New
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 7, 2013 8:20 PM

Jun 2011
deadjames said:
airidas20th said:
Capricious_Smile said:
Makes me wish I had a ps3 :(

You know they are really cheap these days, you could also get tons of used games for fair price. Most of the games on PS3 are really good,unique and polished(I'm talking about exclusives).
I don't know what you consider cheap, but $200 used and $300 new is not cheap for a console nearing the end of its lifespan.

Well I got a PS3+2 controllers+8 games for $259 lol. I consider that cheap. Just look around.
Jun 8, 2013 1:33 AM

Mar 2013
I've pre ordered it :D
I also lol'ed when Gamespot gave it an 8.
Jun 8, 2013 8:15 AM

Oct 2011
8 is the new 0. ;)

Sometimes I think they should completely give up on giving ratings to games. It just doesn't work with audience like this.
Jun 8, 2013 1:07 PM

Mar 2013
elevenletters said:
AbovePsycho said:
I've pre ordered it :D
I also lol'ed when Gamespot gave it an 8.

What's wrong with an 8?

Nothings technically wrong with an 8. But when you have Gamespot giving COD a higher rating than the last of us, it's pretty funny. The review itself was horrible, and the people that raged about it lol. It was a funny insight. I honestly see this game as a masterpiece, like most reviewers gave it.

CloudeJun 8, 2013 2:06 PM
Jun 8, 2013 5:40 PM

Oct 2008
AbovePsycho said:
I honestly see this game as a masterpiece

have you played it?
Jun 9, 2013 12:45 AM

Mar 2013
BigSimo said:
AbovePsycho said:

have you played it?

Yes, I have.
Jun 9, 2013 4:13 AM

Oct 2008
AbovePsycho said:
BigSimo said:
AbovePsycho said:

have you played it?

Yes, I have.

very well. i just didnt think it was out for a couple of days, though i dont know your circumstances...
Jun 9, 2013 4:15 AM

Aug 2012
Looking forward to playing watching other people play this.

.__.
Jun 9, 2013 4:43 AM

Jun 2011
MellowJello said:

.__.

I also watch playthroughs for pretty much all rpgs, but this one of the very few that I want to play myself lol. I even bought a ps3 for it xD Dedication.
Jun 9, 2013 6:35 AM
May 2013
Ambient_ said:
MellowJello said:

.__.

I also watch playthroughs for pretty much all rpgs, but this one of the very few that I want to play myself lol. I even bought a ps3 for it xD Dedication.

Proud of you
Jun 9, 2013 12:39 PM

Oct 2012
My body is ready.
Jun 9, 2013 5:52 PM

Jun 2011
I just realized The Last of Us is rated R18+ in Australia. Omg, if they had passed the bill just a year later, Australia wouldn't have gotten The Last of Us...

And I'm so happy I turned 18 last month TT^TT
Revenant_Jun 9, 2013 6:07 PM
Jun 9, 2013 6:16 PM

Dec 2012
Looks amazing, when's this going to be in stores? :D:D
"Only one with the courage
to shoulder the burden
of their own fate can
be called a hero.."

Jun 9, 2013 8:09 PM

May 2013
Peten00b said:
Looks amazing, when's this going to be in stores? :D:D

14th everywhere but Japan (which is 20th)
Jun 10, 2013 2:51 AM

Feb 2013
Lipi said:
8 is the new 0. ;)

Sometimes I think they should completely give up on giving ratings to games. It just doesn't work with audience like this.
That's why I watch Classic Game Room, they don't give their reviews scores.
Jun 10, 2013 3:13 AM
Mar 2011
Jrittmayer said:
DateYutaka said:
Wasabi said:
DateYutaka said:
yawn is all i can say

Clearly not Japanese enough for you.

hell i still play wizardry though devleoped by Japanese now its still very western in its roots

but in my eyes SMT IV is game of the year

1)Why do you even bother posting? No one gives a shit about your elitist Japanizdabest statements. I see you doing this in almost every thread, you must be really bored or something >_>

2) While it's sure to be good, most people on this site haven't played SMTIV yet since most people on this site don't live in Japan and/or understand Japanese.

3))Don't be a buzzkill, this game looks great and people are excited for it, including me. kthxbai.

1 Thats is your interpretation
2 it wil come out this year ib the US and its not 2 years old like other games that are like it that get parise from around her [ since most people here dod not bgoin with a True SMT game thay wont feel like me abount this]

3 Sorry but like most Us Made games of late its Brown and Gray it may look nice but still Brown and Gray
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

When the union's inspiration through the workers' blood shall run
There can be no power greater anywhere beneath the sun
Yet what force on earth is weaker than the feeble strength of one
For the Union makes us strong
Jun 10, 2013 3:41 AM
Mar 2011
elevenletters said:
DateYutaka said:
3 Sorry but like most Us Made games of late its Brown and Gray it may look nice but still Brown and Gray

What's wrong with brown and gray?

i find it boring to look at that color scheme
"If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine"

Jun 10, 2013 5:52 AM
Apr 2013
Just a warning but the games ending is spoiled on youtube so I would stay away from the comment section.

Looks like a good game, but I wanna see how it compares to Uncharted. What things are similar and what makes it different.
Jun 10, 2013 9:51 AM

Mar 2013
Lipi said:
8 is the new 0. ;)

So true...

3nvy said:
that eoten be eatin the pizza pi

Does anybody know a way that a body could get away?
Jun 10, 2013 9:54 AM

Mar 2013
Makes me want to buy a PS3 now so I can play those Naughty Dog titles.
Jun 10, 2013 1:34 PM

Nov 2009
DateYutaka said:
Wasabi said:
DateYutaka said:
yawn is all i can say

oh and my fave horror game ever is SH2 while not the best made its my fave

A game made by Konami, a Japanese company...lol
Jun 10, 2013 3:54 PM

Feb 2005
DateYutaka said:
i find it boring to look at that color scheme
DateYutaka said:
Contradiction much?
Jun 11, 2013 5:48 AM

Sep 2012
I'm getting this game this week!
Jun 11, 2013 6:19 AM
Mar 2011
Riptos said:
DateYutaka said:
Wasabi said:
DateYutaka said:
yawn is all i can say

A game made by Konami, a Japanese company...lol

but taken very much from westrn horror like king novels

Jun 17, 2013 1:35 PM

Jan 2008
So, has anyone beaten the game yet? Opinions?

I haven't actually beaten the game myself, only about 1/4th done I estimate but I watched my younger brother play most of it and reach the end.

I was a bit disappointed in how it ended, I was expecting a darker ending...

Though overall I am enjoying the game. Bloaters scare the fuck out of me when they grab me. God dam, that jaw ripping.
Jun 17, 2013 1:42 PM
May 2013
Nope Amazon finally gave me my game by Monday ( Not pre-ordering through them again) So I'm only like 50% done
Jun 17, 2013 11:45 PM

Nov 2009
Well, finished it in sunday. Definitely the best game I've played in recent 3-4 years, probably best PS3 exclusive to date.
Paul said:

Funny, I think it was a lot darker than what you've expected.

Jun 18, 2013 12:30 AM

Jul 2008
I've played a couple hours of the game and I have to say it is very well done, but like with most console exclusives I find myself fumbling with shooter mechanics on a console controller. It pisses me off to see a game that is such a good candidate for a pc port be limited to the shit graphical capabilities and terrible controls(lack of mouse and keyboard support) of a console.

Felt the same way about Uncharted's controls, really drains my will to play the game when the difficulty of getting a head shot is equivalent to getting a hole in one on a par 5.
Jun 18, 2013 12:41 AM

Jul 2012
I finished it yesterday. No joke, it's the best game I have ever played, I was hooked from beginning to end.
That ending was something else.

Paul said:

Lol
Num1dad_AsuraJun 18, 2013 12:51 AM
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Num1dad_Asura]
[/url]
Click Here for Sig source
Jun 18, 2013 12:43 AM

Sep 2012
Ambient_ said:
I just realized The Last of Us is rated R18+ in Australia. Omg, if they had passed the bill just a year later, Australia wouldn't have gotten The Last of Us...

And I'm so happy I turned 18 last month TT^TT

australia still would have got it, it just would have been rated MA like it should be.
they really abuse the R rating now for games that are nowhere near R rated

god of was ascension
metro last light
the last of us.

none of these should be anything above MA. theyre only R for the sake of using that rating
Jun 18, 2013 1:30 AM

Feb 2013
Just got to play it today, not that impressed, it's not bad, but it's probably the worst game Naughty Dog has put out, it's not anywhere near the same level of quality of Crash, Jak and Daxter, and Uncharted
Jun 18, 2013 1:37 AM

Nov 2009
deadjames said:
Just got to play it today, not that impressed, it's not bad, but it's probably the worst game Naughty Dog has put out, it's not anywhere near the same level of quality of Crash, Jak and Daxter, and Uncharted

Bad taste is bad.

Jun 18, 2013 1:51 AM

Feb 2013
MajorZero said:
deadjames said:

Bad taste is bad.
Excuse me for not liking games that favor style over substance, I miss when games used to be games, like Mario, Castlevania, and Mega Man, not interactive movies that hold your hand the whole way through under the pretense of having some kind of profound story to tell, that could not be anymore generic and uninteresting.
Jun 18, 2013 1:59 AM

Nov 2009
deadjames said:
MajorZero said:
deadjames said:

Bad taste is bad.
Excuse me for not liking games that favor style over substance, I miss when games used to be games, like Mario, Castlevania, and Mega Man, not interactive movies that hold your hand the whole way through under the pretense of having some kind of profound story to tell, that could not be anymore generic and uninteresting.

So substance = gameplay in your eyes. Now I understand why you still in love with Ninty rehashes.

Jun 18, 2013 5:36 AM

Feb 2013
Finished the game Sunday/Monday. The story's execution was flawless, and it's gameplay was great and easy to get into. I can't wait to find out what the DLC is.. I can't wait for the single player DLC, and there are rumors of another DLC being Co-op.

I wish I had more friends that have a PS3, so I could discuss it with them..
Jun 18, 2013 9:03 AM

Jan 2008
MajorZero said:
Well, finished it in sunday. Definitely the best game I've played in recent 3-4 years, probably best PS3 exclusive to date.
Paul said:

Funny, I think it was a lot darker than what you've expected.

Num1dad_Asura said:
I finished it yesterday. No joke, it's the best game I have ever played, I was hooked from beginning to end.
That ending was something else.

Paul said:

Lol

Yea, I'm aware the choice he made in itself was quite dark

But was expecting more of a bittersweet ending is what I'm saying.
Jun 18, 2013 3:20 PM

Aug 2012
Watching the playthrough right now.

A somewhat slow start, but I'm really pleased with the narrative.

Can't wait to see how it all plays out!
Jun 19, 2013 1:09 AM

Jan 2008
The entire ending can be summed up as

ND stated that dlc and possible future instalments will not have Joel and Ellie as characters
"as far as those characters we are done" they said and that this story is complete.
I already fell in love with those characters so I feel sad having to cope with someone else in the future but well - they didn't fail so far so I will keep my faith in them.

Also - it was like the best prologue/opening sequence in the history of fiction.
Jun 19, 2013 1:14 AM

Nov 2012
To all who finished itI hope you guys answer me :( : How long did it take you? Are you able to choose a mode? What mode did you choose?
Jun 19, 2013 1:18 AM

Jan 2008
At the start you can go easy, normal or hard difficulties (survivor unlocks once you finish the game once).
It took 11h 32m to complete the game on normal although I was so sucked in by the story that I rushed it. If you explore it will easily take you much more.
I am playing on survivor now and it's totally a different thing - it will take me at least 20h I suppose especially since I intend to do way more exploration than last time.
Jun 19, 2013 1:34 AM

Nov 2009
Werchiel said:
Also - it was like the best prologue/opening sequence in the history of fiction.

I can't say for the whole fiction, but for video games definitely.

Also

Jun 19, 2013 1:34 AM

Nov 2012
Werchiel said:
At the start you can go easy, normal or hard difficulties (survivor unlocks once you finish the game once).
It took 11h 32m to complete the game on normal although I was so sucked in by the story that I rushed it. If you explore it will easily take you much more.
I am playing on survivor now and it's totally a different thing - it will take me at least 20h I suppose especially since I intend to do way more exploration than last time.
I see I see, thanks!
Jun 19, 2013 2:39 AM

Feb 2013
MajorZero said:
deadjames said:
MajorZero said:
deadjames said:

Bad taste is bad.

So substance = gameplay in your eyes. Now I understand why you still in love with Ninty rehashes.
The Last of Us is basically just a rehashing of Uncharted, it's the same engine, with virtually the same combat, they just made the controls awkward and frustrating.
Jun 19, 2013 3:07 AM

Nov 2009
deadjames said:
The Last of Us is basically just a rehashing of Uncharted, it's the same engine, with virtually the same combat, they just made the controls awkward and frustrating.

Really? This is exactly why they feels entirely different from each other, because TLOU is rehash. Sorry you still not grew up from platformer pants.

Jun 19, 2013 3:27 AM

Feb 2013
MajorZero said:
deadjames said:

Really? This is exactly why they feels entirely different from each other, because TLOU is rehash. Sorry you still not grew up from platformer pants.
They barely feel different, the combat feels exactly the same, only clunkier, they just took Uncharted and gave Resident Evil's camera.
Jun 19, 2013 4:02 AM

Jan 2008
While I do admit TLOU has some similarities to Uncharted it is mainly in the way plot is told, the enjoyment I had to characters (which is incredibly high as in both cases I love almost the entire cast) and the general feel of being a member of an epic adventure.
I never had any issues with combbat in TLOU (maybe only on survivor cause it's hard as hell but it's not a bad thing) even though I kinda suck in these kinds of games so I would say it even felt better than uncharted for me privately.
Jun 19, 2013 4:30 AM

Nov 2009
deadjames said:
They barely feel different, the combat feels exactly the same, only clunkier, they just took Uncharted and gave Resident Evil's camera.

Good half of UC mechanic is stealth? Do you lack ammo in UC? Do you can craft and upgrade weapons in UC? Okay, I give you one real thing they share, fucking boost up, that's about it. I hope you have no problem with understanding differences in atmosphere, because it'll be just stupid. Besides, clunky controls =/= my skills sucks, so yeah.

Just one question, why do you slamming your opinion? I mean, you didn't like it, that's ok, but why do you feel the need to convince us in your rightness?
MajorZeroJun 19, 2013 4:48 AM

Jun 19, 2013 9:10 AM

May 2013
Addressing a few things

Uncharted and TLOU are similar in gunplay, and little else. Uncharted is blatantly an rompy action adventure game. TLOU is a mature and brutal survival horror game. The entire feel the combat is completely different. If you try to play TLOU like Uncharted, you will die and die a lot. The melee is onyl similar in some of the button inputs. The stealth is only similar in that you can take people out from behind. There are so many more layers to TLOU with so many more systems, it forces you to be strategic.

The time of the game seems to generally vary from 12-18 hours, for those curious. 14-16 hours seems the norm. I've seen some people claim up to 26 hours, though,

For the ending...

As for the gunplay feel itself, I read a really interesting take on it on a another board. This person, who apparently lived in another country, recounted a time where they themselves found themselves in a gunfight. They said that the sort of fumbling and not precise gunplay of TLOU was almost spot on to how it actually felt being in a real scenario of a gunfight of those sorts.
Jun 19, 2013 12:43 PM

Feb 2013
MajorZero said:
deadjames said:

Good half of UC mechanic is stealth? Do you lack ammo in UC? Do you can craft and upgrade weapons in UC? Okay, I give you one real thing they share, fucking boost up, that's about it. I hope you have no problem with understanding differences in atmosphere, because it'll be just stupid. Besides, clunky controls =/= my skills sucks, so yeah.

Just one question, why do you slamming your opinion? I mean, you didn't like it, that's ok, but why do you feel the need to convince us in your rightness?
Woah, I'm slamming my opinion? You're the one who attacked me for not liking it by making a snarky comment. Also, yes Uncharted does have a lot of emphasis on stealth, and lack of ammo doesn't change the gameplay, it just means enemies have lower drop rates, and no you can't upgrade weapons in Uncharted, but that again doesn't affect the core gameplay, and I prefer games without upgrade systems because they add a layer of tedium to the games that really just exist to make it feel longer, atmopshere also doesn't affect gameplay, and no clunky controls = clunky controls, unlike Naughty Dog's other games like Crash and Jak and Daxter, The Last of Us requires very little actual skill.
Jun 19, 2013 12:44 PM

Feb 2013
lx_theo said:
Addressing a few things

Uncharted and TLOU are similar in gunplay, and little else. Uncharted is blatantly an rompy action adventure game. TLOU is a mature and brutal survival horror game. The entire feel the combat is completely different. If you try to play TLOU like Uncharted, you will die and die a lot. The melee is onyl similar in some of the button inputs. The stealth is only similar in that you can take people out from behind. There are so many more layers to TLOU with so many more systems, it forces you to be strategic.

The time of the game seems to generally vary from 12-18 hours, for those curious. 14-16 hours seems the norm. I've seen some people claim up to 26 hours, though,

For the ending...

As for the gunplay feel itself, I read a really interesting take on it on a another board. This person, who apparently lived in another country, recounted a time where they themselves found themselves in a gunfight. They said that the sort of fumbling and not precise gunplay of TLOU was almost spot on to how it actually felt being in a real scenario of a gunfight of those sorts.
Be that as it may games should not strive for that level of realism because it's not fun, it's tedious and frustrating.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

» Pokemon : Which legendary pokemon have you randomly came across without looking up their location?

Thy-Veseveia - Apr 9

4 by DreamWindow »»
13 minutes ago

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

57 by DreamingBeats »»
1 hour ago

» Looking for more Anime Pixel Games

Astachanna - Apr 4

12 by Astachanna »»
5 hours ago

» Last game you purchased ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Completely_Numb - Mar 15, 2014

525 by Timeline_man »»
6 hours ago

» Stellar Blade Preview: Sekiro Meets NieR: Automata?

deg - Feb 1

28 by Shizuna »»
8 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.