Forum Settings
Forums

Most physically painful experience you've gone through, pt. 2

New
May 1, 2013 10:11 PM

Jan 2012
Well, the last post of this was 9 mos. ago, and since it's not a game thread, I figured I wouldn't test my luck by bumping it.

Anyways, was talking about this with a friend earlier, and got me curious. Anyone feel like sharing the most painful thing they've been through?

For me, it was 2 years back when I passed a kidney stone. It passed just fine, but it hit out of nowhere and the pain was absolutely crippling. It was not fun, to say the least.
Lemme smang it girl.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
May 1, 2013 10:14 PM

Aug 2012
Ehhh... this seems like it'd be a nice Casual Discussion topic.

Wisdom teeth removal. Ow.
May 1, 2013 10:15 PM
May 2010
MellowJello said:
The aftermath.
May 1, 2013 10:16 PM

Aug 2012
LanaNi said:
MellowJello said:
The aftermath.
MOST DEFINITELY THE AFTERMATH.
May 1, 2013 10:23 PM

Sep 2012
Gastrointestinal infection that bloated my insides so much that my urethra was squeezed shut. That basically meant a constantly full bladder which could only pass a few drops at a time.

Funny thing about dental work... It never caused me any major pain. Fillings, wisdom teeth, etc. After the anaesthetic wore off, there was never discomfort. Guess I'm just lucky there.
Somewhere, there is an unplugged toaster sitting on a Coleman stove.

Does it feel lonely?
May 1, 2013 10:23 PM

Oct 2012
Either the time that a sinus infection put pressure onto one of my impacted wisdom teeth or the gas chamber. Although the gas chamber was also kinda fun. So fun, in fact, I went through a second time.
Let this be our little secret, no needs to know we're feeling HIGHER AND HIGHER AND HIGHER!
May 1, 2013 10:30 PM

Aug 2011
When I busted my head open the second time. Or was kicked in the crotch when I was 8. Or when I got Pop Rocks in my eyes...

May 2, 2013 7:49 AM

Dec 2010
Huh, actually wisdom teeth removal wasn't that much of a big problem for me. Or better, it was nothing compared to renal colics from a kidney stone. Well, the stone itself was the problem... Especially when I had to pee it out. Oh my @.@
May 2, 2013 8:01 AM

Oct 2008
Probably when I was like 7 and running around with a yard stick in my mouth...then fell....ow
May 2, 2013 8:09 AM

May 2012
MellowJello said:
Ehhh... this seems like it'd be a nice Casual Discussion topic.
Hopefully a mod moves it. Seems like a good thread too.

I don't think i've ever been through too much pain. Most recent thing I remember was getting kick in the face which was 12 days ago, had a nose bleed and a swollen nose for 2 days.
May 2, 2013 8:12 AM

Dec 2012
When I got circumcised at the age of 10 with no anesthesia it was done in a very horrific way ( My father and my uncle were holding me down by my arms and legs while the doctor (I don't even remember if he was a real doctor ._. ) started doing it needless to say I screamed and cried like a bitch.

Broke my hand in a very painful way when I was 12 or 13 years old and the natural therapy was even more painful it took me 2 weeks until I was able to move it normally.
May 2, 2013 8:16 AM

Jul 2007
Cut my elbow and got dragged along a field. The wound got infected and I had this massive bloody, pussy open wound for about 2 weeks. If it touched anything I was in absolute agony so sleeping was great fun.
May 2, 2013 8:17 AM

May 2012
tsudecimo said:
When I got circumcised at the age of 10 with no anesthesia
Ouch ouchouchouch!!! Wtf lol, why at that age and why no anesthetic.
May 2, 2013 8:23 AM

Dec 2012
Mkayyy said:
tsudecimo said:
When I got circumcised at the age of 10 with no anesthesia
Ouch ouchouchouch!!! Wtf lol, why at that age and why no anesthetic.

I don't know usually it supposed to happen very early ( age 1 and so on) but for some reason or another they postponed it or something and no anesthesia because it was done in my home not a hospital and that's normal in my country btw ._. .
May 2, 2013 9:16 AM

Feb 2010
Ankle twist.

/typical sports play.
May 2, 2013 9:33 AM

Oct 2012
School mate threw snowball right to my balls :(
May 2, 2013 9:55 AM

Mar 2011
Either

1) The time I got cramp in both my legs (the whole legs) out of nowhere that lasted for a couple of minutes.

2) It involved a thick rope, whipping, a sound like a thunder crack, and a rather sensitive part of my body.
May 2, 2013 10:23 AM

Feb 2012
Got a pot of boiling water spilled on my chest. And a severe ankle sprain. Foot did not turn in, turned out.
May 2, 2013 4:57 PM

Jan 2013
Hmm toss up between the time I snapped my left arm in half backwards, or when I had fallen into a fireant hive, and then all the ants swarmed my body. Or maybe the time I wrecked my bike down this dirt road and skinned most of my body, that was lovely.
May 2, 2013 4:59 PM

Jun 2009
Topic moved
More of a casual discussion topic.

On topic: I have the worst migraines you would not imagine.

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
May 2, 2013 5:04 PM

Jul 2012
Stubbing my little toe, not once, not twice, but thrice.
Konbu is important
May 2, 2013 5:08 PM

Aug 2012
A bended metal nail kinda in the shape of a staple but way bigger went up through the bottom of my foot and clinged onto a bone.
Didn't know it was clinging to my bone until after I tried to tug it out.. it was very unpleasant.
I then had to wiggle it around until it unclinged to pull it out

A close 2nd (unrelated to the first story)
-Out of my masochistic curiosity.. I wondered what it would feel like if I poked my open wound on my arm with a plastic string(that I pulled off of my binder).. well.. I learned it hurts like hell to re-stab yourself in the same spot.
GhostonyMay 2, 2013 5:12 PM
sexual incest in nisomonogatari - no one bats an eye
romance incest in SAO - everyone loses their minds
May 2, 2013 5:10 PM

Feb 2012
Suzune-chan said:
Actually I used to get horrible migraines all the time.

I guess I've never really been hurt that bad. Most painful experience I think would be when I slipped on ice as a kid and faceplanted and I had to get stitches in my head. Honestly, I don't really remember it hurting that much, but I was young and at that age I thought that bleeding from your head meant that you were going to die so I was pretty freaked out.

I also used to get stung by bees all the time so I got pretty used to it, but one time I was stung on the foot and it hurt like hell for days. I had to put it in water every ten minutes for a few hours to stop the pain and my foot swole up like crazy. I had hockey tryouts at that time too and my foot almost didn't fit in my skate XD

Besides that, I've had a few bad sprains.
May 2, 2013 5:20 PM
May 2013
Landing on my back after a fail attempt at a flip on our neighborhood pool high dive not only was it painful as Fuck, it was embarrassing because my luck decided on that day to say Fuck this kid! and off came my swim trunks in front of a bunch of mddle school girls and their fathers
May 2, 2013 5:22 PM

Sep 2012
Falled on my hip when climbing a tree when I was 11, I couldn't feel my legs for like 25 minutes.
Also falled form a wardrobe and I got my chin open, but I was too young (probably 6 years old) so I don't even remember the pain.
May 2, 2013 5:24 PM

Aug 2011
TehBlindSamurai said:
Landing on my back after a fail attempt at a flip on our neighborhood pool high dive not only was it painful as Fuck, it was embarrassing because my luck decided on that day to say Fuck this kid! and off came my swim trunks in front of a bunch of mddle school girls and their fathers

Sounds like the humiliation was the most painful thing there. Yikes.

May 2, 2013 5:28 PM

Nov 2011
I was running, I tripped, and hit my jaw on a wooden arm rest. The worst part was I had a debate on the next day. Luckily it wasn't a fracture.
May 2, 2013 5:34 PM
May 2013
Itami-chan said:
TehBlindSamurai said:

Sounds like the humiliation was the most painful thing there. Yikes.

Yeah and i'm going to be completely honest here I am 6'3 the second tallest person in my family but as anatomy would have it I have the penis the size of kit kat bar. My dad says we are a family of late bloomers I hope to god he is right
May 2, 2013 5:44 PM

Mar 2013
Wow, some horrific things happening here. :o I consider myself very lucky even though I have to undergo pain pretty much every month. Whenever it's that time of the month for me, I get very painful stomach cramps accompanied by nausea for about the first day or two and all I can do is lie on a fetal position in bed and try not to throw up. But more excruciating than that is whenever I'm on a plane and it's about to land. My ears pop, and after a while it starts to feel like my ear canals are caving in from the air pressure, the pain is so sharp and spreads through a portion of my face and down my neck as well. I can't turn my head without turning my whole body as well, and for a few hours afterwards my ears are numb and I can't hear properly. Not fun at all. :/
"Go bald, Kurosaki."

May 2, 2013 5:48 PM

Aug 2011
TehBlindSamurai said:
Yeah and i'm going to be completely honest here I am 6'3 the second tallest person in my family but as anatomy would have it I have the penis the size of kit kat bar. My dad says we are a family of late bloomers I hope to god he is right

You have my condolences. You're still pretty young though, so don't worry about it too much.

May 2, 2013 8:43 PM

Nov 2006
I love threads like this for some reason. Think I posted in the last one too.

I had jaw surgery in May of '09. Broken in 4 places, couldn't eat solid food for 3 months. It was extremely painful, gross, the anesthesia/morphine really fucked with me mentally, and I lost a ton of weight because I was basically starving. My wisdom teeth removal was like a walk in the park in comparison.

I got a severe sunburn in August of '11 that was in the same league as the surgery because pain meds didn't help and I couldn't sleep because having my back and shoulders touch anything was excruciating. It also leaked pus so my shirt would get stuck to my skin and I couldn't shower because the water hitting it felt like needles. Luckily it only lasted a week. Definitely not my brightest moment.
May 2, 2013 8:48 PM

Apr 2008
Slyr3do0n said:
Suzune-chan said:

I guess I've never really been hurt that bad. Most painful experience I think would be when I slipped on ice as a kid and faceplanted and I had to get stitches in my head. Honestly, I don't really remember it hurting that much, but I was young and at that age I thought that bleeding from your head meant that you were going to die so I was pretty freaked out.

I also used to get stung by bees all the time so I got pretty used to it, but one time I was stung on the foot and it hurt like hell for days. I had to put it in water every ten minutes for a few hours to stop the pain and my foot swole up like crazy. I had hockey tryouts at that time too and my foot almost didn't fit in my skate XD

Between the age of 18-19 I used to get horrible migraines, constantly - I'd sleep with them, wake up with them, sometimes they'd last for a whole week, I think it was something to do with hormonal changes and finally becoming a full adult, God knows though since the true cause was never identified I even had a cranial MRI done to check for tumours. All of a sudden they just stopped though and I haven't had any trouble since then.

I may have to get a wisdom tooth removed soon so I don't like the sound of some of these posts...plus..the kindey stones all sound nightmarish GAH! ZOMFG ..Gaaaah
May 2, 2013 8:49 PM

Jun 2011
My brother accidentally fell on my arm and broke it. It was not a pleasant experience for the 8-year old me.
May 2, 2013 8:53 PM

Jan 2012
Slyr3do0n said:
Suzune-chan said:

On the topic of headaches, a close friend of mine who is 24 and has a kid just got diagnosed with cluster headaches. Apparently they've been going on for about a week, and she's told me several times that she'd rather go through child birth again than have another week of cluster headaches. Ouch.
Lemme smang it girl.
May 2, 2013 8:55 PM

Dec 2012
windy said:

I got a severe sunburn in August of '11 that was in the same league as the surgery because pain meds didn't help and I couldn't sleep because having my back and shoulders touch anything was excruciating. It also leaked pus so my shirt would get stuck to my skin and I couldn't shower because the water hitting it felt like needles. Luckily it only lasted a week. Definitely not my brightest moment.
ewwwwwwww

ont: I have a pretty high pain threshold in general, so I never realize when I actually contract bruises and or cuts. Speaking in terms of most physically painful though, it would have to be when I tore my ACL (one of the four major ligaments of the knee) playing football. Heard a loud pop, dropped to the grown and just proceeded to go: "FUUUCKK!!!" because that was when I realized I'd probably never play football again. (Or at least, in anyway close to how I used to play) Had to get carried off the field and everything. Another one would be, although pretty insignificant compared to the tear, was when I gave myself five self-inflicted cigarette burns.
May 2, 2013 8:57 PM

Feb 2013
NickyCharisma said:
Either the time that a sinus infection put pressure onto one of my impacted wisdom teeth or the gas chamber. Although the gas chamber was also kinda fun. So fun, in fact, I went through a second time.

I'll admit, this was a unique experience for me as well. Didn't go a second time though. The Drills were more interested in having us load up the rucks, put the masks on and do a 5k march right afterwards...

Hmm, when I was 6, I had a cinder block fall on my head. Didn't knock me out, but I bled rather profusely.

Then there was the time when I was 10 and ran through a sliding glass door (long story.) The cuts on my legs didn't hurt as much as my face smacking the glass.

I also get extremely painful migraines.

Oh, and when I heard Megadeth's "Super Collider"...man that hurt.

Apr 2008
Yeah my tendon injury was painful, but the most painful thing about that sort of stuff is the injury to your pride, the fact that it'll never be as strong again, and that it takes FRICKIN AGES to heal.

Dec 2012
After reading through several comments, I no longer think what my most physically painful experience is really all that painful.

Anyways, back when I was still in elementary school, me and my friend were walking around this park nearby our place and there was this outdoor swimming pool. It hadn't been cleaned for ages it seemed with all the leaves in the water and just the color of the water in general, very dirty and not your ideal place to swim in. So just for curiosity, we decided to climb over the fence to see just how dirty the pool was. When I got to the top of the fence, I jumped down and landed on a metal spike. It pierced through my sandal and foot and dug in a good 2cm into my foot. After that I fainted for a good couple of minutes and saw my foot soaked with blood.

I don't remember exactly what happened next but I didn't go to the hospital (which was really stupid now that I think about it) and just waited for it to heal. Since it was summer, there wasn't school so at the very least it didn't interfere with that.
May 2, 2013 8:59 PM

Nov 2006
Wicked_Glory said:
On the topic of headaches, a close friend of mine who is 24 and has a kid just got diagnosed with cluster headaches. Apparently they've been going on for about a week, and she's told me several times that she'd rather go through child birth again than have another week of cluster headaches. Ouch.
Holy shit, that has got to be one of the worst things in the world. I hope they go away soon.
May 2, 2013 9:00 PM

Dec 2012
apatch3 said:
Yeah my tendon injury was painful, but the most painful thing about that sort of stuff is the injury to your pride, the fact that it'll never be as strong again, and that it takes FRICKIN AGES to heal.
Yeah man. Even nowadays (been about a whole year) if I pivot or plant my foot with too much pressure or inaccurately my left knee starts to buckle and give in a bit. I'm all for one to go through surgery, but medical covers only about 80% iirc.
May 2, 2013 9:00 PM

May 2010
When i was 6 years old, i feel from a tree on my face and i still have the x shape scar on my chin today.
More recently, i experienced sleep paralysis for like 1 minute, it was like i was in hell for that duration
May 2, 2013 9:02 PM

Dec 2012
KLM364 said:
i still have the x shape scar
kenshin?
May 2, 2013 9:03 PM

Feb 2013
KLM364 said:
When i was 6 years old, i feel from a tree on my face and i still have the x shape scar on my chin today.
More recently, i experienced sleep paralysis for like 1 minute, it was like i was in hell for that duration

Isn't that where you cut off your circulation to your limbs from laying on them and can't move?
May 2, 2013 9:09 PM

Dec 2012
Ntad said:
KLM364 said:

Isn't that where you cut off your circulation to your limbs from laying on them and can't move?
Not necessarily, no. As far as I'm concerned, sleep paralysis is often associated with the inability to move even though fully awake/conscious and shit.
May 2, 2013 9:10 PM

Apr 2008
I get sleep paralysis sometimes, it's unpleasant but it isn't painful in a physical sense, you just get really anxious "I'm conscious but I can't move my body"
May 2, 2013 9:11 PM

Aug 2012
apatch3 said:
I get sleep paralysis sometimes, it's unpleasant but it isn't painful in a physical sense, you just get really anxious "I'm conscious but I can't move my body"

One step closer to lucid dream.
May 2, 2013 9:14 PM

Feb 2013
apatch3 said:

I almost want to experience this now.
May 2, 2013 9:18 PM

Dec 2012
Ntad said:
apatch3 said:

I wouldn't, unless you consider yourself to be a strong minded person and impervious to hallucinations/paranoia in general. A lot of stories that revolve around sleep paralysis almost always, have to do with seeing shadows, scary figures, etc. I've encountered them myself, but I shrug it off. The mind runs rampant because as apatch said, you feel anxious because it's all "hey, what the fuck, I'm awake but I can't move." Eyes can be closed or open as well, it's pretty trippy
May 2, 2013 9:18 PM

Aug 2012
Ntad said:
apatch3 said:

Trust me, you don't want to.
May 2, 2013 9:20 PM

Apr 2008
Yeah the first time it happened I was like 15 and I could have sworn that I heard a voice whispering in my ear but I couldn't turn my head to see it, and when I was finally free I had to spend the rest of the night in my parents room I was so freaked out haha, not a moment I'm proud of but yeah, it was freaky.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» 2023-2024 NBA Season Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

deg - Jun 18, 2023

678 by Hitagi__Furude »»
18 minutes ago

» Are you going to apologize?

LenRea - Mar 25

28 by Rhaelynne »»
19 minutes ago

» Who is the most perverted person you irl ?

Thy-Veseveia - 48 minutes ago

0 by Thy-Veseveia »»
48 minutes ago

» Manga piracy website operator ordered to pay ¥1.7 billion to publishers

Meusnier - Apr 19

24 by DreamWindow »»
55 minutes ago

» Do you think there should be an age limit on friendship?

Thy-Veseveia - Feb 28

41 by Merve2Love »»
2 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.