5 by LotteGiants »»
Dec 22, 2023 9:05 PM

Poll: » Kaleido Star Episode 31 Discussion

hirahira - Jan 10, 2009

16 by LotteGiants »»
Dec 22, 2023 7:25 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.