Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Attack on Titan
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (11) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 »
Jun 25, 2013 3:24 AM
Aug 2012
i know it felt dragged out but it is simply because the anime will catch up the manga in less than no time
Jun 25, 2013 5:43 AM

Sep 2011
TK6 said:
i know it felt dragged out but it is simply because the anime will catch up the manga in less than no time

No, the pacing matched up with the manga pretty fine... Its only slow feeling because you can't just speed through all the chapters like with a manga

What boers me though, is that they need stills for even the most basic scenes. And unlike Bakemonogatari, the stills here aren't creative, or fun to watch at all
"Justice Never Dies!" - Kenji Endou, 20th century Boys
Jun 25, 2013 6:11 AM

Apr 2009
GodlyKyon said:
TK6 said:

No, the pacing matched up with the manga pretty fine... Its only slow feeling because you can't just speed through all the chapters like with a manga

What boers me though, is that they need stills for even the most basic scenes. And unlike Bakemonogatari, the stills here aren't creative, or fun to watch at all

The stills bother me far less than the recycled animation.
Jun 25, 2013 6:37 AM

Jul 2010
Seems like Eren is finally coming back to his senses. Will he be able to still follow through with the plan though?

And what's going to happen to Jean? :O

Jun 25, 2013 7:17 AM

Sep 2012
Onyxthegreat said:
Seems like Eren is finally coming back to his senses. Will he be able to still follow through with the plan though?

You sound like a trailer for the episode.

diyedas said:
This complaining about pacing is getting really ridiculous. I'm the one here with ADD, and the pace hasn't bugged me one bit. This so called "slowness", is nothing compared to some other crap I've seen. I actually prefer this over a show rushing things so fast that you don't even have a chance to catch your breath or focus on all of it.
It's worse if you read the manga. It took about 20 minutes to get to this point in the manga. I wasn't expecting the anime to move as quickly, but I was expecting it to have gotten past here by the halfway point of the show.
Jun 25, 2013 7:21 AM

Apr 2008
Popka said:
Onyxthegreat said:

You sound like a trailer for the episode.

diyedas said:
This complaining about pacing is getting really ridiculous. I'm the one here with ADD, and the pace hasn't bugged me one bit. This so called "slowness", is nothing compared to some other crap I've seen. I actually prefer this over a show rushing things so fast that you don't even have a chance to catch your breath or focus on all of it.
It's worse if you read the manga. It took about 20 minutes to get to this point in the manga. I wasn't expecting the anime to move as quickly, but I was expecting it to have gotten past here by the halfway point of the show.

The halfpoint is more or less next ep so your expectations are technically met.
Jun 25, 2013 7:54 AM

Sep 2012
To be precise the halfway point would be halfway through this episode. And I meant we'd be past this part and moved on to the next already. But it's not a major issue.
Jun 25, 2013 9:00 AM

Jul 2009
Oh there are some extra scenes not on the manga, or i guess they are making the scenes longer so that they can end on a nice ending/hanging ending at the 25th episode.

Epic episodes as usual, that 4 eyed bitch is as annoying as ever same in the manga.
And that Mikasa blush :OOO!!!!

I really like that BGM at near end when Eren was talking back to Armin, giving me goosebumps at same time making me wanna fight titans! xD
オール・イズ・バニッティー

Jun 25, 2013 10:10 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Albeit slowly, the episode was full of pathos, and I was intrigued!
Jun 25, 2013 4:19 PM
Nov 2010
This soundtrack is just way too amazing. Gets my blood boiling at the angry parts and goosebumps at the crazy parts. Can't wait till the next episode!

Mikasa blushing was so cute. xD
Jun 25, 2013 7:44 PM

Sep 2011
Amarrez said:
GodlyKyon said:
TK6 said:

you mean the recaps in the beginning of each show? That's kind of bad too... Seriously, this thing is basically gonna sell like crazy... How can they not have budget for such basic scenes? Sigh
Jun 25, 2013 8:10 PM

Jun 2009
Still a very solid episode. Jean twist was cool considering they have been very consistent. Re-read each chapter with each episode to pass the time to next saturday (course work helps that too :D)
Jun 25, 2013 9:01 PM

Dec 2012
keroroslayer said:
6/10 srlsy this is getting boring, nothing rly happened, even Narutos filler has more storyLine in it than Shingeki overall^%^
I didn't really like this episode either, but that is absolute bullshit. The first two episodes of Shingeki have more story than all of Naruto, and the budget of three episodes is higher than 300 of Naruto Shitpuden.
"Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream!"

- George W. Bush
Jun 25, 2013 9:30 PM

Apr 2009
GodlyKyon said:
Amarrez said:
GodlyKyon said:
TK6 said:

you mean the recaps in the beginning of each show? That's kind of bad too... Seriously, this thing is basically gonna sell like crazy... How can they not have budget for such basic scenes? Sigh

I meant more the recycled animation in the actual anime. When Mikasa killed the titan that was gaining on Eren, it was the exact same animation as when she killed the titan in episode 6.
Jun 25, 2013 9:54 PM

Sep 2011
Amarrez said:
GodlyKyon said:
Amarrez said:
GodlyKyon said:
TK6 said:

I meant more the recycled animation in the actual anime. When Mikasa killed the titan that was gaining on Eren, it was the exact same animation as when she killed the titan in episode 6.

That is... Wow, unacceptable, the BDs better have some serious changes
Jun 25, 2013 11:06 PM

Mar 2013
GodlyKyon said:
Amarrez said:
GodlyKyon said:
Amarrez said:
GodlyKyon said:
TK6 said:

That is... Wow, unacceptable, the BDs better have some serious changes

That's just what you get after an epic 3DMG sequence like in last episode's.
"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
- Douglas Adams

"...but all these feels that are currently assaulting me don't seem to care. Conversely, I'm also aggressively erect at the moment..."
Jun 25, 2013 11:12 PM

Jan 2013
Fanboy: "This animation is not only about action."
Fanboy: "Epic action made up for it."

Behold the beauty of contradiction.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jun 26, 2013 2:38 AM

Mar 2013
DawnJ said:

Alright three things:
First, recognizing the fact that a scene prior to this episode was particularly well animated, and that there would potentially be a bit of quality fallout as a subsequent result is not tantamount to saying "but the epic action made up for it." That implication was all you.

Second, on what basis are you assuming that I [and anyone else you may have been paraphrasing] am a fanboy?

Third, I just read the last 3 pages and I don't think anyone even said the first "fanboy quote." Regardless, they don't even contradict each other to begin with; the first says "this animation is not only about the action," which could be construed in a variety of ways but, supposedly coming from a fanboy, must've been meant defensively. The only context that makes sense in, again, if it were coming from a fanboy, is if he [because women don't exist on these forums] were saying "sure, there isn't much action and a lot of stills, but this animation isn't just about the action." Whereas the second quotation points out that there actually is, in fact, epic action [a consequence of epic animation], which [depending on your personal disposition] makes up for the aforementioned lack thereof. You could simply view the second quote as a correction, and reassurance, of the first.

Lastly, the above 3 don't actually matter, as I was joking to begin with; I find reused animation to be as equally unacceptable as anyone else. The first bit was just to point out your poor habit of selective hearing reading. The second was to point out that you potentially made a biased assumption with little evidence to back it up, and the third was to hammer in the first two.

Fanboys are the plague of any group of viewers, but, to a lesser extent, so are the snobbish people who spend their free time finding ways to denounce them [which you may or may not be, I'm not going to judge].
StickyWizardJun 26, 2013 2:54 AM
This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."
- Douglas Adams

"...but all these feels that are currently assaulting me don't seem to care. Conversely, I'm also aggressively erect at the moment..."
Jun 26, 2013 3:15 AM

Jan 2013
Pusswookie said:
DawnJ said:

Alright three things:
First, recognizing the fact that a scene prior to this episode was particularly well animated, and that there would potentially be a bit of quality fallout as a subsequent result is not tantamount to saying "but the epic action made up for it." That implication was all you.

Second, on what basis are you assuming that I [and anyone else you may have been paraphrasing] am a fanboy?

Third, I just read the last 3 pages and I don't think anyone even said the first "fanboy quote." Regardless, they don't even contradict each other to begin with; the first says "this animation is not only about the action," which could be construed in a variety of ways but, supposedly coming from a fanboy, must've been meant defensively. The only context that makes sense in, again, if it were coming from a fanboy, is if he [because women don't exist on these forums] were saying "sure, there isn't much action and a lot of stills, but this animation isn't just about the action." Whereas the second quotation points out that there actually is, in fact, epic action [a consequence of epic animation], which [depending on your personal disposition] makes up for the aforementioned lack thereof. You could simply view the second quote as a correction, and reassurance, of the first.

Lastly, the above 3 don't actually matter, as I was joking to begin with; I find reused animation to be as equally unacceptable as anyone else. The first bit was just to point out your poor habit of selective hearing reading. The second was to point out that you potentially made a biased assumption with little evidence to back it up, and the third was to hammer in the first two.

Fanboys are the plague of any group of viewers, but, to a lesser extent, so are the snobbish people who spend their free time finding ways to denounce them [which you may or may not be, I'm not going to judge].

My post wasn't to you. Not even inspired(lol) by your post. Don't be upset please.

You know, they are actual fan(atical)boys bashing other [haters/critic-wannabes/mere-anime-watchers] when SnK is criticized. In that case, what's those fanboys' core logic to defend? 'SnK is not all about action'. I'm pretty sure you have seen them. I won't bother showing those to you if you haven't, but I'm not lying.

'SnK is not all about action', this means this anime has some philosophical depth or rich dialogue, intriguing settings and mysteries, and/or whatever more than brainless action. Does it? A matter of opinion, but I've seen better in other mangas, animes, novels and movies. To some people, some shitty(to me) media content can be godsent, I know that. But 'SnK is not all about action' logic is used to retort upon people who is criticizing SnK for whatever reason(lack of action, being dragged tooch, etc.). Do fanboys really want to *discuss* using this argument? Nope. So, I don't respect them and the logic. That's it.
日本人はイッちゃってるよ
あいつら未来に生きてんな
Jun 26, 2013 4:02 AM

Jun 2013
That was quite an intense episode... though i already suspected that the mission would succeed...
Nekomimi!!
Jun 26, 2013 6:17 AM

Mar 2013
DawnJ said:
Pusswookie said:
DawnJ said:

My post wasn't to you. Not even inspired(lol) by your post. Don't be upset please.

You know, they are actual fan(atical)boys bashing other [haters/critic-wannabes/mere-anime-watchers] when SnK is criticized. In that case, what's those fanboys' core logic to defend? 'SnK is not all about action'. I'm pretty sure you have seen them. I won't bother showing those to you if you haven't, but I'm not lying.

'SnK is not all about action', this means this anime has some philosophical depth or rich dialogue, intriguing settings and mysteries, and/or whatever more than brainless action. Does it? A matter of opinion, but I've seen better in other mangas, animes, novels and movies. To some people, some shitty(to me) media content can be godsent, I know that. But 'SnK is not all about action' logic is used to retort upon people who is criticizing SnK for whatever reason(lack of action, being dragged tooch, etc.). Do fanboys really want to *discuss* using this argument? Nope. So, I don't respect them and the logic. That's it.

Don't worry then. My points are only relevant if your reply was about me, and seeing as it isn't, you can disregard everything but 3; though, point three is entirely contextual, so I suppose you can disregard that as well.

Likewise, there's no problem with being vocal about your logical disagreements with AoT fanboys, in fact I would encourage it, so long as you're denouncing actual fanboys and not someone who you misconstrued as one. You seem to be doing the former [I think, though I don't actually know who you were replying to if it wasn't me], so we have no problem.
StickyWizardJun 26, 2013 6:21 AM
- Douglas Adams

Jun 26, 2013 7:08 AM

Aug 2012
Yeah, they better compensate for the slowness of the past few episodes... by making Eren get up on the very first second of the next episode, pick up the boulder, and THROW it to the hole within the 45 seconds! How's that for pacing and build-up compensation?

Okay, jokes aside, I absolutely hated this part of the manga, and I still do. Everything here are just my preferences, but I just hated how people were dying left and right around Eren while they were ALL just waiting for him because he's oh-so-important. I know that he's irreplaceable and that he's the only one who can save mankind at this point, but the amount of people dying around him just can't make up for it for me to actually commend Eren.

But other than that, I still extremely loved every single part of the past few episodes. I have no problem whatsoever with the pacing, because I'm the type who actually likes the fillers they put here because they expand the kinds of situations and personal matters that also happen to other characters, like how Jean and some people were struggling to keep themselves alive while waiting for the objective to be completed. It showed how people would still have conflicts with each other even though they all share the same hope of saving as many people as they can.

It also gives light to how the situation of the main characters are also causing trouble for every other side character at the same time and didn't only worry about the main characters and go, 'Oh, don't worry, the side characters were just sacrificial lambs and expendable delaying tools because Eren needed to get himself sorted out for a few more mins. At least Eren isn't dead. Just wait for him while they get themselves killed to keep Eren nice and cozy there, mmk?'

Funnily enough, it looks like a manga marathoner like me (just to Ch. 19, and in one sitting) views the slowed pace and expanding fillers an extremely good two-thumbs-up and not a drag like almost everyone else thinks it is.
Jun 26, 2013 7:49 AM

Dec 2011
The pacing is quite really slow. I anticipated that Eren would be able to lift the rock in this episode at least...
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 26, 2013 10:16 AM

Mar 2012
Love the fantastic OST in every episode :)
Jun 26, 2013 10:34 AM

Sep 2011
Pusswookie said:
DawnJ said:
Pusswookie said:
DawnJ said:

Don't worry then. My points are only relevant if your reply was about me, and seeing as it isn't, you can disregard everything but 3; though, point three is entirely contextual, so I suppose you can disregard that as well.

Likewise, there's no problem with being vocal about your logical disagreements with AoT fanboys, in fact I would encourage it, so long as you're denouncing actual fanboys and not someone who you misconstrued as one. You seem to be doing the former [I think, though I don't actually know who you were replying to if it wasn't me], so we have no problem.

Better to have moving scenes than to not have them... Point
Jun 26, 2013 4:54 PM

Sep 2012
Oh wow im so proud of Armin taking things in control these past 2 episodes.

I think im really starting to develop some moe love for Riko she truly does touch my heart with that slender body (●´∀`)ノ♡
xD

Maybe whats evers in the basement will help Eren control his power?mmmm just a thought though.

AAAHHH sunday is the last of the Battle of Trost Arc, and im glad!yooosh (ಥ ⌣ ಥ)
Jun 27, 2013 1:03 AM

Apr 2009
Well, that took longer than I expected. They're really extending the Battle of Trost and expecting to end the first half of the anime with it. I previously had *no* big problems with the pacing, but the fact that we're almost halfway through the anime and the Battle of Trost is still not yet over is giving me pause for concern. About just how far we'll be able to go into the story once the second half ends. Not that I liked the Battle of Trost that much in the manga in the first place. There's still plenty of good parts to come after this.

Fiji said:
The pacing is quite really slow. I anticipated that Eren would be able to lift the rock in this episode at least...
Same here.
Jun 27, 2013 8:15 PM
Mar 2012
Just how long does the damn defense of Trost take? I swear, this is going to take up half of the series. How is the series going to have a satisfying conclusion at this rate?
Jun 27, 2013 9:08 PM

Sep 2011
godstriker8 said:
Just how long does the damn defense of Trost take? I swear, this is going to take up half of the series. How is the series going to have a satisfying conclusion at this rate?

I dunno... I thought that the next episode would be the climax, cause, ya know
Jun 28, 2013 1:06 AM

Apr 2008
godstriker8 said:

You are aware the manga is ongoing right? So chill the fuck out there is a point they can leave it off for a second season.
Jun 28, 2013 3:26 AM
May 2013
This episode was great! Jean is in a bit of a tight spot, I'm looking forward to see how he sorts out his 3DMG!!
Jun 28, 2013 8:22 AM

Apr 2011
Kinda off topic but does anyone know if the new OP will air on tomorrow's episode or the next one?
Jun 28, 2013 8:25 AM

Apr 2008
aria93 said:
Kinda off topic but does anyone know if the new OP will air on tomorrow's episode or the next one?

I'd expect it after the recap episode since new arc and all
Jun 28, 2013 8:50 AM

Apr 2011
Darklight0303 said:
aria93 said:

I'd expect it after the recap episode since new arc and all

Oh...And I thought it would air earlier given that the anime has 25 episodes and they would decide to go with: ep.1-13 ''Guren no Yomiya'' and ep.14-25 ''Jiyuu no Tsubasa''.

Anyways, I hope it's a good one. The preview of it was fine but until I listen to the TV version and see the scenes in it, I can't judge.
Jun 28, 2013 9:23 PM
Jul 2011
Maybe it will like SAO, Bakemonogatari, or other animes which split their arcs into 2. So, maybe it will like First half for Trost and the rest is the hunting.

Asuming that, most likely next episode will be the climaks for trost.
Jun 29, 2013 2:45 PM

Dec 2007
Darude said:
Quote me, As the coming episode 13 will be all action and epic ending. I know because I've read the manga. So have some god damn faith you babies.
Jun 29, 2013 3:10 PM

Jan 2013
Can't wait!
Jun 29, 2013 6:33 PM

Jun 2012
Great episode, the action (with the elites, at least) is really good!
More epic OSTs to go with the epic scenes =)
Haha, Mikasa's boyfriend =P

5/5.

Jun 30, 2013 3:33 AM
Sep 2012
Episodes 10 and 11 could easily be only one. Both be developed too slow.
Jul 3, 2013 9:44 PM
Jun 2013
Eren needs to wake up and control the power of that titan, good work Armin. 8.8/10.
Jul 4, 2013 2:24 AM

Jul 2008
Pacing is just fine to me, there's alot of crap they have to get through. I loved the stuff added with Jean.

My only question with the anime is if we get all the way to the next big titan arc.
Jul 13, 2013 1:42 PM

Oct 2012
the ending of this episode was badass >.<
Jul 17, 2013 1:32 PM

Oct 2009
Loverbirds <3

Jul 17, 2013 9:42 PM

Feb 2011
Well that was nervewracking. @_@

If Eren really was Mikasa's boyfriend, wouldn't that leader factor that in his decision, that maybe she was just protecting Eren? At least he could have said that she needed to be careful.

Go Armin! I love those three, they all have their strengths and things that only they can do.

That cliffhanger!
眠れないのは君のせい
Jul 23, 2013 4:37 AM

Jul 2013
Eren...do not pass to the dark side.
He will rise from the deep and kill them all.
ArchmenJul 24, 2013 8:30 AM
Aug 2, 2013 5:15 PM

Dec 2012
Mikasa blussed... 10/10 episode for me.
Aug 3, 2013 11:36 PM

May 2013
Come on, Eren, ACTIVATE!!!!!! >:O

and Jean, get cho shit together, mang!
Aug 24, 2013 3:31 PM

Mar 2010
Blonde did a good job. About time Eren wakes up.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Aug 25, 2013 9:17 AM

Jun 2010
kinda dragged on but the last 10 mins were good.
Aug 25, 2013 10:59 PM

Nov 2012
I have no problems with the pacing. It may appear to be slow, but it doesn't feel forced to me, and they're also enjoyable to watch from how SnK has so far.
Pages (11) « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 »

More topics from this board

» The GOAT first episode

Bolbysaur - Apr 17

42 by BETTY_ »»
Apr 24, 11:28 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 25, 2013

971 by Confessor0 »»
Apr 18, 10:22 AM

» Bug on the app

Jackson_rajkumar - Apr 13

3 by Jackson_rajkumar »»
Apr 15, 4:46 AM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 28, 2013

1651 by c444de »»
Apr 14, 12:43 PM

Poll: » Shingeki no Kyojin Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 27, 2013

940 by 4amps »»
Apr 11, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.