Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 5, 2013 1:35 PM

Mar 2013
Basically what the title says.. Ahaha, its a really calm and light hearted show but I just have this weird feeling someone's going to die soon
CatandSamMay 1, 2021 12:42 PM
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
May 5, 2013 5:39 PM

Mar 2012
Well, it's a Gen Urobuchi anime, so it wouldn't shock me if someone dies.

If I had to put money on someone, I'd say the little brother.

*edit* Although, I will say this series has a bit of a different tone than your typical Urobuchi anime...so maybe, maybe not.
May 5, 2013 6:22 PM

Jan 2013
Ledo already vaporized an entire fleet of pirates.

As for main characters, I'm betting on nobody dying, since apparently Urobuchi isn't the main writer, and as quoted from Wikipedia:

Gen Urobuchi explained on the official website that the message of the story is aimed towards those in their teens and 20s, who are either about to enter into society or recently have, and is meant to cheer them on and to encourage them that "going out into the world isn't scary". He also said that the feeling of this work will be different from others he's been involved with.

Can't read a word of Japanese though, so I have no idea if Wikipedia's just bsing.
May 5, 2013 6:25 PM
Oct 2012
I'm beginning to think the big shock is that no one dies.
May 5, 2013 7:42 PM

Feb 2012
The series is a collaboration between Gen and Murata. Gen wrote the first and the last episode.

After about a half year's worth of work, the Kazuya Murata was brought in as the series director. Murata had always had the idea for making a story involving people living on ships atop a world of water about ten years before the series started. Some of the story had already been arranged, but he introduced the concept of people living on giant boats, and Urobuchi, who had been involved since the beginning, liked the idea a lot and quickly worked it into the story. According to Urobuchi, as they revised the plot further, Murata tended to have a very good sense of judgement as to what to put in and what not to put in, and was clear about what he was looking for, so the organization went a lot smoothly than he thought it might have. Urobuchi was put in charge of writing the first and last episodes once the green-light was given for a thirteen-episode series in order to set the theme for the other writers.

Basically, I don't think this will be anything like Fate/Zero, Madoka, Psycho-Pass, etc.
May 5, 2013 8:39 PM

Oct 2012
I'm actually hoping this stays light hearted. It's a nice change of pace

May 6, 2013 12:34 AM

May 2012
As long as the anime is good and not boring, i'll go for whatever.
May 6, 2013 6:34 AM

Apr 2008
I know I am. The first episode was so good. You introduce the mysterious hideaz and then just forget them for the rest of the show? That's just fuckin sloppy storywork. Oh yay the earth is all fine and good and oh look it's like heaven with the occasional storm aka the pirate raids that now are not even an issue anymore due to the boy with the epic mech. Meanwhile the rest of the universe can burn, right? It's never gonna reach earth, right?

Seriously the way people ignore this about the background setting makes me sick.
Darklight0303May 6, 2013 6:44 AM
May 6, 2013 7:38 AM

Jan 2012
This show was always meant to be about teenagers first journey into society. It's meant to reassure people who are just entering society and show them that it's not that scary. Also Gen is not the main writer so the people who are now crying because there is not enough intergalactic warfare going on need to take a step back and look at their expectations a little.

I think it's going to add to the trauma when Gen finally takes over again but I hear he may only be writing the first and last episode, so don't get your hopes too high. I'm really enjoying the series as it is anyway.
May 6, 2013 7:39 AM

Dec 2012
I think this is actual healing.
May 6, 2013 7:55 AM
May 2012
CatandSam said:
Basically what the title says.. Ahaha, its a really calm and light hearted show but I just have this weird feeling someone's going to die soon ^^;;;

That's just great for me.

Some people needs to stop saying that anybody is goin to die so brutally & sadistically (ala Another & Mirai Nikki I mean this ain't a Horror-anime although it's written by Urobochi Gen) in Suisei no Gargantia I mean this is just complete ridiculous for me till it makes me wanna facepalm'd UNLESS this anime would be the a same thing in the later episodes besides Psycho-Pass & Madoka Magica which it's dark, sadistic & Insanity everywhere I mean I'm really looking forward to see what's gonna happen next how the alien invades Gargantia.
JafriZinMay 6, 2013 8:11 AM
May 6, 2013 7:57 AM

Apr 2008
JeffreyZin said:

CatandSam said:
Basically what the title says.. Ahaha, its a really calm and light hearted show but I just have this weird feeling someone's going to die soon ^^;;;

What is wrong with these people these days....

This is NOT a horror-themed anime guys I mean why do you guys always thought that this is gonna be more like Mirai Nikki, Another & etc which they gonna die brutally?! Unless IF this anime would be the same thing as Psycho-Pass which it's dark, sadistic & insanity everywhere.

Nothing. They just had expectations after that epic first episode only to have them repeatedly disappointed since Ledo's fight with the pirate queen.
May 6, 2013 8:10 AM
May 2012
RoNin-87 said:
The series is a collaboration between Gen and Murata. Gen wrote the first and the last episode.

After about a half year's worth of work, the Kazuya Murata was brought in as the series director. Murata had always had the idea for making a story involving people living on ships atop a world of water about ten years before the series started. Some of the story had already been arranged, but he introduced the concept of people living on giant boats, and Urobuchi, who had been involved since the beginning, liked the idea a lot and quickly worked it into the story. According to Urobuchi, as they revised the plot further, Murata tended to have a very good sense of judgement as to what to put in and what not to put in, and was clear about what he was looking for, so the organization went a lot smoothly than he thought it might have. Urobuchi was put in charge of writing the first and last episodes once the green-light was given for a thirteen-episode series in order to set the theme for the other writers.

Basically, I don't think this will be anything like Fate/Zero, Madoka, Psycho-Pass, etc.

That's exactly what I was thinking like the rant that I posted above.
May 6, 2013 8:17 AM

Aug 2012
It's easy watching, I don't care either way.
May 12, 2013 6:46 AM
May 2012
I would like to see how the aliens will invade Gargantia. Every other anime has always like this (Especially plot twist) besides non-Urobochi Gen type anime anyway.
JafriZinMay 12, 2013 8:15 PM
May 12, 2013 6:49 AM

Jul 2008
I don't think there will be any brutal deaths here, the turning of pirates to dusts could be the best there is :)
May 12, 2013 6:58 AM
Dec 2012
Darklight0303 said:
Seriously the way people ignore this about the background setting makes me sick.

Praise of Folly
May 12, 2013 10:33 AM

Nov 2011
Not necessary waiting per se but I wouldn't be surprised if someone does die later on in this series.
May 12, 2013 11:30 AM
Jul 2012
Why would someone request Gen to help them if he's not going to do his typical thing. So I expect something to happen to the very end. Even if the anime end I wouldn't trust it for one bit because he could pull it off in an ova or special. And remember how they gave away I think it was 8000 blu-ray copies it needs to have something to profit off of. (Hopefully)
May 12, 2013 2:04 PM

Mar 2012
Jakerams said:
Why would someone request Gen to help them if he's not going to do his typical thing. So I expect something to happen to the very end. Even if the anime end I wouldn't trust it for one bit because he could pull it off in an ova or special. And remember how they gave away I think it was 8000 blu-ray copies it needs to have something to profit off of. (Hopefully)

Okay, I guess I'll bite on this one since I'm an aspiring novelist myself. As a writer, you don't want to be caught in that trap that you can only write in a certain styles, much like how a lot of actors don't want to be specifically known as a "dramatic actor" or a "comedy actor," even if it is their best strength. I'm guessing that's what Gen Urobuchi was trying with this. He's trying to branch out into different genres and styles so he isn't known as "that guy that can only do intense dramas."
May 12, 2013 2:38 PM

Sep 2011
im not waiting for anyone to die, im waiting for literally anything interesting to happen, the charm of the world can only carry the show for the first few episodes, that stopped carrying the show at ep 3

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

May 12, 2013 2:38 PM

Aug 2011
B-but people have died already!

Okay seriously I can see it happening near the last episodes.
May 12, 2013 2:46 PM

Nov 2011
Nope. Not at all. I hope no one else will die. There's enough evil in the real world.

GET DROPBOX HERE!
Bonus space for you and me with this link! Now 500MB per referral, up to 16GB from referrals alone.
May 12, 2013 2:59 PM

Apr 2013
The brother, from his sickness. I seriously doubt anybody from the Gargantia will get killed.
May 12, 2013 3:02 PM

Feb 2011
Meh, this anime isn't anything like what I thought it would be, when I heard it was a Urobuchi. I'm thoroughly disappointed in its "childish", easy-going feel.
May 12, 2013 3:05 PM

Apr 2010
dperolio said:
Meh, this anime isn't anything like what I thought it would be, when I heard it was a Urobuchi. I'm thoroughly disappointed in its "childish", easy-going feel.

There is nothing "Childish" about this anime. Do you think that just because its not all gory and full of grimdark its childish?

May 12, 2013 3:15 PM

Aug 2011
Considering what happened in episode 1 when Ledo was unable to help the girl who got eaten by the squid, i second that there is nothing childish in this anime lol
May 12, 2013 3:40 PM

Feb 2013
I sure as heck hope someone dies soon. If not die, at least have something go really wrong. Have the Hideauze attack, the Alliance show up, something!

I'm getting bored here!
May 12, 2013 8:17 PM
May 2012
ShanaFlame said:
I don't think there will be any brutal deaths here, the turning of pirates to dusts could be the best there is :)

Agreed.

RyanSaotome said:
There is nothing "Childish" about this anime. Do you think that just because its not all gory and full of grimdark its childish?

Irenesharda said:
I sure as heck hope someone dies soon. If not die, at least have something go really wrong. Have the Hideauze attack, the Alliance show up, something!

I'm getting bored here!

My exact same thought. But who knows? Unless there should have spoilers & speculations in the later episodes.

NihonFalcom said:
B-but people have died already!

Okay seriously I can see it happening near the last episodes.

linchpin said:
Nope. Not at all. I hope no one else will die. There's enough evil in the real world.

I just don't get it. that's the most pointless post & thread title ever for me. Unless IF it's gonna be an unexpected things to come later episodes.

I mean why are these people thought that are they gonna get killed so brutally like we saw on Mirai Nikki & Another? Every other anime which isn't written by Urobochi Gen had a same thing like that. I mean this ain't Horror, dark or Jaw-dropping insanity themed anime like Psycho-Pass/Madoka Magica/Fate Zero.

Great, since NO one seems to agree with me & why am I the only one here in this page till they didn't replied some of my last post whatsoever?
JafriZinMay 12, 2013 8:34 PM
May 12, 2013 9:25 PM

Apr 2012
Not really, Urobutcher only wrote two episodes.
May 12, 2013 9:34 PM

Feb 2013
Durbikins said:

If those happened to be the first two, then maybe he should write the whole thing because those were the best episodes of the series thus far.
May 12, 2013 10:19 PM

Oct 2011
Irenesharda said:
Durbikins said:

If those happened to be the first two, then maybe he should write the whole thing because those were the best episodes of the series thus far.
Quite the opposite IMO - first two were typical mecha shows with nothing new to add and nice visual side.

Than series became interesting, with all that culture clash and how MC tries to adapt to new life. Mood improved and they focused on characters - I do hope it will remain like this till the end and no one will die.
In the end it feels like Macross-inspired series so let them stick up with it.
May 13, 2013 12:01 AM

Jul 2012
Irenesharda said:
Durbikins said:

He actually wrote the first and last episode from what I hear but I agree the first two were the best episodes. Though the sudden development in the current episode gives me hope that shit may start going down soon.
Num1dad_AsuraMay 13, 2013 3:07 AM
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Num1dad_Asura]
[/url]
Click Here for Sig source
May 13, 2013 3:06 AM

Jul 2011
NO.
May 13, 2013 3:08 AM
Aug 2012
It's fine as a lighthearted show, why ask the impossible.
May 13, 2013 7:12 AM
May 2012
nnangle said:

That's exactly what I've been asking!
May 13, 2013 8:11 AM

Apr 2008
nnangle said:

Because it is not the impossible if you remember episode 1.
May 13, 2013 11:30 AM

Jun 2009
I don't like it when anime kill off their characters just for the sake of looking more "mature"

all in all though

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 13, 2013 5:14 PM

Mar 2013
Honestly, I'm fine with the show having a carefree, calm feel. The world reminds me of aria and it has a relaxing atmosphere to it. :) But i bet you its going to be all happy go lucky until the last episode and BOOM!!! everyone dies
May 13, 2013 5:19 PM
Jul 2012
No don't want anyone to die.
May 13, 2013 5:22 PM

Jan 2009
no!!! if you want someone to die then kill yourself /joke
May 13, 2013 5:48 PM

Jun 2011
5 bucks that Amy's younger brother dies first.

I absolute refuse to believe that Urobutcher will ever work on a completely light hearted anime (at least this time). He must be planning something and crush our hopes for good. If not, then I'll be genuinely surprised.

SolosMay 13, 2013 5:51 PM

May 13, 2013 5:53 PM

Feb 2011
Irenesharda said:
Durbikins said:

Agreed.

RyanSaotome said:
dperolio said:

stefeman said:
Considering what happened in episode 1 when Ledo was unable to help the girl who got eaten by the squid, i second that there is nothing childish in this anime lol

It just has a very childish feel to me. The moe lewd aspects of the show that seem to cater to pedos doesn't help it move away from that feeling at all. If you disagree, that's great, but as I said, it's childish to me. I don't see why you should be bothered by my opinion, as it's just that. I'm not even using childish in a negative sense, lots of people love "childish" shows, in the sense that I use the word. I personally don't care for them though. I like things with a serious atmosphere, not easy-going slice-of-life which I think that at least we can both agree this is.

I'm not really complaining, as I've come to accept that's just the type of show Gargantia is. I was just hoping for something different than what it is.
May 13, 2013 5:57 PM
May 2013
I don't know I kind of like the not giving a fuck thing that they are doing where everybody is just happy! Because after you watch super hyper mega intense episode of Shingeki no Kyojin you need this type of thing to calm you down
May 13, 2013 6:02 PM

Jun 2011
TehBlindSamurai said:
I don't know I kind of like the not giving a fuck thing that they are doing where everybody is just happy! Because after you watch super hyper mega intense episode of Shingeki no Kyojin you need this type of thing to calm you down

Wise words from Gintoki.

Shingeki no Kyojin will bring our hope for mankind to an all-time low, and then the happy atmosphere of Suisei no Gargantia will bring our hopes back up. Different anime promote different emotions, although I personally prefer dark anime (although my favorites aren't really considered "dark"), the occasional bright and happy anime is good at boosting your morale during moments of tension.
Which is why I watch Gintama.

May 14, 2013 4:25 AM
May 2012
Gen Urobochi = pulling M.Night Shaymalan (What a twist!) much?
JafriZinMay 14, 2013 4:29 AM
May 14, 2013 7:23 AM

Sep 2008
The first one to die should be Bevel. Hideauze would pull his arms and legs, before ripping them off. After that the remaining head and body would be swallowed whole.
May 14, 2013 9:56 AM

Aug 2011
Eternia said:
The first one to die should be Bevel. Hideauze would pull his arms and legs, before ripping them off. After that the remaining head and body would be swallowed whole.

Oh god..
May 14, 2013 10:13 AM
May 2012
Eternia said:

Great, some people never learned these days... I mean why are these people always think that way? Again, why are you guys expect? It's gonna be more insanity like Mirai Nikki/Another to you? SMH...
May 14, 2013 10:17 AM

Apr 2008
Eternia said:

Sign me up
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

zimno - Jun 30, 2013

499 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:50 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bastek66 - Jun 23, 2013

340 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:45 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 16, 2013

261 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:35 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 9, 2013

344 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:24 AM

Poll: » Suisei no Gargantia Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 2, 2013

667 by Hayley2877 »»
Apr 5, 7:10 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.