Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Jun 14, 2013 8:50 AM

Apr 2011
Memento02 said:
-Shiori said:
Okay... What the hell just happened...!?
Need more screentime for Akira. She is so damn cute.

This. Surprisingly, despite the fact that we barely saw her, Akira is in my opinion the most interesting character. Hopefully, she'll have a bigger role in the next season.

As for what happened, we're gonna see a rape baby in the next episodes. I vote for a girl. Maybe it could even look like the AI :P

If what most of us think comes true, which is that she is the pilot of the purple Valvrave, then she will get her screentime.

The question is, if she is the pilot, when she will get the Valvrave since I didn't see in the preview pics of ep.11 anything related to her or the purple Valvrave. So, that only leave the last episode for her or she will get it next season.
Jun 14, 2013 9:13 AM
Jan 2013
aria93 said:
Memento02 said:
-Shiori said:
Okay... What the hell just happened...!?
Need more screentime for Akira. She is so damn cute.

This. Surprisingly, despite the fact that we barely saw her, Akira is in my opinion the most interesting character. Hopefully, she'll have a bigger role in the next season.

As for what happened, we're gonna see a rape baby in the next episodes. I vote for a girl. Maybe it could even look like the AI :P

If what most of us think comes true, which is that she is the pilot of the purple Valvrave, then she will get her screentime.

The question is, if she is the pilot, when she will get the Valvrave since I didn't see in the preview pics of ep.11 anything related to her or the purple Valvrave. So, that only leave the last episode for her or she will get it next season.

That would make sense. The purple Valvrave did look like it was some kind of sensing unit rather an attacking one, which would be perfect for her since she's already into information gathering.

She would pretty much be like Kei, the pilot of Purple 2 in Majestic Prince.
Jun 14, 2013 9:17 AM

May 2010
bastek66 said:
This week's twist: Consentual rape

This the only part where I'm very excited the rest was boring
Jun 14, 2013 9:57 AM

Feb 2013
Fai said:
Irenesharda said:
Atexasotaku said:
Fai said:
Atexasotaku said:

Also a shoko and L-elf coupling seems to far-fetched. L-elf turned against his country to save the princess who saved him as a child. I think that L-elf is too loyal to her that he would go for Shoko.

That is assuming that the Princess is NOT "The Fuhrer" :P

Very true, however, i haven't seen anything so far that would point to her being the Fuhrer. Interesting theory nonetheless

She can't be the Fuhrer. They say that the Fuhrer took power 20 years ago, and Lisolette is younger than L-11 and A-3, who are only 17.

not too sure about that.

No, she's definitely younger than him and younger than A-drei who we're assuming is her older brother. And the coup took place before any of the kids were born, since we know for sure that L-elf is 17. And the flashback scene was 10 years ago. Yeah she looks mature, but I would still estimate her being at 15 or 16.
Jun 14, 2013 9:59 AM

Apr 2013
Fai said:
As for rape - well it IS one of the most inhumane acts possible to vomit, only second to cannibalism.
Ok dude your taking this a bit too far.
Jun 14, 2013 10:25 AM
Mar 2011
where is the rape scene?
what i saw is a girl defending herself from being attacked. Attacked as in the attacks she saw Haruto does to other people like biting and sucking their blood. Did she know Haruto was going to screw her in the beginning? i dont think so. But once she knew, she went with it.
"....i am the villain in this story"
Jun 14, 2013 10:38 AM
Jan 2013
Oh, Saki got rape by Haruto, the best part....she seems to enjoy it, too bad for Shoko.

I wonder if a 5th Valvrave will appear on the last 2 eps?
Jun 14, 2013 10:44 AM
Feb 2013
This is all leading up to Haruto becoming a space vampire villain they will have to kill. Fuck yeah, I hate that fucker.
Jun 14, 2013 11:04 AM
Jan 2013
Dat Vampiric Rape! But I think you cant say thats rape, cuz i bet she enjoyed it :P

Overall anime still interests me, will keep watching. I really hope Shoko dies >:O and Haruto will end up with Saki
Jun 14, 2013 11:15 AM
Dec 2012
Wait was she just.... Did he just.......... Okay huh when the AI said she was hungry I did not think it was for that......

And I STILL can't stand Shoko why? No clue!!!!! I guess she's just one of those characters that rubbed me the wrong way. I really hope she doesn't get a Valvrave.
Jun 14, 2013 11:23 AM

Sep 2009
I think people are taking whatever happened at the end far too deeply. I'm sure it'll has some last effect, but it doesn't mean that Haruto will now throw away Shoko.

and...

JeffxBrian said:
el_putazo said:
That's mah boy, get some...
Saki giving in just like that...wasn't expecting that.

Anyway things got really interesting imo, can't wait for next week's episode.

She didn't give in. She was overpowered. She exhibited being raped by being emotionless and calling it a curse. Doesn't mean she gave in. She just lost.

She wasn't emotionless. They had sound and events overlaying it, but I didn't see it that way. We'll find out more in the next episode I'm sure.
Jun 14, 2013 11:25 AM
Jan 2011
Woot, hoooooo, Saki got banged, now only if we could see it uncensored.
Jun 14, 2013 11:26 AM

Apr 2013
Nasty001 said:
Woot, hoooooo, Saki got banged, now only if we could see it uncensored.
doujins incoming.
Jun 14, 2013 11:32 AM

Oct 2007
GuiltyKing said:
jenchiuk said:
Epic episode!!!

Nice reactions from Thunder to find out about the immortality status and it seems like the school is preparing for their next step and for that they will need to elect someone to be president. It was pretty awkward during the elevator scene between Haruto and Takahi and Saki just made it on time to save him. Shoko was cheered up by Haruto and decides to run the election to run a Culture Festival. It was quite weird showing Haruto doing Saki while Shoko was giving her speech but it was a good comparison I guess but it was pretty intense and I was feeling weird for some reason. Seems like Kriemhild and H-neun are both thinking of the same thing and what are they exactly looking for and for what reasons!?

Saki realises that its a curse and although this made sound very stupid but I wonder if shes pregnant but will that mean they will have an immortal baby!? This is turning out to be very interesting and I wonder how this season intends to finish but we learnt a bit about the Valvrave machines and their concept by using the runes.

Looking forward to the next episode!!

5/5

Hahaha oh God this is hilarious in so many ways. Seriously thank you.

The whole show is all over the fucking place and right now I can't help but laugh at it. You'll probably disagree, sym, but enjoying this show for what it is (i.e. a mess) is not possible. I can only laugh about it and enjoy the nice visuals every now and then.

The show is only all over the place if you haven't been paying any attention which judging by this forum a lot of people haven't. If you haven't been able to follow the threads of the plot (many of which have only just started to cross paths) then there's no helping you or anyone else here for that matter.

I swear though some people almost have to be forcing themselves not to see the direction this show has been heading in since episode 4. They're so absolutely fixated on this idea of "hurf durf gotta turn off my brain and watch this show I've decided is just a brainless comedy" that they've fulfilled their own prophecy and now can't even keep track of what's going on. This is why some people should probably just stick to certain genres and more simplistic and straightforward styles of writing because yet again a show by Sunrise proves they just can't handle more complex and separated forms of storytelling in terms of plot threads.

TL;DR: I don't think it's that the writing is "all over the place" that is tripping people up, it's a combination of their own damn ignorance and the fact that the show has 3 distinct layers of plot thread going on. There's the one involving the mystery of the Valvrave, the situation inside Module 77 and it's conflict with the Cain fleet, and the political situation in the rest of the Earth Sphere. That's admittedly a fair bit to follow, but it's still not that hard if you are actually trying.

edit: And if your main priority is wanting to see doujins of Saki getting raped there's probably also no helping you as you clearly just don't care what is going on in the show anyway. I wish people would just drop the pretense already....sigh....
PeacingOutJun 14, 2013 11:43 AM
Jun 14, 2013 11:51 AM

Apr 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:
The show is only all over the place if you haven't been paying any attention which judging by this forum a lot of people haven't. If you haven't been able to follow the threads of the plot (many of which have only just started to cross paths) then there's no helping you or anyone else here for that matter.

I swear though some people almost have to be forcing themselves not to see the direction this show has been heading in since episode 4. They're so absolutely fixated on this idea of "hurf durf gotta turn off my brain and watch this show I've decided is just a brainless comedy" that they've fulfilled their own prophecy and now can't even keep track of what's going on. This is why some people should probably just stick to certain genres and more simplistic and straightforward styles of writing because yet again a show by Sunrise proves they just can't handle more complex and separated forms of storytelling in terms of plot threads.

TL;DR: I don't think it's that the writing is "all over the place" that is tripping people up, it's a combination of their own damn ignorance and the fact that the show has 3 distinct layers of plot thread going on. There's the one involving the mystery of the Valvrave, the situation inside Module 77 and it's conflict with the Cain fleet, and the political situation in the rest of the Earth Sphere. That's admittedly a fair bit to follow, but it's still not that hard if you are actually trying.

edit: And if your main priority is wanting to see doujins of Saki getting raped there's probably also no helping you as you clearly just don't care what is going on in the show anyway. I wish people would just drop the pretense already....sigh....
I lol'd so hard, ty.
Jun 14, 2013 11:57 AM

Oct 2007
OfficialGuts said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

I lol'd so hard, ty.

You only laughed cause you're too ignorant to understand or see what I'm getting at. That's why you right such a short reply that disregards everything I said just as I predicted people on MAL would. You don't even understand the proper response, you've already closed your mind off to the possibility that I am right so yeah do yourself a huge favor and just stick to your safe and straightforward shows instead of trying to comprehend that which is so beyond your scope of understanding that all you can do is laugh as a response.

And you're welcome by the way.
PeacingOutJun 14, 2013 12:02 PM
Jun 14, 2013 12:02 PM

Apr 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:
OfficialGuts said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

I lol'd so hard, ty.

You only laughed cause you're too ignorant to understand or see what I'm getting at. You don't even understand the proper response, you've already closed your mind off to the possibility that I am right so yeah do yourself a huge favor and just stick to your safe and straightforward shows instead of trying to comprehend that which is so beyond your scope of understanding that all you can do is laugh as a response.
Straightforward shows? Baccano's characters and plot is 100x more complex than this crap & this is just 1 example. If you can't handle other people's opinions you should quit online forums.
Jun 14, 2013 12:05 PM
Aug 2012
Kaioshin_Sama said:
GuiltyKing said:
jenchiuk said:
Epic episode!!!

Nice reactions from Thunder to find out about the immortality status and it seems like the school is preparing for their next step and for that they will need to elect someone to be president. It was pretty awkward during the elevator scene between Haruto and Takahi and Saki just made it on time to save him. Shoko was cheered up by Haruto and decides to run the election to run a Culture Festival. It was quite weird showing Haruto doing Saki while Shoko was giving her speech but it was a good comparison I guess but it was pretty intense and I was feeling weird for some reason. Seems like Kriemhild and H-neun are both thinking of the same thing and what are they exactly looking for and for what reasons!?

Saki realises that its a curse and although this made sound very stupid but I wonder if shes pregnant but will that mean they will have an immortal baby!? This is turning out to be very interesting and I wonder how this season intends to finish but we learnt a bit about the Valvrave machines and their concept by using the runes.

Looking forward to the next episode!!

5/5

Hahaha oh God this is hilarious in so many ways. Seriously thank you.

The whole show is all over the fucking place and right now I can't help but laugh at it. You'll probably disagree, sym, but enjoying this show for what it is (i.e. a mess) is not possible. I can only laugh about it and enjoy the nice visuals every now and then.

Kaioshin_Sama you are absolutely right again. But you got to understand that you are trying to talk sense in to little kids with mentality of 5 year old who think their taste is superior but in reality they are totally ignorant idiots. Every time i read those stupid comments about Valvrave i am reminded of a certain 6th grader who watched Death Note and said it sucked because he didn't understand anything. They already decided that Valvrave is going to be comedy, the MC is going to be a weak character etc etc and they are never gonna see plot twist no matter how much we try.

Jun 14, 2013 12:08 PM

Oct 2007
OfficialGuts said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:
OfficialGuts said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

I lol'd so hard, ty.

You only laughed cause you're too ignorant to understand or see what I'm getting at. You don't even understand the proper response, you've already closed your mind off to the possibility that I am right so yeah do yourself a huge favor and just stick to your safe and straightforward shows instead of trying to comprehend that which is so beyond your scope of understanding that all you can do is laugh as a response.
Straightforward shows? Baccano's characters and plot is 100x more complex than this crap & this is just 1 example. If you can't handle other people's opinions you should quit online forums.

I refuse to accept everyone's terrible uninformed and ignorant opinion and them twisting my words around like they love to do. I suppose people think this makes me a horrible person that can't roll with the punches or whatever and I should just accept when people are being retarded about things and twisting my words around to act like I'm making some sort of retarded joke like they are. Don't worry I've heard it all before, I know how this is all supposed to work and what belief system people have signed on to view this show with. I know it's all been predetermined how people will react to everything this show tries to do and that people have stopped paying any sort of attention, but please do not lump me in with your type and then turn around and say something like, "If you can't handle other peoples opinions you should quit online forums".

Once you quote my post and start twisting my words all bets are off buddy. It ceases to become just your opinion.

Dragon_Slayer_X said:

Kaioshin_Sama you are absolutely right again. But you got to understand that you are trying to talk sense in to little kids with mentality of 5 year old who think their taste is superior but in reality they are totally ignorant idiots. Every time i read those stupid comments about Valvrave i am reminded of a certain 6th grader who watched Death Note and said it sucked because he didn't understand anything. They already decided that Valvrave is going to be comedy, the MC is going to be a weak character etc etc and they are never gonna see plot twist no matter how much we try.

I agree, I'm only willing to take this so far, but like I said above once people start trying to twist my words and lump me in with their stupid bullshit all bets are off. I'm only willing to take this so far and I let a lot of things slide and prefer not to waste my breath in those situations, but twisting my words and making light of them is one thing I can't really let go.

You do raise one interesting point that I've noticed though in how people still treat Haruto as the character he was at the start of the show before shit started going south in his life and he found himself in agreement with someone like L-Elf's methods and started drifting from Shoko more and more even before he started to realize it this episode. His life is basically fucked now and I think the show has been doing a good job of portraying that and it's finally starting to come to a head again for him.

Anyway nice to talk to someone that actually gives a fuck here so thanks for chiming in. Greatly appreciated as I love bouncing ideas off of people that are actually willing to listen instead of just rejecting everything I say because of their willfully ignorant mindset about what they watch. It's not a perfect show, but there's quite a bit of interest right now that is actually being decently discussed on other forums. As I pointed out a couple of weeks ago MAL is pretty much still the only forum where people are acting like they were at the start of the show and before events started to take their course and come together. Is it cheesy, yes a bit, is it over the top and play fast and loose with some of it's events and portrayals, I'd say so a little as well, does it completely lack any direction and is all over the place, I really do not think so at all at this stage of the game. The trick is being able to separate these traits which the show has and not just lump them all under one label and viewpoint and then be a loltard about it and then turn around and claim it's the show that doesn't make any sense and lacks direction.

I'm having no trouble following what's going on and seeing the ever interconnecting plot threads so I can't come to any other conclusion than just either people are confusing their own dislike for what's going on with a lack of connectivity and internal logic like they usually do (how something somebody doesn't like automatically becomes a "plot hole" or "cliche/trope" nowadays) or they have already decided to take this angle regardless of the ever mounting evidence to the contrary. If someone want to make an actual argument on how the show lacks any sort of direction or consistency I'd be glad to try to connect the threads for them and show them how that may not be 100% accurate, but I'm only extending this offer to people that actually have an open mind and want to discuss the series without a predetermined agenda.
PeacingOutJun 14, 2013 12:22 PM
Jun 14, 2013 12:09 PM
Feb 2013
Man...was that a rape scene?

Consensual sex?

More like half-half or both. Let's call it consensual rape. :-p

It was a bit surprising though. There are so many clichés being used in this anime, and it feels so much like a 13-in-a-dozen mecha anime... and yet, now and then it really comes of with a surprise. I thought it would follow the classical pattern where the main male character goes with the main female character, and the third parties-in-love all bite the dust. But it now seems to go another way, quite unexpectedly. He first does Saki. Didn't think he would have/ the anime would take it that way - well, unless it wants to go the way of a harem-anime, but that doesn't seem the case.

So, yeah, though the scene was a bit weird and disturbing, I pretty much like it *because* it was weird and disturbing and rather original for its genre. It's the second time the anime pleasantly surprised me, the first one when L-elf & co infiltrate the base and just start killing off everybody - until that point it rather seemed like a meek run-of-a-mill slice-of-life-mecha anime, but that was a twist from the genre. And now this.

Sometimes, the anime annoys me a bit with all the clichés, but it makes up with these scenes a lot. I'll keep an eye on it.
AnimageNebyJun 14, 2013 1:02 PM
Jun 14, 2013 12:13 PM

Apr 2013
Kaioshin_Sama said:
OfficialGuts said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:
OfficialGuts said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

I lol'd so hard, ty.

I refuse to accept everyone's terrible uninformed and ignorant opinion and them twisting my words around like they love to do. I suppose people think this makes me a horrible person that can't roll with the punches or whatever and I should just accept when people are being retarded about things and twisting my words around to act like I'm making some sort of retarded joke like they are. Don't worry I've heard it all before, I know how this is all supposed to work and what belief system people have signed on to view this show with. I know it's all been predetermined how people will react to everything this show tries to do and that people have stopped paying any sort of attention, but please do not lump me in with your type and then turn around and say something like, "If you can't handle other peoples opinions you should quit online forums".

Once you quote my post and start twisting my words all bets are off buddy. It ceases to become just your opinion.
c'mon don't get mad, let's sing jingle bells together #yolo
Jun 14, 2013 12:17 PM

Oct 2007
OfficialGuts said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:
OfficialGuts said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:
OfficialGuts said:
Kaioshin_Sama said:

I lol'd so hard, ty.

Don't think so bro, not with you at least.
Jun 14, 2013 12:37 PM
Oct 2010
dat raepz!!! AI-chan needs to come out of valvrave. her saying sex over and over was funny

not what i expected. guess i might follow next season now
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Jun 14, 2013 12:39 PM

May 2012
Hrm...chances are rather high this could go into a 'haruto is forced to date Saki, doesn't like it, goes back to Shoko' scenario. Or maybe, 'haruto is forced to date saki, starts to find he does have feelings for her, She feels guilty, he goes with Shoko'. Or previous scenario, and he actually ends up staying with Saki.

I'm really hoping he ends up with Saki. Because I honestly think that Shoko would be better off with Akira. they've got a good thing going!

About the 'writing' and whatnot....in my opinion the writing has been horrible the whole time. Yes, before it was ridiculous and hilarious because of how over the top it was, and because of that the bad writing (again, in my opinion) was not as noticeable. Because we were having too much fun with it xD But, now that they've taken the route of being serious, their writing 'skills' are starting to be much more visible. The stuff that happens in this show, while you can follow the plot, doesn't really have any sense to it. You HAVE to be able to suspend belief that a country expelling their entire water supply are going to be okay even though they're out in the middle of space. Or that a military would even listen to the demands of a country that they could just storm and take the robot by force. You also have to ignore things like when Shouko is talking about replacing the prime minister of the country that they aren't, within their own country. Remember: They broke off and made their own country. So why would them picking a prime minister for their own little school country affect a completely different country?

I could go on and on and on. But I'd rather not. The show's still interesting to watch. And that's why I'm still here commenting.
Jun 14, 2013 12:47 PM

Jan 2013
These episodes just keep getting weirder and weirder, and by weird i mean the rape in this episode (O.O)
Jun 14, 2013 1:01 PM

Oct 2011
They kept referencing the Opening song "Preserved" during Shouko's speech.

The Op changed adding Raizo and Kyuuma.

The minute Shouko decided to be Prime Minister, I knew she'd win.

Haruto's urges are taking over and he had a moment with Saki. They are going for Haruto x Saki while poor Shouko has no idea what has transpired.

I can't wait for Akira to pilot the purple valvrave but most likely happen when they reach the moon.
Jun 14, 2013 1:01 PM
Feb 2013
vampko said:
Hrm...chances are rather high this could go into a 'haruto is forced to date Saki, doesn't like it, goes back to Shoko' scenario. Or maybe, 'haruto is forced to date saki, starts to find he does have feelings for her, She feels guilty, he goes with Shoko'. Or previous scenario, and he actually ends up staying with Saki.

I'm really hoping he ends up with Saki. Because I honestly think that Shoko would be better off with Akira. they've got a good thing going!

About the 'writing' and whatnot....in my opinion the writing has been horrible the whole time. Yes, before it was ridiculous and hilarious because of how over the top it was, and because of that the bad writing (again, in my opinion) was not as noticeable. Because we were having too much fun with it xD But, now that they've taken the route of being serious, their writing 'skills' are starting to be much more visible. The stuff that happens in this show, while you can follow the plot, doesn't really have any sense to it. You HAVE to be able to suspend belief that a country expelling their entire water supply are going to be okay even though they're out in the middle of space. Or that a military would even listen to the demands of a country that they could just storm and take the robot by force. You also have to ignore things like when Shouko is talking about replacing the prime minister of the country that they aren't, within their own country. Remember: They broke off and made their own country. So why would them picking a prime minister for their own little school country affect a completely different country?

I could go on and on and on. But I'd rather not. The show's still interesting to watch. And that's why I'm still here commenting.

Yes, compared to SnK and gargantia (and even those falter sometimes), who also had fantasy/SF themes, this one is definitely not trying to be much internally consistent. As you pointed out, some things don't make much sense. That said, it was clear from the start this series was more meant to be 'fanciful', and just as you don't expect in-story consistency with series like Gintanama, you don't really expect much from the standpoint of in-story consistency or realistic settings/behaviour here. One has to set ones' level of suspension-of-disbeleieve quite high, but at least it also never raised such expectations.

As you said, it's still worth watching, certainly with the rather surprising twists they put in there now and then.
AnimageNebyJun 14, 2013 1:05 PM
Jun 14, 2013 1:14 PM
Jun 2013
Since there's enough discussion about the rape scene (anyone denying it is rape should pull out a dictionary or consult a lawyer; you don't want to get in trouble in the future because you make a similar mistake), I'll just stick to my own observations:

When Saki, in the time-skip, talked about "keeping the promise", is it possible she means the promise of killing Haruto? She did promise to kill him if the Holy Spirit ever completely consumed him, and we know it is manifesting itself through him more and more.

What is the deal with the Kaiser and Cain? Is it possible Valvrave technology has its roots in Dorssia? Cain does, after all, have that mark on his neck, and Dorssia knows a helluva lot about the Valvrave program. If it was truly so top secret, how would they know so much?

Shouko should not have been elected; horrible platform. But that's been discussed.
Jun 14, 2013 1:15 PM

Oct 2007
vampko said:

Your not exactly wrong and this isnt stated as an absolute so much as an opinion but I can't shake the feeling that this show and sunrise produced shows in general are far more singled out and criticized for their writing choices than most. There are tons of shows with questionable writing and which are full of tropes or whatever this season but this is the only one that its consistently taken as a huge issue with and so far nobody has managed to justify why that is the case other than it just is. Its been chosen to be perceived in this regard and that's what I think is bullshit.
Jun 14, 2013 1:26 PM

Jan 2012
Wow! I never saw Valvrave get this much attention until this episode. While I am not going to comment if Saki was raped or not (there is enough discussion/agreement on that) I will say that BOTH Saki and Haruto are going to suffer because of this.

Anyways I watched this episode on Crunchyroll and it had the preview for episode 11 and the title of the next episode is :

"Military Tribunal #54"
Jun 14, 2013 1:35 PM
Jan 2013
I want haruto to be with saki instead of shoko and this episode made me real happy but I disliked how he was not conscience about it but oh we'll at least saki let him.
Jun 14, 2013 1:43 PM

Feb 2012
YOLO! This anime keeps delivering wtf moments each episode. I love it.
Jun 14, 2013 2:01 PM

Feb 2012
Noone could tell that Shouko would win! OMG, this anime. Only two eps to go. I still don't know whether to watch the second season or not... but since I survived this one, I guess I'll give it a try. It's pretty damn funny anyway.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
Jun 14, 2013 2:01 PM
Feb 2013
ManusDomini said:
Since there's enough discussion about the rape scene (anyone denying it is rape should pull out a dictionary or consult a lawyer; you don't want to get in trouble in the future because you make a similar mistake), I'll just stick to my own observations:

When Saki, in the time-skip, talked about "keeping the promise", is it possible she means the promise of killing Haruto? She did promise to kill him if the Holy Spirit ever completely consumed him, and we know it is manifesting itself through him more and more.

What is the deal with the Kaiser and Cain? Is it possible Valvrave technology has its roots in Dorssia? Cain does, after all, have that mark on his neck, and Dorssia knows a helluva lot about the Valvrave program. If it was truly so top secret, how would they know so much?

Shouko should not have been elected; horrible platform. But that's been discussed.

Well, it's not THAT clear. It seemed to be rape from one viewpoint, but it could also be seen as consensual from another.

In the end, she let him WITH her approval, after all. In fact, it's not as she didn't want to do it with him from the start; she has been going after him from the beginning. And as we look at it in-story, it's actually him that is having sex without his conscience (and so he didn't really give his consent, so maybe Saki is raping him? Well, that would go a bit far, maybe...). But in as far as that power really overwhelms him and his mind is put aside by it, one could actually make the case it's not him at all f- Saki.

Yes, the question of rape is ambiguous in this case. As I said, it's somewhere in between. Consensual rape doesn't make sense, but it's the closest I ever saw it depicted in an anime. I guess...the bottomline whether it could/should be regarded as rape will come from the reaction of Saki and what she thinks of it afterwards. If she doesn't view it as rape, than it isn't. If she does, well...then *something* raped her, but I'm not sure it's fair to say it was Haruto.

I mean...imagine you are being controlled by some nanobots or other technology and *you* have no control over your body, but something else is (or it removes your conscience entirely)... even if your body f- somebody, would it still be your fault and you bear the responsibility of the actions someone/something else takes *with* your body?
AnimageNebyJun 14, 2013 2:29 PM
Jun 14, 2013 2:05 PM
Jan 2010
this show just reaches a new low every episode
Jun 14, 2013 2:10 PM

Jan 2009
Jun 14, 2013 2:14 PM

Jul 2011
KingLear said:
Noone could tell that Shouko would win! OMG, this anime. Only two eps to go. I still don't know whether to watch the second season or not... but since I survived this one, I guess I'll give it a try. It's pretty damn funny anyway.

That's the perfect word!
Jun 14, 2013 2:15 PM

Apr 2013
ainky said:
KingLear said:

That's the perfect word!
barely made it alive, Date A Live almost served the finishing blow.
Jun 14, 2013 2:22 PM

Aug 2011
ManusDomini said:
I mean...imagine you are being controlled by some nanobots or other technology and *you* have no control over your body, but something else is (or it removes your conscience entirely)... even if your body f- somebody, would it still be your fault and you bear the responsibility of the actions someone/something else takes *with* your body?

Don't bother trying to explain something to people here. It does not matter what you say. They'll continue to talk like "Oh, Haruto raped Saki and betrayed Shouko".
DiceMasterJun 15, 2013 2:41 AM
Jun 14, 2013 2:26 PM

Jul 2011
Saki > All dem bitches.

Hate this "this school is for valvrave R&D and students are potential pilots" plotline though. It's fucking stupid.
The chip in my mind, it summons me.
I gave my life to your machines.
Jun 14, 2013 2:54 PM
May 2013
@Kaioshin
I agree with you dude. I think anime fans now days are so damn spoiled from watching Cowboy Bepop, Gurren Lagann, SnK, Clannad, or whatever highly rated that people like, that they became so intolerant and judgemental with animes that greatly bothers and displeases them.

OfficialGuts said:

Oh look! A attention seeking troll
Jun 14, 2013 2:55 PM

Jan 2009
Well, that was just a little bit unexpected.
Actually, no. Somehow, that wasn't unexpected at all.
But hey, if this means we can disregard any feelings between Shoko and whatever-the-main-character's-name-was-again, then I'm all game. All this show needs is Rukino anyway.
Why did I even come here again?

Edit: Why isn't the show tagged as comedy yet? It's just so hilarious at times.
OosranJun 14, 2013 3:02 PM
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jun 14, 2013 3:16 PM

Sep 2012
Hahahahaha wtf did I just watch??? Was the rape scene really necessary? I get what they were going for and all but damn. Wonder what the relationship between Saki and Haruto is gonna be like from here. Not surprised Saki didn't try to hijack him to stop him since she wanted the D though.
A match made in heaven set the fires in hell
Jun 14, 2013 3:28 PM

Jan 2013
Oosran said:
Well, that was just a little bit unexpected.
Actually, no. Somehow, that wasn't unexpected at all.
But hey, if this means we can disregard any feelings between Shoko and whatever-the-main-character's-name-was-again, then I'm all game. All this show needs is Rukino anyway.
Why did I even come here again?

Edit: Why isn't the show tagged as comedy yet? It's just so hilarious at times.
At least Saki and whatever-the-main-character's-name-was-again, had a good time...
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Jun 14, 2013 3:32 PM
Jan 2013
Needs more rape. Time to rape Shouko and then make it into a harem and then have a schools day ending <3 best anime ever :D
Jun 14, 2013 3:32 PM

Oct 2007
Exblaster said:
@Kaioshin
I agree with you dude. I think anime fans now days are so damn spoiled from watching Cowboy Bepop, Gurren Lagann, SnK, Clannad, or whatever highly rated that people like, that they became so intolerant and judgemental with animes that greatly bothers and displeases them.

OfficialGuts said:

Oh look! A attention seeking troll

It's not even that so much as certain sects of the fandom are so caught up in their own bullshit and pre-conditioning that they can't actually see things for what they are in all that that entails. They see only what is on the surface and what is most convenient for them to talk about and value studio and staff member names more than the content of the actual shows. The fact that so many people are yet again confused by a show that I am having absolutely zero trouble following the plot threads on (see every show produced by Sunrise in the last decade) kind of proves it. Since they have no fucking idea what the fuck is going on you get what you have on this page. Aimless bashing, ignorance and people circle jerking each others one liner put downs of the show and little actual discussion.

Yet I can virtually guarantee if it had a name that people haven't pre-determined needed to be shit on behind it like a Kyoani or a Gen Urobuchi or something behind it people would be singing it's praises instead, not because of the way it's written and produced, but because they've been pre-conditioned to accept things that have those names attached to them. Simple as that.

TheLocalHentai said:
Saki > All dem bitches.

Hate this "this school is for valvrave R&D and students are potential pilots" plotline though. It's fucking stupid.

Why? Justify this statement and elaborate, it's really not that fucking hard and it could lead to actual discussion. Somebody say something of value if you want to be taken seriously. Is everyone too afraid of an actual discussion and having their absolutist statements held to some kind of standard? Is this board literally all full of manchilds or something?
PeacingOutJun 14, 2013 3:42 PM
Jun 14, 2013 4:02 PM

Aug 2010
This anime is awesome. The most unexpected things happen. I ship HarutoxSaki so I'm glad.

5/5
Jun 14, 2013 4:34 PM

Apr 2011
highlights of this episodes:

1) YOLO

2) Rape
Jun 14, 2013 4:37 PM
May 2012
What did I watch?

Jun 14, 2013 4:52 PM

Feb 2013
kaykenner54 said:

Anyways I watched this episode on Crunchyroll and it had the preview for episode 11 and the title of the next episode is :

"Military Tribunal #54"

Here's the vid for all who didn't see it.

Pages (14) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

473 by Archean-Return »»
Feb 13, 7:02 AM

» is it good?

me_good - Mar 24, 2016

2 by RudeRedis »»
Jan 20, 9:37 AM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

432 by neeJay »»
Mar 17, 2023 7:27 AM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 16, 2013

270 by Catalano »»
Oct 6, 2021 11:55 PM

Poll: » Kakumeiki Valvrave Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 9, 2013

342 by Catalano »»
Sep 29, 2021 9:51 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.