Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jun 4, 2013 11:46 AM

Jul 2011
The quality is excellent but try to imagine madhouse doing a series with more than 200 episodes.
Jun 4, 2013 11:51 AM

Nov 2010
ainky said:
The quality is excellent but try to imagine madhouse doing a series with more than 200 episodes.
They've also had an abundance of material and now how fast they want to go and probably where they want to stop.
Jun 4, 2013 12:17 PM

Jul 2009
ainky said:
and it's even a remake...

Madhouse is covering material from the manga at the moment that hasn't been adapted before and it still looks awesome.

IntroverTurtle said:
82 =/= 600 , come back in over 500 episodes.

ainky said:

We'll have to wait and see but for a series with 82 episodes aired, so far it looks promising. I can't think of any series that went beyond 24 episodes that had the same animation quality as HxH. It's unprecedented.
Jun 4, 2013 1:18 PM

Nov 2010
-Jinsei- said:
We'll have to wait and see but for a series with 82 episodes aired, so far it looks promising. I can't think of any series that went beyond 24 episodes that had the same animation quality as HxH. It's unprecedented.
I'm not going to try and name any off the top of my head, but it's definitely not unprecedented.
Jun 4, 2013 2:20 PM

Jul 2011
-Jinsei- said:

Unfortunately, Madhouse never made a series with more than 120 episodes, I don't have much hope that they can cover more than this, however, I would really like to see at least 150 episodes with the current quality. Let's see.
Jun 4, 2013 4:22 PM
Apr 2013

Or go back 600 episodes and realize the animation was still crap back then.

Or realize that Madhouse is simultaneously AND continuously over and over give out great anime which is weigh more impressive than your claim that length is somehow an impressive feat.

@Josl, you don't say? I know they are focusing on other things, but have some work ethics, or at least do a decent job, or how about not wasting money on episode of whoever specials?

The consistency is proof enough that they can do it for however long. Another thing is that as the episodes advance the animation is even improving further. Now even fodder fights get amazing quality that are even better than season-long anime.
Jun 4, 2013 4:32 PM

May 2012
Dolan-chan said:

wasn't crap, but realize you are going far back in time and need to adjust your animation quality average there.
Jun 4, 2013 4:38 PM

Nov 2010
Dolan-chan said:

Or realize that Madhouse is simultaneously AND continuously over and over give out great anime which is weigh more impressive than your claim that length is somehow an impressive feat.
That was also 14 years ago, nice comparison, not really.

I never said that it was an impressive feat, I was responding to another person's certain quote. And I meant that HxH isn't much of a longrunner when seen next to a 600 episode anime that's been airing for over 10 years.
Jun 4, 2013 4:53 PM
Apr 2013
That was also 14 years ago, nice comparison, not really.

The animation then still sucked for the animation standards then. Nice excuse, not really.

that's been airing for over 10 years.

One that's been reaping the revenues of 10 years as well.

The length still doesn't matter. It's all relative. And One Piece has many reasons that say it should be better, more than one excuse; length.

Naruto, while extremely inconsistent, still has better animation episodes in numbers, so did Bleach. For over 500 and 366 episodes respectively.

HxH doesn't seem to have an excuse in having 82 episodes than 13-episode anime? Instead MH just sets higher standards and does it better.

Once again I remind you the huge difference in popularity between them in both manga and anime. It's all about standards. Toei's have gone down to s***
Jun 5, 2013 1:35 PM

Feb 2012
Nami/Sanji eyes > Nami eyes

“News travels fast in places where nothing much ever happens.” ― Charles Bukowski
Jun 5, 2013 1:48 PM

Oct 2010
Wind_Sr said:
Nami/Sanji eyes > Nami eyes

I beg to differ. Nami's eyes have never looked as gorgeous as they did in the fifth opening:

(too bad I can't find the specific pics)

But from a general point of view, yep, it's an improvement. Well, it's actually one of the few times they care to emphasize on the eye colour of the character.
Jun 5, 2013 2:39 PM

Apr 2008
First 1/5 in a while.... 3/4 episode was Sanji swimming and slimes merging, sooooo slooooow o_O I'd rather have good filler arc instead of this every manga arc
Jun 6, 2013 4:15 AM

Sep 2011
Pretty okay episode, but really slow; hopefully it picks up.
Jun 7, 2013 4:53 PM
Oct 2009
..and so Zoro found a buddy hehehe I hope he learns how to cut fire too :) and I hope he gets to open his eye at least once in the next arc... I believe he got some hidden power there =3
Jun 9, 2013 3:42 AM

Jun 2011
ainky said:
Dolan-chan said:
Proof is how Magi is just as bad an adaptation as OP, even being much shorter.

The fact that Magi's adaptation is bad there is nothing to do with OP, they are 2 things completely different.

Dolan-chan, you can't do that you know.. Magi isn't bad at it's animation, it's bad at it's direction, while One Piece is very bad at it's animation and pacing. Animation =/= Adaption

Dolan-chan said:
It shows that length doesn't save you from a horrible adaptation nor does it help you make a good one. Not that it matters because as I said, they should have prepared a much bigger budget in the first place.

It's because of people like us that don't pay to watch, which is the results of this POS animation..
Dolan-chan said:

@Josl, you don't say? I know they are focusing on other things, but have some work ethics, or at least do a decent job, or how about not wasting money on episode of whoever specials?

The consistency is proof enough that they can do it for however long. Another thing is that as the episodes advance the animation is even improving further. Now even fodder fights get amazing quality that are even better than season-long anime.

It wasn't crap back then, it was average, but it wasn't that bad, right? The animation quality standard nowadays are higher than your average, while I agree it has very poor pacing and animation, but it's length should be taken into consideration too. Do you know how much you can save with this poor animation quality, for 600 episodes?
ainky said:
Dolan-chan said:
It shows that length doesn't save you from a horrible adaptation nor does it help you make a good one. Not that it matters because as I said, they should have prepared a much bigger budget in the first place.

Every long running series like OP have quality issues. Studios cheapen on some episodes and make one episode every once in a while look good. The costs are too high compared to other minor shows, then it is not worth to invest on every single episode.

In general, one regular episode of any series costs about $145,000 USD, instead of OP that coast near to $125,000 USD.

20k USD per episode. 600 x 20k USD = ?

That's how much you can save, because One Piece is popular enough now. It doesn't need quality animation to hook in new readers for the manga, so I bet they would rather save up those money -.- because we aren't paying for the DVD/Blu-Ray -.-
Straw-Hat-Matt said:
First 1/5 in a while.... 3/4 episode was Sanji swimming and slimes merging, sooooo slooooow o_O I'd rather have good filler arc instead of this every manga arc

True, and the flashbacks made it worse.. Those repeating C.C.'s scenes, and SH's captured scenes.. Heck pretty much nothing else happening in this episode except for the Zoro/Brook's part. The whole episode can be summarized in 5minutes, while they prolonged it to 20minutes -.-
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Jun 9, 2013 8:44 AM

Dec 2012
An OK episode.. nothing really happened though.

Still looking forward to what happens next..
Jun 16, 2013 12:39 PM

Mar 2012
I had a feeling the Samurai was gonna be badass, would be cool to see a fight between him and Zoro.
Jun 24, 2013 9:58 AM

Nov 2009
Good episode!!!

Vergo makes his official debut and Law fears him and is confused why he is on Punk Hazard. I enjoyed Brook's attempt to attack Smiley and his reaction is funny as usual. Sanji seems to be able to use his Kenbunshoku Haki even though he is in Nami's body. At last the Samurai has revealed his true strength after getting his torso back and I have to say that this was a nice adaption from the manga.

Looking forward to the next episode!!

5/5

Jul 4, 2013 1:44 PM

Jul 2009
The pacing was very slow in this episode. The only significant events were Virgo showing up and Kin'emon getting his body back.
Jul 4, 2013 6:55 PM

Apr 2011
neo_valkyrie said:
-Jinsei- said:
Dolan-chan said:
I was gonna enjoy this episode, but then HxH 82 came out, and my standards skyrocketed.

^ This. The animation quality of this episode compared to the latest HxH episode is almost painful to watch. Toei animation seriously needs to step their game up in terms of production standards. Can anyone please tell me the name of the BGM when Kinemon is introduced?

But this is how One Piece animation has always been. It would be nice if we got animation quality like in Film Z but I know it's not going to happen. :|

The production quality for One Piece during the Thriller bark arc was much better (not hxh good, but better nonetheless) than it is now, which is not far from fairy tail.
Sep 8, 2013 10:30 PM
Apr 2009
OK I have to say it now since no one else has. Vergo=Best Mutton Chop Ever!!! LOL
Oct 25, 2013 7:05 AM

May 2013
Kinemons really tall
Dec 24, 2013 9:34 AM

Mar 2010
he got rid of the blob thing pretty fast ..

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Feb 20, 2014 12:16 PM

Dec 2012
So my question is answered, they do know they are using haki... Sanji having the observation haki is just awesome.
The samurai is really badass, as expected from a real samurai.
Jan 28, 2015 9:43 AM

Oct 2013
Well that was a surprise,didn't expect that samurai to be that strong.

Aug 26, 2015 7:27 AM

Jun 2015
damn man that samurai is strong
Jul 25, 2016 10:54 PM

May 2013
Zoro's smirk at the end was so H O T !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Aug 3, 2016 5:57 AM

Mar 2015
Kin'emon is complete!!!

And Law getting his ass whooped wow
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 22, 2016 9:41 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
Kinemon can cut the fire, but all the fires types!!!! Subarashi!!!
Nov 2, 2017 11:07 AM

Feb 2013
Kinemon is awesome!
Nov 18, 2018 5:39 PM

Oct 2009
Albi-kun said:
So Caesar knew that Law helped Luffy defeat the Cool brothers.

I wondered about this, too. There's no way he should already know about this, unless it is revealed or somehow explained later
Nov 18, 2018 9:30 PM

Dec 2012
Serhiyko said:
Albi-kun said:
So Caesar knew that Law helped Luffy defeat the Cool brothers.

I wondered about this, too. There's no way he should already know about this, unless it is revealed or somehow explained later

I'm actually caught up now, so I'm not sure what moment confused you. I can clarify it to you without spoiling anything if you want.
Jul 2, 2019 2:44 AM

May 2016
Why does Vergo have a steak on his cheek
Jul 2, 2019 2:45 AM

May 2016
Jacob66 said:
OK I have to say it now since no one else has. Vergo=Best Mutton Chop Ever!!! LOL

Oh my God. That's the best thing ever!
Sep 30, 2019 8:21 PM

Jun 2016
Firstly that is actually someone named Vergo who met Law, not Joker. At least assuming Vergo isn’t known by a codename like Joker, but he could technically be both. I’m sure I wasn’t the only one in assuming Monet would be her own agent here, she is actually a secret agent working for Vergo since they couldn't trust Caesar alone. That implies he’s doing some work for them, whoever this faction is. It was said that if Law hurt them he’d be dead already, I begun to wonder if Vergo and Monet work under the emperor Law wants to take down. I wouldn't put any money on it though as my friend did suggest that Doflamingo is a far better guess as he is in the opening after all. Plus, it would explain why everyone collapsed, Doflamingo could choke everyone out with his wires if he’s lurking here, and if that’s the case then it would explain why Caesar’s gas was odorless. We also know Vergo has known Law since he was young and totally speaks down to him, and he has Law’s heart as if Law scalpelled himself. That makes me wonder how that would come about, it feels like an owner and owned situation going on here, like Sagawa and Majima in Yakuza 0. What’s interesting is that it has added yet another faction to be involved in Punk Hazard! He doesn’t trust Caesar and he’s here to do something. That should be cool. It led to two different observations as well. The important one is that Law can survive without his heart and it being handled roughly made him fall over so my theory that Smoker has a heart in his body is bunk. I was under the impression that swapping hearts changed personalities but maybe Law’s really swapping their souls. Less importantly, Vergo’s design is super weird. He has lightning bolt sideburns and what looks like a burger stuck to his face, I guess no one told him it was there!

Chopper made some progression in the lab finding a drug book but with how messy everything is getting him being a wildcard is scary. Normally I’d say it’s not too bad since he can carry his own weight but he’s hurt from Franky handling his body. Still, maybe people will lose track of him and he’ll be a key component to sneaking around and saving the day! Outside the laboratory, we had Caesar do what was expected, sea prism the power users and cage them up inside. That means Smokey and Luffy in prison action which I love but beyond that, the scary thing is that Caesar is going after the kids with drugs. I’ll have faith in Nami(Sanji body) and Usopp but it’s certainly looking grim unless Zoro’s group gets over there soon enough.

Speaking of Zoro’s group, they were the spotlight of the episode! Firstly, this was a wonderful Zoro and Brook episode. I loved seeing Zoro so casual in response to the slimes as Brook freaked out and hid behind him. I loved the fact that Brook tested the poison gas after Zoro had already triggered some and then he warned Zoro over it. Side point, I was weirded out when Brook fell asleep due to the sleeping gas, I didn’t think it’d work on him and here the gas didn’t work. Brook is quite hard to understand as he is a living skeleton but I do think this means he’s a great counter to Caesar! Anyways, more Brook/Zoro stuff, I adored when Zoro was being a total brat and told Brook to eat the slime and picked on him a little as Brook told him not to bully his elders, “sorry, grandpa”. Of course, the amazing “can’t be helped because we couldn’t do anything”, “that’s right” while picking their noses as well.

Alternatively this was a highlight for Kin’emon and Sanji! Sanji barely swam around the poison and had to fight off a shark to get Kin’emon’s body. It made for a fun sequence, I even realized I was holding my breath with him half way through! Just barely getting it back and getting out we got a beautiful “that’s my boy” smirk from Zoro and the utmost appreciation from Kin’emon. This whole time I was thinking that after all this Kin’emon would die for Sanji and it was awesome to see him own up to all the misconceptions he had about Sanji and his crew in the past. Crying and hitting his head on the ground in prostration and thanking Sanji for all he’s done. And through this the Straw Hats have a darn valuable ally. Kine’mon’s first attack when fully formed was to clear out every slime around them with his fire. The casual nature of “I just cut the explosion” was great. And you know you made a good impression when Zoro pays attention to you, Kin’emon’s will may have caught Sanji’s attention, but his samurai skill has caught Zoro’s! Now Zoro may learn a thing or two from him and he’s going with him. I think this should be the first living Wano Samurai he’s met!
Feb 24, 2020 10:25 PM
Jul 2018
Gah, I felt kinda bad for Firefox doubling over in agonizing pain like that.
Feb 24, 2020 10:26 PM
Jul 2018
But damn, I hate the fact that Sanji can use Haki in Nami's body (and perform all those other stunts) ... TF is the point of physically training his own body over the hiatus when his potential can be unlocked in an(y) untrained female body. The point of Haki is supposed to be mind AND body. Not just mind.

Ignoring Sanji-exclusive skills, how TF can he hold his breath for that long. He most likely hasn't been training his lungs over the past 2 years. God I miss the old One Piece. Remember when Sanji fought under water in Arlong Park? That was truly amazing.
Nov 24, 2020 9:25 PM

Jul 2020
I'on even know who vergo is and apparently every else does?
Feb 8, 2021 4:52 AM

May 2016
I wonder what organization Vergo and Monet works for.

Sanji was fortunately able to save Kin'emon's torso from melting in that lake and that led to a very cool moment with the newly reassembled samurai showing how formidable a warrior from Wano can really be!

Feb 21, 2021 7:54 PM

Feb 2020
lol why did that guy have a steak on his face

Jul 12, 2021 4:59 AM

Jun 2019
That steak was looking really good. LOL
Aug 23, 2021 11:17 AM

Aug 2021
Wano kingdom's Samurai is Epic

Why vergo had Law's heart in his hand O.O
May 31, 2023 11:25 AM
Jun 2021
good like all prececents
Aug 10, 2023 5:05 AM
Oct 2019
Yooo that's Junichi Suwabe voice 🔥

Damn i like how Tashigi shirt just stick to her Oppai no matter what happen LMAO

Wano Kuni?
I'll be there in about 400 episodes? 😭
Aug 17, 2023 10:09 AM
Feb 2022
Que bien que Kinemon recupero su cuerpo. Y es fuerte. Solo una bestia podría con el.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 411 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Somebody - Aug 2, 2009

79 by gannoncannon55 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 410 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hayato_kun - Jul 18, 2009

76 by gannoncannon55 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 409 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Hayato_kun - Jul 11, 2009

71 by gannoncannon55 »»
3 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 408 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Hayato_kun - Jul 4, 2009

141 by gannoncannon55 »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 405 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Hayato_kun - Jun 13, 2009

174 by gannoncannon55 »»
4 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.