Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 30, 2013 9:55 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well I have to say, Yui looked cute in her outfit.

I also see Hachiman blushing somewhat and I'm not surprised. Not too so sure how fun Hachiman is having at that festival. Mm, the food looked delicious though.

Damn, not much Yukino this episode..shame. I bet she would of looked terrific at the festival. Gotta love Hachiman and his mannerisms though.
KinetaJun 26, 2013 10:42 AM
May 30, 2013 9:58 AM
Dec 2012
She looked nice in kimono. I was puzzled by Haruno not just b/c she was insensitive but b/c she didn't seem to care about the car accident at all.

His monologue of the ending was interesting as always.
May 30, 2013 10:11 AM

Nov 2007
That ending, it's episode 5 all over again. This time though Yukino is the target.
The entire episode was great though, Yui nearly kills me.

eminagnam said:

His monologue of the ending was interesting as always.

May 30, 2013 12:20 PM

Apr 2011
May 30, 2013 2:43 PM

Nov 2007
The younger sister is at it again, firework festival date. Meeting lots of people including older sister-san. With her, the topic between them is related to the accident. Then end of Summer vacation.

School Festival coming up?
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
May 30, 2013 4:53 PM
Aug 2012
No Hirazuka episode from LN! Quite disappointing.

Anyways, most fun part begins now.
May 30, 2013 5:52 PM
Jan 2011
moyang said:
No Hirazuka episode from LN! Quite disappointing.

Anyways, most fun part begins now.

So is Hirazuka another love interest in the LN?
May 30, 2013 7:29 PM

Jan 2013
Good episode, however Hikki's disappointment in Yukino seemed a little extreme. I hope he is able to move on from this, I like them together.
"What color do you want to be?" -Shiina Mashiro
May 30, 2013 7:37 PM

Jun 2012
Hikky and Yui's convo with Haruno was uneasy to watch. There are obvious issues behind the scenes in the Yukinoshita family but all 3 of them dodged the topic whenever it came up. Social courtesy but still... We've all been in similar situations like they were in at the festival and those conversations are always the hardest to push through. Having to avoid the obvious but still seem sincere

Glad the relationship between Yui and Hikky is better. However ever since Hikky learned Yukino knew her car caused the accident but didn't bother to tell him when they first met Yukino and Hikky are drifting apart. From what I understood of his monologue at the end, he is disappointed with her since she didn't live up to his standards of her. I wonder if their dynamic will get back on track or if they'll keep spiraling away from each other
HybridMBLMay 30, 2013 7:53 PM
May 30, 2013 7:45 PM

Feb 2012
Lol Hikki is good, he doesn't even let them speak, especially at the end, he cut Yukino off like she's nothing.
May 30, 2013 8:06 PM

Mar 2012
Yui was going to confess at end there right lol, but Hikki didn't let her finish.
May 30, 2013 8:18 PM

Apr 2013
good episode. i hope he can get over the fact that she lied tho..
it seemed like yui was going to confess to him :P
May 30, 2013 8:27 PM

Jun 2012
Pretty good episode. 8man's monologue at the end is fantastic, as always.
May 30, 2013 8:45 PM

Mar 2012
I kinda like the way Hikki ignore Yukino (he didn't really ignore just felt like he ignore here). I guess his disappointed with her now, I hope he gets over it.
May 30, 2013 8:58 PM
May 2013
Wingzx said:
good episode. i hope he can get over the fact that she lied tho..
it seemed like yui was going to confess to him :P

well it's was totally a confession but hikki avoided it
kinda sad the way it finished. i hope hikki will move forward. I want so badly to have hikki X Yukinon
May 30, 2013 9:02 PM

Apr 2011
Hikigaya is disappointed in Yukino, but is more upset about himself. He realizes that he set her up in a image that she can't really keep. Like the masses, he pours all these expectations onto Yukino and forces her to live up to them. Her isolation is due to people thinking like he did, because really, how is a goddess supposed to blend in?
"Reality is a story the minds tells itself. An artificial structure conjured into being by the calcium ion exchange of a million synaptic fringes"
May 30, 2013 9:35 PM
Apr 2013
I feel like at the end of the series, it's going to be Yukinon X 8Man.
The monologue struck me as his idealization of Yukinon being thrown off the pedestal because he remembers that she still can lie like everyone else. However, it would be awkward if the first episode was Yukinon saying sorry for her car hitting him when he tried saving the dog.
May 30, 2013 9:38 PM

Sep 2012
Hikki's sister... lol.
And that confession dodge. rofl
May 30, 2013 9:45 PM

Nov 2012
Just when it looks like Yukinon is getting less aggresive towards 8Man, he is dissapointed of her.
I wanna see if Yui actually doesn't get jealous of Yukinon and starts hating her if Yukinon starts liking 8man.
May 30, 2013 9:52 PM

May 2013
That thing that 8man bought at the festival...

Wasn't that panda thing the one Yukino was fondling over during the time they went shopping for gifts for Yui's birthday?
May 30, 2013 10:00 PM

Aug 2012
Hikki's monologues are always so good they leave you with a sense of curiosity every time he does one. That confession dodge was kind of dick move at the end. I understand he doesn't like getting too close to people but he could have at least let her finish.

May 30, 2013 10:06 PM
Apr 2012
Hikki's the shit! Cutting off Yui and Yukinon. School festival coming up. C:
May 30, 2013 10:08 PM

Jan 2013
Stitches327 said:
Hikki's monologues are always so good they leave you with a sense of curiosity every time he does one. That confession dodge was kind of dick move at the end. I understand he doesn't like getting too close to people but he could have at least let her finish.

Letting her finish means having to address the confession; either accepting it or turning it down. Either answer changes the relationship. The solution that keeps everything the same is to prevent the question from ever being asked. It is a bit of a dick move, since in order to effectively dodge you have to be aware that it is coming--so you leave the other person in a state of anxiety. The other edge of that sword, though, is that the person confessing to you is doing what they want without regard to the major changes that will happen to your relationship not just with them but with everyone else because of it.
May 30, 2013 10:26 PM

Jan 2013
This is just so great.
5/5
May 30, 2013 10:33 PM

May 2013
Woah he has a dog translation app.

Yui looked great in that yukata.
May 30, 2013 11:12 PM

Aug 2010
Great episode.

Yui was cute. And damn that cockblock phone >_<
She even tried to ignore it and confess but...

Well, I can understand Hikki's reasons. Damn his monologue's are so good.

Really enjoyed the talk Yukino's sis. So Yukino's personality is all a big fat facade? Then I can't wait to see her dere side XD

Oh and Komachi is awesome XD
May 30, 2013 11:15 PM

Aug 2010
No Saika this episode, so that's a whopping -10 points right off the bat. A lot of focus spent on Yuigahama, the only saving grace for me was Hachiman and the last bit with Yukinoshita and her sister. I really wonder how will Hikigaya and Yukino address the elephant in the room, it can go quite a few ways, and I wouldn't mind if Hachiman could get back at her a little, since she is always going out of her way to somehow insult him. She could definitely use some figurative slaps to the face. 3/5.
May 30, 2013 11:18 PM

Jan 2011
Whoa whoa did Haruno just act like hitting Hikki was no big deal?? *it's all good you didn't leave any visible damage* whaaaaaat ice cold

Hikki was pretty cold too cutting off Yui and Yukinon though i liked it better than the classic environment sound interruptions

and where did this stupid 8man thing come from.
May 30, 2013 11:26 PM
Nov 2011
''My mom always told me not to be so choosy'' Hachiman 2013

nuff said :D
May 30, 2013 11:28 PM
Feb 2013
I think Yui was just gonna confess to Hachiman, that dodge man. Too bad, not much Yukino this episode. But still, Yui is so cute at that Yukata.
May 30, 2013 11:30 PM
Jan 2013
xcoyote said:
''My mom always told me not to be so choosy'' Hachiman 2013

nuff said :D

Nah bro "Call me messiah" was the best line
May 30, 2013 11:32 PM

Jul 2012
Hikky doing work with his socialization skills.

Haruno is lethal though. Her attitude is just...

Looking forward to seeing how all their relationships end up. Very interesting to watch it all play out.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

May 30, 2013 11:34 PM

Sep 2011
Yes,he may have been disappointed at Yukinoshita,but the main point is,Hikki is way more disappointed at himself.

There is not a person who doesn't lie.No matter how hard you try to be sincere in life,you will lie at some point.He forgot such an obvious fact and held high expectations of her.Of course he would end up frustrated.Thus he says he may hate himself in the end.
May 30, 2013 11:55 PM
Mar 2013
Who is 8man you guys talking about?
May 31, 2013 12:01 AM

Jan 2012
That fucking dodge man. Hikki is alpha as fuck. He also leaves a little something behind, with every monologue, to rest in your brain. Like he did in episode 5.

May 31, 2013 12:02 AM
May 2013
hazelnuts23 said:
Who is 8man you guys talking about?

Well in japanese 8=hachi so 8man=hachiman= hikki
May 31, 2013 12:11 AM

Jan 2010
Hikki cut Yui
Hikki cut Yukino
Hikki earn the title "messiah"
BOSS

It seems like Hikki is not dense as you think.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 31, 2013 12:19 AM
May 2008
I don't get how hikkigaya can so easily ignore and treat relationships normally after such an obvious almost confession. >.<

I wouldn't misunderstand at the train thing.. but I for sure would misunderstand at the end of the confession thing.. I would have been bugging her about if she liked me..Well that is if I had even a slightest interest in her..

I'm not the only person who can compare similar past situations, but not in my favor, of my life to hikkigaya's right?

Me avoiding all possible relationship situations with a good looking girl who might have liked me, and she loved to do lots of things to try to mess with me like linking her arm around mine in public.. It ended up with her wanting me become a friends with benefits, me refusing and the friendship ending right there..She was far from innocent and sweet like yui, she was more what I'd call a slut, smoked weed/ciggs, and drank often..

As for confessions, if I think anyone has an interest in me and I have a slight interest in them, I mess up everything some how.. like I seem too desperate or something..or I try to go too fast..(lol going too fast doesn't exist if the girl actually likes you. Source: me)

I'll clarify though.. my ex totally chased after a new guy right after breaking up with me, started dating him immediately too..she never chased after me and despite always wanting to be alone with me and wanting me to be close to her under an umbrella while she missed her bus just so she could stay there a bit longer with me in the cold rain.. She claimed she never even liked me at the beginning, this info came right after we started dating..not after we broke up where her mind is clouded.
differentMay 31, 2013 12:30 AM
May 31, 2013 12:24 AM
Mar 2013
different said:
I don't get how hikkigaya can so easily ignore and treat relationships normally after such an obvious almost confession. >.<

I wouldn't misunderstand at the train thing.. but I for sure would misunderstand at the end of the confession thing.. I would have been bugging her about if she liked me..Well that is if I had even a slightest interest in her..

I'm not the only person who can compare similar past situations, but not in my favor, of my life to hilkigaya's right?

Me avoiding all possible relationship situations with a good looking girl who might have liked me, and she loved to do lots of things to try to mess with me like linking her arm around mine in public.. It ended up with her wanting me become a friends with benefits, me refusing and the friendship ending right there..She was far from innocent and sweet like yui, she was more what I'd call a slut, smoked weed/ciggs, and drank often..

As for confessions, if I think anyone has an interest in me and I have a slight interest in them, I mess up everything some how.. like I seem too desperate or something..or I try to go too fast..(lol going too fast doesn't exist if the girl actually likes you. Source: me)

I'll clarify though.. my ex totally chased after a new guy right after breaking up with me, started dating him immediately too..she never chased after me and despite always wanting to be alone with me and wanting me to be close to her under an umbrella while she missed her bus just so she could stay there a bit longer with me in the cold rain.. She claimed she never even liked me at the beginning, this info came right after we started dating..not after we broke up where her mind is clouded.

Maybe he knows Yui gonna confess but he is not ready yet. So instead of rejecting her, he needs a way to avoid her confession.
May 31, 2013 12:40 AM

May 2010
Another great episode with food for thought, Hikigaya monolog's at the end of episode, always make one think about thing.

On the note if Yukino, i always saw her, for what she is, someone who has expectations to live up to and cant really be herself and chasing some else coat tail, kinda sad that she never chosen and people start to hate her after a while but that the price you pay for putting on a facade. also it was stupid for Hikigaya to the she wouldnt lie about that, even those who you hold up on a pedestal lie.

also dick move man she was gonna confess but he cut her off hard body like it was nothing

At some point in time everyone lies words to live by.
HydnlifeMay 31, 2013 1:03 AM
May 31, 2013 12:45 AM

Jan 2011
Yui was so cute this episode! There were so many small yet great Yui x Hachiman moments, like the train scenes. Yui was definitely going to confess to Hachiman, shame it didn't happen. D: Hachiman cutting off Yukino at the end, damn! His monologues are so damn awesome, very damn deep especially the one at the end. It makes total sense though. Yukino lied to Hikigaya right from the start and never mentioned anything about the accident. I wish this anime was a 2-cour. :(
5/5
May 31, 2013 1:09 AM
Sep 2012
Dayum that was deep. Preach it brudda.
May 31, 2013 1:13 AM

Nov 2011
I'm rather curious about what Yukino's sister meant as, 'She won't be chosen again.'
I'm wondering if it has something to do with family, or even a romantic interest at one point. At which, I'd probably redirect my question at Hayama since apparently their families work together, so they may have had some sort of relationship before.

Also I'm aware that Hikigaya is a pessimist and all, but why did he stop Yui from confessing? Seems like he knew what was coming so stopped it.
Other then that I'm curious to see if their relationship will change or if they're going to try and sweep it under the rug.
RagixMay 31, 2013 1:19 AM
Touch me, you filthy casual~
May 31, 2013 1:19 AM
Apr 2013
Man, I wish it was 16 episodes, not 12+ova. They cut out too much stuff that can be added for more depth... Like they should have shown other characters point of view for Yukinoshita...which was suppose to be shown in volume 5... Instead they just cut out everything and shown only the ending on this episode... Sniff, they skipped totsuka date story...
May 31, 2013 1:29 AM

Jun 2011
The fall of Hachiman.
May 31, 2013 1:35 AM
Apr 2013
Ragix said:
I'm rather curious about what Yukino's sister meant as, 'She won't be chosen again.'
I'm wondering if it has something to do with family, or even a romantic interest at one point. At which, I'd probably redirect my question at Hayama since apparently their families work together, so they may have had some sort of r

Also I'm aware that Hikigaya is a pessimist and all, but why did he stop Yui from confessing? Seems like he knew what was coming so stopped it.
Other then that I'm curious to see if their relationship will change or if they're going to try and sweep it under the rug.

So why Hikki stopped the confession?
One thing that has clearly shown is the differences between Yui and Hikki's social status. Remember when Yuigahama's friends were their at the festival and one of her friend made a nasty smile at Hikki, definitely showing how she is looking down on him? That has cleared Hikki's mind in that he thinks, 'wait a minute, I'm a lower status dude and I'm hanging out with this upper social class girl. I can't hang out with her, or else she will be also be viewed down as I do'. That is why he left himself to get yakisoba to leave them alone. And that's probably the reason why he stopped the confession.
siharaMay 31, 2013 1:42 AM
May 31, 2013 1:45 AM

Jan 2013
That was good
May 31, 2013 1:47 AM

Jan 2010
This episode was sooOoo empty.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 31, 2013 1:47 AM

Jan 2011
CNagy said:
Stitches327 said:

Letting her finish means having to address the confession; either accepting it or turning it down. Either answer changes the relationship. The solution that keeps everything the same is to prevent the question from ever being asked. It is a bit of a dick move, since in order to effectively dodge you have to be aware that it is coming--so you leave the other person in a state of anxiety. The other edge of that sword, though, is that the person confessing to you is doing what they want without regard to the major changes that will happen to your relationship not just with them but with everyone else because of it.

Yep, saved by the phone. Sad that it has come to this, but I kind of understand Hachiman. He finds himself having friends for the first time in his life only to find out they were not honest with him. No joke, Totsuka has been the only one who didn't hide anything or lie to him. But please don't take that route Hachiman :D
So he is in a state where he hates himself now for being unable to forgive them and does anything to avoid discussions and keep the status quo. I don't think anything will be solved that way though. Shit like this has to be cleared out, 1on1. Its actually the first time Hachiman disappoints. Eventually, this is not going to last. Prolonging it will only escalate things later. And I think Yui blew her only chance by not being resolute enough and let that annoying call stop her. Because at that moment Hachiman was bitter enough towards Yukino and with Yui being that cute I think she had good chances of turning his head her way.
I don't think she has any chances whatsoever now.
I wonder though, will Yui still remain friends with Yukino when Hachiman picks Yukino over her. Is this even possible, honestly?
AlexGKMay 31, 2013 1:54 AM
May 31, 2013 1:58 AM

Oct 2012
So much Yui this episode.
As always, Hachiman's monologues are the best.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2013

421 by Remurst »»
Apr 14, 10:38 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

561 by Pancreas08 »»
Apr 12, 5:05 AM

» Where to read LN of yui's story

Jackson_rajkumar - Mar 28

6 by Aruhaya »»
Mar 29, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

239 by phuchaitt3 »»
Mar 18, 9:46 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 23, 2013

301 by venbals »»
Mar 15, 12:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.