Forum Settings
Forums

What anime do you HATE that everyone seems to love?

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Apr 29, 2013 5:18 PM

Sep 2012
Someday I'll watch Clannad After Story, after I force myself to watch Clannad.

I don't hate Clannad, though. My answer to this thread would have to be Toradora!.
Apr 29, 2013 5:20 PM

Sep 2010
Jovoo said:
ihateeveryone said:
Mirai Nikki because Yuno a shit.

Mirai Nikki is not shit because of Yuno, I can guarantee you that.

Both Yuno and Yukki are the worst protagonists ever. I only stayed around for Akise and Ninth.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Apr 29, 2013 5:27 PM

Mar 2012
Roloko said:
Jovoo said:
ihateeveryone said:

Both Yuno and Yukki are the worst protagonists ever. I only stayed around for Akise and Ninth.
Mirai Nikki shit because it's not comedy anime. Seriously it was more funny than thriling.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 29, 2013 5:31 PM

Dec 2012
NeoAnkara said:
Roloko said:
Jovoo said:
ihateeveryone said:

Mirai Nikki shit because it's not comedy anime. Seriously it was more funny than thriling.

It was shit either way, but Yuno if nothing else made it better for me. I don't know how much better shit can get, but still.
The forums are dark, and full of ego.
Apr 29, 2013 5:43 PM

Feb 2013
There's a lot of stuff everyone loves that I hate: Rosario + Vampire, Shin-Chan, Bleach, One Piece, Naruto, Code Geass, Death Note, Deadman Wonderland, Paranoia Agent, and Claymore just to name a few.
Apr 29, 2013 5:44 PM

Sep 2012
deadjames said:
Rosario + Vampire
Anime or manga?
Apr 29, 2013 5:46 PM

Dec 2012
Red_Keys said:
deadjames said:
Rosario + Vampire
Anime or manga?

The title of the thread is 'What anime do you HATE' in the 'Anime Discussions' board.
The forums are dark, and full of ego.
Apr 29, 2013 5:46 PM

Apr 2013
Popka said:

I don't hate Clannad, though. My answer to this thread would have to be Toradora!.
damn fo' real? Toradora might be the only romance-comedy-drama/harem that I thought was genuinely good from beginning to end.
Apr 29, 2013 5:54 PM
Feb 2012
Bleach, Naruto, One Piece (ironically, the Big 3 they're calling it nowadays.) and now, Dragon Ball Z (the show I used to like, but then my tastes changed. Same thing for Naruto.)
Not that there's no pure hatred on it, but my God, it this truly overrated! Too long, too overhyped, and the fanbase takes this too seriously. ... and yes, I do have a friend that still is a fan of these overrated shows, but I should not give any disrespect to my friend.
filmftw1Apr 29, 2013 6:07 PM
Apr 29, 2013 5:57 PM

Dec 2012
Clannad (Not After Story), Sword Art Online, Eureka Seven (Not formally on the list, but I did not enjoy it). Also... Toradora is on my dropped list : P
Apr 29, 2013 5:58 PM

Oct 2012
Tavor said:
What I really believe my source of praise for Shinji in NGE is probably because I could see myself in Shinji as a character. Cheesy? Perhaps. To say the least, it wasn't sympathy, it was empathy (obviously if you disregard the blunt father/dead mother/piloting & fighting/crazy psycho girls). Key points I noticed was that he tried to avoid conflict, or rather, he really dislikes taking on conflict, just as much as I. Whenever he repeatedly said, "Yes ma'am, no ma'am" and then Misato flat out told him, "are you even listening to me?" it showed Shinji using simple phrases of "Yes ma'am" as a way to avoid heated conflict, again, I tend to do the same, and you could say my father was like the Misato in that respect.
It helped immensely that I was feeling rather down as well when I first viewed NGE, as it just seemed like shit just loved to fly right to me, and so seeing the 'reflection' of myself in that anime...it was quite the wake up call for me.

Am I right guys?

Apr 29, 2013 5:59 PM
Feb 2012
Shrabster said:
Am I right guys?

As an Evangelion fan, this is pure genius. Somehow, this seems accurate.
Apr 29, 2013 6:02 PM
Jan 2013
Madoka
Bakemonogatari
Inuyasha
Fate/Zero
Gintama
Pokemon
Bleack
Naruto
One Piece
Death Note
Toradora
Dragon Ball Z
Neon Genesis Evangelion.
Apr 29, 2013 6:04 PM

Oct 2012
filmftw1 said:
Shrabster said:
Am I right guys?

As an Evangelion fan, this is pure genius. Somehow, this seems accurate.

LOL'd

Scumbag Anno NERV.

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Apr 29, 2013 6:04 PM

Jan 2011
I never really liked Code Geass (i thought the plot was boring, a bit hard to understand and the ending was too sad), I didnt like watching Death Note and I thought that Peach Girl was just plain silly >_<
Apr 29, 2013 6:05 PM

Sep 2012
OfficialGuts said:
Popka said:

damn fo' real? Toradora might be the only romance-comedy-drama/harem that I thought was genuinely good from beginning to end.

I don't think Toradora's a terrible anime, I just hate it. Every scene after the first episode just puts me off because it seems absurd to me that Ryuji didn't call the cops after Taiga literally committed attempted murder against him.
Apr 29, 2013 6:10 PM

Jun 2012
Bakemonogatari
Apr 29, 2013 6:11 PM
Feb 2012
Otakushoujo111 said:

Fate/Zero
Neon Genesis Evangelion.

... WHY YOU- ... okay, I won't argue. Read the light novels though. It's better than the Anime. ... unless you've already read the novels, (goes in berserk mode) But I could see this as one of those shows that might not be for everyone.
As for NGE... as a person that's a fan of it, I could see why people wouldn't like it. It's dark and mean-spirited, but feels special when seeing it.
Apr 29, 2013 6:13 PM

Feb 2013
Red_Keys said:
deadjames said:
Rosario + Vampire
Anime or manga?
The anime, I've yet to read the manga.
Apr 29, 2013 6:15 PM

Oct 2012
filmftw1 said:
Otakushoujo111 said:

Fate/Zero
Neon Genesis Evangelion.

... WHY YOU- ... okay, I won't argue. Read the light novels though. It's better than the Anime. ... unless you've already read the novels, (goes in berserk mode) But I could see this as one of those shows that might not be for everyone.

Probably one of the reasons why I didn't really enjoy F/Z, as I didn't read the light novels, but eh...I'm just not really sold on it. In general though, I dislike characters having equal screentime, sounds weird I know, but that kind of storytelling distances me away from a focal character and thus the enjoyment factor is killed for me.

Apr 29, 2013 6:19 PM

Mar 2012
deadjames said:
Red_Keys said:
deadjames said:
Rosario + Vampire
Anime or manga?
Read it then.
Kickstarter for Rokujouma is fully funded. Good work everyone. Lets wait for the result of our hard work together.
Apr 29, 2013 6:19 PM

Sep 2012
For me Fate/Zero is kind of like Redline. I like it for eye candy action. I can definitely see where some people would be put off by it, though.
Apr 29, 2013 6:24 PM

Feb 2013
NeoAnkara said:
deadjames said:
Red_Keys said:
deadjames said:
Rosario + Vampire
Anime or manga?
Read it then.
I'll get around to it eventually, it's on my PTR list.
Apr 29, 2013 6:31 PM

Jun 2010
One peice. So boring and repetitive.
Apr 29, 2013 6:34 PM

Jan 2011
I am watching Code Geass and I can not stand Lelouch. I wanna strangle him, hopefully by the end of the series I will change my perception.
Be humble or be humbled.
Apr 29, 2013 6:39 PM

Feb 2013
I hate Clannad but everyone is so obsessed with it
"Currently playing the Game of of Life"
Poppin Pills is All We Know - Antidote
Apr 29, 2013 6:42 PM

Oct 2012
-Fuji- said:

8/10...

Apr 29, 2013 6:44 PM

Apr 2013
-Fuji- said:
i find clannad artistically good but boring too / I'm only watching it for AS which is suppose to be amazing and depressing.
Apr 29, 2013 6:44 PM

Mar 2012
Tavor said:
-Fuji- said:

8/10...
It was MAL where 7=5.
Apr 29, 2013 6:55 PM

Sep 2012
Samurai Champloo, for some reason I find it boring.
Apr 29, 2013 6:56 PM

Feb 2013
Apr 29, 2013 7:18 PM

Jun 2012
Can't think of a single one. There are some loved anime that I don't really care for but definitely not hate, Deadman wonderland, Toradora!, Champloo. And then there are some anime that I sort of hate, Accel world, Tsuritama, but those aren't particularly loved.
Apr 29, 2013 7:28 PM
Apr 2013
You guys are right I'm sorry for giving my personal honest opinion on a forum discussion asking people about their opinions on shows they don't like. No really my bad! I am 100% at fault I should have known that this was the Internet and personal opinions are not allowed you just go with what everybody else says so you don't stick out
Apr 29, 2013 7:44 PM

Mar 2012
Soul Eater , absolutely hate this show, even though I really wanted to like it the setting of the show looked so great but then I heard the characters speak.... I don't think I have ever watched a show with such a fucking annoying main cast(well the male chars at least, mako is alright I guess) soul had such dire unfunny dialogue that wasn't even laughably bad, death himself was stupid, Death the Kid symmetry got old after the first time and people find this guy funny, like wtf , sure funny if you got the mental age of a 4 year old. But then it gets worse..... Black Star.... who somehow, though it shouldn't even be technically possible manages to be more excruciatingly annoying than dub naruto.... ok I end rant there I don't even want to write anything more about this char , I find myself getting irritated just by thinking of him.
Apr 29, 2013 8:59 PM

Feb 2010
GenuineAnime said:
Rakshasa said:
I wouldn't say hate, but I think Clannad is really overrated.

*cough* No 1 can beat me in a Clannad debate *cough* Speaking for the romance part.

for ppl who have seen Clannad

You can make up anything about Clannad, but the things I just mentioned are facts that cant be taken away from Clannad,and by those facts alone make Clannad's "type" underrated rather than overrated.

I don't even need to read your spoiler to know that you are saying bullshit.
Apr 29, 2013 9:47 PM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Thread cleaned and locked.
Removed several troll and spam posts on the last pages.
Also, this thread is basically the same as this one: http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=31853
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» How long until we see western adaptations of series that follow the footsteps of anime adapting manga?

_cjessop19_ - 3 hours ago

3 by Zarutaku »»
1 minute ago

» What is the biggest problem in the world of anime in your opinion?

castle2001 - Yesterday

43 by FanofAction »»
3 minutes ago

» What is the best anime in your opinion?

tappioca - 4 hours ago

14 by Zarutaku »»
6 minutes ago

» Do you consider the opening(s) and ending(s) when rating an anime? ( 1 2 )

Hacker075 - Mar 15

71 by tappioca »»
7 minutes ago

» we already have anime about 30 year old men so why not anime about 30 year old moms be the next trend?

tappioca - 1 hour ago

6 by Zarutaku »»
22 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.