Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 24, 2013 12:50 PM

Jan 2012
My favorites are Code Geass, Fate Zero, Steins Gate, Death Note, Chuunibyou, Shingeki, Chihayafuru

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/ecimir&show=0&order=4

If your favorites are among mine and you wold make an addition, please go ahead.
Feel free to recommend something from plan to watch

I am currently watching (of finished anime) Guren Lagan and Kaichou wa Maid sama and I am not satisfied. To much silly and cliche moments in my opinion.

What i like in anime: smart dialogue, mystery, romance, developing characters, epic music, unpredictable plot and emotional feel

What i dont like : battle anime like Bleach or Naruto, over 50 episodes, old animes, fan services, harem or chick shows (like railgun or boku wa tomodachi)
Jun 24, 2013 2:03 PM

Jun 2010
Hajime no Ippo - Best All Rounder Ever!
Jun 24, 2013 2:43 PM

Sep 2010
Gosick

Try it out
Jun 24, 2013 3:41 PM
May 2013
well , Fullmetal alchemist brotherhood great anime
Jun 24, 2013 4:01 PM

Jun 2010
We seem to have the same tastes. I recommend Accel World, also made by the person who made Sword Art Online. And a good shonen series thats underrated but really good would be Medaka Box. Written by the person who made Bakemonogatari. It's a 26 episode anime overall
Jun 24, 2013 4:22 PM

Feb 2013
Death Note
The skull man
Elfen Lied

For some reason your list isnt opening for me. Don't know, if i helped you, but those are the oens that i remembered without searching/overthinking
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 24, 2013 4:48 PM

Mar 2012
Haibane Renmei
The Tatami Galaxy
Kaiji
Akagi
Jun 24, 2013 5:00 PM

Dec 2012
So you like Code Geass? Try Guilty Crown! Guilty crown is my second most favorite anime and it's very similar to Code Geass... the main character however is a bit younger, but there's some amazing graphics!

Also try Mahou Shoujo Madoka (which i'm currently watching)... It's about a bunch of girls (mahou shoujo) but it's NOT cute and innocent!!! There's lots of drama, fighting and wierd stuff going on - It's a bit similar to Steins;Gate in some way...
Jun 24, 2013 5:08 PM

Apr 2013
Mayros said:
Gosick

Try it out

This!
Jun 24, 2013 6:06 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Bounen no xamdou
Eureka 7
Shigurui
The 12 kingdoms
Serial experiments lain
Paranoia Agent
Boogiepop phantom
Kurozuka
Samaurai champloo
Michiko to hatchin
Jun 24, 2013 10:08 PM
Jun 2013
Hagure Yuusha no Estetica
Hunter x Hunter (2011)
K-On!
Highschool of The Dead
Kami nomi zo Shiru Sekai
Dakara Boku wa, H ga Dekinai
Devil Survivor 2 The Animation
Jun 25, 2013 1:20 AM

Dec 2012
Well, it seems you haven't seen fullmetal alchemist Brotherhood. It's 64 episodes, and a shonen, but i wouldn't necessarily call it a battle anime. It has a plot and a lot of it is finding information. There is definitely good action so if you want an anime with no blood then I guess FMAB is out but it's my all time favorite anime.
Jun 25, 2013 2:07 AM

Jun 2007
What i dont like : battle anime like Bleach or Naruto, over 50 episodes, old animes, fan services, harem or chick shows (like railgun or boku wa tomodachi)
What do you count as "old"? And how is Tomodachi Sukunai a "chick show"? It's all harem all the way. And Railgun's also targeted at males; it's like K-On!, if the girls had superpowers and fought bad guys instead of drinking tea and occasionally playing instruments.

Anyway, some possibilities:

Acchi Kocchi (romance, but no harem/fanservice)
Afro Samurai
Air (may seem a bit harem, but it's not)
Alien Nine
AnoHana
Area 88 (TV series is from 2004, so hopefully not that old)
Asura Cryin' (mild fanservice)
Chrome Shelled Regios
Coyote Ragtime Show
Denpa Teki na Kanojo
ef ~ a tale of melodies (not as good as ~memories, but still all right)
FLCL (it's unpredictable, if nothing else)
Fafner
Full Metal Panic Fumoffu/Second Raid
Gun x Sword
Haibane Renmei
Heat Guy J
Kaleido Star (may be a bit predictable, but plenty of "emotional feel" and epic music)
Kanon (2006) (resembles a harem, but isn't)
Kure-nai
Last Exile
Macross Frontier (you don't really need knowledge of other Macross series, though Macross Zero is slightly helpful)
Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha and its sequels (don't let the cuteness fool you, it's bad-ass)
Melody of Oblivion (a bit of an unusual and polarizing series...)
Myself; Yourself
Princess Tutu (don't let the cutesy/fairytale stuff fool you)
R.O.D. OVA & TV (OVA has a little fanservice, TV not so much)
Romeo x Juliet (makes more sense than the play, despite the fantastical elements)
Rumbling Hearts
SaiKano
Samurai 7
Samurai Champloo
Scrapped Princess
Shakugan no Shana (fanservice isn't too intense, and it's only a love triangle, not a harem)
Shigofumi
Shinigami's Ballad
Solty Rei
Spice and Wolf
Starship Operators (cast is a bit heavy on female characters, but there isn't harem/fanservice)
Utawarerumono
Witch Hunter Robin
Wolf's Rain
Zettai Shounen

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts.

Everything that connects to MAL
Jun 25, 2013 5:59 AM

Jan 2012
Some of you should at least had taken a look at my watch-list and didn't recommend me something I already seen.
Some mixed recommendations i see, from terrible and boring to good and intersting. I would be satisfied if you just recommended something you seen a you think it is special.
I dont need your entire watch list.

thanks for replies
Jun 25, 2013 6:58 AM

Feb 2013
Zalis said:
What do you count as "old"? And how is Tomodachi Sukunai a "chick show"? It's all harem all the way. And Railgun's also targeted at males; it's like K-On!, if the girls had superpowers and fought bad guys instead of drinking tea and occasionally playing instruments.

Anyway, some possibilities:

Dat list of animes.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 25, 2013 7:04 AM
Jul 2018
Gankutsuou
Jun 25, 2013 12:42 PM

Jun 2007
ecimir said:
Some of you should at least had taken a look at my watch-list and didn't recommend me something I already seen.
Some mixed recommendations i see, from terrible and boring to good and intersting. I would be satisfied if you just recommended something you seen a you think it is special.
I dont need your entire watch list.

thanks for replies
Everything I listed (which is far from "my entire watched list") was either in the "unique to me" part of the Shared Anime page or your PTW; if you've already seen any of them, blame yourself for not updating your list. I'll be sure not to waste my time providing extensive recs in the future if this is the thanks I get.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but not their own facts.

Everything that connects to MAL
Jun 25, 2013 12:45 PM
Jul 2012
Black Lagoon
Afro Samurai
Baccano
One Outs
Detroit metal city?
redline
Samurai Champloo
Stranger: Mukoh Hadan
Jun 25, 2013 1:53 PM

Mar 2013
Baccano.
Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic
Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai.
Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo
Higashi no Eden
Zetsuen no Tempest
Ergo Proxy

Can't really think of anymore. But you can check out my anime list to find something you might be interested in.

"Even when our eyes are closed, there's a whole world out there that lives outside ourselves and our dreams."
Jun 25, 2013 3:06 PM

May 2012
Claymore
Berserk
Another
Ga-Rei: Zero
Jun 28, 2013 5:53 PM

Jan 2012
Watching Accel world and Skull man
Jun 28, 2013 6:14 PM

May 2013
ecimir said:

What i like in anime: smart dialogue,unpredictable plot and emotional feel

Hunter x Hunter 2011,it's longer than 50 episode but it's too good,you can't miss it only for the number of episodes.
Also,I recommend you Kaiji and Rainbow,they have smart dialogue,emotional feel and unpredictable plot and they both have 25 episodes (tough Kaiji have a second season,Rainbow not)
Jun 28, 2013 6:21 PM

Dec 2012
Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni
Jun 29, 2013 12:50 PM

Jan 2012
Shebadi said:
Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni

I hate different route stories. If they did only one good it would have been great.
Jun 29, 2013 12:58 PM

Feb 2013
Kamisama no Memochou
Jun 29, 2013 2:30 PM

Jun 2013
AllHailTheAnime said:
well , Fullmetal alchemist brotherhood great anime
i agree
Jun 29, 2013 2:31 PM

Jun 2013
Try princess resurrection,also known as kaibutsu ojo,it's worthy watching in my oppinion
Jun 29, 2013 4:06 PM

Feb 2013
Kujoshinigami said:
Try princess resurrection,also known as kaibutsu ojo,it's worthy watching in my oppinion

Don't do it, its not worth it. I stopped watchin' it on 8th episode...
Jul 8, 2013 2:47 PM

Jan 2012
Seen Accel World, it was good, better then SAO in my opinion. Iin the end , after all potential it had, gave feeling of a bit undeveloped story.
Also, seen True Tears (on first search mistyped teats :) ). Didn't like music and atmosphere, a bit too cheesy for my taste but overall very good show.

More topics from this board

» Anime/Manga that revolves around Rain Theem

BroDa2545 - May 5

6 by mo_lave »»
49 minutes ago

» Worst anime ever?

Weltman - 3 hours ago

2 by Oofmastre9000 »»
57 minutes ago

» Any anime/manga with birds as the main focus?

doomteensy - May 3

11 by LoveYourEyes »»
6 hours ago

» looking for animanga/wa/ua like gantz, battle royale, god's will, jagaaaaaan and sweet home

FruitPunchBaka - Today

10 by Toha »»
9 hours ago

» Manga Recomendations

MrShroomzyy - 12 hours ago

2 by ST63LTH »»
10 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.