Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong, As I Expected (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]
Jan 17, 2020 2:04 AM
Apr 2016
Hard to believe that I'm rewatching this...because I don't remember a thing, but I did remember the ending pretty vividly.
Mar 28, 2020 8:29 PM

Aug 2017
Damn, Hachiman dressed like that looks pretty hot.

Not much happened in this episode until the end where Hachiman's sister revealed that Yuigahama is the owner of the dog that led to his accident. I really want to see how this situation develops.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
May 30, 2020 9:38 AM

Nov 2017
Ahhh, so here's the "I hate nice girls" spiel
Jun 19, 2020 1:23 PM

Dec 2016
Well, now this is getting very promising with that ending
Jul 3, 2020 8:52 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
As the title, he turns back from whence he came. A bit sad with the whole misinterpretation from Hachiman. Such a typical dense male thinking that way. But, wait a minute. His past of the romantic life were all wrong, so he just felt traumatic with the way Yui's treated him. Oh, well, Hachiman baka! So lets see how could they really ended the whole good thing happened after that stupid revelations from her sister. Could that be a bad resolution. I doubt it since thats just too early! But, man, the intensed feeling really served well as the best drama i felt nostalgic with some classical rom-com i've seen before. A youth romantic life, could that be so wrong? Idk!

I was too pathetic to ignore the whole first part of the cases with Saki. Cause, yeah, sorry, its just to Introduced the whole Yui's first feeling toward Hachiman. Its so understandable. But, lemme gave some short commentary about that:
Sai's confusing look really served as a shockment therapy.
Yui's jealousy over Sai's appearance. Lmao that girl reaction was indeed funny.
Lmao, the whole plan to take down Saki really hilarious. That teacher hit as a forever alone lady. That rejection toward Hayato, and a pure laugh from Hachiman!
Hachiman cat and Yukino reactions, aw, what a cutie duo!
That maid mode! Yui's acted too close to Hachiman really hinted some shit. Damn!
Some traumatic feeling harsh more from Yukino at the bar
And finally the revelations scenery at that fast food restaurant ....

Lets just jumping to the next episode!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 31, 2020 1:30 PM
Feb 2019
New character this episode and the focus stays on her as well... for most of the episode.
Kasawasaki Saki has that cold aura, which increases the suspicions about what she does in the night, and as her (outouto) brother aks for help to them, the volunteerism club takes action in the matter. They trying to get some info from Saki was funny, specially Hayama getting rejected by her. After getting some hints about her whereabouts, they decide to look in two places: first they go to a maid cafe, pretty much nothing happened there but the slice of lice feel of that scene was good, relaxing and soft; later, they go to a high-sky bar, and there they find Saki, the dialogue was witty in that part, it really gave some tension to the scene, and that exchange about their families was really interesting, it almost seemed like Yukino lost that round. I liked how at the end it turned out to be that her intentions were good, she's working hard (and out of the law) for her own future, that was a good plot twist; Komachi talking about how Hachiman watch out for her was good, it was a heartwarming example of the bond between siblings, and it was a good comparison with the relationship between Saki and Taishi also. The jokes about Taishi treating Hachiman as his onii-san were good as well, I had to point that out (he may be pretending Komachi?).
But man, let's talk about the real business. The scene at the end with the reveal of Yui being the owner of the dog Hachiman saved that day was completely unexpected, it took me off guard, but I like how there were some hints about it, more specifically that conversation when Hachiman met Saika in episode 3, and when Komachi salutes Yui at the beginning of this episode; Hachiman confronting Yui because of it was tough to watch, like he's right about it and his reclaims are well based, but he's still being a bit too rude with her, his consequent reflection about kindness was really good, a very cruel but down to earth view on it, destructive to some degree. I wonder how this is gonna get resolved actually I don't, I'm almost at season 1 finale when writing this, it seems it's not gonna be easy.
Great episode.

Also, I have three things more to say:

Aug 28, 2020 7:31 PM
Oct 2019
Bored. Think I'll bid adieu to this show.
Sep 30, 2020 4:36 AM

Jun 2020
The maid dress was wonderful Yukino was so cute but still to think that Yui was the one that hold the dog and the one that Hachiman save so basically that Yui is probably the reason or it will probably be the same but it was great.
Oct 16, 2020 11:52 PM

Apr 2018
The first half was really good but did not expect the second half to go that way. It was really deep.
Oct 22, 2020 1:47 PM

Aug 2018
Hell yeah, things are starting to get interesting

Nov 8, 2020 6:48 PM
Sep 2020
Okay, now I'm hooked.
Mar 14, 2021 8:17 PM
Feb 2021
nseika said:
For same sensitive issue, Saki walks away victorious while Hachiman got a straight blow

Yeah, it's a weird double standard. Perhaps just the standard Japanese one about gender and violence ...
Jun 10, 2021 12:31 PM

Oct 2017
"If the truth is a cruel mistress, then the nice girl is the lie. I hate nice girls." Damn, Hikky!
Dec 3, 2021 3:13 PM

Jun 2020
LoneWolf said:
I don't understand all of this hate towards Hachiman, its like people were not even watching the episode and didn't see his ending monologue and doesn't know how he thinks. Why can't you put yourselves in the MC's position, all of his life people have been avoiding him, making fun of him, someone is finally nice to him. Then suddenly he finds out that she just happens to be the girl whos dog he saved.

It comes together in his mind that the only reason shes treating him nicely is because he saved her dog. He's hurt by this, just like his monologue implied shes nice to everyone and hes no one special to her, the only reason she bothers is because of the dog, she doesn't really care about him. Of course we as the audience can see that this isn't really the case and Yui really does seem to have feelings for Hachiman, but for a person who has been alone all of his life it doesn't come together in his mind like that. It's actually really sad and I can say that I've been there and know exactly how he feels.

I don't think anyone is at fault here, Yui is not perceptive enough to realize that she was hurting Hachiman and "leading him on" in his mind all this time. She has always been subtlety hinting that she likes Hachiman, with the cookies asking for his number and what not. Hachiman simply wanted her to stop putting on a act, just because he saved her dog and unintentionally hurting him (I'm pretty sure he doesn't blame her for giving him "false hope"). At the end of the day as the audience we can see that both characters actually like eachother, but because of the way they think they just don't realize it and that is the saddest thing about this anime so far :(

+1, comment of the thread

I love it when I don't have to bother writing a comment.

One thing I will say though, this joke made me laugh.

Complete this proverb: When the wind blows... The Keiyo line stops running!

I live in the UK, we always moan about trains being delayed by snow, rain, strikes "the wrong type of leaves on the track" and we always say "why can't we be like Japan! Their trains are always on time and the fares are cheap and the stations are clean and the station staff are so smart and organised, blah blah blah etc etc etc. Finding out that their oh-so-perfect train system FAILS when the WIND BLOWS gives me an incredible amouht of evil schadenfreude. Take THAT Japan. You're not perfect!
BritishBlitz87Dec 3, 2021 3:24 PM
Old is Gold

"Look, look, we can do spinning shots without wasting our entire budget"
"Did you see? Look, it's all smooth and everything !"
"You're not looking, please, it's SO AWESOME LOOK AT HOW SPINNY IT IS!!!!"

- All anime animators since the invention of CGI.
Jan 15, 2022 7:18 PM

Feb 2019
Well now I want to go to a maid cafe.

The hotel bar thing was really cool as well, I just can't imagine how expensive that would be :(
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Feb 6, 2022 11:46 AM

Mar 2019
Woah didn't expect the new ED, fits the ending of the episode. I still don't know why Yui got so depressed after that.

I was kind of expecting the reveal to be more important than just "he saved her dog", lol.
Alex_TheForestFeb 6, 2022 11:51 AM
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Apr 27, 2022 4:07 AM

Nov 2019
Yui shows more affection for Hachiman than others. Joining the club for instance. He is guarded regardless. I can see where he's coming from. It's a protective mechanism from the possible subconscious outcomes like the hierarchy with Hayato.
Oct 18, 2022 6:18 PM
Jul 2018
Maybe I'm a minority here, but I found this episode quite boring. I actually stopped halfway and considered dropping the show entirely. I know this show is acclaimed and this episode had some deep moments, but I just personally wasn't entertained and was wondering if anyone else on the forum felt similar. At the very least, I like the MC, so I'll tread onward.
Nov 9, 2022 5:53 PM
Nov 2020
yuhhhhhhhhh hhhh
Feb 14, 2023 6:54 PM

Apr 2021
Great episode!! Although the second half got pretty serious. I wonder what'll happen now?
Mar 31, 2023 2:03 PM

Feb 2022
ok, the ending to this episode is gold. hiki spitting straight fax.
                                                    slice of life anime, my beloved.

2D>>>>>>
Apr 11, 2023 1:49 AM
scientia exitus

Mar 2020
uhhh random assortment of thoughts on this episode GO

sensei shizuka straight up abuses her student in funny anime rom com style whenever hachiman calls her single, but when Saki, a girl, says the same thing, nothing. sensei just goes off to cry

maid yukino make me go HNNNGGG

I like how yukino tells hachiman to stop looking shifty and fix his posture once they enter the hotel. Because yeah he usually does have that slimy-looking look all bent over with his hands in his pockets 

man hachiman just can't catch a break, dude gets destroyed every time there's girls talking around him LOL "surely you can't be on a date with this, THING"

anyway, they solve the mystery about why Saki was working late at night. she just wants to go to college and be self sufficient, not wanting to put that burden on others like her parents. 

speaking of, the 6 of them actually met up at around 5:30 in the morning. Dedication right there

ok but none of that really matters because it's the end of this episode that carries all the weight: "I will always hate nice girls." An intro to the real drama that will begin to brew between our three main characters:

hachiman has learnt his lesson in that if a girl appeared they were being nice to him, it was just that they were a nice girl, nice to everybody, and that he wasn't special to them. And to prevent his heart from getting broken again, he has carried that mindset to apply to every girl he will ever meet: including Yui. And once he realizes that it was Yui's dog that he saved that day which caused him to get hurt and miss out on the first days or weeks of school, he concludes that she was just being nice to him all this time to atone for her guilt of getting hachiman injured, and missing out on school and potential friends. He tells it straight to her face to drop the "act", to which Yui replies: "baka"- but not in the cute waifu kind of way... she was actually hurt. Perhaps guilt did play a part in her being nice to Hachiman- but by no means was that the whole reason. She believed she had found a friend, and was nice to hachiman BECAUSE she saw him as a friend. But hachiman either failed to see that, or did not want to see it. Either way, in essence he states that their relationship so far has just been a lie, and that she should just drop it. But it wasn't a lie, clearly seen through Yui's tears, and even her dejected state when she is out of Hachiman's view. She does put on a bit of her facade back on when she returns to her friend group, but inside of course she is still hurting because she probably thinks that she has lost someone who she could spend time with, with no facade needed. No needing to change your character to fit in, a person she could just be herself around. 

You know, the first time I watched this, in the Yukino vs. Yui war, I was hardcore yukino all the way. I couldn't see how anyone would favour Yui instead. But now taking all things into account, I think I can see why.

NYANPASU
5700XT

Apr 30, 2023 6:22 AM

Oct 2021
That hachiman monologue in the ending was awesome
Jun 4, 2023 6:31 AM
Apr 2021
better than previous
Dec 9, 2023 8:27 PM

Nov 2023
I love maid otfits
Mar 7, 10:43 PM
Dec 2020
Includes one of the deepest, memorable, and unique quotes, moments in Anime history, reflects the truth fr
Pages (8) « First ... « 6 7 [8]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Apr 4, 2013

421 by Remurst »»
Apr 14, 10:38 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jun 27, 2013

561 by Pancreas08 »»
Apr 12, 5:05 AM

» Where to read LN of yui's story

Jackson_rajkumar - Mar 28

6 by Aruhaya »»
Mar 29, 9:49 PM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Apr 11, 2013

239 by phuchaitt3 »»
Mar 18, 9:46 AM

Poll: » Yahari Ore no Seishun Love Comedy wa Machigatteiru. Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 23, 2013

301 by venbals »»
Mar 15, 12:57 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.