Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 17, 2012 1:43 PM

Jun 2011
Oh no! Akie-chaaan...! D:
Finally the plot is starting to move forward a bit
Mar 4, 2013 9:27 PM

Jun 2012
Yuzuki is finally free of Enma, but what's with the red glowing eyes when Akie disappeared? Who was that girl in the end? Can't wait to see what will happen now, it's starting to get interesting ^^
Aug 22, 2013 7:07 PM
Aug 2012
rough... i didnt think they were going to kill her off this early. i thought they would kill the amigos one by one and save akie for last and yuzuki would lose it after that
Dec 7, 2013 3:04 AM

Jun 2012
well that was a surprising episode one thing after another happened i actually thought Yuzuki would be sent to hell because she interfered it was possible even knowing Ai said its for you to decide could have meant more things.

it seems this show will get more depth earlier then last 2 seasons did but hope i am right and not that they fall back now on the next episode that would definitely be a disappointment after what we saw in this episode normally i didn't mind it but now i just want more depth.
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."
Jan 16, 2014 7:38 PM

Nov 2013
OMG THAT SOB NEEDS TO DIE......*pulls red string* *bitch disappears* finally a good service done here...crap i'm going to hell.....Atheism IN DA HOUUUSE!
Apr 22, 2014 1:02 PM
Dec 2011
Finally some action
Aug 16, 2014 6:59 AM

Jan 2014
I am literally crying while crawling upon the floor of my room.
Finally one true JIGOKU SHOUJO episode. I was expecting the positive trend began from episode 11 to dissolve, but here touched its pinnacle.
I literally had shivers down my spine when Akie was sent to Hell when she was touching Yuzuki's hand. I feel so sorry for both. Akie didn't deserved that, she was mainpulated so badly by that teacher..
Her reasoning was right, but she pushed herself too much.. but even with that, I can comprehend her.
Finally the melting of right and wrong returned.
And that scene when Ai returned was so dark and beautiful.. she appeared at the gate of Hell with her form of when she was sent there and re-engaged herself with her spirit (even though she was already dead.. she's got two spirits? lol).
And, last but not least, the already identificated Tsugumi reveals herself. How I miss her and Hajime, really.. nostalgia.
And now I finally wonder what will happen next, now that Yuzuki is free from Jigoku Shoujo but at the same time she's more involved than ever?
And that reflect of her at the Hell Gate?
It's incredible how the end of the first part is so different from the build-up.
I just hope now that this rupture will not be an isolated case, with a return to dullness for another 10 episodes circa.

One other thing I was really disappointed with was how after Enma returned, no one did or said anything, after the end of Futakomori series there should have been a big commotion.
Now I think that as long as her cursed form remained to Hell, (the cherry) while her spirit posessed Yuzuki, no one, aside her crew, became aware of it. But ow that she's out, I'm expecting shit getting real.
And I do now think that the Kikuri of Futakomori was another demon or what possessed by the commander of Hell, now gone. So this Kikuri we see is the demon of before, so that's why she was the first to recruit them without saying anything.

I still got Yuzuki's crying under the rain image in mind.
Mind blowng.
Dec 10, 2014 10:36 PM

Nov 2013
Very intense but pretty confusing. Why was Tsugumi from season one suddenly there? How did Yuzuki piece together that Akie was in trouble? Why was Ai able to leave Yuzuki's body? Why did Azusa kill Akie instead of her father? I thought the whole point of calling the man to rape Akie was to make her father feel pain and despair before killing him. Maybe Azusa originally planned to kill Akie to make Akie's father live a life full of pain and despair that was basically hell?

Now that's a sad way to die. Getting raped then getting sent to hell by your tutor. R.I.P. Akie ; __ ;

If they explained those plot points better and Akie's death wasn't so predictable, I would have gave this episode a 10.
FunnyRatmanDec 10, 2014 10:41 PM

Oct 12, 2015 10:49 AM

Aug 2014
Well that's what you get for trusting a woman who came out of nowhere and gives lesbian vibes to her student over your own father.

And can we have some poetic justice in this season for crying out loud?

Oh, pitiful shadow cloaked in darkness.
Thy actions cause men pain and suffering.
Thy hollow soul drowns in thy sins.
How would you like to see what death is like?
-Enma Ai
May 9, 2016 1:43 PM

Feb 2015
Poor Yuzuki... took them a while to get to the story.

"Shibata-sensei"? wait... Tsugumi? If that's an older version of her then-- nah, I'll reserve my judgement until it really is her.
Dec 21, 2016 7:43 PM

Apr 2014
Why would that woman turn her hate on Akie? I could see it as a way to spite Akie's father, but don't you need to have a grudge against that person specifically for Hell Link to work? If anything Yuzuki would have been the next target.

Quite unfortunate events nonetheless, and looking forward to seeing how the next 13 episodes, and the conclusion of the series turns out

May 3, 2017 10:31 AM

Apr 2009
So the sensei accessed the site twice?

That's unfair imo. T___T
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 14, 2017 4:12 PM
Mar 2016
i didn't even realize it was tsugumi until i read the comments. this was a good ep
Sep 11, 2017 11:11 AM
Mar 2011
So umm, I might be late to the party, but...

Anyone else noticed that?
It could be worse, it could be raining... oh wait.
Sep 23, 2017 6:30 AM

May 2015
The grapes changed colour. xDDD

This episdoe had some yuri vibe. Akie is gone. Bye bye.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Nov 3, 2017 11:57 AM

Sep 2012
ppl think new Ai choose her (ofc question remains why) & showed her so much darkness & new her eyes turned red like Ai's for a moment & before that Ai said the decision is new urs, u can new all see where this is heading cant u? :)

i help ppl to put the pieces together cause seems no1 is thinking about it cause they forget or miss the clues

some remembered the red eyes, but i put the clues together so ppl can think what they mean together

Sugram22Nov 3, 2017 12:08 PM
Dec 19, 2017 4:21 PM

Aug 2013
Um... Akie died? Da fuq?
Good episode though! I've been waiting for one like it for some time now, in order to break up this episodic pacing of the series. Hopefully this will bring more backstory development as well!
Feb 19, 2018 8:00 AM

Oct 2015
pfff..Akie was pretty dumb, trusting a stranger, being a drama queen and running off without explaining shit :'( That tutor is condensed filth!!!

Oh well, it was really nice to finally see Yuzuki being useful but it didn't pay off at the end T_T Poor Akie, poor Yuzuki.
Jun 11, 2019 3:59 AM

Jun 2017
Oh wow, Akie is gone, in hell, banished, by that bi*ch of a teacher. Anyway why would she even trust her in the first place.

Ai is back around this time though, very nice.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Jan 31, 2021 2:37 PM

Mar 2019
Oh damn. Finally a great episode. Akie is dead though :( and I didn't expect that. I thought the doll vanished for no reason. And why are you killing her when you have a thing with the father. Hoping that shit sensei can somehow die.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Nov 12, 2022 7:50 PM
Dec 2017
another silly episoe as always

Aug 2, 2023 1:44 PM

Sep 2017
I didn't really understand this episode. What just happened?
خ
Nov 18, 2023 11:30 PM
Mar 2016
Terrible episode, the show has given up any semblance of trying to have any consistency to the rules. You were only supposed to be able to banish people you hated. There were people who specifically couldn't summon hell girl because they didn't hate the person enough. That girl had zero reason to hate the friend and she never showed any animosity towards her. She was only using her to get back at the police chief, he was the person she had a grudge against. There should have been no way that hell girl accepted a new request against her friend.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» do you really believe that all thee victims deserved to go to hell

geekfreak17a - May 17, 2014

5 by redpanda_42 »»
Nov 19, 2023 8:37 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae Episode 18 Discussion

guyklc - Feb 7, 2009

35 by redpanda_42 »»
Nov 19, 2023 6:58 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae Episode 23 Discussion

guyklc - Mar 14, 2009

47 by patkarunungan »»
Nov 11, 2023 3:21 PM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Beave - Mar 20, 2009

52 by Phobossus »»
Aug 26, 2023 3:02 AM

Poll: » Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

guyklc - Nov 22, 2008

82 by Phobossus »»
Aug 21, 2023 10:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.