Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Sep 21, 2014 5:34 PM

Mar 2013
You can do particle effects without a computer. It's just really time consuming to animate, so nobody does it by hand anymore.
Sep 21, 2014 5:36 PM

May 2014
because it looks fake and robotic like 90% of the time. appleseed is a good cgi show but thats only because it has movie production values

cgi series are terrible because of lower budget
Kenjataimu mode status: 恒久
Sep 21, 2014 5:37 PM

Mar 2014
Because Japan sucks at making 3D human character models for anime.
Sep 21, 2014 5:59 PM

Jan 2011
I don't.

Must resist urge to make crack about Solvite thread.
Sep 21, 2014 5:59 PM

Nov 2012
Even ufotable doesn't get CGI right IMO. Still unnecessary use of low framerate CG in Fate/Zero. It didn't look bad thanks to otherwise impressive production values surrounding it, but it was still only passable at best. Production IG so far is the only studio I've seen that uses CGI properly and it genuinely enhances the animation to look better than if traditionally animated, mainly because they stick to only using CGI for perspective camera pans over the environment and static objects; no low framerate animated objects.
kingcity20 said:
Oh for the love of
-_- nvm gotta love MAL
Sep 21, 2014 6:56 PM

Jul 2012
mclovinballz said:
Because Japan sucks at making 3D human character models for anime.

FF movies sent you a big hug.
Sep 21, 2014 7:01 PM

Jan 2013
MiniSiets said:
Even ufotable doesn't get CGI right IMO. Still unnecessary use of low framerate CG in Fate/Zero. It didn't look bad thanks to otherwise impressive production values surrounding it, but it was still only passable at best. Production IG so far is the only studio I've seen that uses CGI properly and it genuinely enhances the animation to look better than if traditionally animated, mainly because they stick to only using CGI for perspective camera pans over the environment and static objects; no low framerate animated objects.

Sunrise does good cgi.
Sep 21, 2014 7:03 PM

Jul 2014
I don't really have a problem with CGI. I never really watched an anime with it until I saw Arpeggio of Blue Steel which is completely made in CG. That anime was really good.

Sep 21, 2014 7:05 PM

Jan 2013
Dojourei said:
I don't really have a problem with CGI. I never really watched an anime with it until I saw Arpeggio of Blue Steel which is completely made in CG. That anime was really good.

if you like playdo hair and generic character designs.
Sep 21, 2014 7:10 PM

Dec 2013
What I don't understand is why the hate for rotoscoping. Mind Game, now Aku no Hana and I'm loving this shit LOL. Still much prefer great animation, but...damn.
Sep 21, 2014 7:35 PM

Sep 2014
There's nothing inherently wrong with CGI, but like any tool you have to understand its nuances and its pros and cons and use it to its advantage. That doesn't necessarily mean be safe with its usage, you can be as advantageous with it as you'd like but actually use it properly. By using optical illusions, camera angels and textures you can allow the CG to blend in more with the cel animation. Focus should be on the cel animation while the CG should be used in order to both complement and enhance the traditional animation. Only then will you get something that is seamless and unobtrusive.
Sep 21, 2014 8:09 PM

Jan 2013
This thread shows how much my opinion of anime has changed over the last years.

didnt even realize i started this
Sep 22, 2014 6:29 PM

Mar 2009
CGI is nearly always terrible. Sometimes it's done right, but it seems most often to be a way of cutting costs, and it tends to break immersion. Arpeggio was alright as far as CGI goes, though.
"When he will, the weary world
Of the senses closely curled
Like a serpent round his heart
Shakes herself and stands apart."
- A.C., Equinox I/I
Sep 22, 2014 6:48 PM

Feb 2010
Gymkata said:
What I don't understand is why the hate for rotoscoping. Mind Game, now Aku no Hana and I'm loving this shit LOL. Still much prefer great animation, but...damn.

Watch Baton (anime) or A Scanner Darkly (movie) if you enjoy rotoscoping.
I probably regret this post by now.
Sep 22, 2014 6:55 PM

Feb 2013
SolviteSekai said:
MiniSiets said:

Sunrise does good cgi.

Not always, go watch Zegapain. I like the show quite a bit, but the CGI mech action is terribad
Jan 10, 2016 1:26 AM

May 2015
man just 1 st ep discussion of bubuki buranki.
WHY PEOPLE HATE CGI so much?

Best Shitty Reviews
“Like is like a blank canvas you paint it with whatever you want (colors,blood,sweat,shit etc)”
Current Season rec : Layton Mystery Tanteisha: Katri no Nazotoki File
I am an anime OST Maniac and they play a huge role in my rating for a anime.
interested ?
click the GIF>>>>>
Jan 10, 2016 1:31 AM

May 2015
It doesn't blend well with drawn animation. Not at all. Watching Love Live exposed me to it a lot (previously I had seen it in some fight scenes regarding mechas as well as with CGI cars) and it just looks wrong. The girls in Love Live didn't even seem real to me while they danced; they were almost like representations of the actual characters - kind of like pretending that a plastic figure is the anime character - yeah, it resembles the character, but doesn't really look like them.

Sep 20, 2021 1:39 AM
Jun 2020
Cgi can be hit or miss it can make things look even better if implemented nicely likr for background movements and dynamic camera movements they look so lame in 2d but in cgi they look awesome but it all depends on execution for example that cgi monster in opm s2 looked fucking awesome
Sep 20, 2021 1:40 AM
Jun 2020
gedata said:
SolviteSekai said:

Sunrise does good cgi.

Not always, go watch Zegapain. I like the show quite a bit, but the CGI mech action is terribad
ayy a zegapain fan here too lol man it's a quite undderated mecha
Sep 20, 2021 1:49 AM
Aug 2021
Ask Eren Yeager it's his fault anywa- ( 0.0)
We’re all dead just in different stages
Past and Future
Sep 20, 2021 1:50 AM
Feb 2021
Simply because CGI do not work well with expressing emotion with human, it is why beastar or houseki no kuni work, because they are not human and your brain can excuse them their robotic way of moving. Moreover, by its very nature, cgi can't express some unnatural movement, which weighs down the scene and makes it much less dynamic for the eye, that's why 3D will never take precedence over 2D.
AkihapSep 20, 2021 1:54 AM
Sep 20, 2021 1:53 AM

Feb 2020
because specially in anime it looks pretty bad.

not always, but very often.

but like some other user here write,

it's hit or miss.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» If you could change one anime into being a hardcore ecchi, which one would you pick?

APolygons2 - 7 hours ago

20 by gunny92 »»
54 seconds ago

» Your longest record/streak ( 1 2 )

Yonahim_Zz - Today

56 by weebtoge »»
17 minutes ago

» Do you think Berserk will ever get the adaptation it truly deserves?

Gashadokur0 - Today

26 by ColourWheel »»
20 minutes ago

Poll: » Current MAL Top 10 Most Popular Anime ( 1 2 )

LittleStar - May 4

63 by TitanOfPlasma »»
24 minutes ago

» Do you have a prejudice against people who watch ecchi/hentai?

Dragevard - 4 hours ago

30 by ZakuF_ »»
43 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.